'87 Dominique
'09 LeBron
Young Wilt

Bench:
'09 Wade
Young Bill Russell

FatComputerNerd
09-18-2014, 12:43 PM
C has to be a healthy Bill Walton. He was probably the best outlet passing big-man ever.

PF: Unseld (toughness, will get the rebound if Walton doesn't, and make just as good of an outlet pass)

SF: Lebron

SG: Allen (gotta have a good spot-up shooter for those transition threes. He was also a very good finisher at the rim.)

PG: Iverson (Lebron can share play-making duties when playing half-court)

Milbuck
09-18-2014, 12:43 PM
Westbrook
Wade or peak MJ
Lebron
Barkley
Blake

Didn't go with a C. If I have to, maybe Orlando Dwight or current Deandre Jordan.

Fudge
09-18-2014, 12:45 PM
Westbrook
Wade or peak MJ
Lebron
Barkley
Blake

Didn't go with a C. If I have to, maybe Orlando Dwight or current Deandre Jordan.
PHX Amare, bro.

Milbuck
09-18-2014, 12:52 PM
PHX Amare, bro.
Damn, forgot him. Yeah I'd probably have young Stat instead of Blake.

Westbrook to Amare :biggums:

wally_world
09-18-2014, 12:53 PM
:biggums:

Everyone here is a finisher, who's gonna pass the ball? A pass is faster than a dribble. Magic/Nash, LeBron, Worthy has to be on every list.

Magic / Nash
Hondo / Ginobili
LeBron / Dr J / Durant
Worthy / 6ers Barkley
Russell / Love / #32 Amare

Magic/Nash runs and controls the fastbreak better than anyone else. Hondo/Ginobili can run with the best of them, great slashers who makes precision passes, can step out and spread the floor if need be (basically all-around). LeBron/Doc/Worthy/Charles/Amare among the best finishers. Durant is my wildcard, long strides, deep range, can finish, can handle. Russell/Love for the rebound and outlet.

*Westbrook a great mention
** prime Barbosa would be terrific too

Budadiiii
09-18-2014, 12:54 PM
Magic Johnson
Micheal Jordan
LeBron James
Blake Griffin
Kendrick Perkins

#number6ix#
09-18-2014, 12:55 PM
Kidd
Carter
Bron
Griffin
Howard

wally_world
09-18-2014, 12:56 PM
Magic Johnson
Micheal Jordan
LeBron James
Blake Griffin
Kendrick Perkins

would personally prefer having KPerk running the point

Budadiiii
09-18-2014, 01:01 PM
would personally prefer having KPerk running the point
Dude is actually a really good passer and after he secures the board. he could advance the ball to Magic and the other 3 'finishers' would light it up up up, they're on fire.

You don't need a 7ft. guy running up the court and getting in the way of the other 3 guys. Magic + MJ/LBJ/Griffin = best fastbreak team of all time.

Perkins is simply there to stay the **** out the way.

ralph_i_el
09-18-2014, 01:12 PM
Only current players:

John Wall
Westbrook
Lebron
Blake Griffin
Anthony Davis

Fudge
09-18-2014, 01:13 PM
Dude is actually a really good passer and after he secures the board. he could advance the ball to Magic and the other 3 'finishers' would light it up up up, they're on fire. .
Remember that behind the back pass he did to Kobe a few years ago? :bowdown:

My f*cking niga right there.

Jlamb47
09-18-2014, 01:13 PM
Iverson/Magic
Wade/Westbrook
Jordan/Drexler
Lebron/Wilkins
Griffin/Robinson

CeltsGarlic
09-18-2014, 01:25 PM
Westbrook
Wade or peak MJ
Lebron
Barkley
Blake

:DDDDDDDDD good luck with deandre making outlet passes lol this guy

CeltsGarlic
09-18-2014, 01:26 PM
If you dont have Sabas at C I dont know what to say to you, and Im not even that huge fan of his.

CeltsGarlic
09-18-2014, 01:28 PM
One of the best options for PG is Jason Kidd.

Shade8780
09-18-2014, 01:30 PM
Nash
Wade
LeBron
Blake
Dwight

inclinerator
09-18-2014, 02:27 PM
curry(transition 3s and passing
magic(passing finishing
jordan(finishing
lebron(passing finishing
someone who throws outlets

SHAQisGOAT
09-18-2014, 02:28 PM
Magic
Jordan
LeBron
Barkley
Russell

:eek:

(how the **** you ain't gonna have Magic? :facepalm)

HM:

-Nash (ball-handling, playmaking, shooting, great at running the offense, IQ)
-Cousy (creativeness, passing skills, great at running it)
-Maravich (flashiness, speed, good instincts, handles, pullup j, passing, finishing)
-Wade (speed, quickness, handles, finishing skills)
-Erving (great finisher, big hands, athletic freak)
-Worthy (speed, length, terrific catch n finish)
-Pippen (length, athleticism, defensive instincts)
-Bird (GOAT outlet passer imo, terrific IQ, solid handles, elite shooting, good finisher, coordinated)
-Malone (strength, finishing ability, power, great speed for his size)
-Kemp (athletic freak, great finisher, all and strong)
-Shaq (size, explosiveness, speed, finishing power)
-Wilt (height, length, coordination, jumping, quickness, power)
-Unseld (outlet passing, enough said)
so on

KobesFinger
09-18-2014, 02:33 PM
Magic
Celtics Ray
LeBron
Amar'e
D-Rob

How does that sound?

RRR3
09-18-2014, 02:46 PM
No mentions of Durant?

magnax1
09-18-2014, 02:53 PM
Nash
Iverson
Jordan
Bran circa 09
Wilt or Russell

Thorpesaurous
09-18-2014, 03:46 PM
Russell at Center sparking on defense.

Larry Nance changing ends at PF faster than anyone else.

Lebron because he's the best I've ever seen at both running at and filling it.

Magic at the Point looking over everyone.

TMac at SG because he's the most athletic guy I can think of that I'd really want yelling "trailer" from behind the play.

Lebronxrings
09-18-2014, 03:48 PM
No mentions of Durant?
its fast break teams not free throws.

Lebronxrings
09-18-2014, 03:49 PM
Westbrook
AI
Lebron
Griffin
gasol

JellyBean
09-18-2014, 03:49 PM
My Fastbreak Team:

PG; Magic Johnson
SG: Kobe
SF: Michel Cooper
PF: James Worthy
C: Ralph Sampson

MP.Trey
09-18-2014, 04:03 PM
Maybe not the best pure fast break team posted but that was the main direction I went in the all-time peak draft #2, and I think it turned out pretty damn good myself.

PG - 87 Magic
SG - 84 Moncrief
SF - 88 Dominique
PF - 96 Kemp
C - 62 Russell

With Manu and a number of shooters off the bench.

MP.Trey
09-18-2014, 04:05 PM
Magic
Celtics Ray
LeBron
Amar'e
D-Rob

How does that sound?
Bucks Ray > Celtics Ray in the fast break imo. More athletic and enjoyed taking it to the basket more and of course still had the pull-up/spot up three at elite level. Other than that, very good. :applause:

brantonli
09-18-2014, 04:10 PM
only using players I watched:

Nash
Jordan
LeBron
Stoudemire
Love

I'm assuming no defence needs to be played by the PF/C, and Love is there as the trailer for the open three once the fast break gets stopped. Nash to Amare for obvious reasons, and LeBron can do some facilitating if he feels like it.

And Jordan is there because....Michael.

RedBlackAttack
09-18-2014, 04:17 PM
Kyrie Irving
LeBron James
Kevin Love
Dion...

...oh wait. :biggums:

scm5
09-18-2014, 04:43 PM
Magic
Jordan
Pippen
Lebron
Robinson

SteveNashMVPcro
09-18-2014, 05:05 PM
Nash
Wade
Jordan
Lebron
Amare

G0ATbe
09-18-2014, 05:18 PM
Kobe
Kobe
Kobe
Kobe
Kobe
http://i.imgur.com/3pD09nq.gif

scm5
09-18-2014, 07:34 PM
If you dont have Sabas at C I dont know what to say to you, and Im not even that huge fan of his.

I have David Robinson for my C and of the Centers I've seen actually play the game (no Wilt myths) I think he's the best option.

He can make it down the court faster than any legit 7 footer I've seen. He gets a ton of rebounds, creates a lot of turnovers, blocks so many shots, and he can pass to boot.

Round Mound
09-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Importance in Ballhandling, Finding The Open Man and Finishing

C: Shaq
PF: Karl Malone
SF: Charles Barkley
SG: Michael Jordan
PF: Magic Johnson

JohnFreeman
09-18-2014, 09:51 PM

Barkley is underrated on the break. He could move for a big man

Milbuck
09-18-2014, 10:03 PM

Lebron > both Malone and Barkley in transition, as an orchestrator and as a finisher. Why wouldn't you just have Chuck at the 4 and Bron at the 3? Malone is great for his position but not beyond Lebron..

The Choken One
09-18-2014, 10:15 PM
Prime Kobe and any other 4 players.

kshutts1
09-18-2014, 10:40 PM
Not Reggie Miller.

Pretty surprised at how long it took for Karl and Pippen to be mentioned.

I'll take a stab...

Nash/Magic -- Nash is the only player I can think of that has ever run an offense that was designed to be a fast break even when the D was set. Magic is.. Magic.

Jordan/Wade -- Jordan was a freak. Wade, particularly in the first year with Lebron, threw some nasty passes and had the athleticism to finish strong. Also super fast.

Lebron/Pippen -- Both super athletic, can handle and pass and finish.

Karl/Blake/Kemp/Barkley -- Really, really fast players. Solid handles, great finishers.

Russell/Wilt/Walton/Sabonis -- Can start a fast break just by grabbing a rebound or block and throwing a nasty outlet pass. I feel like I'm forgetting someone here... was it Moses or Walton that was considered GOAT outlet passer?

Anyway, what I looked for was players that made solid decisions and could handle the ball, pass, and run. Everyone can rebound. Everyone but the C can bring the ball up. Everyone can pass. Everyone can run.

Round Mound
09-18-2014, 11:12 PM
Lebron > both Malone and Barkley in transition, as an orchestrator and as a finisher. Why wouldn't you just have Chuck at the 4 and Bron at the 3? Malone is great for his position but not beyond Lebron..

As an Orchestor for a Pass Off a Break, Yes, but Not as Finishers :no: . And I Already have Magic as the Orchestor at the PG for the rest of the team: who is 2nd all time only to Stockton as an Orchestor but on a fast break: Best of All time over Stockton.

Barkley has a Higher Finishing Rate than Lebron At the Rim and Also had Superior Lateral Quickness to Go Around Guys in Smaller Spaces.

Also Malone > Lebron as a Catch and Finish Player. K. Malone is the Best Catch and Finisher Player Ever (2nd, James Worthy)

Malone and Barkley where Stronger and pretty close to as Fast as Lebron

I have Magic at PG so I Don`t Need a Point-Forward. :confusedshrug:

BankShot
09-18-2014, 11:49 PM
Why so many Iverson responses?? Is he really who you want with the ball in his hands with elite finishers and three point shooters running the floor?

steelpulse
09-19-2014, 01:08 AM
Pg Magic
Sg Westbrook
Sf Sprewell / Pippen
Pf Lebron
C Kemp

Combination Of Athletic Freaks And Excellent Passers

That_Admiral
09-19-2014, 02:27 AM
Magic
Jordan
Lebron
Malone
D Rob

Lebron23
09-19-2014, 11:18 AM
Kobe
Kobe
Kobe
Kobe
Kobe
http://i.imgur.com/3pD09nq.gif

I miss the old lakers jersey, and the great western forum.

Haymaker
09-19-2014, 11:36 AM
Kidd or Magic
MJ
Lebron
Shawn Kemp
David Robinson

sundizz
09-19-2014, 11:50 AM
Nash
Curry
Jordan
Barkley
Robinson

Literally unstoppable. The two best shooters ever. Jordan or Bark finishing. Defense bounds and outlets with the admiral. Could even play matchup zone on defense with jordan and robinson being the menaces they are.

Bench: Jkidd, Ray, Marion, Worthy, Walton

FatComputerNerd
09-19-2014, 11:51 AM
Why so many Iverson responses?? Is he really who you want with the ball in his hands with elite finishers and three point shooters running the floor?

One of the best fast-break players/finishers ever, and fast as fvck.

Also not too shabby of a passer when he wanted to be.

FatComputerNerd
09-19-2014, 11:54 AM
Nash
Curry
Jordan
Barkley
Robinson

Literally unstoppable. The two best shooters ever. Jordan or Bark finishing. Defense bounds and outlets with the admiral. Could even play matchup zone on defense with jordan and robinson being the menaces they are.

Would be pretty weak on D with Nash and Curry. Jordan would also be a bit undersized to play at the SF spot. Maybe his great defensive ability and huge hands would make up for that, not sure.

scm5
09-19-2014, 02:00 PM
Pg Magic
Sg Westbrook
Sf Sprewell / Pippen
Pf Lebron
C Kemp

Combination Of Athletic Freaks And Excellent Passers

You need players that force turnovers as well. Although Westbrook does force turnovers, he's nothing compared to Jordan. Jordan and Pippen were possibly the greatest duo at forcing turnovers and getting easy fast breaks.

As far as Kemp, he's a solid choice but he's not as good at passing and forcing turnovers as say:

DRob
Hakeem
KG

No doubt he'd finish stronger, but it's not like these players aren't strong finishers. They're better at other aspects of the game.

Magic
Jordan
Pippen
Lebron
Robinson

There is so much length on that team, everyone is a strong finisher and amongst the best playmakers at their position. Everyone is a great defender except possibly Magic, but his length makes up for that and he plays the passing lanes very well.

TheMan
09-19-2014, 04:09 PM
PG Magic Johnson, he did lead the GOAT fastbreak team ever.
SG MJ, no brainer.
SF Scottie Pippen, MJ and Pip are the GOAT fastbreak duo
PF LeBron, greatest fastbreak player since MJ
C David Robinson, he doesn't get nearly enough love for the absolute athletic beast he was, can run with almost anybody as a 7 footer.

Dat D doe :bowdown: :eek: :bowdown:

TheMan
09-19-2014, 04:12 PM
Magic
Jordan
Pippen
Lebron
Robinson
Just read this thread after I posted my ideal team...this man gets it:applause:

Random_Guy
09-19-2014, 04:17 PM
hmm interesting that every single poster has had lebron up until now, could it be argued that he is the best fast break runner ever? his overall ability to run the fast break (athleticism, passing, attacking the basket) is extremely tough to beat

TheMan
09-19-2014, 04:50 PM
hmm interesting that every single poster has had lebron up until now, could it be argued that he is the best fast break runner ever? his overall ability to run the fast break (athleticism, passing, attacking the basket) is extremely tough to beat
He's the best current player :confusedshrug:

Personally, I think anyone who picks another SG other than Jordan is nuts.

Random_Guy
09-19-2014, 05:08 PM
He's the best current player :confusedshrug:

Personally, I think anyone who picks another SG other than Jordan is nuts.
in terms of fast break alone i think lebron>jordan

TheMan
09-19-2014, 06:18 PM
in terms of fast break alone i think lebron>jordan
It depends what you like more, both are absolute killers on the FB, LeBron attacks the rim and is more physical doing it, Jordan was more smooth and weaved his way to the rim rather than bulldoze his way to it. I still like MJ's style better because he had more body control in mid air and made impossible shots that LeBron can't, well he can but not on MJ's level (89-93 more bulkier Jordan version).

Random_Guy
09-19-2014, 06:26 PM
It depends what you like more, both are absolute killers on the FB, LeBron attacks the rim and is more physical doing it, Jordan was more smooth and weaved his way to the rim rather than bulldoze his way to it. I still like MJ's style better because he had more body control in mid air and made impossible shots that LeBron can't, well he can but not on MJ's level (89-93 more bulkier Jordan version).
i guess, another example would be manu who is also insane on the fb with his unstoppable euro step. dunno how to look at advanced stats but i would guess that lebron is the most efficeint playey on the fastbreak ever? he gets a tons of and1s too simply because of how fast and strong he is.

Papaya Petee
09-20-2014, 12:44 AM
04-05 Nash
08-09Wade
08-09 Lebron
13-14 Durant
Young Shaq

This was easy. Nash is one of the greatest passers and shooters ever. Lebron and Wade proved they can murder the fast break and throw some crazy passes to each other. Imagine them at their athletic peaks together. Durant is fast has freakish wingspan is one of the best fast break players in the league right now and his shooting is incredible. Can stretch the floor out. Young Shaq was fast running down the floor was a good outlet passer and nobody is stopping him around the basket.

LAZERUSS
09-20-2014, 12:52 AM
The '67 Sixers, or the '72 Lakers, or the 80's Lakers.

bdreason
09-20-2014, 12:58 AM
Kidd
MJ
LeBron
Barkley
Admiral

SamuraiSWISH
09-20-2014, 01:39 AM
All you need is Kidd or Magic @ PG, and fill the rest of the roster with dudes who can run the floor, and jump. It's not that hard. But those two were the most exceptional fast break leading PGs I've ever seen.

I<3NBA
09-20-2014, 03:05 AM
Magic
Jordan
Lebron
Barkley
Kevin Love

Angel Face
09-20-2014, 03:09 AM
Magic
Jordan
Pippen
Barkley
Admiral

Asukal
09-20-2014, 03:11 AM
Magic
Bird
Pippen
Jordan
Hakeem

All terrific passers and ball thieves. :pimp:

Cold soul
09-20-2014, 04:12 AM
Magic Johnson
Micheal Jordan
LeBron James
Charles Barkley
Wilt Chamberlain

AirFederer
09-20-2014, 01:27 PM
Who's stopping this team (on the break)??

DRob
KLove
LeBron
MJ
Steph Curry

I'd pay to watch :cheers: