PDA

View Full Version : Charles Barkley Rookie Report (1984/85 Season)

King1991nba
09-18-2014, 06:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZv_aw1pxQw

Nice segment about rookie Charles Barkley.

Round Mound
09-18-2014, 07:35 AM
What Explosiveness!

sportjames23
09-18-2014, 08:50 AM
GOAT PF :bowdown:

Spurs5Rings2014
09-18-2014, 09:11 AM

:facepalm

bizil
09-18-2014, 02:09 PM

Peak wise, I agree! He had more ways to dominate a game than the other great PF's. Other than defense, Barkley had it ALL IN SPADES! True alpha dog, Freak athlete, great handles for a big, great on the block, could dominate from midrange, could be effective from three ball, epic rebounder, and had point forward skills. He and Bird might be the perfect combo forwards. Barkley in terms of a PF who could play SF and Bird a SF who could play PF. U got Bron too in that realm, but it seemed Bird had the grit and toughness of the best PF's. While Bron could just overwhelm with his athletic skills. GOAT wise, u could rank him as high as number three in my book.

JtotheIzzo
09-18-2014, 02:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZv_aw1pxQw

Nice segment about rookie Charles Barkley.

interesting that they praise his defense. the dummy haters will still say he was a weak defender.

CB34 GOAT PF

PHILA
09-18-2014, 02:20 PM
defense
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDN_1Ucvrrc&t=2m15s

Round Mound
09-18-2014, 08:04 PM
There Will Never Be Another Barkley :bowdown:

1988-1993 2nd Best Player In The World

bizil
09-18-2014, 09:47 PM
There Will Never Be Another Barkley :bowdown:

1988-1993 2nd Best Player In The World

I agree! I think at that point, Barkley got so good he moved past Magic EVEN THOUGH Magic was still going strong in his prime. It wasn't like Magic fell off, it was more about the versatility Chuck was bringing to the PF. However, I wouldn't argue against Magic is someone though that. Bird's back was beginning to act up in that time span. But early in that frame, MJ, Chuck, Magic, Bird, Isiah, Hakeem, and Dominique were the best seven players in the world! Later on around 91 when Magic retired, it got down to MJ, Chuck, Hakeem, Robinson, Malone, Ewing, and Drexler in my opinion.

Round Mound
09-18-2014, 09:50 PM
I agree! I think at that point, Barkley got so good he moved past Magic EVEN THOUGH Magic was still going strong in his prime. It wasn't like Magic fell off, it was more about the versatility Chuck was bringing to the PF. However, I wouldn't argue against Magic is someone though that. Bird's back was beginning to act up in that time span. But early in that frame, MJ, Chuck, Magic, Bird, Isiah, and Hakeem were the best six players in the world! Later on around 91 when Magic retired, it got down to MJ, Chuck, Hakeem, Robinson, Malone, and Drexler in my opinion.

Yup. Magic Was Still Great But Man What a Team He Had. He Had All The Elements Built For Him While Barkley Did Not. Barkley Was Robbed From The 1990 MVP. Doesn`t Matter. The People Who Saw Him Play From That Period of Time, Will Never Forget How Good He Was. :applause: