PDA

View Full Version : Got any advice for a 24 year old idiot?

Just2McFly
09-27-2014, 01:29 AM
Last week was my birthday(24 #yearofthemamba) and I wanted to some general life advice from everyone but more specifically the elder statesmen of ish. I'm going back to school in January to finally finish my post secondary education but I wanted to know what made you guys succesful/failures/average/etc... and what to indulge in and what to avoid.

I feel like this could help a lot of us here to be honest.

ROCSteady
09-27-2014, 01:39 AM
Avoid the Clap -Jimmy Dugan

masonanddixon
09-27-2014, 01:41 AM
Whatever you do, don't get a girlfriend. Try to have as much sex with as many women as you can before 35.

thefatmiral
09-27-2014, 01:42 AM
sell out as soon as you can. dont be too prideful.
make sure your graduate program is of market value.
dont smoke.

IamRAMBO24
09-27-2014, 01:46 AM
Any advice for a 24 year old idiot?

Ya don't be an idiot.

Random_Guy
09-27-2014, 02:02 AM
Don't smoke, don't gamble, don't do drugs

Cactus-Sack
09-27-2014, 02:10 AM
Drink, smoke and do drugs as often as you can. Gamble. Get into debt with loan-sharks. Always take short term pleasure over long term stability. Breathe.

Balla_Status
09-27-2014, 02:12 AM
Don't be in America.

ace23
09-27-2014, 02:29 AM
Don't be in America.
Lol tf is wrong with you? Weren't you raised here?

Nanners
09-27-2014, 02:36 AM
get gay married with one of your male friends so you can both claim extra tax benefits

masonanddixon
09-27-2014, 02:39 AM

lol he's in Queensland now helping the coal seam gas miners turn the country into a toxic wasteland

TylerOO
09-27-2014, 02:56 AM
Don't smoke, don't gamble, don't do drugs

****. ****. ****.

MMM
09-27-2014, 03:04 AM
Fck bitches get money

C'mon bro :kobe:

Get money **** bitches

HitandRun Reggie
09-27-2014, 04:45 AM
Finger test the ho
Before going down below

kNIOKAS
09-27-2014, 05:52 AM
Don't call your weeners whitemamba

StephHamann
09-27-2014, 07:32 AM
Go back to Cleveland

rufuspaul
09-27-2014, 07:41 AM
Floss.

Actually my advice is don't be afraid to **** up. Most of the missed opportunities in my life came about because I was scared of failure. The corollary is also true in that my greatest successes came when I threw caution to the wind. It doesn't always work, but when it does there's no greater feeling, except maybe butt sex.

Also, if anyone tells you to follow your dream tell them to go **** themselves. I'm so sick of hearing that crap. My dream is to sit on the couch all day and play video games. That'll put food on the table.

It's good to have a goal and to work towards it but remember that life is what happens while you're preparing for it, and the path is never the straight line you envision at the beginning.

ALBballer
09-27-2014, 10:20 AM
get gay married with one of your male friends so you can both claim extra tax benefits

The tax benefits aren't much unless one of the partners is making a decent salary and is in a high tax bracket and the other partner doesn't work which could mean being placed in a lower tax brackers or if say the other par or has a business losing money which can be used to offset income of another partner. Regardless there could be situations where being married causes a marriage penalty.

My advice is to understand why you are going to college and if the costs associated with are worth it. If you are going to become a public school teacher and your tuition is over $30k+ a year then you are doing it wrong.

DukeDelonte13
09-27-2014, 10:51 AM
Floss.

Actually my advice is don't be afraid to **** up. Most of the missed opportunities in my life came about because I was scared of failure. The corollary is also true in that my greatest successes came when I threw caution to the wind. It doesn't always work, but when it does there's no greater feeling, except maybe butt sex.

Also, if anyone tells you to follow your dream tell them to go **** themselves. I'm so sick of hearing that crap. My dream is to sit on the couch all day and play video games. That'll put food on the table.

It's good to have a goal and to work towards it but remember that life is what happens while you're preparing for it, and the path is never the straight line you envision at the beginning.

I feel not enough people have the "work is work" mentality. Too many people need to have perfect jobs that they are happy to go to every day. I was always taught you gotta do what you gotta do.

Akrazotile
09-27-2014, 11:03 AM
I feel not enough people have the "work is work" mentality. Too many people need to have perfect jobs that they are happy to go to every day. I was always taught you gotta do what you gotta do.

I also believe firmly in this on principle, altho I struggle with the personal application of it :oldlol:

Balla_Status
09-27-2014, 12:27 PM

There's a whole world out there brah. Americans suck when it comes to traveling. That's why everyone assumes I'm canadian when I meet people.

Balla_Status
09-27-2014, 12:29 PM
lol he's in Queensland now helping the coal seam gas miners turn the country into a toxic wasteland

lol you're confused and believe in ridiculous propaganda not based on science. You can't mine coal seam gas. Let me know when you completely stop using fossil fuels. Brisbane is powered by gas from inland.

DeuceWallaces
09-27-2014, 12:31 PM
There's a whole world out there brah. Americans suck when it comes to traveling. That's why everyone assumes I'm canadian when I meet people.

That's because you're a fkkit, not well traveled.

Anyway, 24 is young so don't get wrapped up too much in success or failure at that age. Still plenty of time. Going back to school is a good idea.

nathanjizzle
09-27-2014, 12:32 PM
Floss.
Also, if anyone tells you to follow your dream tell them to go **** themselves.

Just because you couldn't accomplish your dreams doesn't mean another person shouldn't pursue theirs.

im pretty sure your dream was to be a famous actor. too bad, you spent all your time and money in dental school. Only a few people have the balls to chase their dreams, everyone else is scared and fall into the mediocre jobs that society tells them to do because its safer.
Just as you said, the greatest successes are the ones when you throw caution to the wind. **** a mediocre boring job, chase your dream.

Balla_Status
09-27-2014, 12:38 PM
That's because you're a fkkit, not well traveled.

Anyway, 24 is young so don't get wrapped up too much in success or failure at that age. Still plenty of time. Going back to school is a good idea.

No, it's because it's not in America's culture to get out of America at any point in time. They're too busy believing America is the end all be all of the world.

Canadians are good people dude. I don't take offense or think I'm a ****** for being considered one.

Balla_Status
09-27-2014, 12:41 PM
Just because you couldn't accomplish your dreams doesn't mean another person shouldn't pursue theirs.

im pretty sure your dream was to be a famous actor. too bad, you spent all your time and money in dental school. Only a few people have the balls to chase their dreams, everyone else is scared and fall into the mediocre jobs that society tells them to do because its safer.
Just as you said, the greatest successes are the ones when you throw caution to the wind. **** a mediocre boring job, chase your dream.

Yeah, everybody focused on developing a great career where they should be focusing on living a decent life.

How the fugg you figure rufus' dream is to be a famous actor?

DukeDelonte13
09-27-2014, 12:45 PM
No, it's because it's not in America's culture to get out of America at any point in time. They're too busy believing America is the end all be all of the world.

Canadians are good people dude. I don't take offense or think I'm a ****** for being considered one.

no, it's because america is f*cking gigantic and we just can't hop on some cheap airline or train and visit some new county.

Balla_Status
09-27-2014, 12:54 PM
no, it's because america is f*cking gigantic and we just can't hop on some cheap airline or train and visit some new county.

False. Tons of europeans in Australia/NZ/Asia and vice versa and you gotta fly emirates/british airways/qantas/cathay pacific for that shit. Maybe an obscure asian airline like garuda or malaysia. Look up budgets online for travel around for a short period of time. It's not out of this world expensive. And the "cheap" airlines just rail you on baggage anyway.

Traveling is probably easier/cheaper than you think it is. And not like central/south america aint close. I'm not claiming to be an expert on this shit but I've met some people just roughing it in some places.

GimmeThat
09-27-2014, 01:05 PM
wealth and health
money and physique

not saying you have to pick sides.

DonDadda59
09-27-2014, 01:20 PM
Floss.

Grown ass man shit right here :applause:

My advice would be- don't waste time hanging with f*ck nigguhs. It may sound like I'm joking, but I'm really not. One of the hardest lessons I've had to learn in life. Sounds like you have goals and things you want to accomplish. First order of business is to have people around you who are like-minded and equally driven. That may mean getting rid of people who you call 'friends', but who don't share your outlook on life. It may suck at first, but in the end it's for the best. You'll be surprised by just how much you can accomplish with the right people around you as opposed to shit talkers who never really do anything.

rufuspaul
09-27-2014, 07:28 PM

:oldlol:

I think you might have missed my point. I've accomplished plenty, some of which came about because of pursuit of a goal but a lot of it was stuff I never knew could be so rewarding. Much of it was just stupid luck. My point is the "pursue your dream" mantra is so cliche and implies that if you don't go out and become a rock star, famous athlete, whatever, then you are doomed to a life of unhappiness. That's utter bullshit.

rufuspaul
09-27-2014, 07:29 PM
How the fugg you figure rufus' dream is to be a famous actor?

Well I was in The Hunger Games. Just sayin.

Just2McFly
09-28-2014, 08:46 AM
Grown ass man shit right here :applause:

My advice would be- don't waste time hanging with f*ck nigguhs. It may sound like I'm joking, but I'm really not. One of the hardest lessons I've had to learn in life. Sounds like you have goals and things you want to accomplish. First order of business is to have people around you who are like-minded and equally driven. That may mean getting rid of people who you call 'friends', but who don't share your outlook on life. It may suck at first, but in the end it's for the best. You'll be surprised by just how much you can accomplish with the right people around you as opposed to shit talkers who never really do anything.
:roll: :roll:

Thanks guys

rufuspaul
09-28-2014, 09:16 AM
Here's something an older friend of mine wrote (I know, there are actually people out there older than me):

After all these years I am finally getting closer to an understanding and acceptance that we are all individuals; a singular jumble of the genetics and experiences that define us....All leading me to conclude that things don't happen for a reason yet to come, (as people are so wont to say,) but instead happen for reasons already transpired; ones that are so deeply rooted in those individual cocktails of nature and nurture, that we all unwittingly choose not the road less traveled, but the one that has never before been taken. Who knows where it will lead us. For reasons not necessarily of their own doing, it is, for so many, a thoroughly disheartening trip. In that I am forever grateful for all the friends, family and influences that have, knowingly or not, allowed me to coax and cajole this convoluted, yet fascinating thing called life,...into some measure of a comfortable balance.

JohnnySic
09-29-2014, 07:56 AM
True this. Its not like Europe where you can drive to the next country in a couple of hours.

Also, the US is so big and there is so much to see right here, it takes away some of the incentive to travel overseas.