PDA

View Full Version : Cavs to acquire Bogans?

Hey Yo
09-25-2014, 07:52 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 3m

Sources say Cavs are expected to package their three non-guaranteed deals (Erik Murphy, John Lucas and Malcolm Thomas) in trade for KBogans

RoundMoundOfReb
09-25-2014, 07:56 PM
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine

RedBlackAttack
09-25-2014, 08:01 PM
[QUOTE=RoundMoundOfReb]Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine

JT123
09-25-2014, 08:07 PM
In b4 "How much more help does Lebron need?" :mad:
:rolleyes:

SavageMode
09-25-2014, 08:09 PM
As long as he doesn't get minutes.
Boggles me how this scrub is still in the NBA.
And how many teams have relied on this scrub just to watch him fail.

Hey Yo
09-25-2014, 08:11 PM
He's not going to get starter minutes

RedBlackAttack
09-25-2014, 08:13 PM
He played 9 minutes a game last year. I don't think anyone was relying on him. He may never even see the court in Cleveland playing behind Waiters, Miller, Jones and Harris... possibly Ray Allen, too. :oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
09-25-2014, 08:17 PM
I heard James name mentioned I this thread so I'm just going to assume he's being sent back for Bogans. Sounds fair.

RedBlackAttack
09-25-2014, 08:28 PM
I heard James name mentioned I this thread so I'm just going to assume he's being sent back for Bogans. Sounds fair.
James Jones is way too much to give up, imho.

Nash
09-25-2014, 08:28 PM
Cavs have over 16m in non-guaranteed contracts next summer with Bogans and Haywood to use in a trade.

dem cavs collecting all kinds of pieces. no more old min vet players for Lebron.

Hey Yo
09-25-2014, 08:50 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 10m

ESPN link to story on Keith Bogans trade agreed to by Cleveland and Boston on eve of Cavs training camp - http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11589630/cleveland-cavaliers-trade-boston-celtics-keith-bogans …

ballinhun8
09-25-2014, 09:15 PM
Boston helping Cleveland get Love and now possibly more helpful players :facepalm

LeBron will be a great GM when he retires.

RedBlackAttack
09-25-2014, 09:25 PM
Boston helping Cleveland get Love and now possibly more helpful players :facepalm

LeBron will be a great GM when he retires.
I'm sure David Griffin is in constant consultation with LeBron every time they make a roster/salary move.

Meticode
09-25-2014, 09:59 PM
With Haywood and Bogans this gives the Cavs about $16 million as a trade dangle in ungaranteed contracts next year. Could be used for a really good player that might be on his way out, or some good players.

LakersFan626
09-25-2014, 10:22 PM

To be fair, he DOES play good defense.

RedBlackAttack
09-25-2014, 10:27 PM
The Cavs actually could use these two contracts for Roy Hibbert next season if they were so inclined and the Pacers wanted to cut ties. His player option is just under $16 million.

Larry Sanders is another option at $11 million next season. If the Bucks wanted more than just an expirer, this would allow us to absorb more of their salary.

Hell, maybe even a guy like DeAndre Jordan in some kind of S&T?

So many potential options now. Amazing job by the front office.

ballup
09-25-2014, 10:33 PM
I don't get why Ainge does this.

Eric Cartman
09-25-2014, 10:37 PM
He played 9 minutes a game last year. I don't think anyone was relying on him. He may never even see the court in Cleveland playing behind Waiters, Miller, Jones and Harris... possibly Ray Allen, too. :oldlol:

9 minutes too many...

Derka
09-25-2014, 10:41 PM

Because f*cks...he gives none.

ballup
09-25-2014, 10:42 PM
Because f*cks...he gives none.
I got it. Ainge sent Bogans to Cleveland to mess up their locker room! Genius move. :applause:

Ass Dan
09-25-2014, 10:57 PM
is he good?

can the Cavs get him? (yes!)

Hahahahahaha, this team better win 70 and a chip next year, anything else is an utter disaster.

hawkfan
09-25-2014, 11:28 PM

Celtics get 2 2nd round picks for a guy they were going to waive anyway.
And 2 2nd round picks can typically be turned into a late 1st round pick, or they can be used as part of another type of trade.

ballinhun8
09-25-2014, 11:31 PM
I'm sure David Griffin is in constant consultation with LeBron every time they make a roster/salary move.

Is this sarcasm???

Damn you rba!!

Good motivation for us though. Go through Bogans to get to the finals.

Pushxx
09-25-2014, 11:42 PM
Makes sense for both teams, though the Celtics have still have a billion players on their roster even after cutting some today.

All Net
09-26-2014, 03:43 AM
Those assets will be huge next summer.

poido123
09-26-2014, 03:49 AM
Those assets will be huge next summer.

To think you can add another star to love/irving/lebron is absurd.

The league might as well throw it in after this year :oldlol:

BlackWhiteGreen
09-26-2014, 07:42 AM
Ainge :bowdown:

To confirm, he's traded the following in the last ~15 months:

Doc Rivers, Garnett, Pierce, Jason Terry, Keith Bogans, MarShon Brooks, Jordan Crawford, Kris Humphries S&T, conditional 2016 2nd rounder, top 55 protected 2015 2nd rounder

For this:

1 2014 first round pick (Nets; selected James Young 17th)
2 2015 first round picks (Clippers unconditional; 76ers top-14 protected, if not conveyed becomes 15+16 2nd rounders)
1 2015 2nd round pick (Washington, top 49 protected)
2 2016 1st rounders (Nets unconditional, Cleveland top 10 protected)
1 2016 2nd rounder (Miami unconditional)
2017 pick swap option with Nets
1 2018 1st rounder (unconditional, Nets)

(and a bunch of garbage players)

kurple
09-26-2014, 09:10 AM
Holy mother of god. I love it. :bowdown:

That could be used on another max player... or a couple really good ones.
no one is dumping anyone good for nothing.

they wouldnt dump them if they were any good. sure, you can get Al Harrington or something

kurple
09-26-2014, 09:12 AM
The Cavs actually could use these two contracts for Roy Hibbert next season if they were so inclined and the Pacers wanted to cut ties. His player option is just under $16 million.

Larry Sanders is another option at $11 million next season. If the Bucks wanted more than just an expirer, this would allow us to absorb more of their salary.

lol, DJ and Sanders. Both teams could get more from half the league.

might be able to get hibbert if he continues like he did last season. but why would you want him then?

cavs. lol. it was the same when they thought they could get Mozgov for free, just because Blatt loves him.

#number6ix#
09-26-2014, 09:59 AM
Kd to cleveland next year????

Demitri98
09-26-2014, 10:08 AM
:roll:

pegasus
09-26-2014, 11:46 AM
I'm sure Lebron is already working on his pitch, but KD doesn't seem like a bitch.

JT123
09-26-2014, 05:00 PM
lol, DJ and Sanders. Both teams could get more from half the league.

might be able to get hibbert if he continues like he did last season. but why would you want him then?
Sometimes all a guy needs is a change in scenery to revitalize his career. The Pacers have trouble scoring, which means he often get's criticized for his lack of offensive moves. Cavs don't have this issue, and no one will criticize him if he goes scoreless. All he would have to to is rebound and block shots. Cleveland would be perfect for him now that I think about it. Make it happen Bron! :pimp:

El Gato Negro
09-26-2014, 11:44 PM
Griff continues to play gm of the year :applause:

qrich
09-26-2014, 11:46 PM

Why the hell do Cav fans think the Clippers will deal Jordan for garbage? First it was something with Andy V and now, for absolutely nothing?

Cleveland does not have the moveable pieces to acquire Jordan. Stop with the bullshit.

ballinhun8
09-26-2014, 11:47 PM
LeBron continues to play gm of the year :applause:

Fixed.

El Gato Negro
09-27-2014, 04:18 AM
Fixed.
Griffin has been making great decisions since he took over, way before bran was back in the picture. He cleaned house getting rid of everyone from the brown/ferry era that needed to go.

Nash
09-27-2014, 01:49 PM
off to philly. wonder whats going on in cleveland right now.

Meticode
09-27-2014, 02:04 PM
off to philly. wonder whats going on in cleveland right now.
This is the take from it...

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 1m
Slick Bogans move. Ensures CLE stays below tax, creating more flexibility for trades, and Bogans TPE functions like his contract would've

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 1m
Complicates dream of aggregating Bogans/Haywood in summer, but better for this season. Haywood's $ big enough to get good player on its own

All Net
09-27-2014, 02:15 PM
Hopefully he didn't unpack.

Legends66NBA7
09-27-2014, 02:53 PM
Cavs trade Keith Bogans to 76ers

Details and explanations.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11598637/keith-bogans-traded-cleveland-cavaliers-philadelphia-76ers

The Cleveland Cavaliers continue to make moves, striking a deal Saturday to move newly acquired guard Keith Bogans to the Philadelphia 76ers, according to sources involved in the process.

Sources told ESPN that the Sixers will receive a future second-round pick from the Cavs for taking on Bogans, whose $5.3 million salary this season and $5.5 million salary next season are fully unguaranteed.

The Cavs will create a $5.3 million trade exception in the process. They had just acquired Bogans on Thursday from the Boston Celtics in a five-player deal that saw rookie Dwight Powell and the unguaranteed contracts of John Lucas, Erik Murphy and Malcolm Thomas go to Boston.

The Celtics created a similar trade exception in that deal and also received two future second-round picks from the Cavs.

The Cavs were motivated to turn around and move Bogans so quickly, sources said, to ensure they stay away from the league's $78 million luxury-tax threshold for the 2014-15 season.

Cleveland hopes that, by moving Bogans into the Sixers' cap space, its new trade exception generated by this deal with be as valuable as a trade chip and simply keeping Bogans and dangling him in potential deals over the next several months.

The Cavs still possess another valuable potential trade piece in veteran center Brendan Haywood, whose $10.5 million salary in 2015-16 is fully unguaranteed and thus likely to appeal to teams seeking ‎cap relief.

Cleveland can now no longer aggregate the contracts of Bogans and Haywood ‎next summer to potentially pursue a player with a superstar salary, but trading Bogans away now likely ensures that the Cavs will have no luxury-tax issues at season's end.

wakencdukest
09-27-2014, 02:58 PM
In b4 "How much more help does Lebron need?" :mad:
:rolleyes:

He needs a center and a shooting guard.

BigTicket
09-27-2014, 03:06 PM
Makes sense to move Bogans. The luxury tax is no joke, especially for repeat offenders, and the Cavs will almost certainly have to exceed it next year.

Besides, they don't need to add anymore big contracts, and Bogans trade exception will work just fine to add a role player.

Fun fact: With this trade Cleveland now has a smaller payroll than Miami does for the 2014-2015 season.

RedBlackAttack
09-28-2014, 02:18 PM
Makes sense to move Bogans. The luxury tax is no joke, especially for repeat offenders, and the Cavs will almost certainly have to exceed it next year.

Besides, they don't need to add anymore big contracts, and Bogans trade exception will work just fine to add a role player.

Fun fact: With this trade Cleveland now has a smaller payroll than Miami does for the 2014-2015 season.
David Griffin putting in work. :applause:

Heat_Fan21
09-28-2014, 08:11 PM

Fun Fact: Irving, Waiters, and Thompson are still making rookie wages. It'll get more complicated once those guys have to be paid.

Cocaine80s
09-28-2014, 08:27 PM
Fun Fact: Irving, Waiters, and Thompson are still making rookie wages. It'll get more complicated once those guys have to be paid.
didnt Kyrie just get a max deal?

Cavalier
09-28-2014, 08:46 PM

He"s still on the last year of his rookie deal, max deal kicks in next year.

navy
09-28-2014, 08:48 PM
How much is Dan Gilbert willing to gamble on this year? Might be a perfect time to get a real center and handicap the team moving forward for a year or two of being the favorites.

Meticode
09-28-2014, 08:59 PM
Yes, but he's still on his $7+ million contract.

qrich
09-28-2014, 09:59 PM
Glad this happened, hope it puts an end to idiotic Cav fans thinking they can get DeAndre for shite and Waiters, who is shite as well.

DukeDelonte13
09-28-2014, 10:10 PM
Glad this happened, hope it puts an end to idiotic Cav fans thinking they can get DeAndre for shite and Waiters, who is shite as well.
where do you see any cavs fan proposing that?