PDA

View Full Version : not to hate on dirk cause i like him. but is 2007 the biggest failure of all time?

kennethgriffin
09-22-2014, 05:02 PM
Dallas was 67-15
Dirk was league MVP

( same record as 2000 lakers, kobe and shaqs best output )

lost to the 42-40 warriors in the first round

if kobe or bron did this. sh*t would fall from the skys

Kblaze8855
09-22-2014, 05:04 PM
You just dont quit.

MP.Trey
09-22-2014, 05:07 PM
On top of nearly or arguably getting outplayed/locked down by Stephen Jackson. It's pretty high up there but the Warriors really were the worst possible matchup for them. I felt like a pimp predicting this shit before it happened though: :pimp:

kennethgriffin
09-22-2014, 05:07 PM
You just dont quit.
this is literally the first dirk thread i've ever made

oarabbus
09-22-2014, 05:10 PM
this is literally the first dirk thread i've ever made

He's talking about your annoying, paper-thin, agenda driven topics.

kennethgriffin
09-22-2014, 05:17 PM

how is pointing out dirks flaws my agenda

thats never been my priority

i'm a fan of dirk nowitzki.

my 5 favorite players are

1. kobe bryant
2. andrew wiggins
3. steph curry
4. damien lillard
5. dirk nowitzki

i constantly have dirk as a top 20 player all time when no one else does

and paper thin? this is a solid argument for worst failure ever. i'd like to see a more promising/high expectation situation that had the absolute worst possible outcome

Cold soul
09-22-2014, 05:27 PM
It was one worst choke jobs in playoffs for any player that won league season MVP. I'm a big fan of Dirk but losing in first round against golden state when your team #1 seed is pretty bad.

rlsmooth775
09-22-2014, 05:42 PM

1. kobe bryant
2. andrew wiggins
3. steph curry
4. damien lillard
5. dirk nowitzki

and paper thin? this is a solid argument for worst failure ever. i'd like to see a more promising/high expectation situation that had the absolute worst possible outcome

Why are you a fan of Andrew wiggins

swagga
09-22-2014, 05:42 PM
Why are you a fan of Andrew wiggins

passing :oldlol:

SouBeachTalents
09-22-2014, 05:50 PM
LeBron James 2011 Finals is unquestionably the biggest failure in NBA history

Marchesk
09-22-2014, 05:56 PM
Kobe chucking the heavily favored Lakers into a 5 game sweep with 38% has to be up there.

38% :facepalm

Shoots 29 more times than Shaq. :no:

Shaq shoots 63% and yet Kobe is chucking the series away. :eek:

No wonder Shaq was a salty bitch.

JT123
09-22-2014, 06:01 PM
LeBron James 2011 Finals is unquestionably the biggest failure in NBA history
Stop trying to make every thread about Lebron you worthless troll. :facepalm
As for the thread topic, it is arguably the worst failure for a league MVP. Almost as bad as Kobe letting Dirk stick a broom up his ass in 2011 while his Lakers were the consensus Championship favorite.

kentatm
09-22-2014, 06:05 PM
everyone who actually followed the Mavs aside from Avery knew GS was the worst possible matchup in the entire NBA for Dallas.

they had been getting crushed by the Warriors for 2-3 years running.

but arrogant ass Avery just haaaaaad to prove himself against Nellie. :banghead:

gasolina
09-22-2014, 06:09 PM
It was bad. Throughout the season it was pretty much given that Dallas will win the chip as redemption for the 2006 rig job. There was literally no contender who could match up to them that year.

IIRC they already lost to GS in the regular season. And I think on their final game of the regular season they had a chance to eliminate them but Avery chose to rest starters....

Didn't help that in game 1, Avery chose to start Devean George at the 5. One of the commentators said it best, if you're the #1 seed, you don't make adjustments for the #8 team.

The GS defense was severely underrated there. People say that if Dirk had a real post game back then, he would figure out to score, but GS had Utah in the next year and prime Boozer struggled in the post too.

I also remember Dirk camping out of the 3pt line in the later games, like Avery just put him there asa decoy and ran the offense through Josh Howard.

Cone
09-22-2014, 06:13 PM
i don't wanna make excuses but the warriors did sweep the mavs in the regular season. they were a bad matchup, and dirk didn't have a great series. not to mention avery was awful

still bad but its not as big as a failure as it seems tho.

dubeta
09-22-2014, 06:20 PM
It's second only to Kobe's 2006 failure in the playoffs when he quit on his team when they needed him

oarabbus
09-22-2014, 06:23 PM
Kobe chucking the heavily favored Lakers into a 5 game sweep with 38% has to be up there.

38% :facepalm

Shoots 29 more times than Shaq. :no:

Shaq shoots 63% and yet Kobe is chucking the series away. :eek:

No wonder Shaq was a salty bitch.

:eek: Move over Dirk, Kobe has ya beat
Bron 2011 too

Also people are just mad underrating the WE BELIEVE Warriors. B Diddy :banana:

SouBeachTalents
09-22-2014, 07:18 PM
Stop trying to make every thread about Lebron you worthless troll. :facepalm
As for the thread topic, it is arguably the worst failure for a league MVP. Almost as bad as Kobe letting Dirk stick a broom up his ass in 2011 while his Lakers were the consensus Championship favorite.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/Funny%20NBA%20Record/Lebron%20James/aka%20big%20choker/lebron-james-2011-nba-final-4q.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3kKxtSQa-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FuYJ1U2YZ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFe8KUEQdn4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL3Kz3DD1uQ

Lol, you're gonna act like LeBron didn't choke/play WELL below his standards for that entire series

JT123
09-22-2014, 07:41 PM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/Funny%20NBA%20Record/Lebron%20James/aka%20big%20choker/lebron-james-2011-nba-final-4q.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3kKxtSQa-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FuYJ1U2YZ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFe8KUEQdn4

Lol, you're gonna act like LeBron didn't choke/play WELL below his standards for that entire series
Do you have that image saved to your desktop or something? :rolleyes:
Such a weak troll. :sleeping

SouBeachTalents
09-22-2014, 07:42 PM
Do you have that image saved to your desktop or something? :rolleyes:
Such a weak troll. :sleeping

Yeah, I couldn't defend that performance either

SamuraiSWISH
09-22-2014, 07:43 PM
Easily. Worse than LeBron's 2011, or Kobe's 2004 Finals.

Richesly
09-22-2014, 07:52 PM

There is no agenda hating on LeBron in this thread.

R.I.P.
09-22-2014, 07:52 PM
It was bad. Throughout the season it was pretty much given that Dallas will win the chip as redemption for the 2006 rig job. There was literally no contender who could match up to them that year.

IIRC they already lost to GS in the regular season. And I think on their final game of the regular season they had a chance to eliminate them but Avery chose to rest starters....

Such was the brilliance of Avery Johnson. Already down 0-3 in the season series, he spread his a**cheeks one more time and welcomed the Warriors in. :facepalm

ihatetimthomas
09-22-2014, 10:17 PM
If Dirk doesnt win the title in 2011, Dirk very well could have been considered one of the biggest chokers. Him getting bounced by a 8 seed and losing tot he Heat after being up 2-0 would have been the 2 big things people look at. But because he won a title, all is forgotten

sejoon101
09-22-2014, 11:25 PM
everyone who actually followed the Mavs aside from Avery knew GS was the worst possible matchup in the entire NBA for Dallas.

they had been getting crushed by the Warriors for 2-3 years running.

but arrogant ass Avery just haaaaaad to prove himself against Nellie. :banghead:

Yeah didn't they get swept by the warriors that season in the regular season too

toxicxr6
09-22-2014, 11:27 PM
It was a bad matchup for the Mavs and yeah pretty bad choke job...

But

Kobe not being able to take a decent roster even into the playoffs is worse.. I mean seriously.. Wtf is that

Beastmode88
09-22-2014, 11:37 PM
Kobe and Lebron both failed in 2011. One got swept by dirk the other one got out played by jason terry.

dubeta
09-22-2014, 11:41 PM
Kobe and Lebron both failed in 2011. One got swept by dirk the other one got out played by jason terry.

False

And one of them was also the defending champs, which made the sweep even more embarassing

I<3NBA
09-22-2014, 11:51 PM
There is no agenda hating on LeBron in this thread.
then you must be incredibly obtuse. the title alone is fishing for the answer: Lebron 2011

Cold soul
09-23-2014, 12:23 AM
If Dirk doesnt win the title in 2011, Dirk very well could have been considered one of the biggest chokers. Him getting bounced by a 8 seed and losing tot he Heat after being up 2-0 would have been the 2 big things people look at. But because he won a title, all is forgotten

Yup. If Dirk never would of won a championship he wouldn't be rated as highly as he is today winning cures all and everything forgotten.

Cali Syndicate
09-23-2014, 01:20 AM

1. kobe bryant
2. andrew wiggins
3. steph curry
4. damien lillard
5. dirk nowitzki

Soooooo, Mj was all media hype and Lebron is all media hype but Wiggins is essentially your favorite player. Got it.

kennethgriffin
09-23-2014, 01:26 AM
Soooooo, Mj was all media hype and Lebron is all media hype but Wiggins is essentially your favorite player. Got it.
i'm canadian

so the 1 time an extremely athletic/gifted wing player born and raised in canada goes #1 in the nba draft. i take notice

this isnt like some midget african pretending to be canadian that had nothing but white voters on his side in mvp contests

this is about someone who might actually play in the finals one day

and he has all the hype and support in the world. with a team perfectly suited to showcase his talents

ofcourse i'm a f*cking andrew wiggins fan you bloated bafoon.

hope this answers everyone elses questions on the subject too

Cocaine80s
09-23-2014, 01:28 AM
i'm canadian

so the 1 time an extremely athletic/gifted wing player born and raised in canada goes #1 in the nba draft. i take notice

this isnt like some midget african pretending to be canadian that had nothing but white voters on his side in mvp contests

and he has all the hype and support in the world. with a team perfectly suited to showcase his talents

who else agrees?

lebron and the cavs are dumb

and i'm canadian saying this. i saw these guys more than anyone growing up

both bennett and wiggins are absolute SH*T

Only thing is. This time... he failed. He ring chased on a team with no proven winners. Wiggins is a bust waiting to happen. Kyrie and love have the most empty stats of all time.

Cleveland is going nowhere fast. Lebron is 30 years old. This cavs team even if it reaches full potential wont be a contender until lebrons 35 or 36. Then what does he have? 1 year till hes garbage

So the jokes on his fans. Theyre all gonna dip on miami and the heat will be in the eastern finals with either toronto or indiana. Maybe brooklyn. All I know is you got a long wait coming.

:biggums:

dubeta
09-23-2014, 01:33 AM

:applause: :roll:

kennethgriffin
09-23-2014, 01:37 AM

honestly. for the 20-30 days wiggins was lebrons team mate ... i hated his guts and wished he would bust

because as much as i like canadian athletes. i hate lebron more

to watch him become some sidekick to prop up lebron would have been the biggest waste in nba history

it would have been a lose/lose situation.

peak potential wise and be nothing more than a pippen with no credit or recognition like bosh

bust and be just another failure and another lost hope for canadian basketball

the minute he was traded to minny i had reborn faith and hope for this kid. it saved his life and career. thank the f*cking lord

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

btw no foolin. its creepy that you have a collection of my quotes from 1-2 month old threads saved on your computer

Cocaine80s
09-23-2014, 01:45 AM
honestly. for the 20-30 days wiggins was lebrons team mate ... i hated his guts and wished he would bust

because as much as i like canadian athletes. i hate lebron more

to watch him become some sidekick to prop up lebron would have been the biggest waste in nba history

it would have been a lose/lose situation.

peak potential wise and be nothing more than a pippen with no credit or recognition like bosh

bust and be just another failure and another lost hope for canadian basketball

the minute he was traded to minny i had reborn faith and hope for this kid. it saved his life and career. thank the f*cking lord

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

btw no foolin. its creepy that you have a collection of my quotes from 1-2 month old threads saved on your computer
all i had to do was google "kennethgriffin andrew wiggins" to see a shit ton of posts of you hating on him :oldlol:

cool of you to hate on a rookie just because he was going to play with a player you dont like

Cali Syndicate
09-23-2014, 01:56 AM
i'm canadian

Soooooooo, you hold MJ's and Lebron's athleticism against them, yet you hate Nash whose entire game is predicated on pure skill, something you seem to bring up alot with Kobe, and immediately jump on the nuts of a player who is an elite athlete? Just seems weird you're so inconsistent with your fanhood.

And why isn't Nash a Canadian to you? The Steve Nash Fitness Center in Vancouver is a pretty nice place. You ever been?

kennethgriffin
09-23-2014, 01:57 AM
Damn so you're nationalistic pride for an up-and-coming canadian is overshadowed by your hate about an innocent man, who just happens to be better than Kobe at basketball??

Just disgusting :facepalm

lebron is guilty of many things

- ring chasing
- colluding
- cheating
- roids
- hgh
- ring chasing again
- colluding again
- tampering trades

sorry but lebron deserves his hatred lol

and to everyone. yes i will sell out anyone who willingly helps lebron ring chase his way to another title

if i was on a team that lebron bandwaggon jumped to. i'd get the hell outa town. aint no way he's steppin on my career to get where he wants

dubeta
09-23-2014, 01:59 AM
lebron is guilty of many things

- ring chasing
- colluding
- cheating
- roids
- hgh
- ring chasing again
- colluding again
- tampering trades

sorry but lebron deserves his hatred lol

and to everyone. yes i will sell out anyone who willingly helps lebron ring chase his way to another title

if i was on a team that lebron bandwaggon jumped to. i'd get the hell outa town. aint no way he's steppin on my career to get where he wants

LeBron sacrificing future rings with the Heat, just to go back to his hometown and uplift the community is ring chasing?? :roll:

kennethgriffin
09-23-2014, 02:02 AM
Soooooooo, you hold MJ's and Lebron's athleticism against them, yet you hate Nash whose entire game is predicated on pure skill, something you seem to bring up alot with Kobe, and immediately jump on the nuts of a player who is an elite athlete?

And why isn't Nash a Canadian to you? The Steve Nash Fitness Center in Vancouver is a pretty nice place. You ever been?

kobes lack of physical advantages isnt why i like the guy. i started being a fan of his when he was still pulling off between the leg dunks and full windmills

i use it as a case for kobe as the most skilled player ever among the greats

if a guy can dominate both ways historically. more power to him. but if i were to wait around for another guy like kobe. i might die before someone like him comes along again

this isnt about goat status with my hopes on wiggins. him just becoming a top 20 player all time would be good enough in my eyes... considering it would be the highest a canadian ever finished

the bar is a little bit lower for andrew. so no i wont look down uppon him since he more than likely wont be in a debate with kobe all time any time soon

Cali Syndicate
09-23-2014, 02:03 AM
LeBron sacrificing future rings with the Heat, just to go back to his hometown and uplift the community is ring chasing?? :roll:

lebron has a much brighter future with the Cavs than with the Heat.

dubeta
09-23-2014, 02:05 AM
lebron has a much brighter future with the Cavs than with the Heat.

highly debatable whether he gets more rings with Cleveland than staying with Miami

Cleveland was more of a image rebuilding process, moving beyond basketball, than just winning or ring chasing.

JT123
09-23-2014, 02:12 AM
:roll: Kenneth just got body bagged!

TheMilkyBarKid
09-23-2014, 02:13 AM
So is OP saying it's worse to choke in the first round than the finals?

KendrickPerkins
09-23-2014, 02:16 AM
Nope, Lebron's 2011 Finals is by far the biggest failure of all-time. Maybe in all of sports.

And it was ironically against Dirk.

kennethgriffin
09-23-2014, 02:18 AM
:roll: Kenneth just got body bagged!

how?

were lebron fans pro kyrie/love before they become lebrons team mates?

same thing but reversed

i didnt know any bulls fans that liked rodman before he got to chicago either

peoples opinions change based on the team they play for

Cocaine80s
09-23-2014, 02:19 AM
how?

were lebron fans pro kyrie/love before they become lebrons team mates?

same thing but reversed

i didnt know any bulls fans that liked rodman before he got to chicago either

peoples opinions change based on the team they play for
thats not the same at all

kennethgriffin
09-23-2014, 02:23 AM
So is OP saying it's worse to choke in the first round than the finals?

i've been quoted many times before saying its about expectations

people tried saying "its worse to lose in the 1st round than the finals"

and in response i've said "no its about context. 99% of the time a team that loses in the first round is meant to lose in the first round"

but 99% of the time a team thats good enough to make the finals is good enough to win the title

losing in the finals when you have a realistic shot at the title is really bad.

especially if you're on a colluded team basically stacked together to win

but.. if you're on a team thats stacked/expected to make the finals and you lose in the first round. then its worse than anything lebron did

dirks 1st round choke with a 67 win team is worse than lebron losing in the finals ring chasing with wade and bosh

but if the warriors lost to dallas. that wouldnt matter. cause the right team won.

well miami was created to be the winning team. the right team. and they f*cking failed 3 out of 4 times.. ( in reality since the ray allen thing voids everything )

dubeta
09-23-2014, 02:27 AM
i've been quoted many times before saying its about expectations

people tried saying "its worse to lose in the 1st round than the finals"

and in response i've said "no its about context. 99% of the time a team that loses in the first round is meant to lose in the first round"

but 99% of the time a team thats good enough to make the finals is good enough to win the title

losing in the finals when you have a realistic shot at the title is really bad.

especially if you're on a colluded team basically stacked together to win

but.. if you're on a team thats stacked/expected to make the finals and you lose in the first round. then its worse than anything lebron did

dirks 1st round choke with a 67 win team is worse than lebron losing in the finals ring chasing with wade and bosh

but if the warriors lost to dallas. that wouldnt matter. cause the right team won.

well miami was created to be the winning team. the right team. and they f*cking failed 3 out of 4 times.. ( in reality since the ray allen thing voids everything )

In that case what are your thoughts on the 2004 Lakers?

oarabbus
09-23-2014, 02:33 AM
i'm canadian

The hate on Nash is unnecessary but I can respect your reasons to rank Wiggins so high. Same reason I'm a Lin fan.

aj1987
09-23-2014, 02:35 AM
Dat ether doe! :eek:

kennethgriffin
09-23-2014, 02:45 AM
The hate on Nash is unnecessary but I can respect your reasons to rank Wiggins so high. Same reason I'm a Lin fan.
nash is overrated. i'l never forgive the media for giving him shaq and kobes mvps from 05 and 06

only mvp to ever not make the finals

and yet he has more of them than 2 guys who won almost 10 titles combined

Warfan
09-23-2014, 02:46 AM
Yes. Thanks Dirk.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/warriors/images/PlayoffsCollage_760.jpg

kennethgriffin
09-23-2014, 02:46 AM
Dat ether doe! :eek:

i'l say it again. bulls fans hated rodman cause he played for the pistons

when he joined chicago they loved him

people who hated wade and bosh last year are probably cheering for them this year to beat lebron

Cali Syndicate
09-23-2014, 02:56 AM
Yes. Thanks Dirk.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/warriors/images/PlayoffsCollage_760.jpg

:bowdown:

hated that they missed the palyoffs the following year even though they had a better season. Such a tease.

aj1987
09-23-2014, 02:59 AM
i'l say it again. bulls fans hated rodman cause he played for the pistons

when he joined chicago they loved him

people who hated wade and bosh last year are probably cheering for them this year to beat lebron
People hated them. They didn't say that they are garbage players who can't play. That's EXACTLY what you said. You said that Wiggins is not talented and he's gonna be a bust.

and i'm canadian saying this. i saw these guys more than anyone growing up

both bennett and wiggins are absolute SH*T

You got owned pretty hard. Now stop posting.

kennethgriffin
09-23-2014, 03:07 AM
People hated them. They didn't say that they are garbage players who can't play. That's EXACTLY what you said. You said that Wiggins is not talented and he's gonna be a bust.

You got owned pretty hard. Now stop posting.

my opinion hasnt changed

i still think wiggins isnt very talented. its all hype and athleticism still

but that doesnt mean i'm not rooting for him

and who the hell are you to speak for 1988-1990 chicago bulls fans? were you there? and even if you were there was there an outlet to hear what they were saying since there wasnt internet at the time? LOL

gtfo.. i still think wiggins is absolute sh*t skill wise

but i'm praying he developes those skills since i can actually enjoy watching him on minny

and all i said was he's one of my favorite non laker players. which isnt saying much. it just means steph curry, damien lillard, andrew wiggins and dirk nowitzki are players i'd consider watching if kobe isnt playing

its not like i own any of their jerseys or anything. i'm just pulling for wiggins. i'm still a kobe/laker fan and nothing more

aj1987
09-23-2014, 03:14 AM
my opinion hasnt changed

i still think wiggins isnt very talented. its all hype and athleticism still

but that doesnt mean i'm not rooting for him

and who the hell are you to speak for 1988-1990 chicago bulls fans? were you there? and even if you were there was there an outlet to hear what they were saying since there wasnt internet at the time? LOL

gtfo.. i still think wiggins is absolute sh*t skill wise

but i'm praying he developes those skills since i can actually enjoy watching him on minny

and all i said was he's one of my favorite non laker players. which isnt saying much. it just means steph curry, damien lillard, andrew wiggins and dirk nowitzki are players i'd consider watching if kobe isnt playing

its not like i own any of their jerseys or anything. i'm just pulling for wiggins. i'm still a kobe/laker fan and nothing more

i'm canadian

What talents?

You're a clown. I'm done with this stupid thread.

kennethgriffin
09-23-2014, 03:23 AM
What talents?

You're a clown. I'm done with this stupid thread.

you know. people get better and develope right?

i dont think wiggins is very talented right now. but hes like 19 years old

lebron james couldnt hit the ocean with his jump shot when he started. but he had cleveland to showcase his skill improvements over the years. it was a perfect situation to get his career average up while refining his fundimentals

minny is the perfect situation for wiggins to grow and showcase his stuff

take it for what its worth. quit trying to find loop holes for more arguments

i don't understand what the big deal is about me wanting to root for another player other than kobe bryant to be successful in the league someday

why is it the end of the world? i thought people would be happy that i cared about someone other than kobe openly

why so butthurt? why is this even a topic?

yeah i want wiggins to succeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP THE PRESS

:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol :lol :lol

Cold soul
09-23-2014, 03:34 AM
Yes. Thanks Dirk.

Man, I remember that series like it was yesterday. Baron Davis dunk was one greatest dunks in NBA history. It was straight up nasty and ruthless. :pimp:

masonanddixon
09-23-2014, 06:48 AM
If you think about, Lebron in Cleveland basically was Dirk in 2006-2007 every season. He always lost to the only good team he faced, it's just that in the first and second rounds he was playing sub 500 teams whereas the Warriors would've been a 2-4 seed in the East

Dresta
09-23-2014, 08:02 AM

****ing Lebron :facepalm

And people are still trying to make excuses for him. Complete non-involvement in the most important game of his career, as if he just expected other guys to haul him to a chip. Even in that clip, when he left Kidd unfathomably wide open from 3 (with Miami up 9), when Kidd drained it, you saw Bron start bitching to a teammate even though he left Kidd WIDE open.

Typical Bron. Man cannot play basketball unless the entire team is subsidiary to himself, playing the role of a tiny and inconsequential side-show to the Lebron James extravaganza.

sportjames23
09-23-2014, 08:06 AM
You just dont quit.

He would if ya'll banned him. Well, he'd quit for at least two days. :oldlol:

sportjames23
09-23-2014, 08:18 AM
all i had to do was google "kennethgriffin andrew wiggins" to see a shit ton of posts of you hating on him :oldlol:

cool of you to hate on a rookie just because he was going to play with a player you dont like

Ain't gonna lie--that was some strong ether right there, bro. :cheers:

ArbitraryWater
09-23-2014, 03:20 PM

http://hoops-nation.com/community/public/style_emoticons/default/OhRlly.png