PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose Donates $1 Million To Chicago Charity For School Children

no pun intended
09-24-2014, 01:39 AM
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/nba-superstar-derrick-rose-donates-1-million-dollars-after-school-matters

That's a shit-ton of money. And schools in Chicago need it badly.

Cocaine80s
09-24-2014, 01:48 AM
:applause:

mattvNJ
09-24-2014, 01:50 AM
kudos to rose. That's a great amount to give back in one lump sum and you know that's not the last of it. People can rip him all they want for his lack of bravado and personality. But the guy just seems to do him, keep to himself, play his heart and give back.

+10000 points in my book. More guys should follow suit, I mean obviously not in this large of denomination but whatever the can sacrifice while remaining financially stable after their careers.

Graviton
09-24-2014, 01:51 AM
In before...

*Something something low IQ something selfish, mentally weak something muscle memory*

Anyway good for Rose, looking out for his city and doing something positive. :applause:

Budadiiii
09-24-2014, 01:59 AM
Rose is the loner type... and lives a pretty conservative life.

One of those guys you don't have to worry about in terms of going broke.

He doesn't do anything but watch movies and chill at the crib. Plays video games, eats candy, and lives kinda like a lazy teenager.

I like the fact that he decided to donate a million dollars to charity, and overall, I think he is a good guy.

After raping Adidas, he can donate 10 million without breaking a sweat. :lol

mattvNJ
09-24-2014, 02:03 AM

He doesn't do anything but watch movies and chill at the crib. Plays video games, eats candy, and lives kinda like a lazy teenager.

I like the fact that he decided to donate a million dollars to charity, and overall, I think he is a good guy.

he was definitely brought up like that which is smart, keeps you out of trouble hence why his career has few extracurricular blemishes. I wish more guys were like that instead of out in the club blowing cash, nutting in hoes, getting babies and lawsuits. Ultimately all that causes is debt and a world of regret when most realize they have no real world applicable skills to translate post NBA for money.

Fudge
09-24-2014, 02:04 AM

:roll:

Budadiiii
09-24-2014, 02:10 AM
he was definitely brought up like that which is smart, keeps you out of trouble hence why his career has few extracurricular blemishes. I wish more guys were like that instead of out in the club blowing cash, nutting in hoes, getting babies and lawsuits. Ultimately all that causes is debt and a world of regret when most realize they have no real world applicable skills to translate post NBA for money.
:roll:

Rose ain't about that lifestyle. Stays on the social awkward tip. I'd rather stay in and play Madden and eat skittles than go out and party! I dig it, and like you said, if you're home all day keeping to yourself, you're not gonna find yourself in trouble like the guys who remain social and enjoy the party lifestyle.