PDA

View Full Version : I don't blame Lebron for leaving Miami, look at these advanced stats:

SavageMode
09-26-2014, 02:28 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2014_finals.html

2014 NBA Finals

Lebron averaged the most points of any player between both the Spurs and the Heat with 28.2 points. The 2nd highest averaged points scored was by Tony Parker at 18 points again.

Lebron scored the most points in the NBA finals with 141 points, 2nd highest scorer was Tony Parker with 90 points.

Basically scored 50+ more than the 2nd highest scorer in the series.

On the Heat

The 2nd highest scorer was D-Wade with 76 points on 15.2 pts per game. :roll: :roll:

70 points below Lebron.

It just screams the fact that Lebron carried these scrubs.
What a joke of a team.

Basically Lebron avg'd 28 pts/8 rbs/4 asts
A player averaging that stat line is the last reason this Heat team got plowed in the Finals by the Spurs.

Good for Lebron leaving those lazy scrubs who got comfortably being carried by a God-tier player.

Lebron lead the playoffs in winshares at 4.3 and was clear most valuable player of the Finals despite losing.

JT123
09-26-2014, 02:34 AM
You are absolutely correct. :applause: And before some idiot tries to bring up "his man" getting Finals MVP, 80 percent of Leonard's points came when Lebron was NOT guarding him. The Heat have never played a man to man defensive scheme, and Leonard merely took advantage of other Heat player having to switch onto him.

Hoopz2332
09-26-2014, 07:57 AM
any non-hater would realize this:applause:

305Baller
09-26-2014, 07:59 AM
It's obvious the Heat needed to retool.

Doranku
09-26-2014, 08:01 AM
Outside of game 2, LeBron's impact was very pedestrian. Scored lots of points in garbage time while getting blown out. :oldlol: Didn't they lose all four of their games by 15+ points? Who f*ckin' cares what he averaged? The series was a massacre.

SHAQisGOAT
09-26-2014, 08:10 AM
Series still fresh in our minds and you're trying to base everything on stats? Wait a few years :lol

Stats never tell the whole story, you kids need to learn that... in this case, Bron's impact wasn't as good as his stats suggest, Spurs played incredibly though also, I'mma leave it at that.

r15mohd
09-26-2014, 08:55 AM
Series still fresh in our minds and you're trying to base everything on stats? Wait a few years :lol

Stats never tell the whole story, you kids need to learn that... in this case, Bron's impact wasn't as good as his stats suggest, Spurs played incredibly though also, I'mma leave it at that.

would you like to push forth any other Heat's impact compared to Lebron's? :confusedshrug: you can state it wasn't much but if Lebron's impact wasn't much, as you claim, then the remaining Heat squad was basically invisible.

so in reality, as far the Miami Heat goes for the 2014 Finals...Lebron had the ONLY really impact from the team. some people definitely need to "learn that" :rolleyes:

DrunkenDave
09-26-2014, 09:59 AM
Outside of game 2, LeBron's impact was very pedestrian. Scored lots of points in garbage time while getting blown out. :oldlol: Didn't they lose all four of their games by 15+ points? Who f*ckin' cares what he averaged? The series was a massacre.

So, when LeBron plays in garbage time he's stattpadding, and when not, he is called "LeQuit"? I don't understand how he can be both, can you explain it to me?

HiphopRelated
09-26-2014, 10:12 AM
They all shat the bed, Lebron just got them garbage points in

Crimsonrain777
09-26-2014, 10:19 AM
didn't most of the spurs defensive game plan revolve around letting Lebron get his on offense and containing everyone else? these stats show that

riseagainst
09-26-2014, 10:43 AM
yeah.... scoring 28 a game when you are given 5 feet of space to shoot on every possession. What a god.

if MJ or Kobe were given the same defensive lack of attention as Lebron did in both 2013 and 2014, they would have dropped 50+ a game.

:roll:

Dragic4Life
09-26-2014, 10:56 AM
I don't blame Lebron.

chips93
09-26-2014, 10:57 AM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s---VmFKMlS--/s9uxbfsgorvor3zciczo.png

http://regressing.deadspin.com/which-nba-players-are-best-late-in-the-shot-clock-1563759412

he also had to bail out his team at the end of the shot clock more than any other player in the league, which really surprised me, given he has another scorer in wade on his team.

it also disproves people's theory that lebron will pass out of shots and force his teammates to take bad shots at the end of the shot clock, to preserve his FG%.

its amazing he took the most of these tough shots in the league and still put up such great efficiency

chips93
09-26-2014, 10:59 AM
Lebron averaged the most points of any player between both the Spurs and the Heat with 28.2 points. The 2nd highest averaged points scored was by Tony Parker at 18 points again.

Lebron scored the most points in the NBA finals with 141 points, 2nd highest scorer was Tony Parker with 90 points.

why post both of these stats? the second one is redundant

chips93
09-26-2014, 11:01 AM
yeah.... scoring 28 a game when you are given 5 feet of space to shoot on every possession. What a god.

the fact that you have to give him that cushion is a testament to what a great driver and passer he is. he is too dangerous in the paint, so you have to give him that space, even though hes become a very good jump shooter.

ballinhun8
09-26-2014, 11:14 AM
Empty numbers.

His impact was minimal.

He gave up in Game 5 and wasn't s good enough leader in the three previous losses. Doesn't take anything says from 2012 or 2013. But those are just facts.

Bigsmoke
09-26-2014, 11:37 AM
Empty numbers.

His impact was minimal.

He gave up in Game 5 and wasn't s good enough leader in the three previous losses. Doesn't take anything says from 2012 or 2013. But those are just facts.

Erik Spoelstra took LeBron out so he could get some rest because he played the whole game until that point in that 4 quarter. After I think Parker or whoever drained 2 three pointers in a row within like 40 seconds he was like "**** it, game over"

blame Erik Spoelstra for manage minutes

PJR
09-26-2014, 11:47 AM
I don't blame the Heat cast for quitting on Bran against San Antonio, look at these advanced stats:

http://i.imgur.com/BXhKwLu.jpg

Payback's a biaaaatch

PsychoBe
09-26-2014, 12:22 PM
I don't blame the Heat cast for quitting on Bran against San Antonio, look at these advanced stats:

Payback's a biaaaatch

ether :roll: :roll: :roll:

chazzy
09-26-2014, 12:57 PM
Those stats are "advanced" for OP?

SpecialQue
09-26-2014, 01:06 PM
So, when LeBron plays in garbage time he's stattpadding, and when not, he is called "LeQuit"? I don't understand how he can be both, can you explain it to me?

It's the same as how the Lakers success during the Kobe/Shaq years alternated between the two. If the Lakers lost, it was because Kobe ****ed up. If they won, it's because Shaq=MDE.

As All Net said at one point in a Lebron thread, regardless of the facts, haters will hate no matter what.

JT123
09-26-2014, 02:05 PM

Payback's a biaaaatch
Wasn't Wade supposed to be guarding Terry? :wtf:

riseagainst
09-26-2014, 02:07 PM

didn't Jason Terry guard lebron? And didn't lebron guard Jason Terry and he drained a 3 in his face?

someone post that gif.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/115757024-jason-terry-of-the-dallas-mavericks-is-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=lGnjDs01aeQKqjld9R%2FRaZnJt12TPHLB9TwXYuB9Tg9F3f 8LcVxtEH49lQQnDmgt

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0609/dal_g_terry_b7_200.jpg

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmja9hfOen1qbiq9o.jpg

http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-OH490_061311_D_20110613100614.jpg

http://nsa27.casimages.com/img/2011/09/13/110913023905731886.gif

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_basketball_heat/files/2011/06/LeBron-James-Game-4-struggles1.jpg

Lord Bean
09-26-2014, 02:10 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmja9hfOen1qbiq9o.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5tyT4nPka7w/TfJX4ClNYBI/AAAAAAAAABo/1g7ZnzP74tw/s1600/i.jpeg

Prometheus
09-26-2014, 02:11 PM

if MJ or Kobe were given the same defensive lack of attention as Lebron did in both 2013 and 2014, they would have dropped 50+ a game.

Actually you're 100% wrong. San Antonio completely flipped the script on guarding LeBron from 2013 to 2014. In 2013, they sagged off and dared him to shoot, and while it began well, in the end he made them pay for it with a championship. This year, they guarded him tight all series long. No matter who was guarding him, they pressured the ball hard and made him work for every dribble. Do you actually watch basketball?

Nuff Said
09-26-2014, 02:33 PM

What finals did you watch? Kawhi was playing him tight. Lebron couldn't do shit.

SavageMode
09-26-2014, 03:19 PM
The sad part about the LeCramp game is that they were up like 6+ points when he got pulled out. And D-wade and Co. couldn't maintain that lead for like 4 minutes.

All Net
09-26-2014, 03:42 PM
They needed more, Lebron did his bit. Only much one guy can do against a great team.

ILLsmak
09-26-2014, 04:27 PM

They got absolutely demolished. Stats mean nothing when you get beaten that bad. You should never get beaten that bad in the playoffs unless it's 1 vs 8.

They got beaten so bad people were talking about the Spurs being an all time great team. haha.

Bron could have done more. If he would have gotten 40 per game and just drove it every time I would have respected him a lot more. The points he got were garbage points.

The only thing they did was help raise his finals FG%. Which I'm sure he's happy about.

-Smak

Paul George 24
09-26-2014, 07:30 PM
You are absolutely correct. :applause: And before some idiot tries to bring up "his man" getting Finals MVP, 80 percent of Leonard's points came when Lebron was NOT guarding him. The Heat have never played a man to man defensive scheme, and Leonard merely took advantage of other Heat player having to switch onto him.
loser and a coward

3ball
09-26-2014, 07:41 PM
In 21 out of the 24 years since 1991, the team leader in shot attempts on the Finals-winning team took more than 25.56% of the team's shots - which means that the load Lebron took on in 2014 Finals (25.56% of his team's shots) was not a large load, and the notion that he couldn't have done more, or that no one else would have done more, is wrong - 21 out of the last 24 did more.

The data shows that it's reasonable to ask Lebron to take more shots - it WAS indeed feasible - and since it was feasible and his team needed it, he should be blamed for not providing it.

The Heat needed it because they had the worst offense of any Spurs opponent - and even though the media ignores this fact, the Heat's offense hurt them as much as their defense.

Various plays can be easier or tougher for a team based on the level of confidence, optimism, energy, adrenaline, etc that they have at the time of the play - said another way, momentum... The Heat's bad offense and inability to answer the Spurs buckets contributed to the Spurs' momentum and the way the games progressed as much as bad defense... The Heat's defense had a harder job due to their bad offense that couldn't limit the Spurs momentum.

A more consistent effort throughout the games from Lebron would have made the difference in limiting the Spurs momentum - the only games the Heat had a chance to win were Games 1 and 2, where he was either on pace for, or actually got 35 points on 22 shots exactly - all coming when it mattered.

So people don't really know what they are talking about when they say it wouldn't have mattered if Lebron had shot more (like he did in Games 1 and 2)... They don't realize that 6 or 7 more ppg from Lebron doesn't just add to the Heat's offense, it makes their defense better too.. Dallas, OKC and Portland all had better offenses that could limit Spurs momentum to make it easier on their defense, and consequently, they all did better vs the Spurs than the Heat.

But despite it being both feasible for Lebron to take on a larger load (4th smallest load in 24 years) and necessary (the Heat had the worst offense which hurt them as much as bad defense), Lebron opted to continue his high efficiency, low-shot-attempt style like a fat cat on Wallstreet, hoarding his FG% and low-risk load like profits during an economic meltdown - but this approach failed to disrupt the Spurs defense or attract sufficient defensive attention to free up his teammates.

So I'll ask again - since when does a guy that didn't pass (turnovers equaled his assists) or play defense (blew his assignment on the Finals MVP) or take on a large load (4th smallest in 24 years) - so he basically just GOT HIS in a blowout loss - get to walk away without any blame?.. only when it makes monetary sense to keep up the MJ comparisons.

Eric Cartman
09-26-2014, 10:39 PM
People who defend Lebron in 2014 crucify Kobe in 2008 and viceversa when it was pretty much the same situation.

coin24
09-26-2014, 11:00 PM
OP:lol

Bran scored all his points in garbage time..
He was a no show in first halves when the blowouts started, unless you count turnovers..:oldlol:

SouBeachTalents
09-26-2014, 11:52 PM
People who defend Lebron in 2014 crucify Kobe in 2008 and viceversa when it was pretty much the same situation.

LeBron: 28, 8, 4 on 57%
Kobe: 26, 5, 5 on 41%

JT123
09-27-2014, 12:07 AM
I don't remember Lebron choking away a 25 point lead on his home court. :confusedshrug:

3ball
09-27-2014, 12:39 AM
So I'll ask again - since when does a guy that didn't pass (turnovers equaled his assists) or play defense (blew his assignment on the Finals MVP) or take on a large enough load to attract enough defensive attention to free up teammates (4th smallest load in 24 years) - so he basically just GOT HIS in a blowout loss - get to walk away without any blame?

I don't remember Lebron choking away a 25 point lead on his home court. :confusedshrug:
yeah, shame on kobe for going down swinging (2008), as opposed to getting his and leaving his teammates out in the cold (Lebron in 2014).

Lebron forced everyone to play to his game so he could put up his numbers.

Kobe didn't care about his FG%, or positioning his teammates perfectly on the floor so his FG% would be maximized... he knew he was always the top dog and could get buckets in whatever fashion that would allow Gasol and others to play to their strengths and not underperform... and they didn't - gasol and others played great.

Bandito
09-27-2014, 12:48 AM
the fact that you have to give him that cushion is a testament to what a great driver and passer he is. he is too dangerous in the paint, so you have to give him that space, even though hes become a very good jump shooter.
That just gives a testament how much respect the Spurs have for Lebron outside shot. Which is none in case you Lebrontards didnt get it

3ball
09-27-2014, 12:59 AM
That just gives a testament how much respect the Spurs have for Lebron outside shot. Which is none in case you Lebrontards didnt get it
Seriously... as if they gave him all that room because they knew he was a knock-down shooter... :rolleyes:

also, lebron fans, please answer this question for me, as i've asked it a few times times..

Since when does a guy that didn't pass (turnovers equaled his assists), or play defense (blew his assignment on the Finals MVP), who employs a style that forces teammates reduce their game so he can thrive, yet despite asking teammates for this sacrifice does not take on a large enough load to attract sufficient defensive attention to free up teammates (4th smallest load in 24 years) - so he basically just GOT HIS in a blowout loss and then acted like "it's your fault" - get to walk away without any blame and have everyone saying he played great?

It's baffling.. truly... :facepalm

No wonder Wade has designated Lebron as his new favorite opponent, replacing the great Kobe.

SavageMode
09-27-2014, 01:18 AM
Seems I hit the jackpot of butthurt nerves for all these fgts.

When I hit nerves it only means what I am saying is too true.

SavageMode
09-27-2014, 01:19 AM
This year, compared to 2013, they played Lebron differently by not giving him any room as they did last year.

Any basketball fan could understand and see that if they saw the finals.

SavageMode
09-27-2014, 01:20 AM
LeBron: 28, 8, 4 on 57%
Kobe: 26, 5, 5 on 41%
41% :roll: :facepalm :roll: :lol

Paul George 24
09-27-2014, 01:23 AM
41% :roll: :facepalm :roll: :lolj
james is a coward while kobe is a man,who loves challenge :applause:

3ball
09-27-2014, 01:32 AM
The sad part about the LeCramp game is that they were up like 6+ points when he got pulled out. And D-wade and Co. couldn't maintain that lead for like 4 minutes.

That's a small sample size - there were plenty of 4 minute stretches where Lebron was on the floor and getting blown out too.

It's funny how his the performance of his teammates seemed to fluctuate with Lebron's shot attempts - In game 1, his teammates played great and lebron was actually on pace for 22 shots, which is decent as a #1 option..

In game 2, ditto, because he came out inspired to make up for the cramps, so he also had a decent shot volume and teammates played great.

But after that, his shot volume dropped considerably, and they couldn't regain control of the series.

Lebron ended up getting his 28ppg, and that's enough to satisfy his base of fans.. however, in reality it was time for him to go, because his style in Miami had devolved into a get-my-FG%-first style, which took away from his passing ability against better competition that was competent enough to stay at home on his teammates.

PsychoBe
09-27-2014, 01:44 AM

dat nikka bran was getting blown out and boo'd at home after the 1st quarter :roll: :roll: :roll:

IMObjective
09-27-2014, 09:53 AM
Those stats are "advanced" for OP?
:oldlol: Didn't you see his in depth discussion on how many points LeBron and Tony Parker scored?

ZMonkey11
09-27-2014, 10:02 AM
So the summarize.

Don't be mad LeBron left his ex-gf for some flashy girl. But when that girl started getting ugly, don't blame LeBron for getting back with his ex cause the "new" girl became too much work he didn't want to deal with while the ex has a high chance to win the lottery.

Got it.

Vancouver-Grizz
09-27-2014, 02:20 PM
when people say LeBron CARRIED the team.... you talkin about the 1 game they won in the finals?

People forget that Wade and Bosh had a decent Playoff run until the finals so LeBron didn't really carry them for the entire post season.

Even the 1 finals game that they won, Wade played pretty good.

JT123
09-27-2014, 02:49 PM
when people say LeBron CARRIED the team.... you talkin about the 1 game they won in the finals?

People forget that Wade and Bosh had a decent Playoff run until the finals so LeBron didn't really carry them for the entire post season.

Even the 1 finals game that they won, Wade played pretty good.
No they didn't. Wade played well in the ECF, but was very mediocre in the 2 previous series. Same story with Bosh, who was very unimpressive with the exception of a few games in the ECF. And Lebron led the Heat in EVERY statistical category during the playoffs, which means he did indeed CARRY the team.

Crimsonrain777
09-27-2014, 03:17 PM
In 21 out of the 24 years since 1991, the team leader in shot attempts on the Finals-winning team took more than 25.56% of the team's shots - which means that the load Lebron took on in 2014 Finals (25.56% of his team's shots) was not a large load, and the notion that he couldn't have done more, or that no one else would have done more, is wrong - 21 out of the last 24 did more.

The data shows that it's reasonable to ask Lebron to take more shots - it WAS indeed feasible - and since it was feasible and his team needed it, he should be blamed for not providing it.

The Heat needed it because they had the worst offense of any Spurs opponent - and even though the media ignores this fact, the Heat's offense hurt them as much as their defense.

Various plays can be easier or tougher for a team based on the level of confidence, optimism, energy, adrenaline, etc that they have at the time of the play - said another way, momentum... The Heat's bad offense and inability to answer the Spurs buckets contributed to the Spurs' momentum and the way the games progressed as much as bad defense... The Heat's defense had a harder job due to their bad offense that couldn't limit the Spurs momentum.

A more consistent effort throughout the games from Lebron would have made the difference in limiting the Spurs momentum - the only games the Heat had a chance to win were Games 1 and 2, where he was either on pace for, or actually got 35 points on 22 shots exactly - all coming when it mattered.

So people don't really know what they are talking about when they say it wouldn't have mattered if Lebron had shot more (like he did in Games 1 and 2)... They don't realize that 6 or 7 more ppg from Lebron doesn't just add to the Heat's offense, it makes their defense better too.. Dallas, OKC and Portland all had better offenses that could limit Spurs momentum to make it easier on their defense, and consequently, they all did better vs the Spurs than the Heat.

But despite it being both feasible for Lebron to take on a larger load (4th smallest load in 24 years) and necessary (the Heat had the worst offense which hurt them as much as bad defense), Lebron opted to continue his high efficiency, low-shot-attempt style like a fat cat on Wallstreet, hoarding his FG% and low-risk load like profits during an economic meltdown - but this approach failed to disrupt the Spurs defense or attract sufficient defensive attention to free up his teammates.

So I'll ask again - since when does a guy that didn't pass (turnovers equaled his assists) or play defense (blew his assignment on the Finals MVP) or take on a large load (4th smallest in 24 years) - so he basically just GOT HIS in a blowout loss - get to walk away without any blame?.. only when it makes monetary sense to keep up the MJ comparisons.

:applause:

Bigsmoke
09-27-2014, 03:35 PM
j
james is a coward while kobe is a man,who loves challenge :applause:

Kobe actually averaged more assists :lol

Prometheus
09-28-2014, 12:56 PM

Seriously, did you guys not watch the Finals? The Spurs DID NOT give James a cushion this year!!! Yes, they dared him to shoot in 2013, and in the end he made them pay for it. This time around, their strategy was completely different. They played him very tight on defense in 2014 - this is not up for debate!

Blue&Orange
09-28-2014, 01:39 PM
Lebron averaged the most points of any player between both the Spurs and the Heat with 28.2 points. [B]The 2nd highest averaged points scored was by Tony Parker at 18 points again.

Tony Parker didn't play in garbage time unlike Lebron

and was clear most valuable player of the Finals despite losing.
Anyone who actually saw the games knows you are a retard.

Blue&Orange
09-28-2014, 01:49 PM
The sad part about the LeCramp game
This *** :lol

Dude cramp game =elbow game. Lebron already decided to bolt, threw his teammates under the bus, ZERO impact in the game, cherry picking, stat padding, garbage time, cherry picking, stat padding, garbage time over and over again.

Dude cherry picks his teams like he cherry picks his shots. Dude ain't sniffing Jordan even with the NBE gifting him 3 n

chips93
09-28-2014, 01:52 PM
Seriously, did you guys not watch the Finals? The Spurs DID NOT give James a cushion this year!!! Yes, they dared him to shoot in 2013, and in the end he made them pay for it. This time around, their strategy was completely different. They played him very tight on defense in 2014 - this is not up for debate!

where i was living at the time, my internet sucked, so i only caught one of the games

when talking about the cushion, i ment generally speaking, not just about the spurs series.

RedBlackAttack
09-28-2014, 02:49 PM
James had minimal impact on that series. Using it, specifically, as an indictment of his teammates is a red herring. The Heat were simply ineffective, as a team, against the Spurs. It is no surprise that LeBron is a great enough player to put up numbers regardless of the circumstances, but he was doing so in a series of games that weren't remotely close.

If you want to compare numbers in a series where they were actually competitive, that would be a different story. This is almost totally useless, though.

JT123
09-28-2014, 03:42 PM
James had minimal impact on that series. Using it, specifically, as an indictment of his teammates is a red herring. The Heat were simply ineffective, as a team, against the Spurs. It is no surprise that LeBron is a great enough player to put up numbers regardless of the circumstances, but he was doing so in a series of games that weren't remotely close.

If you want to compare numbers in a series where they were actually competitive, that would be a different story. This is almost totally useless, though.
Um, basketball is a TEAM sport. There is only so much impact one player can have if he is the only guy on his team that can make the Spurs work. Quite honestly this is kind of a troll comment. If I were to say that Kyrie is a minimal impact player due to the Cavs only winning 33 games in a weak conference, you would would warn me to stop trolling right? That's basically the equivalent of what you just said about Lebron. :rolleyes:

Blue&Orange
09-28-2014, 03:55 PM
Um, basketball is a TEAM sport. There is only so much impact one player can have if he is the only guy on his team that can make the Spurs work. Quite honestly this is kind of a troll comment. If I were to say that Kyrie is a minimal impact player due to the Cavs only winning 33 games in a weak conference, you would would warn me to stop trolling right? That's basically the equivalent of what you just said about Lebron. :rolleyes:
Um indeed, you know you can lose a game a still make a impact on said game right? :lol

Yes yes Lebron stats are amazing, too bad he got them when Matt Bonner was the Spurs paint protector in garbage time.

I can believe the lebrontards are trying to rewrite history with so few months passed.

JT123
09-28-2014, 03:57 PM
Um indeed, you know you can lose a game a still make a impact on said game right? :lol

Yes yes Lebron stats are amazing, too bad he got them when Matt Bonner was the Spurs paint protector in garbage time.

I can believe the lebrontards are trying to rewrite history with so few months passed.
Have you EVER made a comment on this board that wasn't about Lebron or his team? :biggums:

RedBlackAttack
09-28-2014, 04:01 PM
How does one even respond to this post? :oldlol:

The Heat were blown off the court in that series. It was one of the most lopsided Finals of my lifetime. James' statistics may have looked OK in the boxscore, but if you actually watched the games, he -- and the rest of the Heat -- were outclassed. There was nothing he was doing that was making it competitive or even remotely interesting.

As for comparing it to the Cavs' season last year... the difference is that I actually watched the Cavs play in all 82 games last year AND I watched the Finals. The key is watching the games and not basing your judgements simply around numbers in a box. You sort of proved my point by bringing up Kyrie/Cavs win totals when you probably actually watched them play a few quarters all season long.

JT123
09-28-2014, 04:15 PM
How does one even respond to this post? :oldlol:

The Heat were blown off the court in that series. It was one of the most lopsided Finals of my lifetime. James' statistics may have looked OK in the boxscore, but if you actually watched the games, he -- and the rest of the Heat -- were outclassed. There was nothing he was doing that was making it competitive or even remotely interesting.

As for comparing it to the Cavs' season last year... the difference is that I actually watched the Cavs play in all 82 games last year AND I watched the Finals. The key is watching the games and not basing your judgements simply around numbers in a box. You sort of proved my point by bringing up Kyrie/Cavs win totals when you probably actually watched them play a few quarters all season long.
So since you watched the games so intently, tell me what more he could have done to make things competitive.
Lebron literally tried everything in those 5 games. In game 3 he came out looking for his own offense hoping that his teammates would be able feed off of him, but they didn't and the game was basically over by halftime. In game 4 he tried getting his teammates going from the get go, but they couldn't make any of their open shots and were down huge after the first quarter. Then in the 3rd quarter he goes on a huge scoring binge, only to see the Spurs INCREASE their lead! :facepalm
So once again I ask you, other than matching the entire Spurs team bucket for bucket all by himself, what could Lebron have done to make the games competitive? :confusedshrug:

RedBlackAttack
09-28-2014, 04:29 PM
So since you watched the games so intently, tell me what more he could have done to make things competitive.
Lebron literally tried everything in those 5 games. In game 3 he came out looking for his own offense hoping that his teammates would be able feed off of him, but they didn't and the game was basically over by halftime. In game 4 he tried getting his teammates going from the get go, but they couldn't make any of their open shots and were down huge after the first quarter. Then in the 3rd quarter he goes on a huge scoring binge, only to see the Spurs INCREASE their lead! :facepalm
So once again I ask you, other than matching the entire Spurs team bucket for bucket all by himself, what could Lebron have done to make the games competitive? :confusedshrug:
Garbled nonsense.

You aren't going to beat that Spurs team by yourself. And, the Heat -- yes, the whole team -- needed to play better as a team. Throwing up a series of three-pointers that happened to go in during one of the Spurs' runs is going to have minimal impact. You can't sustain that kind of play. He was also averaging 4 turnovers per game against 4 assists for the series. For a guy with a 30+ percent usage rate, that ain't good.

Also, the Spurs were eating them alive on the other end of the floor. LeBron was a part of that defense that was getting annihilated nightly by the Spurs, was he not?

You said it... basketball is a team game. LeBron was a part of a team that was beaten unmercifully. He did nothing in that series to make him immune from any criticism. Like I said... good numbers, minimal impact. That's exactly what almost everyone on here was saying during The Finals. Just because we're now a few months out doesn't mean everyone suddenly forgets what actually happened.

JT123
09-28-2014, 05:02 PM
Garbled nonsense.

You aren't going to beat that Spurs team by yourself. And, the Heat -- yes, the whole team -- needed to play better as a team. Throwing up a series of three-pointers that happened to go in during one of the Spurs' runs is going to have minimal impact. You can't sustain that kind of play. He was also averaging 4 turnovers per game against 4 assists for the series. For a guy with a 30+ percent usage rate, that ain't good.

Also, the Spurs were eating them alive on the other end of the floor. LeBron was a part of that defense that was getting annihilated nightly by the Spurs, was he not?
Using his low assist numbers to try and say he didn't play well is garbage analysis to be honest. You can't get assists when your second best player is missing wide open layups and your shooters can't throw a rock into the ocean. As for the turnovers, anybody who HAS to handle the ball as much as he did is going to have high turnovers. I know the idiotic perception on this board is that Lebron doesn't like to let other players playmake, (not sure what your thoughts are on this) but whenever the team tried to let Wade or Chalmers handle the ball the Spurs would steal the rock from them with ease.
He could have played better defense, but again that is hard to do when you have to carry such a heavy offensive load. You don't seem to understand that one player alone can not make a game or series competitive. Let's be honest, if Wade and Bosh had actually played like stars and the games had been close you would not be saying Lebron had minimal impact.