PDA

View Full Version : kd/westbrook question

swagga
09-21-2014, 02:46 PM
Who do you think will be more remembered in 15 years? KD or westbrook?

To me they look like a (much) less talented kobe/shaq duo, where one isn't extremely assertive but clearly more talented and dominant in the flow of the game while the other has the alpha/chucker mentality which is sometimes useful tbh.

For example many people consider kobe as being greater than shaq ... just asking.

Lebron23
09-21-2014, 02:49 PM
Durant is the Shaq/Jordan of their relationship. Unless Westbrook wins an NBA MVP, and Finals MVP while playing for another team.

swagga
09-21-2014, 03:06 PM
the question isn't about now, as the answer should be obvious. But IMO westbrook goes to LA soon and there he'll have his own team he will put up some crazy stats and plenty of highlights.

Also, fans remember alphaness more than value. E.g: barkley, iverson both were great players but they are not as valuable as malone or stockton. imo. Today they the first pair is MUCH more remembered. Fans remember players taking over and stats, they don't remember excellent steady play, professionalism, context, teammates or two way impact.

Example for stats out of context: When people compare barkley with malone they'll bring spg, bpg to say barkley is underrated defensively but they'll not bring up that barkley was attacked by design and malone wasn't or why this happened.

K Xerxes
09-21-2014, 03:10 PM
Durant. He is the better player and regardless of how 'alpha' Westbrook is, he is never going to reach the level Durant has done these past couple of seasons.

Budadiiii
09-21-2014, 03:15 PM
Westbrook doesn't have a larger than life personalty like Kobe, which is partly the reason for his popularity amongst the fans.

KD is the guy winning MVP's, and is easily the bigger name. So him.

swagga
09-21-2014, 03:20 PM
Westbrook doesn't have a larger than life personalty like Kobe, which is partly the reason for his popularity amongst the fans.

KD is the guy winning MVP's, and is easily the bigger name. So him.

:lol

Budadiiii
09-21-2014, 03:23 PM
:lol
He does?

Why doesn't ESPN talk about him more?

dubeta
09-21-2014, 03:28 PM
He does?

Why doesn't ESPN talk about him more?

theyre too busy talking about Durant's chokejobs :lol

ArbitraryWater
09-21-2014, 03:29 PM

damn :lol

http://i59.tinypic.com/ziq0io.jpg

Budadiiii
09-21-2014, 03:34 PM
No, they're busy talking about LeBron's hair plugs.

http://www.pwmania.com/wp-content/plugins/special-recent-posts/lib/phpimage.php?width=100&height=100&rotation=no&file=L2hvbWUvcHdtYW5pYS9wdWJsaWNfaHRtbC93cC1jb250Z W50L3VwbG9hZHMvMjAxNC8wOC9icm9jay1sZXNuYXItYmVsdC5 qcGc=

See?

red1
09-21-2014, 04:34 PM
http://images.christianpost.com/full/62762/barack-obama.jpg

KG215
09-21-2014, 04:50 PM
:rolleyes:

I know you're a blatant troll, probably an alt of some Kobe or Durant fanboy, but this line of attack never makes sense to me. Everyone's favorite player has playoff chokejobs so anytime you make fun of another player for their chokejobs it really makes no sense. Hell, LeBron's playoff "chokejobs" thus far are "bigger" and more memorable simply because of how epically bad he choke din the 2011 Finals.

K Xerxes
09-21-2014, 05:12 PM

I know you're a blatant troll, probably an alt of some Kobe or Durant fanboy, but this line of attack never makes sense to me. Everyone's favorite player has playoff chokejobs so anytime you make fun of another player for their chokejobs it really makes no sense. Hell, LeBron's playoff "chokejobs" thus far are "bigger" and more memorable simply because of how epically bad he choke din the 2011 Finals.

He also quit in 2010 and shat himself in 2007. Durant chokes here and then but I give him credit for putting up 25+ppg pretty much all of the time.

dubeta
09-21-2014, 05:13 PM

How many players choked 3 straight rounds in the playoffs??

i'm waiting

KG215
09-21-2014, 05:29 PM
He also quit in 2010 and shat himself in 2007. Durant chokes here and then but I give him credit for putting up 25+ppg pretty much all of the time.
Yeah, but the point is every great player has choked in the playoffs to some extent. I know stans and trolls have their go to "he choked in _______" insults, but they've never made sense to me; not when the opposing fanbase can just as easily point out chokejobs of the other player.

KG215
09-21-2014, 05:33 PM
How many players choked 3 straight rounds in the playoffs??

i'm waiting
And which three consecutive rounds did Durant choke?

You realize how f***ing stupid that is, right? Generally a player, especially of Durant's caliber, doesn't choke three straight rounds because, you know, his team is making it to at least the conference finals.

Le Shaqtus
09-21-2014, 05:42 PM

You realize how f***ing stupid that is, right? Generally a player, especially of Durant's caliber, doesn't choke three straight rounds because, you know, his team is making it to at least the conference finals.

Don't waste your breath.

dubeta
09-21-2014, 07:11 PM

Revisionist history much?

Locked down by Tony Allen in Round 1, needed a Z Bo suspension just to win. Oh and was a Reggie Jackson heroic performance away from being backdoor swept in game 4

Locked down by CP3 in Round 2, needed westbrook to average godly numbers just to beat them

And completely flamed out against the Spurs, especially in Game 6 4th quarter and overtime

The fact Durant went to the conference finals with so many chokes, shows how great his team is, and that his impact is FAR less than what his stats suggest

Every advanced metric, from fg% to PER went down drastically in the playoffs, heck he's a 90% ft shooter who shot in the 70's in the playoffs, that shows weak mentality

JT123
09-21-2014, 08:45 PM

Locked down by Tony Allen in Round 1, needed a Z Bo suspension just to win. Oh and was a Reggie Jackson heroic performance away from being backdoor swept in game 4

Locked down by CP3 in Round 2, needed westbrook to average godly numbers just to beat them

And completely flamed out against the Spurs, especially in Game 6 4th quarter and overtime

The fact Durant went to the conference finals with so many chokes, shows how great his team is, and that his impact is FAR less than what his stats suggest

Every advanced metric, from fg% to PER went down drastically in the playoffs, heck he's a 90% ft shooter who shot in the 70's in the playoffs, that shows weak mentality
:applause: Ether. This entire post is perfect, but the bolded is what stands out most to me. People wanna rag on Lebron for getting bailed out by Ray Allen on one play, but Durant was bailed out by a role player for an entire game! :facepalm It was at this moment that I realized Durant will NEVER crack my top 15. Has any other top 15 candidate been bailed out for an entire playoff game by a role player? :no:

Glass Ankles
09-21-2014, 08:49 PM
Dubeta patting himself on the back on his alts. When will this dirty sea monkey get IP banned. :lol

PsychoBe
09-21-2014, 08:49 PM
:applause: Ether. This entire post is perfect, but the bolded is what stands out most to me. People wanna rag on Lebron for getting bailed out by Ray Allen on one play, but Durant was bailed out by a role player for an entire game! :facepalm It was at this moment that I realized Durant will NEVER crack my top 15. Has any other top 15 candidate been bailed out for an entire playoff game by a role player? :no:

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/Funny%20NBA%20Record/Lebron%20James/aka%20big%20choker/lebron-james-2011-nba-final-4q.jpg

has a "top 10 goat" ever done this :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

JT123
09-21-2014, 08:53 PM
Dubeta patting himself on the back on his alts. When will this dirty sea monkey get IP banned. :lol
An alt calling a legit poster an alt? :sleeping
We all know who you are, Budadiii. Stop hiding behind this account, it's pathetic.

dubeta
09-21-2014, 11:38 PM
An alt calling a legit poster an alt? :sleeping
We all know who you are, Budadiii. Stop hiding behind this account, it's pathetic.

this

Cocaine80s
09-21-2014, 11:40 PM
Basketball wont even be relevant 15 years from now

I predict Waterpolo becomes the new major sport next to the NFL

tpols
09-21-2014, 11:45 PM
Westbrook was better in the playoffs last year..shit if it wasn't for WB the Thunder would've been out in the first round.

Spurs5Rings2014
09-22-2014, 01:23 AM
Basketball wont even be relevant 15 years from now

I predict Waterpolo becomes the new major sport next to the NFL

:crazysam:

swagga
09-22-2014, 03:49 AM
the lebron agenda in this thread :lol This shit is getting out of hand tbh.

dragic/lebronxrings/dubeta/jt321 .. this dude has ALOT of free time tbh.

JerrySeinfeld
09-22-2014, 03:52 AM
the lebron agenda in this thread :lol This shit is getting out of hand tbh.

dragic/lebronxrings/dubeta/jt321 .. this dude has ALOT of free time tbh.

One of these moderators just needs to ban him for good and be done with it.

-Jerry

Springsteen
09-22-2014, 04:36 PM

Hate to agree with a troll, but he's kinda right here. I firmly believe KD will become a top scorer all time and maybe even top 10, but I'll be damned if his ass wasn't bailed out multiple times during the playoffs last season.

swagga
09-22-2014, 05:17 PM
Hate to agree with a troll, but he's kinda right here. I firmly believe KD will become a top scorer all time and maybe even top 10, but I'll be damned if his ass wasn't bailed out multiple times during the playoffs last season.

not sure about KD. His skills will translate flawlessly as he ages BUT he seems to be frail while playing a ton of minutes. He might have a TMAC sharp decline.

GOAT scorer means GOAT longevity while being a great scorer. That a LOT of games we are talking about here. KD isn't even in the discussion. I mean, look at kobe, he's still not even close and he is basically done.

KG215
09-22-2014, 06:20 PM
No, it's not perfect. It's an incredibly stupid post, just like every single one of your posts. Or maybe they're all posts being made by the same person? Wouldn't surprise me.

JT123
09-22-2014, 06:31 PM
No, it's not perfect. It's an incredibly stupid post, just like every single one of your posts. Or maybe they're all posts being made by the same person? Wouldn't surprise me.
How about you actually address the content of his post and dispute it with facts, instead of hurling personal insults. :sleeping
Unless you can't dispute it because deep down you know he is right. :yaohappy: