PDA

View Full Version : Beasley to Memphis

QuebecBaller
09-23-2014, 08:29 PM
Free-agent forward Michael Beasley has agreed to join the Memphis Grizzlies in training camp on a non-guaranteed contract, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Beasley spent several days working out for the Grizzlies this week and chose that offer because of an opportunity to make the roster as a backup power forward.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--michael-beasley-signing-non-guaranteed-contract-with-grizzlies-002809588.html

Lineup would look like this

Gasol/Koufos
Z-Bo/Beasley
Prince/Carter
Allen/Lee
Conley/Udrih

JohnMax
09-23-2014, 08:46 PM
The powerful myth of Michael Beasley's talent (www.sbnation.com/2013/9/11/4719210/michael-beasley-talent-phoenix-suns-nba-free-agencya)

JimmyMcAdocious
09-23-2014, 08:53 PM
Worth taking a look for a team like Memphis. Especially since it's a non-guaranteed contract.

They need a jolt of offensive somewhere, man. VC and that rook should help. A motivated Beasley, tho, (I know, I know...) might put them over the edge.

Eric Cartman
09-23-2014, 09:22 PM
Wish VC had gone to a contending team.

TheMilkyBarKid
09-23-2014, 09:29 PM
Hopefully he plays d here, he is too talented to not get minutes.

bagelred
09-23-2014, 09:46 PM
This guy was almost a #1 pick overall....so close....smh.....

Smook A.
09-23-2014, 10:12 PM
This guy is started to bounce around teams like Drew Gooden. If Beasley makes the Memphis roster, this will be his 4th different team in 7 seasons.

bdreason
09-23-2014, 10:44 PM
Great pickup for Memphis. They can use all the offensive weapons they can get their hands on... plus I hear the weed out in Memphis is schwaggy.

HylianNightmare
09-23-2014, 11:06 PM
I forgot Vince went there. That's lame

Hopefully Beasley sticks and thrives

Twiens
09-23-2014, 11:12 PM
Good fit. They can hide him on D, and he could bring some much needed fire-power.

SpecialQue
09-23-2014, 11:40 PM
I forgot Vince went there. That's lame

Hopefully Beasley sticks and thrives

Why's it lame? They're a great team.

JohnFreeman
09-24-2014, 12:00 AM
Vince will take him under his wing

Human Error
09-24-2014, 08:04 AM
Beasley has turned the corner last season but still Spoelstra refused to play Beasley in favor of Battier who wasn't an NBA caliber player anymore. A glorified video coordinator shouldn't have been an NBA head coach in the first place. Anyway I hope Beasley flourish in Memphis.

HiphopRelated
09-24-2014, 08:16 AM
Beasley has turned the corner last season but still Spoelstra refused to play Beasley in favor of Battier who wasn't an NBA caliber player anymore. A glorified video coordinator shouldn't have been an NBA head coach in the first place. Anyway I hope Beasley flourish in Memphis.
Turned what corner? Only corner he turned was from guarantee to unguaranteed.

T_L_P
09-24-2014, 08:25 AM

LeBron and Spo basically called him an idiot.

He hasn't turned any corners.

coin24
09-24-2014, 08:39 AM
Lakers:facepalm

chocolatethunder
09-24-2014, 09:23 AM

Yes he of course turned a corner and and you're so much smarter than all the GMs that you're the only one who noticed. It's unfortunate for Beasley that you're not a GM, he could have gotten guaranteed money. Poor guy. You seriously need to send your resume out to all 30 teams immediately.

gasolina
09-24-2014, 10:32 AM
Hopefully it works out. Grizz controlled James Johnson to be somewhat productive last season.

He can't be any worse the John Leuer in D.

King Boozer
09-24-2014, 10:56 AM
Anyone interested in a Beasley autographed rookie card? Hit me up :facepalm

Walker
09-24-2014, 11:04 AM
Anyone interested in a Beasley autographed rookie card? Hit me up :facepalm
I found a 7 year old packet of spiral pasta in the back of a cupboard the other day.

Straight swap?

tomtucker
09-24-2014, 11:41 AM

right, he was the only one that showed up in several finals games.........shitty coach should have used him more

King Boozer
09-24-2014, 11:51 AM
I found a 7 year old packet of spiral pasta in the back of a cupboard the other day.

Straight swap?

Throw in a half full expired prego and deal. :roll:

BoNafidde
09-24-2014, 11:59 AM
I dont understand why beasley keeps going to teams where he will be a back up player. He was the #1 pick lol

Spaulding
09-24-2014, 12:02 PM
I dont understand why beasley keeps going to teams where he will be a back up player. He was the #1 pick lol

A. I'm sure he wants to go on a winning team.

B. He may not have a choice.

ralph_i_el
09-24-2014, 01:52 PM

because otherwise he's not going to play at all :confusedshrug:

Nets fan 93
09-24-2014, 02:12 PM
He was the #2 pick...

Optimus Prime
09-24-2014, 03:19 PM
Great fit. Memphis had an offensive offense (har har) last year. If all Beasley does is score points, he will be a success in Memphis.

SamuraiSWISH
09-24-2014, 03:21 PM
LeBron and Spo basically called him an idiot.

He hasn't turned any corners.
LOL when? And he is.

Crown&Coke
09-24-2014, 05:21 PM
A bunch of teams worked him out, and no one was even inclined to offer him a non-guaranteed deal until Memphis. Something really wrong with him or has Bron got him blackballed from the league?

Never sing in the locker room around Lebron the same time Coachella is going on I guess

Bigsmoke
09-24-2014, 05:56 PM
How is the weed in Memphis anyway

oarabbus
09-24-2014, 06:00 PM
How is the weed in Memphis anyway

It's Tennessee, so getting caught with dank means you get executed by firing squad.

Human Error
09-24-2014, 07:38 PM
Yes he of course turned a corner and and you're so much smarter than all the GMs that you're the only one who noticed. It's unfortunate for Beasley that you're not a GM, he could have gotten guaranteed money. Poor guy. You seriously need to send your resume out to all 30 teams immediately.
When did I say that I am better than them? The point is I had to go through a painful experience of having to watch Shane Battier getting outplayed by every single matchup that he faced with much more talented player on the bench. If Spo gets $2.5$ a year a part of his job is to develop players, but he handled it in a very stubborn way and trusted older players only(Battier, Haslem, Lewis - all are not even as good to be in the D-league in 2014). Eddie Johnson blamed Spoelstra for not utilizing Beasley and the Spurs beat writer tweeted the same also so I know I am not the only one.