PDA

View Full Version : All-Time Peak Draft 2 Team thread

Gotterdammerung
09-19-2014, 08:28 PM
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/818x798q90/912/RgPR6V.png

I realize there are four incomplete teams, but what the hell. There's 8 finished ones.

Either we force the incomplete teams into a playoff, or ignore them and play the remaining.

hangintheair
09-20-2014, 12:19 AM
Thank you for your time for compiling this.

So what we do after? Do we rate all the team there?

Gotterdammerung
09-20-2014, 01:36 AM
Sure, go ahead. I think in the other thread, the participants rated each team excluding his own.

I'll rank them if anyone shows interest. :pimp:

KobesFinger
09-20-2014, 06:43 AM
Ignore the 4 unfinished ones. I directed longhornfan to the draft thread, he acknowledged me but didn't finish his team.

IMO the top 7 are

Hangingintheair
MPTrey
Iamgine
Gotterdammerung
John Freeman
Cold soul
Jlamb47

longhornfan1234
09-20-2014, 02:13 PM
Ignore the 4 unfinished ones. I directed longhornfan to the draft thread, he acknowledged me but didn't finish his team.

IMO the top 7 are

Hangingintheair
MPTrey
Iamgine
Gotterdammerung
John Freeman
Cold soul
Jlamb47

My bad.... I have been very busy the last two weeks. Is it too late? I think I only need one player for my bench.

hangintheair
09-21-2014, 03:38 PM
My bad.... I have been very busy the last two weeks. Is it too late? I think I only need one player for my bench.

yes please picked one more for your team so I can include you in my rating.

Gotterdammerung
09-21-2014, 08:59 PM
I posted my analysis for each completed team here:
http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10552695#post10552695

Here's the rank, excluding my team:

1. MrTrey: Cutthroat winners Magic and Bill Russell round out a great team.
2. KobesFinger. Wilt and Dirk complement one another perfectly.
3. Hangintheair. If he starts Billups and Davis instead, then they run the triangle perfectly, and would be in first place.
4. Cold Soul. High scoring, but a little weak defensively.
5. Iamgine. Strong up front, but no dynamic perimeter scorer.
6. JLamb47. Nice perimeter guys, but weak inside.
7. John Freeman. Easily the weakest of the lot.
:coleman:

hangintheair
09-21-2014, 10:29 PM
My ranking of the teams excluding mine.

1.) Kobesfinger - Paul, Dirk, Wilt surrounded by perfect role player will too be much for any team.
2.) MPtrey - Magic as the anchor of the offense and Bill for the defense.
3.) Gotterdamerung - Good shooters surrounded by Shaq.
4.) Iamgine - Best defensive team IMO. Only concern is Malone w/c is not fit for the team
5.) Jlamb47 - too much offense and not so good defense. Best fit for international games (FIBA rules)
6.) ColdSoul - too much talent on one team but didn't fit the role given.
7.) JohnFreeman - Needed at least 3 basketball to run the team.

KobesFinger
09-22-2014, 03:48 AM
Is it top team gets 7 points, 2nd team gets 6 etc?

kshutts1
09-22-2014, 08:17 AM
Good/Great teams:
Iamgine - talented, with a nice mix of scoring and D. But other than your two PGs, where's the 3p shot?

JohnFreeman - Great fast break team. Really hurting yourself in the half court, though, with no spacing.

KobesFinger - Could have gone a different route with the coach. But Wilt, Dirk, Paul are nasty. Team well built, with role players and stars, etc.

HangInTheAir - Nice shooting. Really relying on your wings, but with those wings.. why not?

ColdSoul - I should have grouped you up top, because you also don't have spacing. Could run with Freeman's team, though.

Gotterdammerung - As expected, one of the better-built teams. Spacing, post dominance, D. Tiny and King off the bench, together, would get interesting.

MRTrey - Remember looking at your team, seeking out spacing... then I saw your bench. I'd start Peja, but either way, can't go wrong with Magic and Russell. Odd that you chose Wilkins as your defacto go-to scorer. That's the biggest blemish I can see, though he was a fabulous scorer.

JCSRPlumpy - Wish you had finished. Really like what I see so far. If I had to guess, you would have finished off with a defensive big. High IQ team and coach, with well defined roles. Nice.

Not good teams:
JLamb - I have no problem with someone making a current team. I just can't buy Pau, for some reason. Durant and Lebron are obviously carrying the team, but then Deron is an odd fit, and your 3rd and 4th best players (arguably) are backing up your top two. Weird dynamics.

Big50 - Had something great going, IMO. Just never finished it. His players would get TIRED.

Longhornfan - Again, an unfinished team. I'm assuming he'd go with a pivot. But the duplication in the starting 5 is disconcerting. Big Ben and DRob? They're not clones like Hill and Oscar, but similar enough on both sides of the ball (aside from scoring ability, obviously) that I'm not sure how they'd work.

GODBe - Other than Jennings and Young, it's not bad at all.

KobesFinger
09-24-2014, 12:47 PM
Final bump. People who weren't involved should give input too as everyone who was lost interest

Dragic4Life
09-24-2014, 12:50 PM
Jlam47 and JohnFreeman are gonna wreck shit.