PDA

View Full Version : When Are We Allowed To Say Rose Isn't the Same

SilkkTheShocker
09-24-2014, 01:34 PM
Or do we gotta hold on to the injury excuse for another season? Easily the worst player on the FIBA team. And looked like garbage last year.

fpliii
09-24-2014, 01:37 PM
If I'm being totally honest, he looks like he's 100% there in terms of athleticism and explosiveness.

His skills are nowhere near where they were though. I have no clue if he'll ever regain them, and if he does, how long it'll take.

AirTupac
09-24-2014, 01:40 PM
If he's still garbage by mid season with no improvement then probably by then.

moe94
09-24-2014, 01:42 PM
How about you wait for the actual season to start and give him some time. Is that possible?

Mr Exlax
09-24-2014, 01:44 PM
If I'm being totally honest, he looks like he's 100% there in terms of athleticism and explosiveness.

His skills are nowhere near where they were though. I have no clue if he'll ever regain them, and if he does, how long it'll take.

This. He doesn't even look timid to me. Just them skills are not there.

DukeDelonte13
09-24-2014, 01:56 PM
i'll go with midseason as well.

ImKobe
09-24-2014, 02:01 PM
Rose isn't the same.

There. I said it.

Pointguard
09-24-2014, 02:10 PM
You obviously can't read, if this is a question for you. Everybody has been saying this for months. It is still foul to take crazy shots at a guy until he's played in his regular system for a minute. I never seen so many people insecure about their player that they constantly have to do this. Outside of a few Kobe stans now, in general it was not the rule for when Kobe manned the top spot. Its only a Lebron stan preoccupation. Which lets you know who is more secure.

SamuraiSWISH
09-24-2014, 03:06 PM
By March ... assuming no games missed.

dannywpt
09-24-2014, 03:08 PM
Warning signs if no improvement by christmas time, alarm if no better by all-star break.

If he goes a fully healthy season playing like in the World Cup I think it's safe to say we won't come near MVP form again.

SamuraiSWISH
09-24-2014, 03:17 PM
If he goes a fully healthy season playing like in the World Cup I think it's safe to say we won't come near MVP form again.
:rolleyes:

His role, minutes, shot attempts, ability to knock off rust and get into actual rythym will be entirely different in the NBA than the World Cup. Which in of itself is an entirely different game.

NBA has more floor spacing. No zones. Less physicality. Rose's ability to get to the bucket was unparalleled in the more congested FIBA lane, in the NBA it's even more open. Longer three point line, etc.

Optimus Prime
09-24-2014, 03:30 PM
All Star break seems reasonable to sound the alarms if he's not the same yet. Who cares what he looked like playing against some Eurobums? We were crushing teams by tons of points so nobody had to really exert themselves for half the game. :confusedshrug:

SamuraiSWISH
09-24-2014, 03:34 PM
Well not only that but he got to the cup at will, put on some nice dribbling displays. Just rusty finishing at the rim, little timing, and with his jumper. That's not a big deal. So quick to critique this guy. Give him some time.

Mr Exlax
09-24-2014, 04:54 PM
Well not only that but he got to the cup at will, put on some nice dribbling displays. Just rusty finishing at the rim, little timing, and with his jumper. That's not a big deal. So quick to critique this guy. Give him some time.

Best thing is that he's not scared. I was almost sure he'd have some mental blocks but doesn't seem like it.

Milbuck
09-24-2014, 04:58 PM
Best thing is that he's not scared. I was almost sure he'd have some mental blocks but doesn't seem like it.
Especially after PG's injury..I thought for sure he'd either drop out of the tournament, or at least be conservative physically with his game. Obviously not the case.

SamuraiSWISH
09-24-2014, 05:09 PM
Especially after PG's injury..I thought for sure he'd either drop out of the tournament, or at least be conservative physically with his game. Obviously not the case.
So he in essence showed heart, and toughness. Something people are getting all over him about.

Shade8780
09-24-2014, 05:11 PM
It's not about giving him more time to improve. You can't come back from a torn ACL and then a torn MCL with two years of no basketball and be just as good as you were beforehand. Whether it's his athleticism, or his skills that are gone, I'm pretty sure he won't be winning any more MVPs.

That's not to say he won't come back and still be an effective player. Grant Hill, for example, came back and contributed in different ways and was a good player once again. Rose probably won't be the explosive, all-around monster that he used to be, but he'll probably change his game up and adapt to his circumstances.

AboutBuckets
09-24-2014, 05:22 PM
It's a great sign that his athleticism and general agility are still there. The skill and touch is the things that's much easier to gain back; you can't 'ease yourself back' into your old self physically, but getting used to finishing in contact and getting your jumper back into rhythm is something that's definitely happened for other players before.

CavaliersFTW
09-24-2014, 05:59 PM
Vintage Silkk with the hit and run :oldlol:

BigMacAttack
09-24-2014, 07:06 PM
How about you wait for the actual season to start and give him some time. Is that possible?

Stop being reasonable, that shit doesn't fly round these parts.

jaybee682
09-24-2014, 11:14 PM
I'll say it now, Rose will never be his 2011 self. And he does not have the skill set to become like a CP3 or Jason Kidd type player. The same with AI in Denver when he lost his athleticism. DROSE current style of play is to wild NOT to get injured again.

SamuraiSWISH
09-24-2014, 11:23 PM
The same with AI in Denver when he lost his athleticism.
Um, Iverson was great in Denver.

iamgine
09-24-2014, 11:43 PM
Give him a chance to regain his form. How long is a relative term. If there's no consistent improvement then we can say that pretty quick.

poido123
09-25-2014, 08:08 AM
Silk doing a stinky dump on ISH and then vanishes :oldlol:

Some things never change...

R.I.P.
09-25-2014, 08:26 AM
By March ... assuming no games missed.
Yeah. 5-6 months seem fair.

jaybee682
09-25-2014, 02:58 PM
Um, Iverson was great in Denver.

No he wasn't, he put up impressive numbers but he wasn't the POINT guard he was supposed to be to take that Nuggets team to a championship.