PDA

View Full Version : Ballmer Bans Team from Using Apple Products

qrich
09-25-2014, 06:03 PM
teve Ballmer won't be making any new Apple friends in the near future. Not after his next move. According to numerous reports, Ballmer plans to ban any Apple products used by the team. This is logical because Ballmer was the former CEO of Apple's biggest competitor, Microsoft.

Ballmer has banned his own family from using Apple products.

This ban is just one of the many things that will be new to the Clippers as they usher in a whole new era after the Donald Sterling saga. New owner and even new technology.

The Clippers will get rid of their iPads and other Apple devices but I don't know about the players. I would find it odd if Ballmer made them get rid of their iPhones. But apparently most have Windows phones so the change won't be that much of a problem. But the change could be a good one for the Clips and they look to contend in the Western Conference again this year.

Looks like some of the players make have to stop thinking about buying that new iPhone 6 because their owner won't be happy seeing them with that phone around the facility.

Link (http://blogofsports.sportsblog.com/posts/1097911/clippers_owner_steve_ballmer_to_ban_team_from_usin g_apple_products.html)

HARDCORE!!

no pun intended
09-25-2014, 06:06 PM
lmao baller

Levity
09-25-2014, 06:06 PM
Ballmer obviously posts in the OTC forum

Real Men Wear Green
09-25-2014, 06:15 PM
There's no question that he can do that with team-issued and owned merchandise but does he have the right to make a player stop using something they own privately? The limit of it would probably be banning them from team facilities.

buddha
09-25-2014, 06:45 PM
i thought only white girls and wannabe djs used apple products?

JimmyMcAdocious
09-25-2014, 07:42 PM
Only hipsters and teen girls use Apple products anyway.

Killbot
09-25-2014, 09:23 PM
:applause:

Sarcastic
09-25-2014, 09:24 PM
Doing the team a favor.

Ass Dan
09-25-2014, 11:01 PM
I hope they waste a 4th quarter time out waiting for their windows tablets to load.

edrick
09-25-2014, 11:10 PM
I think the worst part is that most of them have Windows phones? :wtf:

LAZERUSS
09-25-2014, 11:11 PM
Tyrant running a sweat shop...

Cocaine80s
09-25-2014, 11:15 PM
if i was on the clippers i would request a trade immediately

no way in hell im ditching my iphone for some poverty android

rhowen4
09-25-2014, 11:17 PM
i thought ballmer was gone from microsoft?

steve jobs would never have allowed this

All Net
09-26-2014, 03:18 AM
What are the chances they get bent out of shape?

no pun intended
09-26-2014, 03:22 AM
I better not see any Beats then.

iamgine
09-26-2014, 03:24 AM
I LOLed at "most have Windows phones" :lol

I would have thought they have Android phones.

shadow
09-26-2014, 03:28 AM
clipper players have windows phones? Who da **** has windows phones?
I guess this means apple will be sponsoring the Lakers soon unless they suck again this year...

jstern
09-26-2014, 03:51 AM
There's no question that he can do that with team-issued and owned merchandise but does he have the right to make a player stop using something they own privately? The limit of it would probably be banning them from team facilities.

From the other story that I read on this it sounded more tongue and cheek. Doc says, "We'll probably have to get rid of these iPads." Something to that effect, which Steve replies something like, "I promise I'll do it during the off season to not interfere with the team."

Those aren't the exact quotes but what I got from their comments. Then controversy.

dunksby
09-26-2014, 04:19 AM
I like this guy :lol

Soundwave
09-26-2014, 04:27 AM
i thought only white girls and wannabe djs used apple products?

Not that I give a flying f*ck either way (it's a phone they all do the same thing), but the Apple Store in my neck of the woods is always like 100x busier than the sad Windows outlet store, which is really nice but has like 3 people in it at a time.

SpanishACB
09-26-2014, 05:01 AM

only people that never had an iphone think this way

they justify themselves for owning a shitty android

Trollsmasher
09-26-2014, 05:16 AM
slaver

confirmed for worse than Sterling

bigkingsfan
09-26-2014, 05:27 AM
Windows Phones and Surface are crap, in before trade request.

Phenith
09-26-2014, 07:10 AM
Considering Apple has admitted their is a backdoor in their IOS (which they say isn't for the NSA, lol) and the recent hack of their iCloud to get those nude celeb pics along with the fact their products since Steve Jobs died have been crap (latest being the iPhone 6 that bends in your pocket... lol, what!?!?!) it's not a big surprise a Microsoft guru doesn't want those things around his 2 billion dollar investment. Whole countries have banned the iPhone because of the ability of the NSA to get data from Apple about anyone who uses an iPhone any time they want.
Couple of articles about the back door into your iDevices, many more if you google it.
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/10970/20140723/ios-backdoor-entry-is-real-says-jonathan-zdziarski-not-for-nsa-says-apple.htm
http://www.techweekeurope.co.uk/news/ios-backdoor-apple-security-149635

It's not a surprise players are using smartphones with Windows on them, any advisor with any tech knowledge would recommend a phone with Windows for anyone concerned about securing their digital identity.

SpanishACB
09-26-2014, 07:20 AM
It's not a surprise players are using smartphones with Windows on them, any advisor with any tech knowledge would recommend a phone with Windows for anyone concerned about securing their digital identity.

Bullshit. The nude pics is most likely viral. Or a Cloud exploit that could very easily be off a windows OS PC.

Advisors recommending a certain phone brand are either paid by that brand or stupid. The best advice with technology is "don't be a ****ing idiot".

It's lke when people claimed Macintosh couldn't get viruses. Demagogy. No one used Macs so no virus were deveoloped for he plataform. Now that everyone uses iOS, there's plenty of market for exploits. If Windows Phones where half as popular as iPhones, they'd have the same amount of shit.

Even then, you're basing all this off the nude pics which I insist, is most likely part of a viral campaign.

hawkfan
09-26-2014, 08:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eywi0h_Y5_U

Ballmer rips iPhone, "It may sell very well."

Oops.

Walker
09-26-2014, 08:30 AM
LOL clearly someone who's never used WP 8.1, takes a giant dump all over iOS and Android in every way shape and form. Not to mention WP 8.1 phones, especially the new range Nokias(insane amount of out-of-the-box features, even the cheap ones) are destroying everyone else in sales.

Don't talk about things you don't know about.. (it makes you look stupid).

ralph_i_el
09-26-2014, 08:37 AM
if i was on the clippers i would request a trade immediately

no way in hell im ditching my iphone for some poverty android
You would have an iphone:facepalm
Children smh

IPhone is constantly behind windows and android. I've finally finished converting to no-apple products myself. Wasn't too hard since they all fall apart after 2 years.

chocolatethunder
09-26-2014, 10:33 AM
I better not see any Beats then.
I hope not either because those are the worst headphones you could ever own. They are all hype and sound like shit. People who shell out money for those things are morons. They are high dollar, low fidelity but great at marketing. Ask any producer studio musician, audiophile and they will tell you the same thing.

Le Shaqtus
09-26-2014, 10:42 AM

hehehehehehehehe

moe94
09-26-2014, 11:15 AM
:oldlol:

gts
09-29-2014, 02:27 PM
During today's media session

J.A. Adande ‏@jadande 5m
Doc Rivers, in middle of answering a question about Ballmer: "Hold on, I've got to turn my iPhone off."

KyrieTheFuture
09-29-2014, 02:37 PM
Clippers already had a security leak that got its last owner blackballed they don't need shitty Apple security causing another one

beastmode
09-29-2014, 02:43 PM
Doc just spoke at the clippers media day when his phone rang and he said, "oops I forgot to shut down my iPhone". Article sounds like bs

lakerspng
09-29-2014, 02:55 PM

you're joking right?

how about anyone in the media world/creative professional.

only thing worth doing on a windows computer is gaming.

bigkingsfan
09-29-2014, 07:41 PM
LOL clearly someone who's never used WP 8.1, takes a giant dump all over iOS and Android in every way shape and form. Not to mention WP 8.1 phones, especially the new range Nokias(insane amount of out-of-the-box features, even the cheap ones) are destroying everyone else in sales.

Don't talk about things you don't know about.. (it makes you look stupid).

Nokia 520 is my backup phone and offline gps and the app support is horrible vs ios/android. Want to use a chromecast with windows phone, you can't. :roll:

oarabbus
09-29-2014, 08:10 PM
you're joking right?

how about anyone in the media world/creative professional.

only thing worth doing on a windows computer is gaming.

Not just media world, they're remarkably common in industry in the Silicon Valley and all of its tech companies.

JimmyMcAdocious
09-29-2014, 08:20 PM
Oh look, it's the apple fanboys.

They're more sensitive than the Wilt-stans on here.

TheMilkyBarKid
09-29-2014, 08:33 PM
If it was just iPhones I'd agree as they are terrible.

ralph_i_el
09-29-2014, 09:18 PM
most of my peers got macbooks coming into college. I invested in an HP Elitebook 8540w. It's still kicking ass years later while most of their computers are destroyed:roll:

I value durability when it comes to tech. Even if it means my laptop weighs as much as an M4 carbine :roll:

Mrofir
09-29-2014, 09:51 PM

Have experience with all of the above. There are many ways iOS is still a smoother experience but if one wants something closer to a laptop in tablet form, the surface is unbeatable. Just one example: You can run steam on a surface (pro).

Surface owners play Rayman Legends while ipad owners play Rayman Jungle Fever.

Cocaine80s
09-29-2014, 09:53 PM
most of my peers got macbooks coming into college. I invested in an HP Elitebook 8540w. It's still kicking ass years later while most of their computers are destroyed:roll:

I value durability when it comes to tech. Even if it means my laptop weighs as much as an M4 carbine :roll:
i still have a macbook pro from 2010 that is still smooth as ****.

wtf have your friends been doing lol

ralph_i_el
09-29-2014, 10:26 PM
i still have a macbook pro from 2010 that is still smooth as ****.

wtf have your friends been doing lol

idk, but I have seen a ton of spider cracks on Macbook screens. Also the keys aren't removable so that can cause issues if stuff gets in there. My roommate's touchpad died too.

Maybe macbook users are more prone to damaging their tech :confusedshrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLvGeciMUD4 This is highlights of them torture testing my model of PC. They literally pour water in the keyboard and it just drains out:bowdown: I did drunkenly tear out the LAN port once though

bigkingsfan
09-30-2014, 01:40 AM
Have experience with all of the above. There are many ways iOS is still a smoother experience but if one wants something closer to a laptop in tablet form, the surface is unbeatable. Just one example: You can run steam on a surface (pro).

Surface owners play Rayman Legends while ipad owners play Rayman Jungle Fever.

Yes, I currently own a surface pro, but I find the kickstand design annoying. I'm going back to a traditional laptop.

G-train
09-30-2014, 01:56 AM
Not that I give a flying f*ck either way (it's a phone they all do the same thing), but the Apple Store in my neck of the woods is always like 100x busier than the sad Windows outlet store, which is really nice but has like 3 people in it at a time.

Apples must be better then.

:facepalm