PDA

View Full Version : SI goes IN on Melo, explaining why he didn't make top 10 for upcoming season

oarabbus
09-19-2014, 02:31 PM
[quote]Last season marked another strong but ultimately futile campaign for Anthony, who would have been frighteningly easy to forget about if not for his outrageous 62-point effort against Charlotte and his string of 40-point games in February. Those peaks inspired a sense of pity for all of the involved parties; here was the league

Myth
09-19-2014, 02:39 PM
There are always shocks, but the biggest one for me was Ibaka above Irving and Lillard.

ZeN
09-19-2014, 02:56 PM
Reads more like an article of why his team is not top 10 as opposite to him being evaluated as a player.

no pun intended
09-19-2014, 03:07 PM
Reads more like an article of why his team is not top 10 as opposite to him being evaluated as a player.
This.

bizil
09-19-2014, 03:13 PM

Exactly! It's a team game and Melo did all he could. I think critics of Melo need to realize that great passing-point forward skills at the SF is A BONUS and NOT a premium. Guys like Bird, Bron, Pippen, Rick Barry, G Hill, and Hondo All are guys who are very good to great scorers who have the mentality and passing ability of the best PG's on Earth. Mullin and Pierce though not quite as good passing or not as pure of point forwards have those kind of attributes too. But most of the other premier SF's were alpha dog scorers-very good scorers and very good to great rebounders for SF's in one:

Baylor
Dr. J
Hawkins
Nique
Melo
Durant
English
Dantley
Mark Aguirre
Marion
Worthy
King

U even have one dimensional sharp shooting types like Rice and Peja who were great scorers and All-Stars too. Melo in my book is a great HOF kind of player. And he actually fits into the normal cloth of a great SF. People ALWAYS gloss over the fact that Melo got Denver to the Western Finals. Or they forget the great season he had a couple of years ago with The Knicks. And Melo is EASILY a top 10 player in the world and frankly has a great case to be in the top five! Something is telling me unless Melo wins a ring, he's gonna get shitted on like Nique used to as his career progresses. It's a shame because those two guys did a lot for the L in terms of promoting the game, being the star in big markets on the superstations, and putting asses in seats around the circuit.

Mr Exlax
09-19-2014, 03:14 PM
I'm ok with Melo not being in the top 10 same with James Harden. Neither are 2 way players and their teams need them to be.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-19-2014, 03:25 PM
Hey look, another idiot faulting ONE guy for a TEAMS ineptitude (not that Melo isn't bad on defense, still though). When will these yahoos (?) just accept that no ONE individual has ever won by themselves. Good coaching, role players and 2nd/3rd options -- you need one of the 3 to be respectable. AT LEAST.

FireDavidKahn
09-19-2014, 03:43 PM
People here are making so many excuses for Melo and yet slam Kevin love:roll:

Dengness9
09-19-2014, 04:33 PM
If I did feel bad for Melo after last season, I definitely don't now.

Dude will have no one to blame but himself if the Knicks don't compete for a championship the next few years because he CHOSE to be there.

I dont hate Melo, never will, but this summer made me dislike. Not because he didn't pick the Bulls, but because of what he said and then his actions being nowhere close to that.

I hope he and the Knicks miss the playoffs next year, Id like to see that.

Random_Guy
09-19-2014, 04:35 PM
People here are making so many excuses for Melo and yet slam Kevin love:roll:
not a fan of either but love is no way near the scorer melo is. and as pathetic as melo is for not winning, he is like bill russell compared to love in that criteria

All Net
09-19-2014, 04:48 PM
There are always shocks, but the biggest one for me was Ibaka above Irving and Lillard.
Reminds me not to go there.

Milbuck
09-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Retarded list from top to bottom. The average non-trolling ISH poster could make a better list than the garbage list they made.

Love Duncan...but there is absolutely no credible argument, none whatsoever for him being a top 5 player in the world right now. I don't give a shit about leadership, intangibles, etc. His capabilities on the basketball court at the moment don't sniff top 5 status.

k0kakw0rld
09-19-2014, 05:07 PM
not a fan of either but love is no way near the scorer melo is. and as pathetic as melo is for not winning, he is like bill russell compared to love in that criteria

from 11 ppg to avg 26 ppg

Hoopz2332
09-19-2014, 07:51 PM
KNicks stay taking l's:lol

bagelred
09-19-2014, 08:04 PM
Wow. I'm shocked they put Melo at 11. They usually drop him down further. And that wasn't too critical of him...more Knicks team last season which was a disaster (thanks, Woodson)....

Melo did Knicks a FAVOR signing a 5 year max contract. The salary cap is about to jump big time, but Melo is locked in at that max number. Wait until Lebron signs his new Cavs contract. :oldlol: Gonna be huge.

JellyBean
09-19-2014, 09:57 PM

I agree.

smoovegittar
09-19-2014, 10:59 PM
Like he really cares. He's laughing all the way to the bank. Dude will have a break out season this year - so glad he stayed with the Knicks and didn't sign with a crappy franchise like Chicago or Houston... or even worse, Miami.

Boing! :D

JohnFreeman
09-19-2014, 11:48 PM
No one is going anywhere with that Knicks team

bdreason
09-20-2014, 12:18 AM
Melo was a beast last year. He's never going to be able to dominate a game like LeBron does, but his scoring and rebounding is elite.

Melo is definitely a top 10 player.

BigBoss
09-20-2014, 12:19 AM
Damn. Straight roasted the dude.

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/top-100-nba-players-2015-list

http://i.imgur.com/qo4VAj4.gif

Akrazotile
09-20-2014, 12:47 AM
Exactly! It's a team game .

People ALWAYS gloss over the fact that Melo got Denver to the Western Finals.

:rolleyes:

Nuff Said
09-20-2014, 12:58 AM

:rolleyes:
Got em!

stephanieg
09-20-2014, 07:57 AM
Following the perception of Melo over the years has been interesting. I thought he was pretty overrated many years ago in Denver. Especially when he was teamed up with another overrated scorer in AI and everyone was waiting for them to roll off titles because dat ppg superstar tandem. Doesn't seem like he's made any major leap since then. Dissing Melo has become more popular since he became a Knick, but a lot people still think he's a game changer for some reason.

The only perception bump I can get is that he feasted in international games awhile back, but that's much to brag about is it? Or hanging 60+ on shit teams.