PDA

View Full Version : question to cavs fans

swagga
09-22-2014, 08:24 AM
I'll watch a lot of cavs games this year (like every other basketball fan).

Have the annoucers changed since 2009? They were beyond horrible imo. Atrocious just didn't do them justice. They were cringe inducing. I watched games on mute :lol

Nash
09-22-2014, 08:44 AM
I love the Cavs announcers, especially that guy who used to call Lebron 'the L-Train'.

Trollsmasher
09-22-2014, 08:47 AM
that's the thing I will be missing the most about the Heat

shit franchise, but they have the best announcers

Bandito
09-22-2014, 09:07 AM

Now they are a shit franchise?:facepalm

Oh the bandwagonny...!!!!!

MP.Trey
09-22-2014, 09:27 AM
Yes they're the same and they're the best announcing crew in the L. Austin Carr (the color guy and the man in my avatars) sounds like a drunk mumbling old man sometimes but it's all a part of his charm and what makes him so entertaining cause he still clearly knows his shit.

DukeDelonte13
09-22-2014, 11:05 AM
yup. Fred and AC will still be calling games. I think Fred used to do pistons games for a while.

Here's a fun fact: Dan Gilbert at one time was Fred's intern.

But IMO they are one of the best duos in the league. I'll watch other broadcasts and they will be filled with dead air and just boring. Fred and AC's blatant homerism and AC's lack of professionalism make the game calls pretty funny and entertaining if you ask me.

Kblaze8855
09-22-2014, 11:18 AM
Always thought they were pretty bad. But most clear homer duos are. People dont like the Bulls guys I know.

But even considering that...never cared for them. Some teams have decent announcing even if you arent a fan. Clippers for one. The Lakers used to but im not so sure now. The Knicks did before they fired Marv. Marv was pretty real. Which I think got him fired(told the truth about the Knicks being awful with no future years ago).

Cavs are especially bad to me. Celtics too(im sure everyone agrees Heinson is brutal). Im sure most non Bulls fans hated Red Kerr too though....

Kblaze8855
09-22-2014, 11:21 AM
Nobody will ever touch Johnny Most though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu8Da3pe9h0

He wanted the Pistons dead.

ArbitraryWater
09-22-2014, 11:28 AM
Lol I think they're kinda fun

JT123
09-22-2014, 12:57 PM
Always thought they were pretty bad. But most clear homer duos are. People dont like the Bulls guys I know.

But even considering that...never cared for them. Some teams have decent announcing even if you arent a fan. Clippers for one. The Lakers used to but im not so sure now. The Knicks did before they fired Marv. Marv was pretty real. Which I think got him fired(told the truth about the Knicks being awful with no future years ago).

Cavs are especially bad to me. Celtics too(im sure everyone agrees Heinson is brutal). Im sure most non Bulls fans hated Red Kerr too though....
:oldlol: Clippers announcers are some of the biggest homers in the league.

pudman13
09-22-2014, 02:03 PM
You haven't heard a bad Cavs announcer until you hear the season when they hired Mark Price.

pudman13
09-22-2014, 02:06 PM
Nobody will ever touch Johnny Most though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu8Da3pe9h0

He wanted the Pistons dead.

When you posted this, the first thing that came to my mind was "a completely unneccesary foul by Laimbeer" and sure enough, its in the clip, just as I remember it!!

The best example of Most blowing a gasket was during the fight between Ralph Sampson and Jerry Sichting. Some joke that the embarrassment about what Most said about him is what ruined the rest of Sampson's career.

Most is the most ricidulous homer of all time. Growing up as a Celtics fan, I found him unlistenable, to be honest, but he sure is funny a little bit at a time.

jayfan
09-22-2014, 02:43 PM
Joe Tate's gone, though. :(

He was really good. Didn't work with a color commentator, and didn't need one.

JerrySeinfeld
09-22-2014, 02:53 PM

You guys are pathetic.

-Jerry

AnaheimLakers24
09-22-2014, 02:57 PM
ask cavsftw, hes the only real cavs fan. just pm him

DukeDelonte13
09-22-2014, 03:12 PM
Joe Tate's gone, though. :(

He was really good. Didn't work with a color commentator, and didn't need one.

Austin Carr is more than just a color commentator... He was a cavs no 1 overall draft pick and has his jersey up in the rafters. He often at the team's practices so he does give a lot of insight blended in with his catch phrases.

AC was almost depressing the last few seasons, but now i'm ready to play the austin carr drinking game again.

When Austin Carr Says the Following Phrases During the Cavaliers Game You Drink Accordingly:

"L-Train" (1) Drink

"Throw the Hamma Down!" (2)

"Get that weak stuff outta here!" (3)

"Consequently Fred" (1)

"He put the (random word) in the coffin" (2)

"Young Man" when used to refer to any player during a play. (2) Bonus (1) if used after "Get that weak stuff outta here!"

"If (insert anyone here) (insert any situation here) he's gonna (insert any result here) 90% of the time." (2)

"European Style of Basketball" when referring to any foreign player (2) Bonus (2) if used referring to Yao or Yi.

Anytime someone gets a "bird" (3)

Everytime AC mixes up a players name (2) Bonus (2) if it's Delonte Jones

Everytime AC gets flustered and starts stuttering (3)

AC starts to talk about a different play than the one on the replay (3)

AC does an advertisement (5)

"(Insert someones name) from deep, in the Q (or other arena)" (1)

Fred Mcleod Bonus Round:

Drink Accordingly If Fred Says the Following Phrases:

"right down euclid" - (1) drink

"three from 330"- (1)

“the bottom” - (1)

“are you kiddin me?!” - (3)

“shufflin their shoes” - (1)

“rubber rim” - (1)

“ball on a string” - (1)

mentions A.C. as a notre dame alumni" (1)

RedBlackAttack
09-22-2014, 04:57 PM
ask cavsftw, hes the only real cavs fan. just pm him
lol wat

Cavs have one of the best groups of fans on this site.

chips93
09-22-2014, 05:27 PM
lol wat

Cavs have one of the best groups of fans on this site.

not for long though ...

RedBlackAttack
09-22-2014, 05:27 PM
Austin Carr is more than just a color commentator... He was a cavs no 1 overall draft pick and has his jersey up in the rafters. He often at the team's practices so he does give a lot of insight blended in with his catch phrases.

AC was almost depressing the last few seasons, but now i'm ready to play the austin carr drinking game again.
The thing that I love most about AC and to a lesser extent Fred... they really do care about the franchise, it isn't just a show for the fans. AC bleeds wine and gold. His reactions are completely genuine, whether it is something positive or negative and he is not afraid to call out players. Some may say that is a bad thing. It isn't to me. Leave the unbiased bland announcing to the big network guys.

A regional network that travels with a team? They shouldn't have to fain objectivity to appease non-Cavs fans. They work for Fox Sports Ohio.

If you just don't like their style, I get that... AC is an acquired taste. But they help make the games fun for me, personally.

chips93
09-22-2014, 05:28 PM
"If (insert anyone here) (insert any situation here) he's gonna (insert any result here) 90% of the time." (2)

:oldlol: classic AC

he loves to simplify things

RedBlackAttack
09-22-2014, 05:29 PM
not for long though ...
We still do as far as I'm concerned. LeBron's player fans are their own separate entity the way I look at it. They couldn't care less about the Cavs and have actually spent the last four years mocking us for the most part.

MP.Trey
09-22-2014, 05:31 PM
That drinking game is awesome. :oldlol:

The only one I don't recall hearing is "consequently Fred" but the others read out in AC's voice so perfectly.

Hoopz2332
09-22-2014, 06:32 PM
The Heat and Knicks have the best announcers.

Hoopz2332
09-22-2014, 06:34 PM

Celtics, Portland and Clippers have some terrible announcers. Straight homers:oldlol:

Proctor
09-22-2014, 07:10 PM
I can deal with Portland and Boston's commentators because their Play by Play guys have tolerable voices. (Mike Barrett for Portland is great) Cleveland is acceptable too, but Ralph Lawler for the Clippers makes me wanna off myself.

DukeDelonte13
09-22-2014, 07:22 PM
That drinking game is awesome. :oldlol:

The only one I don't recall hearing is "consequently Fred" but the others read out in AC's voice so perfectly.

i think there should also be one for "Dance on 'em, young fella!"

Cavs in-game announcing team is great too. Ahmad Crump is awesome. Can't wait to see this year's player intros.

dubeta
09-22-2014, 07:28 PM
Austin Carr is a great commentator :applause:

Can't wait to hear him go 'L-train' again

RedBlackAttack
09-22-2014, 07:50 PM
I love that no one else says "L-Train." Literally zero people on earth use that horrible nickname for James... except for AC. He's sticking to his guns on L-Train.

Get 'em, AC. :applause: