PDA

View Full Version : Ever torched, or embarrassed a guy so bad

SamuraiSWISH
09-20-2014, 04:14 PM
They get all salty, frustrated and do something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCWd-mmDRZQ

Or try to resort to fighting?

swagga
09-20-2014, 04:21 PM

basketball in the army .. the ones that played it know what's up :lol

SamuraiSWISH
09-20-2014, 04:25 PM
Happened to me 4 days I spent in county. The brothers can't take a white boy making them look bad. I've had a few times at gyms too, or out door local pick up in more "diverse" neighborhoods.

moe94
09-20-2014, 04:29 PM
It's funnier when a cocky dude gets crossed badly and everyone cracks up and the loudmouth proceeds to become a completely different and introverted person for the rest of the game or even day lol

Milbuck
09-20-2014, 04:30 PM
I crossed the shit out of my friend the other day, dude got severely James Harden'd.

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/NIGERIAN-CROSSOVER1.gif

He was a salty bitch after that, went full on Dennis Rodman mode the rest of the game :oldlol:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YaZAQHaGD30/UXt8A643h2I/AAAAAAAALaQ/Mi1mblIsp7A/s1600/Dennis-Rodman-Karl-Malone.gif

swagga
09-20-2014, 04:33 PM
Happened to me 4 days I spent in county. The brothers can't take a white boy making them look bad. I've had a few times at gyms too, or out door local pick up in more "diverse" neighborhoods.

When I was 20 I remember a game between two divisions that were stationed in the same place. That shit looked like an organized group fight with a ball tbh. I was amazed thatnobody broke anything. **** how time flies..

Can't stand ***** ball tbh. The IQ of a brick, zore movement without the ball, no post action and bad jumpers. Monkeyball. If reffed a team of skinny white hs boys would run a train on them.

ArbitraryWater
09-20-2014, 04:34 PM
Calling your friend a salty bitch :biggums: :lol

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-20-2014, 04:36 PM

You got closed line like a babyback BITCH and did nothing to retaliate? C'mon kid ...

swagga
09-20-2014, 04:37 PM
It's funnier when a cocky dude gets crossed badly and everyone cracks up and the loudmouth proceeds to become a completely different and introverted person for the rest of the game or even day lol

I find it funnier when you play a young dude that is much more athletic but you use screens to free yourself for the jumper. Dude will always be saying "luck" and then proceed to force up a bad shot on offense thinking he is helping his team.

When they go full beta it gets boring.

ArbitraryWater
09-20-2014, 04:38 PM
You got closed line like a babyback BITCH and did nothing to retaliate? C'mon kid ...

lmfao

epic beef

SamuraiSWISH
09-20-2014, 04:40 PM
:biggums:

Who said I got clotheslined? Who said I didn't retaliate or stand up for myself? Welfare check not come in this month kuniva?

Because you sound mad AF.

ArbitraryWater
09-20-2014, 04:45 PM
http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/costanza-popcorn.gif

K Xerxes
09-20-2014, 04:46 PM

Someone I knew did this to a new cocky loudmouth a few years back, dude didn't say anything for the rest of the day and was never seen by any of us again. I think he lived like a street down too, must have taken drastic measures to avoid us lol.

Rake2204
09-20-2014, 04:53 PM
I've had some rough ones.

A quick sample (yes, should have made the first one): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4va0UqjK6ys

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-20-2014, 04:55 PM
:biggums:

Who said I got clotheslined? Who said I didn't retaliate or stand up for myself? Welfare check not come in this month kuniva?

Because you sound mad AF.

Lighten up dude. It was a joke. Seriously though, did the "brothers" in county loosen you up?

Straight_Ballin
09-20-2014, 05:03 PM

A quick sample (yes, should have made the first one): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4va0UqjK6ys

Lol look at # 14 who can't even time a rebound or slide over for a box out. sorry MF right there....

Sakkreth
09-20-2014, 05:07 PM
Lakers were down 14 in the 4th there lol.

alexd
09-20-2014, 05:10 PM
Happened to me the other day.was playing against a young athletic guy.although I don't work out too much anymore I still have quick fit and although I m 5 foot 10 but I have long arms (like 6 foot 4) so I can steal pretty easily.he tried and tried to cross me up but I just poked the ball from his hands.he then kicked the ball started cursing and proceeded to post me up cause he had height advantage(he s like 6.5) and trying to elbow me every time he had the chance :lol

SamuraiSWISH
09-20-2014, 05:11 PM
Lighten up dude. It was a joke. Seriously though, did the "brothers" in county loosen you up?
Lighten up? Most guys don't call another dude a bitch and be like "it was a joke" ... do that shit in life and someone will go upside your head. You and I aren't on any level to kid like that. And nope. I was token, got the ghetto pass for the hoop skills.

moe94
09-20-2014, 05:23 PM

You're straight reaching

this dude really say "ghetto pass" hahaha

Cocaine80s
09-20-2014, 05:33 PM
I crossed the shit out of my friend the other day, dude got severely James Harden'd.

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/NIGERIAN-CROSSOVER1.gif

He was a salty bitch after that, went full on Dennis Rodman mode the rest of the game :oldlol:

i have a feeling that never happened and you just wanted to post that harden gif :coleman:

moe94
09-20-2014, 05:34 PM

:biggums: brutal

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-20-2014, 05:41 PM
Lighten up? Most guys don't call another dude a bitch and be like "it was a joke" ... do that shit in life and someone will go upside your head. You and I aren't on any level to kid like that. And nope. I was token, got the ghetto pass for the hoop skills.

This entire post belongs in the cringe thread.

:oldlol: at the loud "thump". I'm actually surprised you kept your composure.

Milbuck
09-20-2014, 05:41 PM
i have a feeling that never happened and you just wanted to post that harden gif :coleman:
It actually did, and that gif was the closest thing I could find that resembles what happened. I missed the shot though.

HomieWeMajor
09-20-2014, 07:09 PM
This post explains alot.

mehyaM24
09-20-2014, 08:52 PM
mostly dude's hating and calling weak pushoffs or travel calls. in pickup games, handchecking is never called.

:roll:

Glass Ankles
09-20-2014, 08:53 PM
If someone tried that around my neighborhood, next day he would be walking sideways.

ILLsmak
09-20-2014, 09:24 PM
When I was young and naive, sure. I had my best friend trip me cuz I was driving by him easily. Shit ****ed me up for awhile, too. It hurts to get tripped when you are exploding from the triple threat.

Another friend elbowed me in the face cuz I was posting him and he was a football player so he took it to heart.

But I became more and more physical as I got older cuz I realized you gotta be. I'd rather be the one dudes getting mad at. Not gonna hurt anyone, but they are gonna wish I was matched up against someone else.

-Smak

jstern
09-21-2014, 12:09 AM
Just 30 minutes ago I was telling a guy how angry people who don't know me get when they 1st play against me. Last week, a guy was so frustrated that he would for example jump, come down, elbow me at the top of my head and call foul on me because he's in such salty denial. I can't explain it. Some people start having a mental break down. I'm very skilled because I've always been obsessed with breaking down basketball moves.

Cali Syndicate
09-21-2014, 12:25 AM

Found the token black guy.

Cali Syndicate
09-21-2014, 12:37 AM
i will get on these hot streaks every once in awhile where i won't miss or where I'm such in rythym where the game slows down and becomes so smooth. Shoots my confidence sky high. I don't get cocky or nothing but I start demanding the ball more and internally just believe that the guy in front of me wont be able to stop me. I'll stop and pop, cross him up and drive on him, triple threat shot right in his grill, whatever, I'm feeling good y'know? but every once in awhile some guy will think when i keep asking for the ball just to embarrass him, which 'm not. i'm playing basketball and that feeling where you cant miss is kinda like a high. i just want the ball.

Anyways, these occasional cats will noticeably get way more physical and I'll call a few and let some go. Funny thing is I'll passively get angry and start getting intense myself and start going hard on every possession to the point where I start gassing but instantly get my second wind. kinda garners their respect towards the end of the game. Never turns into a physical confrontation, arguments sure but nothing like a clothesline.

Thanks for reading and i hope to hear from you.

jstern
09-21-2014, 12:52 AM
You wanna know why people resort to that?? Because they know they can get away with it without any repercussions/retribution. Perhaps get into a weight training program? Give it a try.. :confusedshrug:

No. I'm talking about who was extremely frustrated because he couldn't contain me, not a guy taking cheap shots. The example that I used he hit me by mistake, but that was just one instance of a whole game.

Rake2204
09-21-2014, 01:39 AM
Damn.. some teammates you have there. :coleman:Haha. We were up by 20+ so it was kind of a "nothing to gain/everything to lose" situation. Or at least that's what I tell myself. We were a relatively passive bunch in that regard. Retaliating on a basketball court doesn't usually get anyone anywhere.

That said, I was a sophomore punk, so I tried to retaliate the very next play. Actually got a lot of ball so I wasn't exactly headhunting or anything. Sophomore Rake wished he would have gotten a better shot in but I wasn't exactly built for that type of thing.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/9-21-2014/HnhZA_.gif

dubeta
09-21-2014, 01:42 AM
For someone regarded as 'The Black Mamba" and a killer, Kobe sure does get punked a lot

Rake2204
09-21-2014, 01:59 AM
Ah.. still man, you gotta protect your guards. IMO it's acceptable in some instances.

Someone should've backdoor hard screened #60 or something. Got to be smart with it, I agree.Plot twist: The year before we graduated a 6'9'', 6'7'' and 6'6'' front line, leaving me to play power forward that season as a 15-year-old 6'2'' 165 pound sophomore. So maybe I didn't technically qualify for the guard protection act, even though that's pretty much a four guard offense at that point.

Their coach did the right thing and pulled that big feller immediately thereafter anyway. That's why I focused on one of the other guys talking a lot of junk on that next trip. Stupid move on my part, even though it looked pretty tame and nothing came of it.

This is what the guy playing my position was doing the year before, ha. Kind of a drastic turn of events from one season to the next: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csKz9i18V8c

Rake2204
09-21-2014, 02:53 AM
Highschool with 6ft 9, 6ft 7 and 6ft 6 front line.. :biggums:

They must've placed you in a lower division after those guys left.

I was pretty much the biggest dude by senior year at 6ft 4.. biggest teams I faced had one 6ft 8 or 6ft 7 guy and a few guys around my height.Stuck in the same division throughout (Class B, the second largest of four divisions in Michigan). That team with the big front line underachieved a little, I think they were 13-10. My older brother was the 6'6'' guy, and he came off the bench. They played the 6'9'' guy kind of like a small forward so my bias says it would have been most dangerous had they gone 6'9'' at SF, 6'6'' PF, and 6'7'' at center. But usually my brother just spelled the two big men off the bench.

Either way, it gave me a little bit of a complex. I came through the program watching these giants dunking on folks and my brother always killed me in 1-on-1. I figured if they could only win 13 games and my brother wasn't even a starter, a team with me at power forward had no chance. But we made it work and we did alright for ourselves.

swagga
09-21-2014, 05:00 AM
Just 30 minutes ago I was telling a guy how angry people who don't know me get when they 1st play against me. Last week, a guy was so frustrated that he would for example jump, come down, elbow me at the top of my head and call foul on me because he's in such salty denial. I can't explain it. Some people start having a mental break down. I'm very skilled because I've always been obsessed with breaking down basketball moves.

over the back isn't called?

where do you people play? I usually play at courts where the other people played at least some organized ball so I rarely see shit like this. Usually when a dude played ugly all the other people just told him to take a rest, nobody wants to get injured. Post players are a bit more physical but nothing ridiculous/dirty.

Human Error
09-21-2014, 05:38 AM

Suns up by 14. :confusedshrug:

jstern
09-21-2014, 03:24 PM
over the back isn't called?

where do you people play? I usually play at courts where the other people played at least some organized ball so I rarely see shit like this. Usually when a dude played ugly all the other people just told him to take a rest, nobody wants to get injured. Post players are a bit more physical but nothing ridiculous/dirty.

My story was about a guy who I played a one on one against, who got so overwhelmed and embarrassed that he went into a deep denial and started acting really irrational. He was in a state of panic, so afraid of losing after thinking he was going to have an easy win, that after every miss he would call foul, even if there was no contact. I gave one example where he went up for a layup, and when he came down elbowed me on the top of my head, but was in such a state of denial, due to being in a really uncomfortable situation for himself, that he called that a foul on me. That's one example of one play. He was expecting to beat me before we started playing, and was having a really hard time accepting the reality that I was significantly more skilled.

The interesting part for me is that him being in a mental state of distress, the human denial became so strong that it was easier for him to call a foul on me after he elbow me, or missed a shot without me touching him. Like a little kid looking for an excuse after being caught red handed. It's difficult to explain.

FKAri
09-21-2014, 04:47 PM
lol @ Kobe.

ralph_i_el
09-21-2014, 09:57 PM
I did a fake spin and this dude bit really hard and I got an easy layup. I got the ball on the block the next time and tried to spin baseline and he elbowed me in the face. It was an obvious foul so I threw up a lefty hook (which I never attempt) and it swished. The guy was so ****in mad but he couldn't say shit.