PDA

View Full Version : Shaq/Dirk or Jordan/LeBron?

dubeta
09-22-2014, 01:09 AM
Which combo do you pick to start your team? All in their primes

JtotheIzzo
09-22-2014, 01:10 AM

a kick in the nuts or a punch in the face, which beating would you like before your ridiculous troll thread gets closed?

3ball
09-22-2014, 01:17 AM
I'd take Jordan/Lebron, but only after Lebron goes to Jordan's post-game camp, so he can learn an advanced post game and be a REAL power-forward and big man, not just be listed as one.

KirbyPls
09-22-2014, 01:18 AM
I'd take Jordan/Lebron, but only after Lebron goes to Jordan's post-game camp, so he can learn an advanced post game and be a REAL power-forward and big man, not just be listed as one.

Perhaps true, but the hate is palpable sir.

oarabbus
09-22-2014, 01:23 AM
Shaq/Dirk would be better.

Mr. Jabbar
09-22-2014, 01:27 AM
shaq/dirk

Milbuck
09-22-2014, 01:30 AM
If we took MJ in 1984 and dropped him on the Cavs in 2003 with Lebron...I could honestly see that duo winning every single year after 2005. There is just absolutely nobody that can top that. Not the mid 2000s Pistons, not any of the Spurs teams, not the repeat Lakers, not Dirk's Mavs, not the 2008 Celtics, absolutely no team in this era could handle that duo in a 7 game series until they start declining in their mid to late 30s and/or one of them gets severely injured. We're talking Bill Russell's Celtics level of rape on the league.

Shaq and Dirk would obviously win a bunch of rings..but I can count on Shaq being a fatass for at least a third of his career, even moreso if this is a situation without Phil to motivate and push him. And whatever advantage they may have in fit is completely negated by both of them being inferior players, Shaq to MJ and Dirk obviously to Lebron.

dubeta
09-22-2014, 01:32 AM
shaq/dirk

Finally a kobe stan realizing the importance of Shaq daddy to kobe's career :applause:

c5terror
09-22-2014, 01:34 AM

If Lebron would get back defensively and won't cry and and flop after a turnover or block that often result to fastbreak then I choose them plus lebron should learn how to box-out and has to improve his off the ball offense. If not, then I chose dirk and shaq.

dubeta
09-22-2014, 01:35 AM
If Lebron would get back defensively and won't cry and and flop after a turnover or block that often result to fastbreak then I choose them plus lebron should learn how to box-out and has to improve his off the ball offense. If not, then I chose dirk and shaq.

So basically any version of LeBron?

Mr. Jabbar
09-22-2014, 01:41 AM
jordan cant carry lebrin

wade couldn't during 2011, not saying jordan couldn't either but it aint an ez task thats for sure

JT123
09-22-2014, 01:43 AM
jordan cant carry lebrin
Probably not, but Lebron could carry Jordan. :pimp:

JerrySeinfeld
09-22-2014, 01:57 AM
Pippen was a better fit alongside Jordan than LeBron would be.

But you still never go against Jordan, so I'll say Jordan/LeBron.

Milbuck
09-22-2014, 02:14 AM
Pippen was a better fit alongside Jordan than LeBron would be.
How exactly? They'd both play a point-forward role, except Lebron is better at pretty much everything offensively while being bigger, faster, stronger, and all around more physically gifted.

Defensively their trapping defense probably won't be as good as it was with Pippen..but honestly, you never know. A lot of Jordan's intensity and effort rubbed off on Pippen as he was developing as a player. If it does for Lebron, who knows how good Bron/MJ could be defensively..

JerrySeinfeld
09-22-2014, 02:34 AM
How exactly? They'd both play a point-forward role, except Lebron is better at pretty much everything offensively while being bigger, faster, stronger, and all around more physically gifted.

Defensively their trapping defense probably won't be as good as it was with Pippen..but honestly, you never know. A lot of Jordan's intensity and effort rubbed off on Pippen as he was developing as a player. If it does for Lebron, who knows how good Bron/MJ could be defensively..

Pippen is miles better of a defender than LeBron is. And I ain't about to speculate about intensity rubbing off on other people. To me thats either something you have or don't. And while he is a good point forward is also better at working off ball and wouldn't stall ball movement like LeBron likely would.

Pippen is underrated on here. People should look at what he did the year Jordan was playing baseball.

Jordan never won anything without Pippen.

Milbuck
09-22-2014, 02:52 AM
Pippen is miles better of a defender than LeBron is. And I ain't about to speculate about intensity rubbing off on other people. To me thats either something you have or don't. And while he is a good point forward is also better at working off ball and wouldn't stall ball movement like LeBron likely would.

Pippen is underrated on here. People should look at what he did the year Jordan was playing baseball.
Over their careers? Absolutely. But peak v peak, the gap really isn't that huge. Lebron at his absolute best defensively, around 2012ish, when 100% focused and engaged, was just a hair below DPOY level. He was one of the few guys like MJ and Pippen who had legitimate big man impact defensively as a wing player. Again, Pippen was surely better defensively..but are we to say MJ had ZERO influence on him as he developed? Or that Lebron, developing with MJ as a teammate, wouldn't pick up any of MJ's defensive tendencies/mentality/tenacity? Also, Lebron has historically been at his best defensively when he hasn't had to shoulder such a ridiculous burden offensively. With the GOAT on his team, he would be able to exert 100% effort on a game-to-game basis. Defensively, Lebron/MJ could just under, as good, or even better. We have no way to predict how Lebron would develop defensively alongside Jordan.

And it's not a matter of underrating Pippen..I completely understand what a ****ing monster he was, especially when he was the #1 with Jordan retired.

It's just that Lebron is on a completely different level. He's the better ball handler, the better playmaker/passer, the better attacker/finisher at the rim, as of recent years the more effective post up player, and again as of recent years Lebron has been a great shooter. I just don't see how a much inferior player with a similar style is a better fit with MJ..the only thing Pippen has going for him in the "fit" department offensively is that he's so obviously below MJ, but still an elite player, that the duo was incredibly effective but still had clearly defined roles.

As for the part about Lebron stalling ball movement...we can't base these judgements on how Lebron's game is right now. If we're imagining him on a team with MJ from the start..the development is completely different from how he developed as the sole superstar. So we gotta look at Lebron's pure abilities with respect to the hypothetical, not the habits he's developed in reality.

JerrySeinfeld
09-22-2014, 02:56 AM
Over their careers? Absolutely. But peak v peak, the gap really isn't that huge. Lebron at his absolute best defensively, around 2012ish, when 100% focused and engaged, was just a hair below DPOY level. He was one of the few guys like MJ and Pippen who had legitimate big man impact defensively as a wing player. Again, Pippen was surely better defensively..but are we to say MJ had ZERO influence on him as he developed? Or that Lebron, developing with MJ as a teammate, wouldn't pick up any of MJ's defensive tendencies/mentality/tenacity? Also, Lebron has historically been at his best defensively when he hasn't had to shoulder such a ridiculous burden offensively. With the GOAT on his team, he would be able to exert 100% effort on a game-to-game basis. Defensively, Lebron/MJ could just under, as good, or even better. We have no way to predict how Lebron would develop defensively alongside Jordan.

And it's not a matter of underrating Pippen..I completely understand what a ****ing monster he was, especially when he was the #1 with Jordan retired.

It's just that Lebron is on a completely different level. He's the better ball handler, the better playmaker/passer, the better attacker/finisher at the rim, as of recent years the more effective post up player, and again as of recent years Lebron has been a great shooter. I just don't see how a much inferior player with a similar style is a better fit with MJ..the only thing Pippen has going for him in the "fit" department offensively is that he's so obviously below MJ, but still an elite player, that the duo was incredibly effective but still had clearly defined roles.

As for the part about Lebron stalling ball movement...we can't base these judgements on how Lebron's game is right now. If we're imagining him on a team with MJ from the start..the development is completely different from how he developed as the sole superstar. So we gotta look at Lebron's pure abilities with respect to the hypothetical, not the habits he's developed in reality.

Some good points overall, but all I know is this:

MJ and Pippen went 6/6 in the Finals.

LeBron and Wade went 2/4 in the Finals and one of those years Wade was even better than LeBron.

I love LeBron but Pippen gets super underrated around here for how good of a teammate, leader, defender, and second option he was. Sometimes the better talent won't always mean better results.

oarabbus
09-22-2014, 03:07 AM
This is silly. Lebron is a higher caliber of player than Pippen is. It doesn't matter what your scenario is, LeBron > Pippen. Period.

JerrySeinfeld
09-22-2014, 03:10 AM
This is silly. Lebron is a higher caliber of player than Pippen is. It doesn't matter what your scenario is, LeBron > Pippen. Period.

No duo has ever been as dominant in any sport than Jordan and Pippen were in there primes, and you'd change that for a player who had a year where in his prime, he couldn't even win as the second option to a Jordan lite in Wade?

What?

You're foolish.

-Jerry

oarabbus
09-22-2014, 03:12 AM
No duo has ever been as dominant in any sport than Jordan and Pippen were in there primes, and you'd change that for a player who had a year where in his prime, he couldn't even win as the second option to a Jordan lite in Wade?

What?

You're foolish.

-Jerry

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Lebron >>>> Pippen. Not debatable.

JerrySeinfeld
09-22-2014, 03:13 AM
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Lebron >>>> Pippen. Not debatable.

Well it's a good thing thats not what we're debating.

-Jerry

oarabbus
09-22-2014, 03:13 AM
Well it's a good thing thats not what we're debating.

-Jerry

Lebron + Jordan > Jordan + Pippen, too.

JerrySeinfeld
09-22-2014, 03:15 AM
Lebron + Jordan > Jordan + Pippen, too.

So LeBron and Jordan would have went 7/7 or 8/8 in the Finals?

-Jerry

dubeta
09-22-2014, 03:16 AM

-Jerry

Depends if Jordan could accept the sidekick role

Milbuck
09-22-2014, 03:16 AM

-Jerry
The Bulls draft Lebron in 1987 in place of Pippen. Which of the original 6 championship years do they not win in with Lebron? And do they not win in any year outside of that as well?

JerrySeinfeld
09-22-2014, 03:20 AM
The Bulls draft Lebron in 1987 in place of Pippen. Which of the original 6 championship years do they not win in with Lebron? And do they not win in any year outside of that as well?

I don't know. Does LeBron pull a 2011 at any point here? Does he throw a finals series where the game is already locked up but he starts trying to statpad to not lose out on a Finals MVP?

I love LeBron but he's not perfect. Pippen as a sidekick, was as perfect as it gets.

Anyways thats the thing here. We don't know. All we know is that Jordan and Pippen were the most dominant duo in sports history and in addition we can see the countless quotes from teammates about just how good of a leader and teammate Pippen was.

Here in Miami we've seen LeBron rip apart guys like Chalmers and Chalmers recently spoke out about it, basically saying he felt like he wasn't involved because "someone" else was playing for his own stats in the playoffs.

Pippen was a great leader who wouldn't do that. He was much more of an encourager who would build everyone up but most importantly he was someone who played intense defense for the WHOLE 48 MINUTES of a ball game, and you don't have to say something like "well he played good defense in THIS YEAR, so maybe he'd do it more often if he played alongside MJ" either.

It's amazing how underrated Pippen is on here.

-Jerry

Milbuck
09-22-2014, 03:24 AM
I don't know. Does LeBron pull a 2011 at any point here? Does he throw a finals series where the game is already locked up but he starts trying to statpad to not lose out on a Finals MVP?

I love LeBron but he's not perfect. Pippen as a sidekick, was as perfect as it gets.

Anyways thats the thing here. We don't know. All we know is that Jordan and Pippen were the most dominant duo in sports history and in addition we can see the countless quotes from teammates about just how good of a leader and teammate Pippen was.

Here in Miami we've seen LeBron rip apart guys like Chalmers and Chalmers recently spoke out about it, basically saying he felt like he wasn't involved because "someone" else was playing for his own stats in the playoffs.

Pippen was a great leader who wouldn't do that. He was much more of an encourager who would build everyone up but most importantly he was someone who played intense defense for the WHOLE 48 MINUTES of a ball game, and you don't have to say something like "well he played good defense in THIS YEAR, so maybe he'd do it more often if he played alongside MJ" either.

It's amazing how underrated Pippen is on here.

-Jerry
I don't know, I'm asking you. Predict how it plays out. Gimme a number. How many rings does an MJ/Lebron duo win with Lebron being drafted in 87 in place of Pippen?

JerrySeinfeld
09-22-2014, 03:26 AM
I don't know, I'm asking you. Predict how it plays out. Gimme a number. How many rings does an MJ/Lebron duo win with Lebron being drafted in 87 in place of Pippen?

I have absolutely no idea. It's not even set in stone that LeBron would stay as the sidekick to Jordan.

All we know is that Pippen was the perfect sidekick for the Bulls and to change that for someone like LeBron who very possibly could throw the chemistry off or even leave the team altogether would be stupid.

c5terror
09-22-2014, 03:37 AM

Lebron is afraid of physical play and physical contact, often cry if he doesn't get the call and the worst, he'll just stand there and doesn't get back on D.

MJ/Pippen produce tons of 2nd chance point by fighting on the offensive board.
And PIPPEN>LEBRON...don't let stat blind you.

JerrySeinfeld
09-22-2014, 03:40 AM
One thing we all know about LeBron is that he loves the attention.

I just don't see him doing all the dirty work that Pippen did while being fine with Jordan getting all the glory.

Pippen had the absence of ego and a motor that was insane. He didn't take plays off on defense and everything he did off the court was to boost up his teammates and keep morale high... Meanwhile LeBron took basically the whole year off on defense last year and still was begging for the DPOY to the media...

-Jerry

c5terror
09-22-2014, 03:42 AM

Jordan won't, but Lebron will. Since Lebron will be passive 70% of the time and and often choke in the 4th so it would be MJ 1st option and Lebron 2nd option

TheMilkyBarKid
09-22-2014, 04:37 AM
Lebron is afraid of physical play and physical contact, often cry if he doesn't get the call and the worst, he'll just stand there and doesn't get back on D.

LeBron has played in a significantly different league to Pippen. LeBron himself has stated that if he played in the 80's he would "come up swinging," if defenders got overly physical with him.

c5terror
09-22-2014, 05:11 AM
LeBron has played in a significantly different league to Pippen. LeBron himself has stated that if he played in the 80's he would "come up swinging," if defenders got overly physical with him.

nah he will just do the rolling thunder move on another level

like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg2TA_zcCxY

aj1987
09-22-2014, 06:01 AM
:facepalm @ the posters in this thread. Are you idiots seriously saying that Pip > LeBron? :facepalm

Shaq/Dirk would >> Jordan/LeBron.

Inactive
09-22-2014, 09:52 AM
Shaq/Dirk.

SuperCereal
09-22-2014, 10:23 AM
Niqqa/Cracker

G0ATbe
09-22-2014, 10:24 AM
Kobe/Durant.

tpols
09-22-2014, 11:03 AM
:facepalm @ the posters in this thread. Are you idiots seriously saying that Pip > LeBron? :facepalm

Shaq/Dirk would >> Jordan/LeBron.

No.. theyre saying pippen is a better fit with jordan. Has nothing to do with a comparison of pippen and lebron. If someone asked whether a prime ray allen/reggie miller or a prime dwayne wade would be a better fit with lebron it would clearly be reggie/ray although prime wade was easily the better player.

I swear to god.. everyone thinks you can just mash pieces together and add up stats.. its retarded. Dirk and shaq are literally the PERFECT fit.. one dominant low post high usage guy with the greatest big man shooter/floor spacer of all time.. being compared to two ball dominanat perimeter players who both want their share of the dribbling/scoring opportunities.. this is an easy choice.

Glass Ankles
09-22-2014, 11:49 AM
No.. theyre saying pippen is a better fit with jordan. Has nothing to do with a comparison of pippen and lebron. If someone asked whether a prime ray allen/reggie miller or a prime dwayne wade would be a better fit with lebron it would clearly be reggie/ray although prime wade was easily the better player.

I swear to god.. everyone thinks you can just mash pieces together and add up stats.. its retarded. Dirk and shaq are literally the PERFECT fit.. one dominant low post high usage guy with the greatest big man shooter/floor spacer of all time.. being compared to two ball dominanat perimeter players who both want their share of the dribbling/scoring opportunities.. this is an easy choice.
:applause:

Posters like Milbuck seem like young fans that don't understand the intricacies of basketball. They think adding individual stats together somehow makes an unstoppable combination. Same naive kids that thought the Lakers were a championship lock with Nash, Kobe, Gasol and Howard.

We saw Lebron with a SG of Jordan's caliber, or as close to it as possible. One of the greatest Finals performers in prime Wade. And what happened? Lebron couldn't handle someone else outshining him and just crawled in his shell and turned into a passive role player. Lebron HAS to be the main ball handler and has to have everything run through him, with Jordan next to him he would never get such an opportunity and would just sabotage the team when he realizes Jordan is the better player.

Jlamb47
09-22-2014, 11:55 AM
Shaq/Dirk offensivley would be crazy, post game and stretch 4 but the defense is what i worry about.

Lebron and Jordan is a great combo, but Lebron isnt the best player when hes off ball. I rather have ball in Jordans hands.

StephHamann
09-22-2014, 12:14 PM
Kobe>Dirk and Shaq/Kobe only won three

Lebron=Pippen + Jordan Pippen/Jordan won 6 in a tougher era

easily Jordan/Lebron

Sarcastic
09-22-2014, 12:24 PM
The one with Jordan.

CeltsGarlic
09-22-2014, 12:31 PM
Instadirk

ArbitraryWater
09-22-2014, 12:41 PM
LeBron pulling a 2011 Finals series wouldn't even matter with MJ on the team :confusedshrug:

oarabbus
09-22-2014, 01:47 PM

:roll:

Milbuck
09-22-2014, 02:13 PM
:applause:

Posters like Milbuck seem like young fans that don't understand the intricacies of basketball. They think adding individual stats together somehow makes an unstoppable combination. Same naive kids that thought the Lakers were a championship lock with Nash, Kobe, Gasol and Howard.

We saw Lebron with a SG of Jordan's caliber, or as close to it as possible. One of the greatest Finals performers in prime Wade. And what happened? Lebron couldn't handle someone else outshining him and just crawled in his shell and turned into a passive role player. Lebron HAS to be the main ball handler and has to have everything run through him, with Jordan next to him he would never get such an opportunity and would just sabotage the team when he realizes Jordan is the better player.
You clearly have zero idea about player development, and lack the ability to think from a different perspective.

Obviously if you took Lebron as the ball-dominant, high-usage player he is today, and dropped him on the Bulls in 1987..there would be an adjustment period. But they'd eventually get it together. But if he was DRAFTED by the Bulls as a rookie like Pippen in 1987, and he developed his game alongside Jordan…it’s retarded to suggest his game wouldn’t adapt at all, that they definitively wouldn’t build any chemistry.

We’re talking about a guy who plays point-forward…just like Pippen. Except, obviously, that he’s better at just about EVERYTHING offensively compared to Pippen, while being an even bigger physical freak.

And just LOL at 2011 Wade being “a SG of Jordan’s caliber”

And I’m the young fan that doesn’t understand the intricacies of basketball. What a ****ing joke :oldlol:

Glass Ankles
09-22-2014, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=Milbuck]You clearly have zero idea about player development, and lack the ability to think from a different perspective.

Obviously if you took Lebron as the ball-dominant, high-usage player he is today, and dropped him on the Bulls in 1987..there would be an adjustment period. But they'd eventually get it together. But if he was DRAFTED by the Bulls as a rookie like Pippen in 1987, and he developed his game alongside Jordan

scm5
09-22-2014, 02:28 PM
In today's league I would take Shaq/Dirk. There are no centers in today's game that can come even remotely close to Shaq. Then you have just about the perfect big to compliment him (offensively).

The duo would just destroy the league and you wouldn't need much in terms of perimeter players to compliment them. Players that can play solid defense and make decent entry passes.

Milbuck
09-22-2014, 02:39 PM
Except then that wouldn't be Lebron James we know today, if he was drafted alongside Jordan he would never get to DEVELOP those offensive skills, at least not to an elite level he currently has. He would never get the keys to the team like in Cleveland, he would never be free to do whatever he wants. And if he played in the physical 90s with that competition he wouldn't have such an easy road. He wouldn't be Lebron James, he would be someone else.

You are taking the juvenile video game approach with an optimistic mindset, thinking EVERYTHING will work out perfectly. Jordan will be Jordan and Lebron will magically turn into a less ball dominant but STILL just as effective monster that won't shrink under pressure and quit. Someone that will display Pippen's defensive intensity and willingness to sacrifice stats for wins just because Jordan "rubbed off on him". :oldlol:

Does that sound like a realistic hypothetical or ignorant ramblings of a teenager?

And you think Peak Wade isn't in the same tier as Jordan? Not even close? He is one of the greatest Finals performers of all time, 2nd only to Jordan as far as SGs go. The fact you downplay Wade's greatness just to prop up Lebron shows me you are nothing but just another mindless Bron stan throwing his former teammates under the bus. No wonder in every discussion you try your hardest to suck his nuts clean, shoulda seen it sooner. :facepalm
Right, because no one could see Lebron's natural ability and skills before he was drafted, the Bulls organization and coaching staff would make ZERO effort to play to his strengths and hone his natural playmaking skills, right?

It's not like Lebron was the #1 pick and the most hyped high school basketball prospect ever :oldlol:

Again, you have zero idea about player development.

And also, how the **** did a vastly inferior player to Lebron in Pippen develop into a terrific point-forward and playmaker for the Bulls?

2011 Wade wasn't peak Wade. And any year after that, it's not even ****ing close. Suggesting any version of Big 3-era Wade is on prime Jordan's level is delusion of the highest order.

Glass Ankles
09-22-2014, 02:46 PM
Right, because no one could see Lebron's natural ability and skills before he was drafted, the Bulls organization and coaching staff would make ZERO effort to play to his strengths and hone his natural playmaking skills, right?

It's not like Lebron was the #1 pick and the most hyped high school basketball prospect ever :oldlol:

Again, you have zero idea about player development.

And also, how the **** did a vastly inferior player to Lebron in Pippen develop into a terrific point-forward and playmaker for the Bulls?

2011 Wade wasn't peak Wade. And any year after that, it's not even ****ing close. Suggesting any version of Big 3-era Wade is on prime Jordan's level is delusion of the highest order.

Your reading comprehension is just laughable. I just pointed out how he wouldn't develop into the same Lebron James when there was already an alpha dog like Jordan on his team. He wouldn't ever get the opportunity to without handling the ball as much as in Cleveland. But of course you overlook that and go with the same idiotic thought process in which Lebron still ends up as MVP 30 PER Lebron with Jordan on his team.

Just another waste of spermatozoids busted inside a low IQ woman. Lestans...:facepalm

http://i.imgur.com/t4PS7yy.gif

Milbuck
09-22-2014, 02:48 PM
This dipshit really thinks Lebron would be nothing more than Pippen in the 90s playing with Jordan :oldlol:

dubeta
09-22-2014, 02:52 PM
Glass Ankles straight retarded :roll: :roll:

Glass Ankles
09-22-2014, 02:57 PM
This dipshit really thinks Lebron would be nothing more than Pippen in the 90s playing with Jordan :oldlol:
I been here longer than you rookie, you must be another one of Dubeta's alts. Multiple personality disorder chump. :oldlol:

tpols
09-22-2014, 02:59 PM
LeBron pulling a 2011 Finals series wouldn't even matter with MJ on the team :confusedshrug:
It wouldn't because mj would be a 35+ ppg in the finals w/ clutchness but lebron would never come close to a FMVP next to him and would get scottie pippen title just like scottie pippen did. Legacy wise he's lucky he didn't play with mj.

Milbuck
09-22-2014, 03:03 PM
I been here longer than you rookie, you must be another one of Dubeta's alts. Multiple personality disorder chump. :oldlol:
You got me. I'm the biggest Lebron stan on here.

JerrySeinfeld
09-22-2014, 03:06 PM
LeBron wouldn't be "more" than Pippen as in what?

Pippen was an exceptional leader, highly selfless, and one of the greatest defenders of all time. He also was much better at taking care of the basketball than LeBron was in addition to being better at working off ball.

It's really not a stretch at all to say that Jordan and Pippen were better than Jordan and LeBron would be, all things considered. Wing star pairings don't usually work, but Pippen was the PERFECT compliment to Jordan, both with his on the court play and with his off the court personality.

-Jerry

dubeta
09-22-2014, 03:07 PM
I think we all know dubeta is a blatant troll gimmick.. but Milbuck from what I can tell is a quality poster.

Damn bro, that hurt :(

Glass Ankles
09-22-2014, 03:07 PM
You got me. I'm the biggest Lebron stan on here.

At least you admit it, 1st step towards recovery is acceptance.

:cheers:

Glass Ankles
09-22-2014, 03:08 PM
I think we all know dubeta is a blatant troll gimmick.. but Milbuck from what I can tell is a quality poster.
You never know here, everyone has so many alts.

dubeta
09-22-2014, 03:09 PM
You never know here, everyone has so many alts.

the irony :lol

Beastmode88
09-22-2014, 03:11 PM

LOL then they would never win a finals. If Jordan deferred to Lebron they'll lose every close game in the 4th quarter.

dubeta
09-22-2014, 03:18 PM
LOL then they would never win a finals. If Jordan deferred to Lebron they'll lose every close game in the 4th quarter.

Shouldnt u be working in Mcd's right now little boy?

Leave the discussions for the big boys to argue

dubeta
09-22-2014, 03:26 PM
I thought flipping burgers was 20Four's line? :kobe:

Damn you just exposed me! :eek:

Shhh let's keep this a secret

Glass Ankles
09-22-2014, 03:28 PM
With the amount of obsession you have with alts.. and the post to date joined ratio (you've doubled your post count in 24hours (http://i.imgur.com/EOWgFTv.png) ) leaves me to believe that you're an ALT yourself brah.
I just came back from a year in Europe. My account got activated months before, but I still have no ability to create threads, view profiles or even rep. I tried creating a new account since I figured this one isn't even fully functioning but registration was closed. Basically ended up sticking with this one and decided to post more.

Glass Ankles
09-22-2014, 03:35 PM
Just don't post about others having alts (given again the positive indicators).. and you'll do fine I'm sure. Take it easy.
Ok thanks. You seem like a genuinely kind hearted Lebron fan. :rockon:

I actually think Dubeta/JT123 is a Kobe stan trying to make everyone hate Lebron. His style is way too obvious. Lot of the Kobe fanatics stopped posting and some may have gone to the dark side to try and raise a Lebron hate club. He is the opposite of Godbe/Kobe123/PsychoBe/WhateverBe.

dubeta
09-22-2014, 03:36 PM
Ok thanks. You seem like a genuinely kind hearted Lebron fan. :rockon:

I actually think Dubeta/JT123 is a Kobe stan trying to make everyone hate Lebron. His style is way too obvious. Lot of the Kobe fanatics stopped posting and some may have gone to the dark side to try and raise a Lebron hate club. He is the opposite of Godbe/Kobe123/PsychoBe/WhateverBe.

I'm actually a Durant Stan but close enough

Glass Ankles
09-22-2014, 03:40 PM
I'm actually a Durant Stan but close enough
Must be Joyner. He stopped posting for a while. :lol

Rose'sACL
09-22-2014, 04:21 PM

Jordan never won anything without Pippen.
Lebron has never had as small of offensive burden as pippen.
Both lebron and Jordan are at least a couple of tiers above pippen. Guarding pfs requires a lot of energy that a 25+ ppg scorer just can't have for the whole game unless the player is a big .

oarabbus
09-22-2014, 04:36 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

You better quit while you're behind...

aj1987
09-22-2014, 05:07 PM

I would take prime Wade over prime Allen to play with LeBron in a heartbeat.

Dirk and shaq are literally the PERFECT fit.. one dominant low post high usage guy with the greatest big man shooter/floor spacer of all time.. being compared to two ball dominanat perimeter players who both want their share of the dribbling/scoring opportunities.. this is an easy choice.
MJ is a great off-ball player though. They could actually surprise people if they worked out a plan to co-exist.

Still, Shaq/Dirk would probably one of the GOAT duos of all time.

SamuraiSWISH
09-22-2014, 06:46 PM
Jordan, and LeBron. Obviously.

Soundwave
09-22-2014, 06:54 PM
Normally I would take the big man first, but Jordan is the exception, he's kind of like a cheat code in a video game because of his clutch play and ability to tip the scales in close games.

Besides Shaq has played with players as good as Dirk before (Kobe, Wade, Penny wasn't too far off), so it's not like him playing with Dirk would be some revelation.

LeBron is considerably better than Pippen though.

I think Shaq + Dirk would win 4-5 titles, Shaq won 4 with Kobe + Wade.

But Jordan + LeBron would win 6-7 minimum, maybe as many as 10-11.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-22-2014, 07:06 PM
Dirk and Shaq would be a helluva duo, but Bron and Jordan is just too good to pass up. That would be Wade and LeBron on steroids and growth hormone. :oldlol:

SamuraiSWISH
09-22-2014, 07:21 PM
LeBron is super Pippen. On steroids. Even down to the chemistry perspective of having the ability to be a willing submissive as a Beta. Yet unlike Pippen, he has much superior offensive skills. He could even run point, and he's one of the few athletic freaks as durable as Jordan. Simply doesn't miss games.

Jordan could just be Mike, play the same roll he did with Scottie. Play off the ball. Maybe even have less scoring burden considering LeBron is a near 30 ppg caliber scorer as well. He could conserve his energy for 4th quarter scoring when the game gets tough, and his clutch ability when LeBron is likely to disappear.

http://929theticket.com/files/2014/06/lebron-jordan.jpg

Tell me that doesn't look menacing

Mr Exlax
09-22-2014, 07:26 PM
Give me the bigs

tpols
09-22-2014, 08:49 PM
I would take prime Wade over prime Allen to play with LeBron in a heartbeat.

MJ is a great off-ball player though. They could actually surprise people if they worked out a plan to co-exist.

Still, Shaq/Dirk would probably one of the GOAT duos of all time.

Shaq and dirk would be better for long term success than Kobe and shaq.. for one dirk is ego-less unselfish and a better long range shooter than kobe.. which would stretch the floor and make defenders pay even more for doubling shaq. Dirk would never butt heads.. he would accept a second option role no problem.

I just see a lot of problems with lebron mj.. Bron wouldn't want to stick around losing FMVP every year.. he'll we saw him blatantly throw a series because his teammate wa about to win it once.. now he's sticking around to lose it 3-4 times in a row? Eh don't see it.

dubeta
09-22-2014, 08:52 PM
LeBron is super Pippen. On steroids. Even down to the chemistry perspective of having the ability to be a willing submissive as a Beta. Yet unlike Pippen, he has much superior offensive skills. He could even run point, and he's one of the few athletic freaks as durable as Jordan. Simply doesn't miss games.

Jordan could just be Mike, play the same roll he did with Scottie. Play off the ball. Maybe even have less scoring burden considering LeBron is a near 30 ppg caliber scorer as well. He could conserve his energy for 4th quarter scoring when the game gets tough, and his clutch ability when LeBron is likely to disappear.

:no:

LeBron is arguably the most clutch player in NBA history, look at his elimination game and game 7 numbers

Paul George 24
09-23-2014, 01:23 AM
shaq/dirk,because of lebron:oldlol:

Paul George 24
09-23-2014, 01:25 AM

lebron is luckily he plays in current erA :rockon:

aj1987
09-23-2014, 02:25 AM
Shaq and dirk would be better for long term success than Kobe and shaq.. for one dirk is ego-less unselfish and a better long range shooter than kobe.. which would stretch the floor and make defenders pay even more for doubling shaq. Dirk would never butt heads.. he would accept a second option role no problem.

I just see a lot of problems with lebron mj.. Bron wouldn't want to stick around losing FMVP every year.. he'll we saw him blatantly throw a series because his teammate wa about to win it once.. now he's sticking around to lose it 3-4 times in a row? Eh don't see it.
I agree with you on all points. Shaw and Dirk would be an amazing duo. Probably one of the GOAT duos. Still, I don't think LeBron/MJ would be as bad as you make it out to be. LeBron made 4 Finals and won 2 rings with a hobbled Wade (for 3 years). Imagine what he'd do with one of the GOAT perimeter defenders and arguably the GOAT scorer. Basically Wade on some superhuman serum or some shit. Dude was also the master of midrange. They would get owned by Shaq/Dirk though. If MJ joined LeBron in Cleveland in '03 as a rookie, that duo would probably win 10 of the last 11 titles (losing to only the '04 Pistons in their rookie year).

Also, LeBron didn't "throw" the series. He choked his ass off.

Milbuck
09-23-2014, 02:37 AM
I agree with you on all points. Shaw and Dirk would be an amazing duo. Probably one of the GOAT duos. Still, I don't think LeBron/MJ would be as bad as you make it out to be. LeBron made 4 Finals and won 2 rings with a hobbled Wade (for 3 years). Imagine what he'd do with one of the GOAT perimeter defenders and arguably the GOAT scorer. Basically Wade on some superhuman serum or some shit. Dude was also the master of midrange. They would get owned by Shaq/Dirk though. If MJ joined LeBron in Cleveland in '03 as a rookie, that duo would probably win 10 of the last 11 titles (losing to only the '04 Pistons in their rookie year).

Also, LeBron didn't "throw" the series. He choked his ass off.
Glad to know I'm not the only one baffled by the "Lebron and MJ wouldn't be a good fit" arguments.

oarabbus
09-23-2014, 02:42 AM
Glad to know I'm not the only one baffled by the "Lebron and MJ wouldn't be a good fit" arguments.

It's just wrong. The idea that Jordan and Pippen won 6 rings, but Jordan and Lebron would maybe win 3 or 4 rings, is some straight Twilight zone shit. People be OD'ing on Pippen highlight vids before they're posing here.

Next, they're going to say replace Bill Russell with Bill Cartwright and you win less rings, or replacing Steve Kerr with Reggie Miller would ruin the "fit" :lol

Milbuck
09-23-2014, 02:55 AM
It's just wrong. The idea that Jordan and Pippen won 6 rings, but Jordan and Lebron would maybe win 3 or 4 rings, is some straight Twilight zone shit. People be OD'ing on Pippen highlight vids before they're posing here.

Next, they're going to say replace Bill Russell with Bill Cartwright and you win less rings, or replacing Steve Kerr with Reggie Miller would ruin the "fit" :lol
People have the cliche argument of "you can't just throw talent together" ingrained so deeply into their heads that it sometimes blinds them to the very real possibility of talent AND fit.

There is a very specific skill set that can thrive playing alongside Jordan...and Lebron just so happens to be the best player ever with that exact skill set. He's a ridiculous athlete that can run with MJ in transition, whether as an orchestrator or as a finisher. He has the size and skills to either post up or stretch the floor at a high level at the 4, opening up the game for MJ on the perimeter in a way Pippen just can't. Obviously, he can run an offense and set up teammates as a legitimate point-forward. He has one of the highest defensive ceilings ever from a physical standpoint, and we've seen a huge part of it in action at his peak around 2012ish...could you imagine an MJ/Bron duo defensively if MJ's defensive intensity and ruthlessness rubbed off on Lebron? Good god.

Lebron and MJ are two of the most versatile players ever, if not THE most versatile players ever for their respective positions. And in terms of understanding the game, they're both basketball geniuses. To suggest that they wouldn't be able to balance their games, which are quite different, is just ludicrous.

You'd think we were talking about an Iverson/Starbury duo or something :oldlol:

SHAQisGOAT
09-23-2014, 02:59 AM
I think Shaq had the GOAT peak but Jordan's extremely close and has a top5 peak, plus LeBron had a better peak than Dirk... stilll, gimme Shaq/Dirk because they complement each other really well, because Shaq was dominant af and unstoppable, and because they're bigs.

backb0ard
09-23-2014, 05:08 AM
A really great perimeter defense team on zone defense would limit Lebron/Jordan. 90s Bulls would defeat that teamup easily (Yeah 2 jordans, but what the hell).

How the hell do you defend against Shaq/Dirk? Even 99 Spurs or 04 Pistons wouldn't stop that.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-23-2014, 05:10 AM
No frontcourt in history is stopping Shaq/Dirk
gimme them

SamuraiSWISH
09-23-2014, 02:35 PM
No frontcourt in history is stopping Shaq/Dirk
gimme them
Not if you make Dirk play defense, or bring Shaq out on the pick and roll. Lazy ass defender. That duo has more holes than Jordan / LeBron on both sides of the rock. You could surround the latter with niche shooters, and hustle dorks yet still win. Ala the 90s Bulls. Shaq / Dirk still need quality guard play to get them the ball.

dubeta
09-23-2014, 02:51 PM
Damn this thread became more popular than I anticipated

it really is a tough question when you think about it

Do you go with the 1a 1b GOAT players, or go with size with one of them having arguably the most dominant peak ever?

decisions desicions

ArbitraryWater
09-23-2014, 04:45 PM

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/14/14d0bbeab29ff9c2387cd4e439a459837f9042194293ef1cf3 50495d78e58815.jpg

----

Just think about the defense when each of the 2 can conserve their effort, and go max out effort when it matters :eek:

DAYUM

dh144498
09-23-2014, 05:21 PM
Shaq/Dirk

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-24-2014, 06:33 PM
Not if you make Dirk play defense, or bring Shaq out on the pick and roll. Lazy ass defender. That duo has more holes than Jordan / LeBron on both sides of the rock. You could surround the latter with niche shooters, and hustle dorks yet still win. Ala the 90s Bulls. Shaq / Dirk still need quality guard play to get them the ball.
I didnt say theyd stop anyone. But defensively even a Hakeem/DRob or Hakeem/KG or Hakeem/Duncan frontcourt is gonna get murdered by them. Theres no guarding them while MJ/Lebron can be guarded