PDA

View Full Version : Davis smiled "like the Koolaid man" upon hearing Asik just wants to rebound/defend

oarabbus
09-18-2014, 02:37 AM
In Spain, Omer Asik told Monty/Anthony Davis he just wants to rebound/defend. Upon hearing that, Davis' smile was "like the Kool-Aid Man"

Just imagining Davis with his hairy ass unibrow busting through a wall like the kool aid man :roll:

https://twitter.com/Jim_Eichenhofer/status/512317432883847168

This team is going to be NASTY. IMO they will be a playoff team

Cocaine80s
09-18-2014, 02:38 AM
The interviewer then turned into stone

russwest0
09-18-2014, 02:39 AM
:biggums: Thats racist.

oarabbus
09-18-2014, 02:48 AM

OHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHH

TheMilkyBarKid
09-18-2014, 02:48 AM
Davis is going to beast!

Milbuck
09-18-2014, 02:59 AM
This team is going to be NASTY. IMO they will be a playoff team
SHHHHH. Don't let Rockets fans hear you.

Apparently there's no possible way that Houston could miss the playoffs in a brutal conference, despite losing 3 of their 6 best players from last year and replacing them with Trevor "save my effort for contract years" Ariza. And despite there being 7 clearly better teams than them, and teams like NO and Phoenix on the rise.

Davis taking his game to another level, adding one of the best rebounding/defending bigs in the game in Asik, getting core pieces back from injury like Jrue Holiday who is a fringe all-star when healthy and an elite stretch 4 off the bench in Ryan Anderson, Tyreke Evans getting his shit together (20/6/7/1 on 57% TS over the last month and a half of the season), and a healthy Eric Gordon is just a bonus....apparently NOLA still has zero shot of making the playoffs.

buddha
09-18-2014, 03:00 AM
If Anthony Davis doesn't make the playoffs he is the new Kevin "Empty Stats" Love.

brantonli
09-18-2014, 04:53 AM

Apparently there's no possible way that Houston could miss the playoffs in a brutal conference, despite losing 3 of their 6 best players from last year and replacing them with Trevor "save my effort for contract years" Ariza. And despite there being 7 clearly better teams than them, and teams like NO and Phoenix on the rise.

Davis taking his game to another level, adding one of the best rebounding/defending bigs in the game in Asik, getting core pieces back from injury like Jrue Holiday who is a fringe all-star when healthy and an elite stretch 4 off the bench in Ryan Anderson, Tyreke Evans getting his shit together (20/6/7/1 on 57% TS over the last month and a half of the season), and a healthy Eric Gordon is just a bonus....apparently NOLA still has zero shot of making the playoffs.

Rockets will fall to 6-8th seed, but having 2 superstars is still better than a team of 1 superstar and 4 pretty good players. Of course, there's always the chance that Houston suffers the injuries and NO manages to stay healthy all season, and thus NO makes the playoffs over Houston. Injuries are always a bitch

masonanddixon
09-18-2014, 05:05 AM
Davis/Asik/Anderson would be a monster frontcourt.

sportjames23
09-18-2014, 06:12 AM

my dude russ got banned. :eek:

All Net
09-18-2014, 06:21 AM
That frontcourt will be a nightmare to score on.

Cocaine80s
09-18-2014, 06:24 AM
It will be epic seeing NO and Houston compete for the 8th seed

I think the pelicans edge them out tbh

harden still my ***** tho

poido123
09-18-2014, 06:30 AM

Elite rim protection.

They will need to be with a turnstile perimeter defense.

I could see the pelicans sneaking into the playoffs this year.

navy
09-18-2014, 09:23 AM
We'll see. Many teams elect to go small these days. Might not have Davis and Asik on the floor at the same time if you got SF's playing the 4.

miles berg
09-18-2014, 09:33 AM
I honestly don't see how Asik & Davis fit together. It seems Anderson + Davis is a perfect combo.

Random_Guy
09-18-2014, 09:36 AM
I honestly don't see how Asik & Davis fit together. It seems Anderson + Davis is a perfect combo.
davis has the range and agility to play an inside out game, and to defend fours with range.

Bandito
09-18-2014, 09:42 AM
Rockets will fall to 6-8th seed, but having 2 superstars is still better than a team of 1 superstar and 4 pretty good players. Of course, there's always the chance that Houston suffers the injuries and NO manages to stay healthy all season, and thus NO makes the playoffs over Houston. Injuries are always a bitch
Rockets have a superstar while NOLA has none. What the heck are you talking about. Davis is not a superstar yet. And who is the other one? Holiday? Evans? Gordon????:biggums:

NOLA just has a better team because Dwight their 'superstar' sucks as one.

ralph_i_el
09-18-2014, 10:53 AM
but having 2 superstars is still better than a team of 1 superstar and 4 pretty good players.

:facepalm nowhere near that simple

Nastradamus
09-18-2014, 11:15 AM

Eh, Parsons and Ariza are pretty similar, Lin isn't that good and Asik clashes with Dwight too much. Guys like Beverly,Jones and Montejiunas need to step it up though. Having 2 superstars is always a big edge. They'll have more experience playing together too.

Mr Exlax
09-18-2014, 11:22 AM
I wonder if teams will have to double Davis at all. If so, hopefully Asik learned to catch and dunk or layup over the summer. If he can't do that I see bad things for NO.

PP34Deuce
09-18-2014, 12:26 PM
Davis is versatile enough defensively that in 5-8 min stretches you can bring Ryan Anderson out to the 3 and Davis can cover that athletic 3 while Anderson has size to cover their 4.

Asik makes it that Davis is only playing 4 and 3 on occasion. No additional wear and tear in the post.

If Jrue Holiday can take better shots and play great defense
If Tyreke Evans can play more efficient all around

That team can be a 6th seed.

Levity
09-18-2014, 01:27 PM

i can understand the skepticism seeing as the NBA has been going with smaller line ups in recent history, but Davis is an anomaly. He's a "long" defender that can close the paint or stay out on the perimeter. His lateral speed is quick enough to stay in front of 3's playing the 4, and his length just makes it that much more difficult for the offensive player to score. Behind him, you have Asik closing the paint/open lanes. It can be pretty damn terrific if the rotations are on point. its basically what HOU wanted to do, but neither howard or asik were proficient guarding perimeter big men (something davis can definitely do)

offensively, the two are more cohesive when paired, than howard and asik were, due to davis' ability to stretch the floor.

inclinerator
09-18-2014, 02:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qsRqKxA.jpg