PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota makes max-offer to Bledsoe? Begging Phoenix for S&T?

mistergreens
09-19-2014, 04:30 PM
What could Phoenix get from Minnesota? Just say news on my twitter feed.

Levity
09-19-2014, 04:37 PM
i believe this is just a rumor at this point, but its pretty shocking. Rubio's due for an extension in the coming weeks or else he'd hit RFA at season end. Everyone has been assuming he'd be offered the max. not solely based on his play, but also his marketability. Not sure how giving bledsoe the max affects their cap, and even more importantly, rubios status with the team.

It's an interesting idea, and im really curious to see the big picture/ the plan for rubio.

Haymaker
09-19-2014, 04:48 PM
Phoenix could be asking for Lavine. I doubt they ask for Rubio because of Dragic. A third team involved is possible.

JimmyMcAdocious
09-19-2014, 04:51 PM
Maybe Pek off the books? The emergence of Dieng should be giving them flexibility down there.

Haymaker
09-19-2014, 04:58 PM
Brian Windhorst ✔ @WindhorstESPN
Follow
Suns own Wolves 2015 first round pick but it's top 12 protected. Removing or reducing protection could be part of Bledsoe talks.

brantonli
09-19-2014, 05:13 PM
Insider on Clutchfans says that Wolves are trying to push Budinger, Martin and Barea onto the Suns in the S&T.

BlackWhiteGreen
09-19-2014, 05:15 PM
Insider on Clutchfans says that Wolves are trying to push Budinger, Martin and Barea onto the Suns in the S&T.

As PHX you can't take that deal.

Celts should get involved and dump Wallace

brantonli
09-19-2014, 05:17 PM
Any Phoenix fans to chime in here? Barea seems redundant with Dragic and Thomas there already, Martin might be interesting though?

el gringos
09-19-2014, 05:21 PM
Why would Minnesota want a s&t? Phoenix should be the team begging.

Minnesota signs Bledsoe to a max offer they'll get him right? Phoenix not going to put 50 mill a year into their 3 pg rotation are they?

ralph_i_el
09-19-2014, 05:24 PM
Ho-ly shit. That team could be so athletic

BigTicket
09-19-2014, 05:25 PM
Why would Minnesota want a s&t? Phoenix should be the team begging.

Minnesota signs Bledsoe to a max offer they'll get him right? Phoenix not going to put 50 mill a year into their 3 pg rotation are they?

Minnesota doesn't have the cap space to do that. If they want Bledsoe, it has to be through a sign and trade.

That said, I don't really see what Minnesota has to offer for Bledsoe. Outside of their rookies, they don't have much that would appeal to Phoenix.

UK2K
09-19-2014, 05:29 PM
Minnesota doesn't have the cap space to do that. If they want Bledsoe, it has to be through a sign and trade.

That said, I don't really see what Minnesota has to offer for Bledsoe. Outside of their rookies, they don't have much that would appeal to Phoenix.
Reduced pick protection. Maybe down to say top 3.

ballup
09-19-2014, 05:40 PM
Suns shouldn't accept a trade just to trade. They didn't really lose much to gain Bledsoe in the first place.

QuebecBaller
09-19-2014, 05:42 PM
Phoenix should let Bledsoe go and sign Zoran

BigTicket
09-19-2014, 05:43 PM
Reduced pick protection. Maybe down to say top 3.

Ok, that would make sense I guess. High lottery pick + trade exception + Martin/Expirer is not bad for an player who the Suns don't need anyway.

TheReal Kendall
09-19-2014, 05:44 PM
Can we get Wiggins, Dieng, or GR3 for Bledsoe?

Is this possible???

Wow! They offered this nikka 63 mil :eek:

FireMcFailPlease
09-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Can we get Wiggins, Dieng, or GR3 for Bledsoe?

Is this possible???
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Yea, I'll drive Wiggins to the airport for free.

:roll: :roll:

Jon Krawczynski ‏@APkrawczynski 20m
The Timberwolves are focused on getting a deal done with Rubio right now and not on Bledsoe according to my sources

IMO this is a "move" to force rickys hand to take the deal with the wolves or risk getting less on the open market.

brantonli
09-19-2014, 05:51 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Yea, I'll drive Wiggins to the airport for free.

:roll: :roll:

Jon Krawczynski ‏@APkrawczynski 20m
The Timberwolves are focused on getting a deal done with Rubio right now and not on Bledsoe according to my sources

IMO this is a "move" to force rickys hand to take the deal with the wolves or risk getting less on the open market.

Any chance you can sell your account name for Rocket fans? Thanks.

FireMcFailPlease
09-19-2014, 05:53 PM
Any chance you can sell your account name for Rocket fans? Thanks.
we'll see how Flip does here first.

anyways Woj bomb

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--suns-have-no-interest-in-eric-bledsoe-sign-and-trade-with-minnesota-214336996.html

Move on with your lives

Real Men Wear Green
09-19-2014, 05:54 PM
Teams think Bledsoe is worth the max?

Hey Yo
09-19-2014, 05:59 PM

anyways Woj bomb

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--suns-have-no-interest-in-eric-bledsoe-sign-and-trade-with-minnesota-214336996.html

Move on with your lives

"The Phoenix Suns have no interest in sign-and-trade discussions with the Minnesota Timberwolves involving restricted free-agent guard Eric Bledsoe, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The Suns would want an All-Star

Qwyjibo
09-19-2014, 06:07 PM
If true, this, IMO, is a worthwhile risk for the Wolves. They aren't going to be signing any significant unrestricted free agents. Rolling the dice on a talented high-ceiling 25 year old with question marks is far from the worst thing they can do with their money.

Crown&Coke
09-19-2014, 06:11 PM
Teams think Bledsoe is worth the max?

I think it less to do with him actually being worth the max, and more to do with his agent practically sticking to the "max or QO" stance

All it takes is one GM to "break bread"

It is going to be interesting to see if he becomes unrestricted next year which teams actually pursue him and at what numbers they will throw at him. Same thing with Monroe

boozehound
09-19-2014, 06:25 PM
headline is pretty misleading. Wolves cant make a max offer, they are wholly dependent on the suns agreeing to a SnT.

blackification
09-19-2014, 08:34 PM
Wolves won't give up anything the suns want. Wolves just trying to rubio to lower his demands and desperate rich paul is trying to get the suns to go up.

Why would the suns refuse to give bledsoe a max because that would turn him into a bad contract then do Minnesota a favor and take on three bad contracts just so they can max bledsoe?

To4
09-19-2014, 08:48 PM
Fuq.. Bledsoe fuqing overrated to have the max contract.

Mr Exlax
09-19-2014, 08:48 PM

anyways Woj bomb

Move on with your lives

You really should do the right thing and let me take over that screen name bro. I've only been needing it for 2 years now. Let any of my Rockets brethren get please.

bdreason
09-19-2014, 10:07 PM
Max deal for Bledsoe?!? Guy isn't even a top 15 PG in the league.

Stay winning Minnesota.

Legends66NBA7
09-19-2014, 10:10 PM
Max deal for Bledsoe?!? Guy isn't even a top 15 PG in the league.

He was playing SG in Phoenix, no ? If he's healthy, why wouldn't he be better than Rubio ? More potential, but then again has the risk of injuring his knee again.

JellyBean
09-19-2014, 10:24 PM
Minnesota would do something like this.

JohnFreeman
09-19-2014, 10:45 PM
Pete, throw the kitchen sink at Phoenix!

Demitri98
09-19-2014, 11:14 PM
Rubio's out of the question unless a third team hops in to somehow get him.

Phoenix already has Dragic, Isaiah Thomas and Tyler Ennis at PG.

La Frescobaldi
09-19-2014, 11:52 PM
Maybe Pek off the books? The emergence of Dieng should be giving them flexibility down there.
Scoring threats from every position, and elite rebounding with Pekovic at the 5. It's a very long fall to Dieng in every area except rim protection.

oarabbus
09-20-2014, 02:17 AM
Scoring threats from every position, and elite rebounding with Pekovic at the 5. It's a very long fall to Dieng in every area except rim protection.

A long fall? He's still just a bunch of potential right now but maybe not. In all 17 games he played over 25 minutes in, these were his stats:

12/11/1.5 blk on 59%

That's definitely a loss in scoring, but the guy looks like a monster rebounder himself and is efficient while playing good defense. Honestly I think they might have trouble on their hands with that once Dieng develops more.

hawksdogsbraves
09-20-2014, 02:25 AM
[QUOTE=Hey Yo]"The Phoenix Suns have no interest in sign-and-trade discussions with the Minnesota Timberwolves involving restricted free-agent guard Eric Bledsoe, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

[B]The Suns would want an All-Star

Shade8780
09-20-2014, 04:41 AM
Bledsoe
LaVine
Wiggins
Young / Bennett
Pekovic

Lob City :bowdown:

LoneyROY7
09-20-2014, 06:08 AM
Milwaukee should put up a legitimate offer for Bledsoe.

TimmyDuncan
09-20-2014, 06:25 AM
"The Phoenix Suns have no interest in sign-and-trade discussions with the Minnesota Timberwolves involving restricted free-agent guard Eric Bledsoe, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The Suns would want an All-Star – or potential All-Star – in return for Bledsoe and had only considered Kevin Love in a possible sign-and-trade scenario with the Timberwolves, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Things are getting crazy with all stars with only 1 year left and not accepting an extension.
It started with the Knicks sending half their team to the nuggets for Melo and now every team are wanting really great assets
What the wolves got for Love is basicaly what they would get if Love had still 2 or 3 years left on the contract

And now the suns wants potential all-star for an injury prone, 1 half year only breakout stats, never been all-star, restricted FA???

The worst is that they will probably get good assets.

I'm glad to be a spurs fan and not having to see that kind of deal

kurple
09-20-2014, 06:32 AM
Bledsoe
LaVine
Wiggins
Young / Bennett
Pekovic

Lob City :bowdown:
are people forgetting that LaVine is at least a year from being somewhet ready for playing legit NBA minutes?

dude wasnt even ready for college

But i love a Rubio, Bledsoe, Wiggins lineup

andremiller07
09-20-2014, 06:32 AM
Would the Suns want Rudy Gay's expiring deal by any chance?

Walker
09-20-2014, 07:53 AM
Things are getting crazy with all stars with only 1 year left and not accepting an extension.
It started with the Knicks sending half their team to the nuggets for Melo and now every team are wanting really great assets
What the wolves got for Love is basicaly what they would get if Love had still 2 or 3 years left on the contract

And now the suns wants potential all-star for an injury prone, 1 half year only breakout stats, never been all-star, restricted FA???

The worst is that they will probably get good assets.

I'm glad to be a spurs fan and not having to see that kind of deal
Phoenix's demands are so high because they're in a win/win situation with no actual need whatsoever to deal him.
Trade him for great assets or let him sign the QO and play(no way he'll call in games given the contract year) it really doesn't matter.

JohnFreeman
09-20-2014, 07:55 AM
Please.....please......please

livingby3's
09-20-2014, 07:59 AM

I would bite. He's the type of player who will flourish with the Suns.

Optimus Prime
09-20-2014, 11:58 AM
The Wolves should do this because Bledsoe is a young, athletic player with potential. Plus it's Minnesota, and basically no high profile free agents will go there on their own.

The Suns should do this if they can get good assets in return. If the Wolves would lower the 1st round pick protection to say, Top 3 protected, I think the Suns should do this. Why let Bledsoe walk for nothing next summer when you could get a good first round pick out of the deal? The Wolves won't be very good next year, even if they get Bledsoe. It's also very clear that Bledsoe doesn't want to be in Phoenix any more, so why not get something in return for removing a season-long distraction from your team?

Seems like a win-win situation to me. :kobe:

PS: Barea is an expiring contract. Martin can still score, though he is overpaid. Budinger...well...

blackification
09-20-2014, 03:23 PM
The Wolves should do this because Bledsoe is a young, athletic player with potential. Plus it's Minnesota, and basically no high profile free agents will go there on their own.

The Suns should do this if they can get good assets in return. If the Wolves would lower the 1st round pick protection to say, Top 3 protected, I think the Suns should do this. Why let Bledsoe walk for nothing next summer when you could get a good first round pick out of the deal? The Wolves won't be very good next year, even if they get Bledsoe. It's also very clear that Bledsoe doesn't want to be in Phoenix any more, so why not get something in return for removing a season-long distraction from your team?

Seems like a win-win situation to me. :kobe:

PS: Barea is an expiring contract. Martin can still score, though he is overpaid. Budinger...well...
Unfortunately for Minnesota the last thing the Suns need is more draft picks at this point. They already have the lakers pick next year as well as their own. Then they have Bogdanovic stashed away ready to come on the team.

On top of that they have Len, Goodwin, Warren, and Ennis that they are trying to develop and can't find time for.