PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Cavaliers interested in Roy Hibbert

JohnMax
09-20-2014, 07:29 AM
According to Ohio.com, the Cavs are now weighing the possibilities of using Brendan Haywood’s $10.5 million contract and those of several other nonguaranteed players in a play for Roy Hibbert, who reports are the Indiana Pacers are leery of paying $15.5 million to next season in the wake of Paul George almost certainly being sidelined for the entire season.

If the Hibbert talks should fizzle out, the Cavs are also reported to hold a genuine interest in the rugged Larry Sanders. Coming off a season where he played in just 23 games for the Bucks due to torn ligament in his thumb, Sanders will be entering the first year of a four-year, $44 million deal. In his last full NBA season, Sanders ranked third in the league in blocks, behind Hibbert and the Thunder’s Serge Ibaka.

http://triangleoffense.com/news/cleveland-cavaliers-interested-in-adding-roy-hibbert-or-larry-sanders-as-rim-protector/

All Net
09-20-2014, 07:41 AM
Depends if the Pacers think he has no future there with PG gone. If they move him will be interesting what direction they go into.

Haymaker
09-20-2014, 07:44 AM
Indy will ask for a pick, and not a second rounder. They've invested too much on Hibbert to let him go for small pieces.

andremiller07
09-20-2014, 07:45 AM
Pacers imo would be better off moving West it's only a matter of time imo where he starts to decline pretty strongly in the next 2 seasons, Roy despite the mental problems could still prove solid in the next 3-5 years.

livingby3's
09-20-2014, 07:45 AM
That's crazy. Potentially 4 East allstar starters.

And adding a rim protector to play next to Love? The balance of that team is insane

brantonli
09-20-2014, 07:47 AM
Maybe LeBron can help Hibbert average 5-6 points a game, that would be a tremendous improvement.

JohnFreeman
09-20-2014, 07:57 AM
Surely Phoenix and Indiana can work out a deal

Haymaker
09-20-2014, 07:57 AM
Hibbert should just do like Asik and concentrate on defense and rebounding. Score on putbacks and alley oops. He clearly sucks offensively.

JohnMax
09-20-2014, 08:10 AM
This is getting ridiculous. :kobe:

Imagine if Jordan could have switched teams and been like "I want this all star, that all star, that one over there, and oh that tall guy who somehow was an allstar"

When Bron's captain in street ball he probably asks for the first 4 picks.

poido123
09-20-2014, 08:16 AM
Cleveland still entitled to excuses for not winning this year by adding another all-star to their team?

Adding hibbert or sanders is just absurd. :lol

Warfan
09-20-2014, 08:22 AM
Cleveland still entitled to excuses for not winning this year by adding another all-star to their team?

Adding hibbert or sanders is just absurd. :lol

I don't know man, i just dont think 4 all-stars are enough to win. I might have to start calling them the Cleveland Heat when lebrons team lets him down yet again.

BoutPractice
09-20-2014, 08:22 AM
Would be a huge, huge steal. Hibbert is essentially the most undervalued stock in the NBA right now, by far, but it still sounds completely unbelievable.

Pacers should think about 2016, not 2015. Even if Hibbert does nothing offensively for the Cavs, they're giving to LeBron James of all people the one player who made them relevant by allowing them to build their whole identity around stopping LeBron James. They're still potential contenders in 2016 if they can hold on to him...

Combat Wombat
09-20-2014, 08:23 AM
Okay, this is fcuked if this happens.

How much help does Lebron need???

Love, Irving and now possibly Hibbert?

There's already 4 (including former) All-Stars on the team (Lebron, Irving, Love, Marion) with the possibility of Ray Allen signing, and now he apparently need another AS with DPOTY potential?

Wow.

BoutPractice
09-20-2014, 08:38 AM
Also keep in mind that he's 27.

He's not an old center on the decline, it's just that his stock is at an all-time low. He's actually entering what is usually the prime of a career...

DukeDelonte13
09-20-2014, 09:17 AM
Doesn't make much sense for the bucks to part ways w/ sanders, IMO.

But if the pacers wanna dump hibbert, acquire another 1st rounder from Cle and probably have their own pick become a lottery pick they can come out looking like a pretty different team in the 2015/16 season, especially is they use some of those savings to pick up a FA.

EDIT: can't happen. Haywood's K is not worth the full 10.5 million until next offseason.

Nash
09-20-2014, 09:34 AM
Should Cavs not get Hibbert if they need him and can work out a deal?

Hibbert(also known as 'trash can' around these parts) is available for every team in the league. Clearly Indy ain't asking for much if this BS report is real.

Lebron23
09-20-2014, 09:43 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bk_HbhsIUAIBY52.jpg

Captain Hooker
09-20-2014, 10:05 AM
If this deal push through Lebron must be the luckiest player in the league. He almost gets the players that he wants most of the time.

HylianNightmare
09-20-2014, 10:11 AM
Lebron would turn hibbert into shaq

FLDFSU
09-20-2014, 10:33 AM
http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/32982/20140815/miami-heat-rumors-roy-hibbert-traded-eric-bledsoe-signed-norris-cole-shabazz-napier-deal-indiana-pacers-rebuild-paul-george-injury.htm

So are the Miami Heat.

Just a few months ago ISH used to CONSTANTLY post rumors about the Miami Heat...now ISH CONSTANTLY post rumors about the Cleveland Cavaliers and basically ignores the Heat.

What gives?

AnaheimLakers24
09-20-2014, 10:37 AM
well they kinda need him. not everyone is so big on that cavs lineup

poido123
09-20-2014, 10:53 AM
What do you mean? :confusedshrug: Vareajo is 6ft 11, Brendan Haywood is 7ft, LeBron is huge for his position, Kyrie is a big guard, Kevin Love is listed 6ft 10 and plays PF.. :confusedshrug:

Do you change your mind on Chicago if cavs get hibbert?

I think that would make it extremely hard.

Hey Yo
09-20-2014, 10:54 AM
According to Ohio.com, the Cavs are now weighing the possibilities of using Brendan Haywood’s $10.5 million contract and those of several other nonguaranteed players in a play for Roy Hibbert, who reports are the Indiana Pacers are leery of paying $15.5 million to next season in the wake of Paul George almost certainly being sidelined for the entire season.

If the Hibbert talks should fizzle out, the Cavs are also reported to hold a genuine interest in the rugged Larry Sanders. Coming off a season where he played in just 23 games for the Bucks due to torn ligament in his thumb, Sanders will be entering the first year of a four-year, $44 million deal. In his last full NBA season, Sanders ranked third in the league in blocks, behind Hibbert and the Thunder’s Serge Ibaka.

http://triangleoffense.com/news/cleveland-cavaliers-interested-in-adding-roy-hibbert-or-larry-sanders-as-rim-protector/
After clicking on the link, it says it was written last month on August 24th. In that column it gives a link to click on http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/jason-lloyd-cavaliers-could-be-on-the-cusp-of-building-a-new-nba-dynasty-1.516200#.U_klv44kppQ.twitter

After doing that I read:

"Remember the unique Brendan Haywood nonguaranteed contract, worth $10.5 million for the 2015-16 season, that the Cavs acquired on draft night? At the time, it was viewed as a shrewd maneuver aimed at adding a high-priced veteran next summer. Now with three stars already in place, it becomes a lavish luxury.

The Cavs still badly need a rim protector,so how would Roy Hibbert or Larry Sanders look playing alongside James and Love in 2015?

There's nothing in that article that suggests the Cavs are interested. All the writer is doing is thinking of trades the Cavs could do.

Mis-leading thread title is mis-leading.

poido123
09-20-2014, 10:57 AM
After clicking on the link, it says it was written last month on August 24th. In that column it gives a link to click on http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/jason-lloyd-cavaliers-could-be-on-the-cusp-of-building-a-new-nba-dynasty-1.516200#.U_klv44kppQ.twitter

After doing that I read:

"Remember the unique Brendan Haywood nonguaranteed contract, worth $10.5 million for the 2015-16 season, that the Cavs acquired on draft night? At the time, it was viewed as a shrewd maneuver aimed at adding a high-priced veteran next summer. Now with three stars already in place, it becomes a lavish luxury.

The Cavs still badly need a rim protector,so how would Roy Hibbert or Larry Sanders look playing alongside James and Love in 2015?

There's nothing in that article that suggests the Cavs are interested. All the writer is doing is thinking of trades the Cavs could do.

Sounds like a Bleacher Report style article/rumor.

But yes, I'm sure cavs are thinking of a way to bring in a rim protector. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

FLDFSU
09-20-2014, 11:02 AM

After doing that I read:

It is amazing how much effort they are putting into Cavs rumors now. Making inappropriate inferences or outright distorting facts to reach a preferred conclusion.

My question is...there is a legit possibility of the Heat acquiring Hibbert, yet not one poster has posted a link or otherwise started a thread. What gives?

Taller than CP3
09-20-2014, 11:09 AM
Cavs Front Office are doing a great job signing all these players. It's like Lebron walks in there, hands them a piece of paper with a bunch of names on it, and that's that.

CarlosBoozer
09-20-2014, 11:09 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bk_HbhsIUAIBY52.jpg
banned :eek:

Nuff Said
09-20-2014, 11:27 AM
http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/32982/20140815/miami-heat-rumors-roy-hibbert-traded-eric-bledsoe-signed-norris-cole-shabazz-napier-deal-indiana-pacers-rebuild-paul-george-injury.htm

So are the Miami Heat.

Just a few months ago ISH used to CONSTANTLY post rumors about the Miami Heat...now ISH CONSTANTLY post rumors about the Cleveland Cavaliers and basically ignores the Heat.

What gives?
Are you slow? Can you not figure out the reason why?

Optimus Prime
09-20-2014, 11:30 AM
Why in the world would the Cavs want Hasheem Thabeet but with a terrible contract?

Real Men Wear Green
09-20-2014, 11:43 AM
Have we completely forgotten how terrible Hibbert was last postseason why people are acting like he's be an awesome addition? As much as some of you live to complain about James playing on "stacked" teams you should not deny the fact that Indiana would trade him for a loaf off bread right now so long as it had an expiring contract.

yungtyrekeevans
09-20-2014, 11:44 AM
all y'all acting as if hibbert some balla, but y'all shittin on da dude just 4 months ago.

y'all bruhs trippin when it comes to bron.

Eric Cartman
09-20-2014, 12:01 PM
wish they acquired a player than can actually play instead of that piece of garbage scoring challenged ******

larry sanders would be infinitely better

RedBlackAttack
09-20-2014, 12:36 PM
I like how the Akron Beacon Journal is tossing this rumor out there but failing to mention that such a move for Haywood's contract isn't even possible until next year. I'm sure they're getting the number of clicks that they're looking for, though. That's the most important things to these supposed journalists in this day and age.

Also, I find it sort of funny that people are taking aim at LeBron James for "picking the All Stars" he wants to play with. The Cavs will be able to make a move like this next year for Haywood's contract and I'm sure they'll try to get the best return possible. Why wouldn't they?

Just because we have LeBron James on the team, the Cavs should stop trying to improve the roster in every way possible? It isn't about LeBron... it's about the Cavs still having assets to make moves. Why shouldn't they?

J Shuttlesworth
09-20-2014, 12:41 PM
So everyone was calling this guy complete trash a few months ago, but now that he might play with LeBron, everyone is trying to overhype him:roll:

DMAVS41
09-20-2014, 12:42 PM
Doesn't make much sense for the bucks to part ways w/ sanders, IMO.

But if the pacers wanna dump hibbert, acquire another 1st rounder from Cle and probably have their own pick become a lottery pick they can come out looking like a pretty different team in the 2015/16 season, especially is they use some of those savings to pick up a FA.

EDIT: can't happen. Haywood's K is not worth the full 10.5 million until next offseason.

I think it could make a lot of sense to shed Sanders actually. He's owed 44 million over the next 4 years. They are a rebuilding team and already have Henson on a far better contract. He has character issues and you are already trying to incorporate a lot of young guys.

An expiring contract, a pick...and perhaps a player like TT actually makes a ton of sense for both teams.

Because if the Cavs get Hibbert or Sanders...they simply won't have the money to pay TT next summer.

I like these potential deals for all teams. The Pacers should tank and cut ties with Hibbert asap. They aren't winning the title this season obviously...and if they can get a high draft pick and kind of retool on the fly and have more cap room and a younger team for when PG is ready...it makes a lot of sense.

And again, the Bucks should probably just get out of the contract and get more flexible given their situation.

JerrySeinfeld
09-20-2014, 12:43 PM
I like how the Akron Beacon Journal is tossing this rumor out there but failing to mention that such a move for Haywood's contract isn't even possible until next year. I'm sure they're getting the number of clicks that they're looking for, though. That's the most important things to these supposed journalists in this day and age.

Also, I find it sort of funny that people are taking aim at LeBron James for "picking the All Stars" he wants to play with. The Cavs will be able to make a move like this next year for Haywood's contract and I'm sure they'll try to get the best return possible. Why wouldn't they?

Just because we have LeBron James on the team, the Cavs should stop trying to improve the roster in every way possible? It isn't about LeBron... it's about the Cavs still having assets to make moves. Why shouldn't they?

People are idiots.

That being said it goes both ways. I'm surprised Dragic and his alts haven't flooded this thread trying to act like Hibbert is complete trash and not an asset for a contender in need of a rim protector.

DMAVS41
09-20-2014, 12:45 PM

Totally agree.

Why would they stop? They have a huge need at center and the assets to make some moves.

I know these are just rumors, but they make a lot of sense...and I like it a lot because it means TT isn't in the future plans most likely.

Cavs would be a far better team to turn TT, a pick, and filler into Sanders or Hibbert.

JerrySeinfeld
09-20-2014, 12:50 PM
Totally agree.

Why would they stop? They have a huge need at center and the assets to make some moves.

I know these are just rumors, but they make a lot of sense...and I like it a lot because it means TT isn't in the future plans most likely.

Cavs would be a far better team to turn TT, a pick, and filler into Sanders or Hibbert.

If they could make the trade while keeping Varejao, they would have two of the best centers in the East, in addition to having four potential all stars at their other four positions.

The more I look at it, this Cavaliers team is shaping up to be as strong of a team as I've ever seen, even without a trade for a rim protector.

Love's ability to stretch the floor on offense, swallow up rebounds, and be a great passer will really be huge for them. Don't forget how good he is at outlet passes for the transition game... LeBron will thrive with that type of passing. And in the halfcourt offense, someone like Varejao (if healthy) should have a great year as well, receiving constant dump off passes from LeBron, Kyrie, Waiters, and Love who will command plenty of attention.

I know they don't have any chemistry together yet, but the East is weak enough to where I can see this team winning somewhere around 70 games IF fully healthy.

DMAVS41
09-20-2014, 12:56 PM
If they could make the trade while keeping Varejao, they would have two of the best centers in the East, in addition to having four potential all stars at their other four positions.

The more I look at it, this Cavaliers team is shaping up to be as strong of a team as I've ever seen, even without a trade for a rim protector.

Love's ability to stretch the floor on offense, swallow up rebounds, and be a great passer will really be huge for them. Don't forget how good he is at outlet passes for the transition game... LeBron will thrive with that type of passing. And in the halfcourt offense, someone like Varejao (if healthy) should have a great year as well, receiving constant dump off passes from LeBron, Kyrie, Waiters, and Love who will command plenty of attention.

I know they don't have any chemistry together yet, but the East is weak enough to where I can see this team winning somewhere around 70 games IF fully healthy.

They definitely can make a deal without Andy. Here is a trade that works and one I've been talking about for months;

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=or269j3

RedBlackAttack
09-20-2014, 01:05 PM
Totally agree.

Tristan will be a very good big off the bench. Every good team needs that energy PF/C who can provide defense, rebounding and a motor. He's also only 23.

I don't understand the hate that TT gets. Kevin Love is the Cavs' longterm PF now. Tristan is now likely going to be coming off the bench for the foreseeable future. He's easily good enough to do well in that role and he's also a great chemistry/locker room guy.

JerrySeinfeld
09-20-2014, 01:06 PM
Tristan will be a very good big off the bench. Every good team needs that energy PF/C who can provide defense, rebounding and a motor. He's also only 23.

I don't understand the hate that TT gets. Kevin Love is the Cavs' longterm PF now. Tristan is now likely going to be coming off the bench for the foreseeable future. He's easily good enough to do well in that role and he's also a great chemistry/locker room guy.

He could be a good Taj Gibson type of player for Cleveland, no doubt.

It's even better if he's willing to accept that type of role like Haslem was for us in Miami.

ballinhun8
09-20-2014, 01:07 PM
Why would the Pacers want to give a direct division rival an added advantage?

Yea he played like crap in the postseason buy we've seen what he can do when he's motivated and fully focused.

It just doesn't make sense from a competitive stance.

And before people tell me Deng was traded to Cleveland last year, I think the Bulls knew the Cavs weren't a direct threat to them. Plus Lu was entering free agency following the season.

DMAVS41
09-20-2014, 01:09 PM

Well, I yield to you about his defense, but in the games I've seen and in the numbers I've looked at...he's a very poor defender.

He is also due for a big deal most likely. The question becomes whether or not he's worth that. Because if you pay him...you won't really have any ability to use that Haywood contract you are talking about.

I'd personally trade him because I think he doesn't really fit in that well and will be given a contract over his real value.

Don't you think someone is going to offer TT like 8 to 11 million a year next summer? You really want to pay that for a player that can't play consistent minutes at center next to Love and isn't a starter? Ugh...he'd have to really improve for that to make sense in my opinion.

Even with cap increases, Lebron/Love/Kyrie are going to be making a huge chunk of that. Then you have to worry about paying Waiters the year after. If you are going to be paying a guy around 10 million or so...I'd much rather it be a guy like Sanders that can actually fill a role the team badly needs.

This is why I was so against including Bennett in that damn deal with the Wolves. Besides it making absolutely no sense to give up that much. Bennett is a perfect fit for a backup to Love and the Cavs don't have to worry about paying him for a while. If they had traded TT or just not traded Bennett...they'd have a lot more options to mix and match guys for trades.

RedBlackAttack
09-20-2014, 01:20 PM
He could be a good Taj Gibson type of player for Cleveland, no doubt.

It's even better if he's willing to accept that type of role like Haslem was for us in Miami.
No doubt in my mind he'd accept it. That's one of the great things about holding on to TT... he's a very positive, smart hardworker who will do whatever is asked of him. Not one of those big egos like some others on our roster. He'll help balance that part of it out.

Lebron23
09-20-2014, 01:22 PM
Signing Andray Blatche is a more realistic scenario.

SamuraiSWISH
09-20-2014, 01:23 PM
When Bron's captain in street ball he probably asks for the first 4 picks.
This had me rolling ... haha, I know.

DMAVS41
09-20-2014, 01:28 PM
No doubt in my mind he'd accept it. That's one of the great things about holding on to TT... he's a very positive, smart hardworker who will do whatever is asked of him. Not one of those big egos like some others on our roster. He'll help balance that part of it out.

The problem is that TT is nothing like Taj Gibson as a player.

He might be willing to accept that type of role, but he has to be able to actually do shit.

Taj is one of the best defensive players in the entire league. TT is nowhere close to that.

RedBlackAttack
09-20-2014, 01:39 PM
The problem is that TT is nothing like Taj Gibson as a player.

He might be willing to accept that type of role, but he has to be able to actually do shit.

Taj is one of the best defensive players in the entire league. TT is nowhere close to that.
TT has never been asked to be a specialized player like Taj Gibson. His first three years in the league were spent trying to become a complete starting front line player and he did reasonably well, essentially averaging a double-double since entering the league. This is the first year he will be asked to do less and focus on a very specific role.

Frankly, I doubt those people who are jumping all over TT have even watched him play all that much. Almost every diehard Cavs poster on this forum -- to a man -- has a very positive viewpoint of TT. He should be given the opportunity to succeed in this new and completely different role. And, he will.

sammichoffate
09-20-2014, 01:48 PM
TT has never been asked to be a specialized player like Taj Gibson. His first three years in the league were spent trying to become a complete starting front line player and he did reasonably well, essentially averaging a double-double since entering the league. This is the first year he will be asked to do less and focus on a very specific role.

Frankly, I doubt those people who are jumping all over TT have even watched him play all that much. Almost every diehard Cavs poster on this forum -- to a man -- has a very positive viewpoint of TT. He should be given the opportunity to succeed in this new and completely different role. And, he will.TT is honestly the only player I like on that Cavs roster other than Marion. He's going to be a valuable piece going forward and still probably get trashed on by the fgts on here :facepalm

fiddy
09-20-2014, 02:29 PM
Signing Andray Blatche is a more realistic scenario.
Blatche is not an option
https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/513372248657633281

G0ATbe
09-20-2014, 03:08 PM
In terms of being stacked

this team >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2014 Heat if they get Hibbert.

Milbuck
09-20-2014, 03:20 PM
We're keeping Sanders..

TheMarkMadsen
09-20-2014, 03:21 PM
They already have 4-5 potential all stars.

Bout to get another..

Nash
09-20-2014, 03:42 PM
They already have 4-5 potential all stars.

Bout to get another..
who are the 4th and 5th?

Eric Cartman
09-20-2014, 03:45 PM
who are the 4th and 5th?

4th = Waiters

No idea who the 5th would be doe.

BrownEye007
09-20-2014, 03:47 PM
who are the 4th and 5th?
Dion Waiters is a potential all star but it's not going to happen playing behind three other guys. Andy v too if he can stay healthy.

swagga
09-20-2014, 04:26 PM
We're keeping Sanders..

with that cheap owner, with a young team, with henson there? He'll pounce on that 10.5M non-guaranteed cotract like kobe on that white girl in colorado. With no regard for human life.
sanders is really underrated imo.

But seriously a kyrie-dion-lebron-love-hibbert team is stakked as hell. Looks like a friging 2k team. Lebron adding that elusive GM of the year title :roll:

SamuraiSWISH
09-20-2014, 04:28 PM
LeBron himself, and his fans are so pathetic. Is Roy Hibbert an all-star? Can LeBron's team get him? Never have I seen more shameless lack of competition. I never EVER heard fans of Jordan, or Kobe being like can we get so and so? More help.

ArbitraryWater
09-20-2014, 04:37 PM
LeBron himself, and his fans are so pathetic. Is Roy Hibbert an all-star? Can LeBron's team get him? Never have I seen more shameless lack of competition. I never EVER heard fans of Jordan, or Kobe being like can we get so and so? More help.

And you were saying you'd be an active LeBron fan again if he goes back to Cleveland :coleman:

BigTicket
09-20-2014, 04:37 PM
This trade rumor is such BS.

Haywood's contract isn't worth $10M until next summer, and even if it was, there is no way this trade would happen.

TheMarkMadsen
09-20-2014, 06:15 PM
who are the 4th and 5th?

Andy V, Waiters

RedBlackAttack
09-20-2014, 06:31 PM
who are the 4th and 5th?
If he were just talking about the top three players on the team, the word "potential" wouldn't have been included in the statement. It would have been, "The Cavs have 3 all stars."

...because that's the truth. I'm assuming Waiters and Varejao are where the "potential" comes in.

poido123
09-20-2014, 07:44 PM
Bogus source and bogus article.

Got us all talking though :lol

Cavs will have plenty of options next year though. For all other teams, you better get a title this year before shit gets real :(

edrick
09-20-2014, 07:46 PM
Gotta love the haters. They're going to act like Hibbert wasn't complete garbage the second half of the season. Also propping up two players that haven't even been in the playoffs...

poido123
09-20-2014, 07:50 PM
Gotta love the haters. They're going to act like Hibbert wasn't complete garbage the second half of the season. Also propping up two players that haven't even been in the playoffs...

Hibbert is a good rim protector.

What do you think Cleveland needs the most?

Common man, you're not fooling anyone with the "hibbert is a scrub" angle :oldlol:

Glass Ankles
09-20-2014, 08:06 PM
Lebron stans throwing current and potential teammates under the bus as usual. These vermin have no dignity. They are two faced, devious bastards that will do anything for a single drop of Bron's asscrack sweat. The type of guys that would be focused on his gatorade cup during the game, just waiting for him to throw it in the trash so they can pick it up and lick that shit inside out. The kinda upstanding citizens that would sleep with Lebron's mom just to feel closer to his birthplace, kissing and cuddling her pu$$y in hopes of attaining the false sense of affection towards their idol.

poido123
09-20-2014, 08:08 PM
Lebron stans throwing current and potential teammates under the bus as usual. These vermin have no dignity. They are two faced, devious bastards that will do anything for a single drop of Bron's asscrack sweat. The type of guys that would be focused on his gatorade cup during the game, just waiting for him to throw it in the trash so they can pick it up and lick that shit inside out. The kinda upstanding citizens that would sleep with Lebron's mom just to feel closer to his birthplace, kissing and cuddling her pu$$y in hopes of attaining the false sense of affection towards their idol.

Glass goin in and breaking dem ankles :oldlol:

JT123
09-20-2014, 08:18 PM
It's becoming more and more apparent that this retard is a closet Kobe stan. Only an idiot would suggest that Kobe's fans didn't want him surrounded by better teammates when their boy couldn't get out of the first round, IN HIS PRIME! :sleeping
As for Jordan's fans, of course they didn't request any other teammates. But not because of the reasons you are suggesting, but because Jordan had no competition anyway in the weak expansion era 90's. :facepalm

JT123
09-20-2014, 08:21 PM
Post on your real account, Inferno. :coleman:

Glass Ankles
09-20-2014, 08:21 PM
It's becoming more and more apparent that this retard is an undercover Kobe stan. Only an idiot would suggest that Kobe's fans didn't want him surrounded by better teammates when their boy couldn't get out of the first round, IN HIS PRIME! :sleeping
As for Jordan's fans, of course they didn't request any other teammates. But not because of the reasons you are suggesting, but because Jordan had no competition anyway in the weak expansion era 90's. :facepalm
Please refrain from using such foul language. Calling posters "retards" is highly offensive and also insensitive to the thousands of mentally disabled children worldwide. Use your words with caution friend, they carry real weight and can emotionally scar certain individuals. There is no place for such hateful comments on ISH.

Warmest regards,

Glass Ankles

Glass Ankles
09-20-2014, 08:22 PM
Post on your real account, Inferno. :coleman:
My only other accounts are Dubeta and Encre, but they getting banned lately.

ArbitraryWater
09-20-2014, 08:25 PM
After getting exposed, Budadiiii is now doing work with his newest account, Glass Ankles..

JT123
09-20-2014, 08:28 PM
After getting exposed, Budadiiii is now doing work with his newest account, Glass Ankles..
Just what I was thinking. :oldlol: How many accounts this nikka got?

poido123
09-20-2014, 08:30 PM
I can feel an RBA "troll warning" post incoming.

Back on topic.

For the Cavs fans, what do you think the Cavs will do this season to address the front line? Or do you think they might wait until next season to use Haywood's contract.

Glass Ankles
09-20-2014, 08:38 PM
I can feel an RBA "troll warning" post incoming.

Back on topic.

For the Cavs fans, what do you think the Cavs will do this season to address the front line? Or do you think they might wait until next season to use Haywood's contract.

Yea back on topic, those Lebron stans always derailing threads with their ignorance. :facepalm

I think Hibbert would be of great help to the young Cavs. They need a veteran "tough guy" that can intimidate their opponents so they don't try anything when Kyrie and Lebron embarrass them on the fastbreak. That safety net will certainly add to the team's locker room stability.

poido123
09-20-2014, 08:42 PM
Yea back on topic, those Lebron stans always derailing threads with their ignorance. :facepalm

I think Hibbert would be of great help to the young Cavs. They need a veteran "tough guy" that can intimidate their opponents so they don't try anything when Kyrie and Lebron embarrass them on the fastbreak. That safety net will certainly add to the team's locker room stability.

Tough guys are few in this league now.

Enforcers and tough guys disappeared soon after the Malice in the Palace incident and new rules against fighting and whatever goes with it.

Glass Ankles
09-20-2014, 08:45 PM
Tough guys are few in this league now.

Enforcers and tough guys disappeared soon after the Malice in the Palace incident and new rules against fighting and whatever goes with it.
Relative to his position, Hibbert is one of the toughest guys. When you got clowns like Howard in the league the standards are really low you see. :lol

Bigsmoke
09-20-2014, 08:48 PM
I don't like that contract

ballinhun8
09-20-2014, 11:18 PM
Just what I was thinking. :oldlol: How many accounts this nikka got?

Kettle. Meet Pot.

DMAVS41
09-21-2014, 09:47 PM

Frankly, I doubt those people who are jumping all over TT have even watched him play all that much. Almost every diehard Cavs poster on this forum -- to a man -- has a very positive viewpoint of TT. He should be given the opportunity to succeed in this new and completely different role. And, he will.

And do you think he's going to be worth what you'll have to pay to keep him?

He's not taking a paycut in free agency...and he has a QO of 7.2 for the following season. My guess is in the 10 million dollar range. I'm just not sure that is the best use of funds for the Cavs. I don't think you can play him a center next to Love much...I think that is where we disagree. I think that is a recipe for disaster.

I think about teams like this in terms of the playoffs...and I just don't see the Cavs running Love and TT out there at PF and C very often in playoff games.

So it's not just what he can do in a specialized role, it's what he can do at the position the Cavs need.

Now, if somehow they can get him for cheap and he improves defensively...then maybe, but I'd rather role the dice on a guy like Sanders or Hibbert (if possible...not sure if the money works here) than keep TT.

Imagine the Cavs roster going forward of Kyrie, Waiters, Lebron, Love, and TT all locked into big long term deals after the 2016 season. I mean...even with huge cap increases, it's still going to be tough to find centers to make that work in terms of championships.

I think the Cavs should look at how much the Heat struggled on the interior with Bosh/Andersen at times....and Love/TT/Andy defensively is nowhere near as good...and that's assuming Andy is healthy...which is rare at this point.

This is why (and I know you agree) it was so damn vital to either not deal Bennett as well or get Dieng back in the Love trade.

No matter what it's going to be a loaded team and a heavy favorite to come out of the East, but winning titles is really really hard and many teams before have come up short because they lacked something for perhaps 20 minutes a game. And that is what I'd worry about with this Cavs team....is that they might really lack something at center for like 20 to 25 minutes a game.

RedBlackAttack
09-22-2014, 12:44 AM
And do you think he's going to be worth what you'll have to pay to keep him?

He's not taking a paycut in free agency...and he has a QO of 7.2 for the following season. My guess is in the 10 million dollar range. I'm just not sure that is the best use of funds for the Cavs. I don't think you can play him a center next to Love much...I think that is where we disagree. I think that is a recipe for disaster.

I think about teams like this in terms of the playoffs...and I just don't see the Cavs running Love and TT out there at PF and C very often in playoff games.

So it's not just what he can do in a specialized role, it's what he can do at the position the Cavs need.

Now, if somehow they can get him for cheap and he improves defensively...then maybe, but I'd rather role the dice on a guy like Sanders or Hibbert (if possible...not sure if the money works here) than keep TT.

Imagine the Cavs roster going forward of Kyrie, Waiters, Lebron, Love, and TT all locked into big long term deals after the 2016 season. I mean...even with huge cap increases, it's still going to be tough to find centers to make that work in terms of championships.

I think the Cavs should look at how much the Heat struggled on the interior with Bosh/Andersen at times....and Love/TT/Andy defensively is nowhere near as good...and that's assuming Andy is healthy...which is rare at this point.

This is why (and I know you agree) it was so damn vital to either not deal Bennett as well or get Dieng back in the Love trade.

No matter what it's going to be a loaded team and a heavy favorite to come out of the East, but winning titles is really really hard and many teams before have come up short because they lacked something for perhaps 20 minutes a game. And that is what I'd worry about with this Cavs team....is that they might really lack something at center for like 20 to 25 minutes a game.
I hate dealing players before we've even seen how a team gels, especially young players who have a lot of room for improvement like TT. Like I said, he's stepping into a new situation with new teammates and a brand new role.

Everything that you think you know about him should probably be filed away in the "no longer applicable" section. He was a guy we've had to count on for the last three years as a leader and a guy who needed to have a refined game all the way around. We had scoring issues and spacing issues with our interior guys, so he was forced to try and add a midrange jumper to his game. He and Andy have to occupy much of the same space to really play their games, and Andy is better at this stage, so TT was forced to adapt.

Now, the pressure is off. He can be a 'garbage man' off the bench. He can focus more on defending, rebounding and bringing energy. With Kevin Love and all these other shooters on the roster, we no longer need him to worry about shooting the ball beyond five feet.

Trading him now -- at 23 -- with his stock middling would be a big mistake, imo. Every great teams need glue guys. I see Tristan as a potential excellent glue guy. He's not going to ask for much and he's going to leave it all on the floor for however many minutes he plays.

And, there is a huge difference between the way Miami constructed their 'Big Three' and what the Cavs have done. While I obviously didn't like including Bennett in the deal for Love, it did save us from having to take back bad contracts.

As a result, the Cavs still have plenty of assets to add help on the frontline. They still have all that filler acquired from Utah. They still have Haywood's $11 million expirer next season. They still have multiple first-round picks to throw around.

If Dan Gilbert is willing to go over the luxury tax and, knowing him, I'm certain he won't, why not use those other very valuable assets (cap space, future picks) to bring in a big guy? And, I will not be the least bit surprised if Tristan actually fill a good deal of the gaps that many people think are glaring on this Cavs roster.

He's much better suited to his current situation than he was in his former one here. And, we're going to be over the cap whether we re-sign Tristan or not. If Gilbert is willing to spend the money to keep him here and we have other assets to make other moves, why shouldn't we?