PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan: Danny Ferry is not a racist

oarabbus
09-25-2014, 03:14 AM
Tim Duncan says Danny Ferry is not a racist, talks his future
By Matt Moore | NBA writer
September 24, 2014 4:04 pm ET

Tim Duncan doesn't believe Danny Ferry is racist. (USATSI)
Tim Duncan doesn't believe Danny Ferry is racist. (USATSI)
In an interview with San Antonio sports radio ESPN 1250, Tim Duncan commented on the Danny Ferry controversy, and said he doesn't think Ferry "is a racist in any way."

Duncan: We both know Danny (Ferry). He's a jokester. He took it obviously too far, but he's not what everyone is calling him.

Duncan: "I don't think he's a racist in anyway. He said something that was absolutely wrong, but he's not a racist."

Ferry spent several years with the Spurs as a player and a member of management. He was an assistant in San Antonio after he was fired by the Cavaliers in 2010 before going to the Hawks. He has a long-standing relationship with the team.

Duncan also touched on some other topics during the interview:

He talked about how he kept his kids close with him during this latest playoff run so that they would have a memory of the experience. Duncan had his kids with him at his post-Finals-victory press conference. And the future Hall of Famer said that he was more excited about being illustrated in an upcoming "Punisher" comic than he is about being considered a top-five player in the NBA of all-time.

Maybe most interesting of the interview was that Duncan said he's not necessarily opposed to the idea of a role in the Spurs' organization. While saying he hasn't thought about it and that he likes to think he'll just hang out at his bike shop, he might have an interest in some sort of situation with the team.

That's surprising. I would have assumed that when Duncan walks out the door for the final time, the NBA would never see him again in person. He'd be the Loch Ness Monster of Hall of Famers. I'm doubtful he even shows up for his Hall of Fame induction.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24723387/tim-duncan-says-danny-ferry-is-not-a-racist-talks-his-future

Haymaker
09-25-2014, 07:40 AM
Well, case settled.

Akrazotile
09-25-2014, 11:23 AM
He talked about how he kept his kids close with him during this latest playoff run so that they would have a memory of the experience. Duncan had his kids with him at his post-Finals-victory press conference.

Yeah right. He knew bout the talk lately. He wanted everyone to see "hey i got kids! No homosex here yall! See, got the kids right here. You cant make these with other men! You believe me now dont you???"

Haymaker
09-25-2014, 12:00 PM
Yeah right. He knew bout the talk lately. He wanted everyone to see "hey i got kids! No homosex here yall! See, got the kids right here. You cant make these with other men! You believe me now dont you???"

Swimmers are usually gay, so you may have a point there. Timmy was training for olympic swimming before grabbing a basketball.

B-hoop
09-25-2014, 12:02 PM
See, he had experience grabbing balls before he even went into basketball

T_L_P
09-25-2014, 12:03 PM

Shit was a year ago - I haven't even heard it mentioned since then.

Watch the interview. Duncan says he doesn't know what the public thinks of him - and he doesn't care.

Better yet, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uobmrNTONvM

You think Duncan and his kids are acting there maybe?

Nowitness
09-25-2014, 02:55 PM
Shit was a year ago - I haven't even heard it mentioned since then.

Watch the interview. Duncan says he doesn't know what the public thinks of him - and he doesn't care.

Better yet, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uobmrNTONvM

You think Duncan and his kids are acting there maybe?

Look closely at 7 seconds, he sees the camera and changes to his loving father persona. Sorry guy, the dude is closeted.

Even worse? He refuses to admit this, he is the reason homophobia exists and you think the man is a great guy?

http://rs1img.memecdn.com/no-no-no_o_822560.jpg

HomieWeMajor
09-25-2014, 04:54 PM
Tim is my mother's brother