PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think Houston will miss the playoffs?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-22-2014, 02:03 AM
I dont think they make it............they lost too much. Not great players besides Parson but they havent made up for the lost pieces. Hardon is a top 25 player and Fright isnt top 10 player anymore and if either one gets injured long enough its done for em

JerrySeinfeld
09-22-2014, 02:04 AM
Houston is a big market and Harden and Howard are both considered "stars," so no.

Cocaine80s
09-22-2014, 02:05 AM
Pelicans could make it over them tbh

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-22-2014, 02:07 AM
Pelicans could make it over them tbh
i think so and a healthy memphis is a 55 win team
Dallas got better too

Milbuck
09-22-2014, 02:08 AM
Nah, they're a lock.

****ing LOL

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-22-2014, 02:11 AM
Nah, they're a lock.

****ing LOL
No theyre not
Spurs, OKC and Clips are the only locks.

JerrySeinfeld
09-22-2014, 02:12 AM
No theyre not
Spurs, OKC and Clips are the only locks.

Nobody is a lock in the Western Conference. Every team is a contender.

Cocaine80s
09-22-2014, 02:12 AM
Nobody is a lock in the Western Conference. Every team is a contender.
:biggums:

LongLiveTheKing
09-22-2014, 02:16 AM
They may lose out too the Pelicans, the only way the Rockets get in is if they're a 7 or 8 seed.

imnew09
09-22-2014, 02:26 AM
Lakers will take the playoff spot this year :bowdown:

I<3NBA
09-22-2014, 02:27 AM
they haven't replaced their coach. so yes.

Cold soul
09-22-2014, 02:29 AM
Houston will most likely make it as 6th-8th seed.

Smook A.
09-22-2014, 02:55 AM
Houston will most likely make it as 6th-8th seed.
This.

I still feel like they can make it.

livingby3's
09-22-2014, 04:24 AM
Watch the Suns get in

All Net
09-22-2014, 04:55 AM
The west is great so yeah they could.

Spaulding
09-22-2014, 11:44 AM
It is possible that's for sure. But they will most likely make it as low seed.

Only western teams who don't have to worry are OKC. Clippers and Spurs.

fpliii
09-22-2014, 11:47 AM
People really don't like CP3 and Dwight, and generally pick against them at the beginning of the year. I think the Clippers have a shot at a top 2 seed, and Houston might finish top 4.

I've become a fan of Lillard's and LMA's, but I have a feeling they're going to fall off compared to last season. Not a believer in Minny or Phoneix either, and Davis needs more help in New Orleans. Wouldn't be shocked if the same 8 teams make the playoffs this year (different seeding, of course).

L.Kizzle
09-22-2014, 11:56 AM
Rockets were 4th seed last year with the same exact record as the Blazers. Rockets have loss three key players in Parsons, Lin and Asik and received senior citizen Jason Terry in return. Warriors were right behind Rockets, I believe a game back and Memphis was hurt most of the season.

fpliii
09-22-2014, 12:09 PM
Rockets were 4th seed last year with the same exact record as the Blazers. Rockets have loss three key players in Parsons, Lin and Asik and received senior citizen Jason Terry in return. Warriors were right behind Rockets, I believe a game back and Memphis was hurt most of the season.
I do think Portland was a bit flukey. I haven't been looking at the numbers, but Wes seemed to be playing a bit above his head, and I'm not sure if they'll get the same high level D from Lopez. Could be wrong though.

From my understanding, Hakeem/McHale are going to be working with Dwight again leading up to the start of the season (could be wrong, though they also might have started already). I didn't watch more than a dozen Rockets games last season, but Dwight's footwork looked more fluid in the post, so maybe he'll work on some advanced moves/counters for this year?

Parsons is a great player, and Asik is an impact defender. It seems to me the entire thing with his role was a distraction last year. The less time with both bigs on the floor they spend, the better for their spacing, and Troy Daniels looked like a monster shooter in the limited time he got. My opinion of Lin is well known. I'm hoping I'm wrong about him, because he's probably going to be starting for us in LA most of this season.

Haymaker
09-22-2014, 12:21 PM
Watch the Suns get in

This :applause:

Haymaker
09-22-2014, 12:25 PM
From my understanding, Hakeem/McHale are going to be working with Dwight again leading up to the start of the season (could be wrong, though they also might have started already). I didn't watch more than a dozen Rockets games last season, but Dwight's footwork looked more fluid in the post, so maybe he'll work on some advanced moves/counters for this year?

Isn't it about time to stop talking about Howard's development? He's in his 11th season, he's a veteran already and he won't be any better than what we've already seen from him. He peaked during his Magic years. A surgery and a couple of seasons later we should be starting to talk about when he's going to start declining. He is what he is, an athletic big with a lack of a fundamental offensive game and average Bball IQ.

fpliii
09-22-2014, 12:33 PM
Isn't it about time to stop talking about Howard's development? He's in his 11th season, he's a veteran already and he won't be any better than what we've already seen from him. He peaked during his Magic years. A surgery and a couple of seasons later we should be starting to talk about when he's going to start declining. He is what he is, an athletic big with a lack of a fundamental offensive game and average Bball IQ.
Possibly. I don't like the guy after the season we had with him, but I think this is a make-or-break year. He looked like a beast in the playoffs, so maybe he's back to 100% athletically. He's 28 now, and will turn 29 this season, so I'm not ready to close the book on him yet.

oarabbus
09-22-2014, 01:46 PM

That's not doing service to Howard's talent as a player at all. IMO Dwight is underrated on this boards. He's a monster. I don't see Houston falling out of the playoffs if Dwight and Harden are healthy, although I could certainly see them dropping a few seeds.

jzek
09-22-2014, 02:14 PM
Good chance they will. Harden and Howard just isn't enough in the West. In the East, they'd probably be 5-8 seed. :facepalm

Jlamb47
09-22-2014, 02:29 PM
1.Spurs
2.OKC
3.Clippers
4.Warriors
5.Dallas
6.Portland
7.Houston
8.Nuggets
9.Memphis
10.Pelicans

Thats how i see it going

Thorpesaurous
09-22-2014, 02:40 PM
SA
OKC
Clippers
Warriors
Portland
Memphis
Dallas
NO
Hou
Phx

But honestly after the top three almost any combination below that I could envision. I would say GS holds pretty solid if they can keep Bogut on the floor.

Haymaker
09-22-2014, 02:41 PM
1.Spurs
2.OKC
3.Clippers
4.Warriors
5.Dallas
6.Portland
7.Houston
8.Nuggets
9.Memphis
10.Pelicans

Thats how i see it going

I would switch Dallas with Portland though. Also, Phoenix are prime for a playoff spot too.

AnaheimLakers24
09-22-2014, 02:44 PM
thry got ariza

Jlamb47
09-22-2014, 02:47 PM
I would switch Dallas with Portland though. Also, Phoenix are prime for a playoff spot too.

I was thinking about phoenix but i think Nuggets are going to be better then them.

Glass Ankles
09-22-2014, 02:48 PM
They will make it, Howard will have a bounce back season.

Haymaker
09-22-2014, 02:56 PM
They will make it, Howard will have a bounce back season.

He bounced really good in the playoffs. But the Rockets made some dumb moves during the offseason and it will affect everything. They lost their depth, and now their stars will have even more weight on their shoulders.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-22-2014, 02:58 PM
1.Spurs
2.OKC
3.Clippers
4.Warriors
5.Dallas
6.Portland
7.Houston
8.Nuggets
9.Memphis
10.Pelicans

Thats how i see it going
:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:
Memphis will make it............u know they won 50 games with their best player missing 23 games right? If Conley, Marc and ZBo are reasonable healthy they will win 55 games for sure

Glass Ankles
09-22-2014, 02:59 PM
He bounced really good in the playoffs. But the Rockets made some dumb moves during the offseason and it will affect everything. They lost their depth, and now their stars will have even more weight on their shoulders.
Phoenix, Denver and Pelicans gonna choke when it comes to make 7-8th seed. I think Houston will get in based purely on their offense alone. They play that fast paced 3s and layups style and try to blow teams out, that works in the regular season.

KungFuJoe
09-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Phoenix, Denver and Pelicans gonna choke when it comes to make 7-8th seed. I think Houston will get in based purely on their offense alone. They play that fast paced 3s and layups style and try to blow teams out, that works in the regular season.

A HUGE part of that fast paced style was Parsons and Lin. They both were excellent at running the break and Parsons is a great finisher.

All Net
09-22-2014, 04:31 PM
Memphis will make it............u know they won 50 games with their best player missing 23 games right? If Conley, Marc and ZBo are reasonable healthy they will win 55 games for sure
True but did they improve this summer?

L.Kizzle
09-22-2014, 04:34 PM
They're players are healthy plus added veteran Vince Carter.

oarabbus
09-22-2014, 04:59 PM
1.Spurs
2.OKC
3.Clippers
4.Warriors
5.Dallas
6.Portland
7.Houston
8.Nuggets
9.Memphis
10.Pelicans

Thats how i see it going

I don't think so... look for Davis to make a huge leap this year, now they have a top 10 defensive C as well. Anderson off the bench, Jrue at point, Tyreke at the 2/3, Pelicans are going to be nasty.

JerrySeinfeld
09-22-2014, 05:01 PM
I don't think so... look for Davis to make a huge leap this year, now they have a top 10 defensive C as well. Anderson off the bench, Jrue at point, Tyreke at the 2/3, Pelicans are going to be nasty.

Their team is constructed horribly.

Three ball dominant players at the 1-3.

Asik was a decent pick up but they would have been better off putting Ryan Anderson at the 4 and starting Davis as a 5.

blackification
09-23-2014, 12:58 AM
Their team is constructed horribly.

Three ball dominant players at the 1-3.

Asik was a decent pick up but they would have been better off putting Ryan Anderson at the 4 and starting Davis as a 5.
And their coach ****ing sucks.

Pelicans will be like the timberwolves of last year overrated as ****

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-23-2014, 04:54 AM
Theyll easily be a top3 defense actually maybe the best since George is out

VC is one of the best 6th man they badly need a perimeter scorer than can hit some 3s and few do it better in a limited role than VC

andremiller07
09-23-2014, 04:57 AM
Theyll easily be a top3 defense actually maybe the best since George is out

VC is one of the best 6th man they badly need a perimeter scorer than can hit some 3s and few do it better in a limited role than VC
They also get back Pondexter who is excellent at 3's and defence.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-23-2014, 05:04 AM
They also get back Pondexter who is excellent at 3's and defence.
Forgot about him yeah Memphis is gonna make alot of noise.

UK2K
09-23-2014, 05:17 AM
They're also the 5th oldest team in the league as of the end of the season.

So, good luck on the reasonably healthy thing.