Heavincent
09-20-2014, 02:00 AM
What happens?

qrich
09-20-2014, 02:05 AM
Clippers become slightly worse.

Legends66NBA7
09-20-2014, 02:05 AM
No doubt they would be a playoff team, but still don't get to the Finals.

inclinerator
09-20-2014, 02:25 AM
worse, paul does alot offensively

hawksdogsbraves
09-20-2014, 02:26 AM
Prime Kidd < past his prime CP3

Smook A.
09-20-2014, 02:28 AM
Prime Jason Kidd - 18.7 ppg/8.9 apg/6.3 rpg/2.2 spg on 41/34/84
Last year's Chris Paul - 19.1 ppg/10.7 apg/4.3 rpg/2.5 spg on 47/37/85

Clippers will probably be slightly worse in the regular season. Chris Paul last year was a better player than prime Jason Kidd. As far as playoffs go, I think the Clippers still would've gotten bounced by the Thunder in the 2nd if they had Kidd instead of CP3.

Heavincent
09-20-2014, 02:32 AM
Jason Kidd is the perfect example of a player whose impact goes well beyond stats.

Smook A.
09-20-2014, 02:33 AM
Jason Kidd is the perfect example of a player whose impact goes well beyond stats.
True. He was a tremendous leader and played great defense.

Heavincent
09-20-2014, 02:40 AM
Also, Kidd led his team to back to back Finals appearances with Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson, and Keith Van Horn as the next best players...with Jason Collins playing center.

It was in the East, but still...

Legends66NBA7
09-20-2014, 02:43 AM
Also, Kidd led his team to back to back Finals appearances with Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson, and Keith Van Horn as the next best players...with Jason Collins playing center.

It was in the East, but still...

But it's exactly why you can't make the comparison of teammates, though. The East back then was probably weaker than the East was last year.

SamuraiSWISH
09-20-2014, 02:46 AM
Is OP suggesting Kidd is better?

Jesus, I don't get this vendetta against CP3 from lames on here. He's one of the best PGs ever. Guy constantly performs in the playoffs, and pieces around him consistently let him down. Same thing with prime McGrady.

Anyway, to answer I don't even think peak late 90's - early 2000's MVP candidate Jason Kidd is as good as CP3. Paul is just a superior half court play maker, and specifically scorer.

imdaman99
09-20-2014, 02:47 AM
Kidd was borderline MVP in his prime. I don't think he would allow Tony Parker, Mike Conley Jr, and Russell Westbrook to outplay him when it matters year after year. As already said, he did more for the team than his numbers suggested.

CP3s stats > Kidds stats

But gimme Kidd 9 out of 10 times

Heavincent
09-20-2014, 03:09 AM

Jesus, I don't get this vendetta against CP3 from lames on here. He's one of the best PGs ever. Guy constantly performs in the playoffs, and pieces around him consistently let him down. Same thing with prime McGrady.

Anyway, to answer I don't even think peak late 90's - early 2000's MVP candidate Jason Kidd is as good as CP3. Paul is just a superior half court play maker, and specifically scorer.

I'm comparing him to a first ballot hall of famer and one of the greatest PG's ever. How is that insulting to CP3?

People are so defensive about Chris Paul. They flip out if you don't think he's the clear cut best PG.

Milbuck
09-20-2014, 03:10 AM
They get slightly worse, honestly.

The Clippers need CP3's scoring and shooting..which Kidd certainly couldn't replicate, even at his best. CP3 is just the better player..which makes it all the more disappointing considering he's not even at his peak right now. This Clipper team with 2007-2009 pre-injury CP3 would be one of the filthiest teams ever..

RRR3
09-20-2014, 03:44 AM

:applause: :applause:

SamuraiSWISH
09-20-2014, 03:51 AM
I'm comparing him to a first ballot hall of famer and one of the greatest PG's ever. How is that insulting to CP3?

People are so defensive about Chris Paul. They flip out if you don't think he's the clear cut best PG.
No, idiots on here consistently underrate him. Why? Because Blake Griffin sucks in the playoffs?

Paul now is better than PEAK 1st ballot Jason Kidd. And the best versions of Paul were pre knee injury circa 2008, and 2009. I say he's better, and I have no agenda. I LIKED Jason Kidd. He's one of the five best PGs I've ever seen.

I just heard some numb nuts however say Conley Jr., Tony Parker, and Westbrook out played him? Think about that for a second. Westbrook is the only one you could make the claim out performed CP3. And even then it was competitive.

You don't think CP3 could take those Nets squads in 2002, and 2003 deep into the playoffs in an atrocious Eastern Conference? Only to get slaughtered in the Finals by the Lakers, and Spurs?

Graviton
09-20-2014, 04:08 AM
Didn't you just list Curry above Paul on your Top 10? Hard to take you seriously when it comes to PG knowledge.

I may bash Paul sometimes, but even I respect his talent. 2008 Paul is one of the GOAT PGs, probably only below Magic. Current West is one of the toughest conferences, all 8 teams making the playoffs are legit 50+ win squads that can upset anyone. Holding playoff success against him would work if he underperformed, but he is always their best player. Only thing you can criticize him for in the playoffs is that Game 5 vs OKC.

k0kakw0rld
09-20-2014, 05:14 AM
:applause: :applause:
In order to boost their favourites, people will create exceptions to their own rules. Kidd is the better point guard, player and leader than CP3 ever will be.

Chris Paul is heavily overrated here. He can still pass the ball but damn looks his cast.

Taller than CP3
09-20-2014, 12:15 PM
Prime Jason Kidd - 18.7 ppg/8.9 apg/6.3 rpg/2.2 spg on 41/34/84
Last year's Chris Paul - 19.1 ppg/10.7 apg/4.3 rpg/2.5 spg on 47/37/85

Clippers will probably be slightly worse in the regular season. Chris Paul last year was a better player than prime Jason Kidd.

LOL at this guy. Bro, do you even watch basketball or do you just stare at stat sheets in your mother's basement all day?

Stats don't make the player. Give me J Kidd over CP3 every single time.

tpols
09-20-2014, 12:49 PM
Clippers were the 9th best defense and 1st offense last year.. With kidd I can see those ratings swapping.. making the clippers a Memphis type team but with slightly more offensive talent .

Dj and Blake would get oops all day with kidd.. like Tyson did on the mavs and Kenyon did on the nets