PDA

View Full Version : Nets go low-key, make basketball their sole focus this season

insidehoops
09-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Prior to the first two seasons in Brooklyn, the Nets spent their summers creating large expectations and hype, whether formed by a player touting the championship potential, an owner scoffing at the luxury tax or a borough president relentlessly needling the Knicks. It was all part of an effort to introduce the Nets into New York's conscience.

This summer, amidst the fallout with Jason Kidd and an effort to reduce a record-breaking payroll, the Nets have purposefully played it low-key, according to GM Billy King. These are the humbled Brooklyn Nets.

-- NY Daily News

Nets fan 93
09-25-2014, 02:10 PM
It's about time. Never saw this core (Lopez, Johnson, Williams) play without high expectations. Should be a nice smooth transition.

gigantes
09-25-2014, 10:20 PM
i guess i'm in the minority, but i didn't see the nets as champion-caliber at any point along the line. i get that hype needed to be manufactured, but what i still don't understand is why so many national media-types bought in to it the way they did.

brooklynsfinest
09-25-2014, 11:50 PM
We still have high expecations. Everyone just underrating us. We gonna come out the box FAST and then everyone will be jumping on our train, just watch. :no:

We upgraded at coach, at SF, added youth, athleticnism.

:rant What's with the Nets fans here? GET ON BOARD.

gigantes
09-26-2014, 12:08 AM
i guess if it helps, i could hire some kid to holler "go nets!" and wave a towel or something on my behalf.

Nets fan 93
09-26-2014, 01:32 PM
We still have high expecations. Everyone just underrating us. We gonna come out the box FAST and then everyone will be jumping on our train, just watch. :no:

We upgraded at coach, at SF, added youth, athleticnism.

:rant What's with the Nets fans here? GET ON BOARD.
High expectations? Espn and other sites have the nets at #8 with ATL getting back Horford and CHA picking up Stephenson to go along with Jefferson and Walker. And obviously Cleveland picking up LeBron and Love

niko
09-26-2014, 03:33 PM
I think Net fans have reasonable expectations. I just don;t want to hear anymore "Nets are glad to be under the radar" stories, they are under the radar because title aspirations are gone. That's not a plus.

gigantes
09-28-2014, 03:05 AM
well... it's a plus when it's a plus, which is what NF93 was saying i think

Nets fan 93
09-28-2014, 09:42 PM
well... it's a plus when it's a plus, which is what NF93 was saying i think
Exactly.