PDA

View Full Version : Does Monroe regret taking the QO?

boozehound
09-24-2014, 11:14 PM
Did he show his hand before he needed to?

I think 70/5 is more than monroe will get as a FA next season, but I guaranteee the pistons would have ponied up as we approaced october. Did he make a tactical mistake in this? Or does he want out so bad that millions of dollars is not worth staying?

NuggetsFan
09-25-2014, 12:21 AM
I wouldn't have took that kinda gamble. Maybe not regret but gotta think he'll be a little paranoid this season, and be ready to go out there and perform.

bdreason
09-25-2014, 02:43 AM
I'd offer Monroe MAX without hesitation. I'm surprised nobody made him a MAX offer during RFA.

Someone will offer him MAX next season assuming he doesn't get hurt... even if his numbers aren't great. We're talking about a guy who can be 20/10/3/1/1 on 50% with solid man defense.

JonatanRey
09-25-2014, 05:36 AM
I'd offer Monroe MAX without hesitation. I'm surprised nobody made him a MAX offer during RFA.

Someone will offer him MAX next season assuming he doesn't get hurt... even if his numbers aren't great. We're talking about a guy who can be 20/10/3/1/1 on 50% with solid man defense.

I heard something like he suggestted other teams not to offer him an offer sheet with any number because Detroit would match. He is not longer the promising star in the team and he preferred to gain less money this year and choose his future next summer. Saying that, I dont see his numbers to rise this season because of 1) Andre Drummond and 2) SVG.

He would get something close to 35M/3 years.

DukeDelonte13
09-25-2014, 08:39 AM
i just think he wants out. It's always foolish from a monetary perspective to take the QO because of all the unknowns that could happen.

Maybe SVG convinces him to stay?

Pushxx
09-25-2014, 10:32 AM

That's the problem: he doesn't have solid defense of any kind.

It's hard to say what his defense of potential is but he hasn't proven anything good on that end of the court.

HiphopRelated
09-25-2014, 10:38 AM
He doesn't want to be in Detroit, Bledsoe doesn't mind being in Phoenix. That's the difference.

wally_world
09-25-2014, 11:21 AM
I heard something like he suggestted other teams not to offer him an offer sheet with any number because Detroit would match. He is not longer the promising star in the team and he preferred to gain less money this year and choose his future next summer. Saying that, I dont see his numbers to rise this season because of 1) Andre Drummond and 2) SVG.

He would get something close to 35M/3 years.

If that's all it takes to get him I hope Phoenix will be all up on him next season

Dragic / Isaiah
Bledsoe / Goodwin
Tucker / Warren
Markieff / Marcus
Monroe / Plumlee

and perhaps use Green + Len to get some sort of upgrade at the forward positions :pimp:

Levity
09-25-2014, 12:12 PM
im a bit surprised PHX didnt offer him what they offered Bledsoe. It would have secured Dragic's spot as their full-time PG(even though its secure), and added a low post scorer to the team. Defense and shotblocking will still be an issue, though

ProfessorMurder
09-25-2014, 12:19 PM
He's outtie 5000 next year.