PDA

View Full Version : Isiah Thomas just said Chalmers...

JT123
09-26-2014, 05:23 PM
will average 16-20 ppg this season! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Can I get a job at NBA TV, cause I could honestly be a better analyst than half of these guys. Just from the way he talked about Mario you could tell he's never actually spent any real time watching him play. There is a reason the Heat didn't let him handle the ball very often, and it's because he sucks at pretty much everything except spot up 3's. If he could average 16-20 ppg I'm sure there would have been at least ONE team trying to compete with Miami for his services this summer. Only reason he's still in the league is because Miami couldn't land anyone better. :lol

navy
09-26-2014, 05:26 PM
It's possible if Wade gets hurt I guess.

Smoke117
09-26-2014, 05:27 PM
:biggums:

Bobcats2013
09-26-2014, 05:28 PM
Wade is gonna play every game, win MVP and Deng will spot up threes and average 30-40ppg.

Shade8780
09-26-2014, 05:28 PM
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/58/1f/3d/581f3d004356da32a3bee433cc1284b7.jpg

Bobcats2013
09-26-2014, 05:29 PM

http://ih1.redbubble.net/image.12062010.7662/flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

TheReal Kendall
09-26-2014, 05:33 PM
It's possible. Y'all act like dude a scrub. He had to sacrifice just like everyone else when Lebron was there.

ballinhun8
09-26-2014, 05:39 PM
They won't hire 11 yr old for NBA TV.

Just face it. You're boy needs dem stacked teams doe

JT123
09-26-2014, 05:46 PM
And if he takes 30-35 shots a game. :lol

SyRyanYang
09-26-2014, 05:51 PM
on the lower end of that maybe.
14-16 ppg isn't impossible.

3ball
09-26-2014, 06:18 PM
JT is it you that I have the 1500 word essay bet with regarding the Heat winning 50 games?

it's going to be the easiest bet i've ever won.

everyone that had to sacrifice their games next to lebron so he could get his stats, will have breakout years now that they are finally freed from the shackles put on them by the king of suboptimal play, Ledictator.

idk if chalmers will get 16ppg, but i guarantee he'll get at least 13-14, which would be like, almost 50% more than he got with Lebron.

VIP2000
09-26-2014, 06:22 PM
JT is it you that I have the 1500 word essay bet with regarding the Heat winning 50 games?

it's going to be the easiest bet i've ever won.

everyone that had to sacrifice their games next to lebron so he could get his stats, will have breakout years now that they are finally freed from the shackles put on them by the king of suboptimal play, Ledictator.

idk if chalmers will get 16ppg, but i guarantee he'll get at least 13-14, which would be like, almost 50% more than he got with Lebron.

LeBron alone averages 27ppg, moron. Of course everyone's PPG will go up with LeBron gone. Unless you think Luol Deng can average that much.

3ball
09-26-2014, 06:28 PM
LeBron alone averages 27ppg, moron. Of course everyone's PPG will go up with LeBron gone. Unless you think Luol Deng can average that much.
lebron's supporting casts ALL have a long history of underperforming... ever since he entered the league, his suboptimal style does that to his supporting cast - that's why the story is FREQUENTLY how lebron's teammates underperformed.

otoh, look at jordan - once he started winning championships, you NEVER heard a story about Jordan's teammates underperforming, because his style was more optimal.

show me ONE story of paxson, kerr, or bj armstrong underperforming.... there are none... those guys only hit some of the clutchest shots ever because they were wide open thanks to the defensive attention Jordan garnered.... and paxson, kerr and armstrong are all less talented than ray allen, norris cole or chalmers.. :confusedshrug:

Jameerthefear
09-26-2014, 06:34 PM
lebron's supporting casts ALL have a long history of underperforming... ever since he entered the league, his suboptimal style does that to his supporting cast - that's why the story is FREQUENTLY how lebron's teammates underperformed.

otoh, look at jordan - once he started winning championships, you NEVER heard a story about Jordan's teammates underperforming, because his style was more optimal.

show me ONE story of paxson, kerr, or bj armstrong underperforming.... there are none... those guys only hit some of the clutchest shots ever because they were wide open thanks to the defensive attention Jordan garnered.... and paxson, kerr and armstrong are all less talented than ray allen, norris cole or chalmers.. :confusedshrug:
r u trolling

rlsmooth775
09-26-2014, 06:36 PM

you honestly think chalmers could average 13-14 lol

Smook A.
09-26-2014, 06:36 PM
It's possible. Y'all act like dude a scrub. He had to sacrifice just like everyone else when Lebron was there.
Uhh because he is... What world are you living in?

GrapeApe
09-26-2014, 06:48 PM
I didn't hear Isiah's comments so I don't know the context, but I'm not sure where he thinks the shot attempts are going to come for Chalmers to average those numbers. He'll be a 4th option at best, maybe lower depending on McRoberts' role and Granger's health. He needs to focus on being a secondary ball handler/playmaker rather than being a scorer. That's where the bulk of his responsibilites wil be.

VIP2000
09-26-2014, 06:52 PM

I don't get it. So it's LeBron's fault that his teammates don't hit open shots. LeBron's Miami teammates have won 2 championships, so we will see how that goes after he's gone. But what has Mo Williams, JJ Hickson, Jamario Moon, Boobie Gibson etc done since they stopped playing with LeBron? Mo Williams has been pretty much been a 6th man everywhere else he played. Varejao has played well on awful Cavs teams, and the rest haven't really done anything worth note.

TheReal Kendall
09-26-2014, 06:52 PM
Uhh because he is... What world are you living in?

So he's the worst PG in the league?

It's not hard for him to get 16ppg especially since he will have a greater role now.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/chalmma01.html

He averaged per 36 mins like 11-10 ppg. So you telling me he can't get 5 to 6 more pts while being the primary ball handler?

3ball
09-26-2014, 06:53 PM
r u trolling
ray allen did a dunk in the Finals that was more athletic than anyone on the entire Spurs team could have done (other than Kawhi)..

and clearly, chalmers and cole, who are very athletic and can dunk with ease with two hands, are more talented than paxson and kerr - this is just as a fact.

back to ray allen - he's is the reason lebron's legacy has been saved... can you imagine if he was 1 for 5?

rlsmooth775
09-26-2014, 06:56 PM
ray allen did a dunk in the Finals that was more athletic than anyone on the entire Spurs team could have done (other than Kawhi)..

and clearly, chalmers and cole, who are very athletic and can dunk with ease with two hands, are more talented than paxson and kerr - this is just as a fact.

back to ray allen - he's is the reason lebron's legacy has been saved... can you imagine if he was 1 for 5?

hahahaha now your just making stuff up

JT123
09-26-2014, 06:57 PM

That 1500 word essay bet is with me, and if I were you I would get started right now. :lol
I will expect it to include intricate details about how Lebron is able to turn mediocre teams into power houses overnight. :pimp:

navy
09-26-2014, 06:59 PM

Chalmers and Cole can dunk with ease? :oldlol:

Dude, you never stop. You are one of the most agenda driven bullshit posters I have ever seen.

My God, i bet you would argue jordan's dick size if the opportunity presented itself and then Photoshop some proof to support it.

3ball
09-26-2014, 07:03 PM
hahahaha now your just making stuff up
show me a highlight of kerr, paxson, or armstong doing anything like this...

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/f2921b488e2c174947c19a867dc3677f.gif

TheReal Kendall
09-26-2014, 07:04 PM

Dude, you never stop. You are one of the most agenda driven bullshit posters I have ever seen.

My God, i bet you would argue jordan's dick size if the opportunity presented itself and then Photoshop some proof to support it.

:lol

They can dunk easy though. I definitely don't agree with him about them being better though.

Kerr and Pax rarely missed open shots. If Bron had those 2 they would have 3 rings.

navy
09-26-2014, 07:08 PM
:lol

They can dunk easy though. I definitely don't agree with him about them being better though.

Kerr and Pax rarely missed open shots. If Bron had those 2 they would have 3 rings.

They have a combined 27 dunks in 9 total seasons in 666 games played. What are you smoking? They can dunk like 99% of the NBA, but with ease? lol. I guess standards are low.

3ball
09-26-2014, 07:09 PM

Again, show me Paxson, Armstrong, or Kerr doing a play like this..

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/084f844b68059bd4184786ff2471ac4b.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/3e37f9bfc7862d74f376735b02e500bd.gif

Legends66NBA7
09-26-2014, 07:11 PM

Not in any order, but who on this list is a worse starter (you can bold which ones) ?

Chris Paul
Russell Westbrook
Stephen Curry
Tony Parker
Kyle Lowry
Mike Conley
Rajon Rondo
Kyrie Irving
Goran Dragic
Derrick Rose
John Wall
Jeff Teague
Kemba Walker
Deron Williams
Ty Lawson
Ricky Rubio
Jrue Holiday
Michael Carter-Williams
Brandon Jennings
Brandon Knight
Damian Lillard
Trey Burke
Patrick Beverly
Jeremy Lin
Jameer Nelson
Jose Calderon
George Hill

There's also guys who aren't starting that you could argue better too

Isaiah Thomas
Greivis Vasquez
Shaun Livingston
Devin Harris

TheReal Kendall
09-26-2014, 07:12 PM
They have a combined 27 dunks in 9 total seasons in 666 games played. What are you smoking? They can dunk like 99% of the NBA, but with ease? lol. I guess standards are low.

Compared to those Kerr and Pax? Yes with ease.

Compared to a Rose or Westbrook? :no:

3ball
09-26-2014, 07:12 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/084f844b68059bd4184786ff2471ac4b.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/3e37f9bfc7862d74f376735b02e500bd.gif

Look how talented these guys are!!!.... and they can SHOOT too!!!!!

You guys will be surprised at how good the Heat are next year... you guys will be shocked, seriously.

TheReal Kendall
09-26-2014, 07:14 PM
Not in any order, but who on this list is a worse starter (you can bold which ones) ?

Chris Paul
Russell Westbrook
Stephen Curry
Tony Parker
Kyle Lowry
Mike Conley
Rajon Rondo
Kyrie Irving
Goran Dragic
Derrick Rose
John Wall
Jeff Teague
Kemba Walker
Deron Williams
Ty Lawson
Ricky Rubio
Jrue Holiday
Michael Carter-Williams
Brandon Jennings
Brandon Knight
Damian Lillard
Trey Burke
Patrick Beverly
Jeremy Lin
Jameer Nelson
Jose Calderon
George Hill

There's also guys who aren't starting that you could argue better too

Isaiah Thomas
Greivis Vasquez
Shaun Livingston
Devin Harris

That's not all the PGs in the league.

I would take Chalmers over bolded.

Legends66NBA7
09-26-2014, 07:15 PM
That's not all the PGs in the league.

I would take Chalmers over bolded.

I was just aiming for starting PG's.

GrapeApe
09-26-2014, 07:16 PM

It's not hard for him to get 16ppg especially since he will have a greater role now.

He averaged per 36 mins like 11-10 ppg. So you telling me he can't get 5 to 6 more pts while being the primary ball handler?

The thing is, his scoring role won't really be much different and Wade will be the primary ball handler. His most important job will be alleviating some of the ball handling duties from Wade and acting as a secondary playmaker. If anything I'd like to see his assist numbers go up, not his scoring.

TheReal Kendall
09-26-2014, 07:18 PM
The thing is, his scoring role won't really be much different and Wade will be the primary ball handler. His most important job will be alleviating some of the ball handling duties from Wade and acting as a secondary playmaker. If anything I'd like to see his assist numbers go up, not his scoring.

I could see that but their gameplan could change depending on Spo and if Wade is a 100%.

Wade missed a lot of games last season.

navy
09-26-2014, 07:21 PM
Lebron averaged like 17 shots a game. If we give like 10 shots to Deng, 5 shots to Wade and another 5 to Bosh, Chalmers is left out in the cold. And for good reason.

Unless Deng is a washed up, then Chalmers ight get his chance.

3ball
09-26-2014, 07:23 PM

Where you at Navy, since I proved that you wrong quite conspicuously here, and in the process also proved you were a biased fan with a penchant for calling the truth "agenda-driven"... :roll:

navy
Where you at Navy, since I proved that you wrong quite conspicuously here, and in the process also proved you were a biased fan with a penchant for calling the truth "agenda-driven"... :roll:

Where am I at? I already posted. they have 27 dunks in in 666 games and in one of the gifs you posted Norris Cole fell flat on his face.

You should have at least cut that part out. :roll:

TheReal Kendall
Lebron averaged like 17 shots a game. If we give like 10 shots to Deng, 5 shots to Wade and another 5 to Bosh, Chalmers is left out in the cold. And for good reason.

Unless Deng is a washed up, then Chalmers ight get his chance.

I'm sure they gonna play a more team oriented game style since Bron is gone. They can't really on 1 person to carry them anymore.

navy
09-26-2014, 07:24 PM
I'm sure they gonna play a more team oriented game style since Bron is gone. They can't really on 1 person to carry them anymore.

That means everyone's shot attempts will go down and be low like the Spurs.

The opposite of this threads premise.

rlsmooth775
09-26-2014, 07:25 PM

Look how talented these guys are!!!.... and they can SHOOT too!!!!!

You guys will be surprised at how good the Heat are next year... you guys will be shocked, seriously.

hahahaha teens in the park can dunk like that bro are you on crack

navy
09-26-2014, 07:26 PM
hahahaha teens in the park can dunk like that bro are you on crack
This dude is retarded. At least have the decency and common sense to post Cole's dunk vs the bulls not the one where he fell afterwards.

Smook A.
09-26-2014, 07:27 PM

Okay first of all, I never said he was the worst PG in the league. There are currently many point guards worse than he is. Also, what makes you think he'll put up 16 ppg next season? He'd be lucky to average that. I can see him averaging around 12-14 ppg maybe, now that LeBron is no longer in Miami and Chalmers will get the ball more.

Just want to add in something...
Chalmers' stats without LeBron in 2013-14: 8.8 ppg
Chalmers' stats without LeBron in 2012-13: 6 ppg
Chalmers' stats without LeBron in 2011-12: 15.5 ppg
Chalmers' stats without LeBron in 2010-11: 9.7 ppg

That would mean his career average playing without LeBron James is exactly 10 ppg. And no these stats aren't fake. I got the information by comparing their game logs. On the ball handling part... Dwyane Wade will probably handle the ball just as much as Chalmers will and Chris Bosh will be the Heat's main guy. They'll go to him most of the time. The Heat also have Luol Deng, a guy who has been consistently averaging around 15-18 ppg for his career. He'll most definitely be the Heat's 3rd option. In the end, I don't see Mario Chalmers averaging 16 ppg. He could, but it'll be very unlikely. Since Wade, Bosh, and Deng will be Miami's Big 3 next year, Chalmers will most likely be the 4th option of the team. Its very rare for a 4th option to put up 16 ppg...

3ball
09-26-2014, 07:27 PM
Chalmers and Cole can dunk with ease? :roll:

the quote that cole and chalmers "can dunk with ease" was laughable to you.

i proved that they CAN dunk with ease.. so i was right and you were wrong... be a man and accept it... :confusedshrug:

scm5
09-26-2014, 07:28 PM
Chalmers is one of those players that has games that tricks people into thinking he's better than he really is.

I think he's a solid starting PG, but he's not that good. With Lebron gone I see him averaging ~12ppg.

rlsmooth775
09-26-2014, 07:30 PM
the quote that cole and chalmers "can dunk with ease" was laughable to you.

i proved that they CAN dunk with ease.. so i was right and you were wrong... be a man and accept it... :confusedshrug:

dude those guys looked awkward as hell dunking

3ball
09-26-2014, 07:31 PM
Chalmers is one of those players that has games that tricks people into thinking he's better than he really is.

I think he's a solid starting PG, but he's not that good. With Lebron gone I see him averaging ~12ppg.
easy to say he's not that good when the assessment is based on him being a floor-spreader for Lebron.

we'll find out next year how good he is.

navy
09-26-2014, 07:33 PM

I think Chalmers has sneaky good skills though. He cant really take anyone off the dribble but he can score great layups that surprise even the best defenders and he can shoot pretty well. If he had his own team he could be a 16-18ppg scorer. But im not sure if i want a team with Chalmers scoring that much out of necessity and not bonus.

rlsmooth775
09-26-2014, 07:33 PM
easy to say he's not that good when the assessment is based on him being a floor-spreader for Lebron.

we'll find out next year how good he is.

hahahahahahaha

GrapeApe
09-26-2014, 07:35 PM
Chalmers is suprisingly athletic for a fat guy. He's good for a few out of nowhere impressive dunks per season.

Nash
09-26-2014, 08:18 PM
Man, people here think Lebron and Allen left like 100 points to be divided between the rest. 20 ppg? Most of the points that Lebron and Allen leave behind will be diveded between Deng, McRoberts and Granger while Wade and Bosh will take a chunk of it as well when their points go up. Where the hell will Chalmers find 10 ppg to add on from last season?

Dro
09-26-2014, 11:04 PM
I never really thought he was that good....

3ball
09-27-2014, 12:20 AM
http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/f2921b488e2c174947c19a867dc3677f.gif

Where am I at. I already posted. they have 27 dunks in in 666 games

that's 27 more than Kerr, Paxson, or Armstrong...

...which was the whole point - Ray Allen, Chalmers and Cole are more talented... they clearly are (see gifs above), yet they perform worse than Jordan's guys...

facts are facts... video proof of superior talent... statistical proof of worse play alongside lebron... what more can you want.. :confusedshrug:

JT123
09-27-2014, 12:24 AM

which was the whole point - Ray Allen, Chalmers and Cole are more talented... they clearly are, yet they perform worse than Jordan's guys... facts are facts... video proof... statistical proof... what more can you want.. :confusedshrug:
Come on guy. So being able to dunk makes you a more talented basketball player? :lol
Your trolling is starting to take some serious steps backwards. Step your game up, son.

Fudge
09-27-2014, 12:24 AM
Dude BARELY touched the ball. :oldlol: And he was only a good spot up 3pt shooter because that's the only thing he was asked to do with Bron running the offense.

He's gonna be handling PG duties now that Bron won't be eating up 20 seconds out of the shot clock.

Hate the dude, but he'll be a legit MIP candidate. :dancin

3ball
09-27-2014, 12:29 AM

Where am I at. I already posted. they have 27 dunks in in 666 games

Come on guy. So being able to dunk makes you a more talented basketball player? :lol
Your trolling is starting to take some serious steps backwards. Step your game up, son.

video proof of superior talent from heat supporting cast... statistical proof of worse play alongside lebron... what more can you want.. :confusedshrug:

lebron's style is suboptimal compared to jordan's and other greats.. so just deal with it - you might as well get used to it.

his style has succeeded a couple times in part due to luck, and in part due to getting by on talent... kind of like shaq in a way... but the smart teams always figured out shaq, just like they do lebron.

JT123
09-27-2014, 12:39 AM
video proof of superior talent from heat supporting cast... statistical proof of worse play alongside lebron... what more can you want.. :confusedshrug:

lebron's style is suboptimal compared to jordan's and other greats.. so just deal with it - you might as well get used to it.

his style has succeeded a couple times in part due to luck, and in part due to getting by on talent... kind of like shaq in a way... but the smart teams always figured out shaq, just like they do lebron.
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2817947/billbored.gif

3ball
09-27-2014, 12:46 AM
you're right

surely this would have been easier than finding that russell gif

RRR3
09-27-2014, 02:29 PM
I love Chalmers, but if he averaged 16 PPG his efficiency would be atrocious. I can see 12 PPG tho if he bounces back. Best version of Chalmers was 2012 easily, he averaged ~14 PPG as 3rd option with Wade out (~15 game sample size) and put up ~12 PPG in playoffs, with some scoring outbursts in key games. He's a good to very good, albeit streaky, shooter from 3 and can drive a little. He needs to be kept under control though; in 2012 he was efficient and played smarter IMO.

@3ball,
B.J. Armstrong was an Allstar. Deserved or not, Chalmers and (especially) Cole will never be close to allstars

JT123
09-27-2014, 02:42 PM
I love Chalmers, but if he averaged 16 PPG his efficiency would be atrocious. I can see 12 PPG tho if he bounces back. Best version of Chalmers was 2012 easily, he averaged ~14 PPG as 3rd option with Wade out (~15 game sample size) and put up ~12 PPG in playoffs, with some scoring outbursts in key games. He's a good to very good, albeit streaky, shooter from 3 and can drive a little. He needs to be kept under control though; in 2012 he was efficient and played smarter IMO.

@3ball,
B.J. Armstrong was an Allstar. Deserved or not, Chalmers and (especially) Cole will never be close to allstars
Streaky is right. :lol He made just 14.3% of his 3 point attempts during the Finals. :facepalm It's honestly amazing that Bron was able to put up the stats he was considering none of Miami's shooters could make the Spurs pay for doubling Lebron.

Warfan
09-27-2014, 02:47 PM
Streaky is right. :lol He made just 14.3% of his 3 point attempts during the Finals. :facepalm It's honestly amazing that Bron was able to put up the stats he was considering none of Miami's shooters could make the Spurs pay for doubling Lebron.

You're acting like he played great and put up great numbers, which wasnt the case.

And unsurprisingly, 3ball is being a tard.

RRR3
09-27-2014, 02:48 PM
^Lebron put up fantastic numbers in the finals. They didn't have much impact outside of first two games though

Warfan
09-27-2014, 02:53 PM
^Lebron put up fantastic numbers in the finals. They didn't have much impact outside of first two games though

Well maybe i overatated a bit, but yes he was disapointing the last 3 games.

28/8/4 w/4 to's on good efficiency is nice, but not that impressive. Even less so when you actually watch the series.

RRR3
09-27-2014, 02:59 PM
His offense was fine (but he should of been more aggressive) his defense sucked. Overall not his fault they lost but not the best he could have done either

Bigsmoke
09-28-2014, 06:01 PM
His offense was fine (but he should of been more aggressive) his defense sucked. Overall not his fault they lost but not the best he could have done either

I knew u were going to be in this thread :lol

But was sup doe

HiphopRelated
09-28-2014, 06:51 PM
Doubling Bron?

Lebron hasn't seen serious double teams since he joined the Heat.

ralph_i_el
09-28-2014, 07:33 PM
Doubling Bron?

Why would you double team someone who can and will make any pass?
CP3 doesn't see doubles either and he can score from anywhere on the floor at any time

MiseryCityTexas
09-28-2014, 07:49 PM
Mario Chalmers is just a better version of BJ Armstrong.

JT123
09-28-2014, 07:52 PM
Doubling Bron?

:facepalm

JT123
09-28-2014, 07:53 PM
Why would you double team someone who can and will make any pass?
CP3 doesn't see doubles either and he can score from anywhere on the floor at any time
Only Lebron gets doubled in the post all the time.

ILLsmak
09-28-2014, 07:58 PM
20 is high, but anyone getting 16 ppg, as a starter is not a big deal. He will get to actually touch the ball more.

-Smak

RRR3
09-29-2014, 11:38 AM
I knew u were going to be in thi thread :lol

But was sup doe?
:cheers:

Not much how u been man?

Bigsmoke
09-29-2014, 12:10 PM
:cheers:

Not much how u been man?

Same shit different toilet really. Getting ready for this mutha f*cking season to start already:mad: