PDA

View Full Version : What makes CP3 the 3rd best player in the league? Serious answer only.

k0kakw0rld
09-20-2014, 10:15 AM
Lately I've been trying to defend K Love's case as the third player in the league. Stats wise regular season he's there. You can not ignore Regular season because certain player have the luxury to play with amazing organizations, players and coaches Other players don't have that luxury.

Failed again in the playoffs lost his 1v1 matchup vs Curry in the playoffs, I have the stats to back my shit up if needed. They go ful distance with a weaker team in the Warriors. Then they lose to OKC. CP3 couldn't defend his matchup so they made him guard a weaker player in Durant. Curry is averaging 8.5 assist imagine how many assists this man could average with Blake and Deandre Jordan. He's just as good as a floor general of course defense is his issue. When you don't play defense for 75% of the game and still have the luxury to stay up like Clippers, Heat, Thunder, etc... You will look better Yeah yeah I did not watch all the clippers game but I've watched enough to say that CP3 is an overrated defender. He gets the benefit of the doubt but fouls way too much. Watch again the Warriors vs Clippers series and then holla at me.

Now why do you think CP3 deserves the 3rd best player spot, more than Love or Curry.

JohnFreeman
09-20-2014, 10:52 AM
I would take Melo over CP

elementally morale
09-20-2014, 10:54 AM
Nothing. Serous.

Dragic4Life
09-20-2014, 10:57 AM
He isn't the 3rd best right now.

I have Aldridge, Melo, Dragic and Harden over him.

JohnMax
09-20-2014, 11:11 AM
Its like Chris Paul has the Neuralizer device from Men in Black he uses on the media after every season.

http://gadgetan.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/neuralizer_large.jpg

Taller than CP3
09-20-2014, 11:12 AM
Are you kidding me, I have a hard enough time putting CP3 in the Top 10.

All Net
09-20-2014, 11:22 AM
Anthony Davis i

Optimus Prime
09-20-2014, 11:29 AM
He's not.

elementally morale
09-20-2014, 11:37 AM
[QUOTE=All Net]Anthony Davis i

JohnFreeman
09-20-2014, 11:39 AM
I admit I'm not a big fan of his but I'm not even sure he is the best player on his own team. He arguably is... but then again ha arguably is not.
Well, who is better? Tyreke?

All Net
09-20-2014, 11:44 AM
I admit I'm not a big fan of his but I'm not even sure he is the best player on his own team. He arguably is... but then again ha arguably is not.

Yeah I can see that, maybe Blake's time will be now to be that number 1 guy. Blake certainly has top 3 potenial to me.

Optimus Prime
09-20-2014, 12:02 PM
How can CP3 be considered a Top 3 player in the NBA when he's not even the best player on his team? The Clippers did just fine with Griffin carrying the team while CP3 was injured last year. CP3 hasn't improved their playoff outcomes either, even with a ring-wearing coach like Doc, so you can't throw Del Negro under the bus any more. :confusedshrug:

Seriously; CP3 is all empty stats, whining, flops and annoying commercials. :kobe:

Legends66NBA7
09-20-2014, 12:37 PM
Yeah, because if there's one thing the Clippers were when Chris Paul got there... they had amazing payers, coaches, and most importantly were an amazing organization.

:oldlol:

ralph_i_el
09-20-2014, 12:40 PM
Lately I've been trying to defend K Love's case as the third player in the league. Stats wise regular season he's there. You can not ignore Regular season because certain player have the luxury to play with amazing organizations, players and coaches Other players don't have that luxury.

Failed again in the playoffs lost his 1v1 matchup vs Curry in the playoffs, I have the stats to back my shit up if needed. They go ful distance with a weaker team in the Warriors. Then they lose to OKC. CP3 couldn't defend his matchup so they made him guard a weaker player in Durant. Curry is averaging 8.5 assist imagine how many assists this man could average with Blake and Deandre Jordan. He's just as good as a floor general of course defense is his issue. When you don't play defense for 75% of the game and still have the luxury to stay up like Clippers, Heat, Thunder, etc... You will look better Yeah yeah I did not watch all the clippers game but I've watched enough to say that CP3 is an overrated defender. He gets the benefit of the doubt but fouls way too much. Watch again the Warriors vs Clippers series and then holla at me.

Now why do you think CP3 deserves the 3rd best player spot, more than Love or Curry.
Curry is as good a floor general as CP3 :facepalm are you that ****ing retarded? He flings wild passes constantly and often is off the mark when he hits his shooters. Please just stop

"Stats" :facepalm your whole argument against CP3 stems from this seasons playoffs...and you're proping up a guy who wasn't even in the playoffs. Gtfo with that shit dude.

CP3 has the best pg on pg D. Leads the league in steals most seasons. Best guard at pulling up from the elbow. Consistent great 3 point shooter. Best handle in the league. Takes care of the ball. Think about all the extra possessions the clippers get from CP3 getting steals or not turning it over. Since when did Doc Rivers become an elite coach? Wearing a ring does nothing for me, sorry.

FYI, I ****in love Kevin Love. He and Durant are my two favorite non-wizards. I'm just being real

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-20-2014, 12:42 PM
Yeah, because if there's one thing the Clippers were when Chris Paul got there... they had amazing payers, coaches, and most importantly were an amazing organization.

/bodied

SamuraiSWISH
09-20-2014, 01:55 PM

:eek:

:applause:

k0kakw0rld
09-20-2014, 02:29 PM
Blake > Paul but Love > Blake > Paul therefore Love top 3 oh also Love > Davis

alexd
09-20-2014, 03:45 PM
He s the third best player in the league cause he s better than the 4th and worst than the best and second best

qrich
09-20-2014, 07:01 PM
Why is this guy not banned for his trolling yet?

Young X
09-20-2014, 07:09 PM
He has a good argument.

19/10.7/4/2.4 in the regular season
20/10/4/2.8 in the playoffs
All NBA 1st
All NBA D 1st
#1 in APG and SPG

How many players have a clear argument over that? If anything it just shows how weak this current era is in terms of elite players.

Inferno
09-20-2014, 07:16 PM
He's not....Melo is

JerrySeinfeld
09-20-2014, 07:29 PM
He might be the 3rd best but last year Blake Griffin had a stronger case for MVP than he did.

Maybe Blake is 3rd best now?

ArbitraryWater
09-20-2014, 07:33 PM
He has a good argument.

19/10.7/4/2.4 in the regular season
20/10/4/2.8 in the playoffs
All NBA 1st
All NBA D 1st
#1 in APG and SPG

How many players have a clear argument over that? If anything it just shows how weak this current era is in terms of elite players.

Came in here to say "Waiting for YoungX to shut this thread down"

I think you could have made his case clearer, too.

Glass Ankles
09-20-2014, 07:43 PM
This guy doesn't represent GSW fans. He is just a shameless degenerate that floods the board with garbage, just like 9er, Dubeta and other useless posters.

Guys like him should be burned lightly, cut with razors, covered in honey then left in the forest for all the insects and woodland animals to slowly consume their worthless corpse. Perhaps their remains can fertilize the soil and do something productive for the world.

pauk
09-20-2014, 07:44 PM
I have honestly no idea. I would give Westbrook that spot.

PsychoBe
09-20-2014, 08:31 PM
cp3 is not top 3. he's not even the best player on his own team.

Bigsmoke
09-20-2014, 08:52 PM
He's not....Melo is

Really? Melo?

k0kakw0rld
09-20-2014, 09:53 PM
He might be the 3rd best but last year Blake Griffin had a stronger case for MVP than he did.

Maybe Blake is 3rd best now?
Kevin Love >>> Blake Griffin

People seriously need to stop with bull$hit like Griffin is better than love, he ain't. Kevin Love is the 3rd best player in the league. What are you guys smoking. All the experts have him ahead of Blake or most basketball websites (SI,Bleacher Report and even ESPN), have Love over Griffin all day long.

qrich
09-20-2014, 09:54 PM

People seriously need to stop with bull$hit like Griffin is better than love, he ain't. Kevin Love is the 3rd best player in the league. What are you guys smoking. All the experts have him ahead of Blake or most basketball websites (SI,Bleacher Report and even ESPN), have Love over Griffin all day long.

Your mom really should've swallowed.

k0kakw0rld
09-20-2014, 10:16 PM
Your mom really should've swallowed.
I don't know in what world y'all live but 26.1 ppg 12.5 rpg 4.4 apg is better than 24.1 ppg 9.5 rpg 3.9 rpg all day long.

Clippers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wolves. Seriously it is not even close. The playoffs argument is not relevant. Blake Griffin wouldn't be able to lead the same wolves to the playoffs. "Ye but when Paul was injured he carried the team" Duuh! supporting cast still better than what Love's.

qrich
09-20-2014, 10:19 PM
Winning 32 games in a combined 2 seasons is GOAT level :bowdown:

Shep
09-21-2014, 12:20 AM
kevin love isn't even top 13, curry isn't top 7

T_L_P
09-21-2014, 12:53 AM
Since we're saying you can't be that high up if you haven't made it out of the first round, the only candidates for top 3 player are:

Paul George (missing year)
Russell Westbrook

So I guess it's Russell, right?

NZStreetBaller
09-21-2014, 01:23 AM

No K love is not. :facepalm the reason why his stats are so impressive is because his team is crap. Blake Griffin would have those stats if he was on that team. Rubio would complement Blakes game easily.

CP3 is great 3rd seed in the WEST last year.

People say that hes a loser and a choker because he cant make it to the WCF but look at his opponents over the past 3 years in the playoffs.

2011 - 2013 lost to the spurs. the spurs can basically take out any team at any time one of the best teams in the league. they were hands down the better TEAM

2012 - 2013 lost to memphis. this was probably the best memphis team ever they played amazing. plus memphis are one the toughest teams to face in the west

2013 - 2014 lost to the thunder. KD the MVP and westbrook are never going to be an easy beat. plus some even say they got alot of ref help.

Chris Paul doesnt lose because hes a crap player or a choker. he loses because he just faces much tougher teams.

Clippers would easily make the ECF in the East hell they might even go to the finals.

NZStreetBaller
09-21-2014, 01:26 AM
I don't know in what world y'all live but 26.1 ppg 12.5 rpg 4.4 apg is better than 24.1 ppg 9.5 rpg 3.9 rpg all day long.

Clippers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wolves. Seriously it is not even close. The playoffs argument is not relevant. Blake Griffin wouldn't be able to lead the same wolves to the playoffs. "Ye but when Paul was injured he carried the team" Duuh! supporting cast still better than what Love's.

K loves stats arent that much higher considering (and i will say this over and over) he has to carry a ton of load for his team. If blake had the wolves his stats would be higher then loves.

What were blakes stats when CP3 wasnt around ??

masonanddixon
09-21-2014, 01:29 AM
I'll probably catch some hate from the youngsters on this board, but I still cannot see how (even at 36) there are 2 better players in the NBA than Dirk Nowitzki. If anyone can prove to me that his body of work last season wasn't sufficient to make an argument for top3-5, I'd like to hear it.

NZStreetBaller
09-21-2014, 01:33 AM
2013 - 2014

1.Kevin Durant
2.Lebron James
3.Dirk Nowitzki - The guy beat the spurs more in the playoffs more then any other team #real talk
4.Blake Griffin
5.CP3
6.WestBrook

ralph_i_el
09-21-2014, 10:04 AM

The fact that your main argument is statlines proves you're a ****ing moron. You don't know shit