PDA

View Full Version : Lebron says Kyrie will be primary ball handler

JT123
09-27-2014, 08:26 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11600210/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-willing-share-ball-kyrie-irving
Not surprising really, that is the kind of superstar Lebron is. Always sacrificing to make his teammates happy. It is why they follow him to the ends of the earth. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Lord Bean
09-27-2014, 08:42 PM
they follow him because he keeps leaving

HOoopCityJones
09-27-2014, 08:44 PM
Bullshit.

Lebron Off ball for 90% of the season? Believe it when I see it.

moe94
09-27-2014, 08:47 PM
https://warosu.org/data/tg/img/0293/40/1389111215616.gif

Suguru101
09-27-2014, 08:49 PM

Oh snap :roll: :roll: :roll:

#number6ix#
09-27-2014, 09:06 PM

:lebronamazed:

poido123
09-27-2014, 09:16 PM

First post of the thread no less :roll: :roll:

Lebron says a lot of things. A lot of things that prove to be BS

GrapeApe
09-27-2014, 09:21 PM

:bowdown:

juju151111
09-27-2014, 09:21 PM
Why not? LJ shot a crazy high percentage from catch and shoot 3s last year and that's with broken down Wade and Bosh who can't pass like Kevin Love. LJ basically has 3 other people in the starting lineup shooting 39% and up for 3s. This guy going to get open lanes and shots all game. He doesn't care.

CavaliersFTW
09-27-2014, 09:29 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: holy shit OP should get a 2 day ban for setting himself up for this type of ownage :oldlol:

Hey Yo
"James seemed to have that sentiment in mind when he did his best to elude a question after practice when a reporter asked him why a championship in Cleveland would mean more than his two rings with the Heat.

"Why? For multiple reasons. I don't want to get too ahead of myself. I don't want to talk about it too much because then it can be used as a sound bite," James said with a knowing laugh. "You guys won't play my whole answer. So I'm not even going to get involved in that one. We got a long way to go."

So true.

sscamero2006
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11600210/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-willing-share-ball-kyrie-irving
Not surprising really, that is the kind of superstar Lebron is. Always sacrificing to make his teammates happy. It is why they follow him to the ends of the earth. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Nope thats never going to happen you know this i know this Kyrie knows this the mods know this Dan Gilbert knows this Lebron knows this even its all a show till the season starts .:coleman:

coin24
09-27-2014, 09:30 PM

:lol :lol :lol

Milbuck
09-27-2014, 09:31 PM
:roll:

G0ATbe
09-27-2014, 09:38 PM
LeAlfreds already grooming his new Batman:applause: .

Kidbasketball20
09-27-2014, 09:46 PM

JT is owned again! Looking stupid as always. :roll: :roll: :applause:

HiphopRelated
09-27-2014, 10:14 PM
For a month maybe, then when the stats aren't sexy enough, go stand in the corner Kyrie

Combat Wombat
09-27-2014, 10:20 PM

:oldlol:

r0drig0lac
09-27-2014, 10:45 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/gK1zDvBOtwfmw/giphy.gif

L8kersfan222
09-27-2014, 10:48 PM
damn :eek:

sundizz
09-27-2014, 10:48 PM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/4294703/vince-carter-says-its-over-o.gif

Beastmode88
09-27-2014, 10:50 PM
Jt got slayed pretty hard.

All Net
09-27-2014, 10:54 PM
Well in fairness as Lebron said he has never played with a PG anywhere near the quailty of Kyrie. Will be interesting.

Doranku
09-28-2014, 12:27 AM
:roll: Gotta love when braindead OP's get ethered like that in the first post.

3ball
09-28-2014, 12:39 AM
If he's being truthful here and really willing to give up MOST ballhandling duties to Kyrie (which he wasn't willing to do with Wade), then cleveland should win all the championships going forward (i'm assuming Lebron is going to live on the block).... :confusedshrug:

It's laughable though... not only does he need to choose his own super-team to win all his rings (turning the NBA into the staged WWE), but everything he does to improve his game only makes him play more like MJ... no surprise there.. it's just laughable that every guy has to copy Jordan to play at the highest level, yet people want to debate who's goat.

Le Shaqtus
09-28-2014, 12:48 AM
:lebronamazed:

3ball
09-28-2014, 01:01 AM
I've always said Lebron wastes his height by trying to be the primary ballhandler so much.... it's simply suboptimal to be that big and also be the primary ballhandler.... you can get away with it to an extent based on talent, but at the highest levels of competition, it won't always result in a team that's good enough to win.

But now Lebron is going to play primarily off-ball??.... he actually came out and said that??....

the only way he can do that is to turn into Karl Malone and live on the block.... which makes me wonder why he would bother losing the weight.... something doesn't add up.... i'm a little skeptical that he is going to go from post-ups only 8% of the time to over 20% percent... if he does, they'll win, but i'm not sure he is really willing OR has the ability to live on the block.

either way he's spoiled, and i can't respect a championship that was achieved by hand-picking a dream team.... any elite player can win that way.

Dragic4Life
09-28-2014, 01:26 AM
Lebron did not "keep leaving".

He's been part of 2 teams in his entire career, that is not the definition of "leaving".

JerrySeinfeld
09-28-2014, 01:27 AM

ballinhun8
09-28-2014, 01:28 AM

He's been part of 2 teams in his entire career, that is not the definition of "leaving".

Translation:

Leave JT alone :lebroncry:

Papaya Petee
09-28-2014, 01:35 AM
Hmmm lets see.
2011 Wade>>>>>>>> Kyrie
2012 Wade>>> Kyrie
2013 Wade regular season>Kyrie

How did that work out for Wade?
Good luck averaging 16/6 next year Kyrie

Lord Bean
09-28-2014, 01:41 AM
Translation:

Leave me alone :lebroncry:
fixed

Timmy D for MVP
09-28-2014, 01:42 AM
I've always said Lebron wastes his height by trying to be the primary ballhandler so much.... it's simply suboptimal to be that big and also be the primary ballhandler.... you can get away with it to an extent based on talent, but at the highest levels of competition, it won't always result in a team that's good enough to win.

But now Lebron is going to play primarily off-ball??.... he actually came out and said that??....

the only way he can do that is to turn into Karl Malone and live on the block.... which makes me wonder why he would bother losing the weight.... something doesn't add up.... i'm a little skeptical that he is going to go from post-ups only 8% of the time to over 20% percent... if he does, they'll win, but i'm not sure he is really willing OR has the ability to live on the block.

either way he's spoiled, and i can't respect a championship that was achieved by hand-picking a dream team.... any elite player can win that way.

... what? How does he waste his height by being the ball handler?

I think it's a pretty well regarded notion that he doesn't want to be down on the block all the time. He can do it against the smaller/lesser 4s and 3s but he doesn't want to bang night in night out with the stronger players.

Warfan
09-28-2014, 01:47 AM
Hmmm lets see.
2011 Wade>>>>>>>> Kyrie
2012 Wade>>> Kyrie

Did Wade not play great and put up great numbers in 11', 12' and 13' (well, at least during the reg season before he was dealing with injuries which affected him in the playoffs)?

buddha
09-28-2014, 03:32 AM

http://i.imgur.com/brpulcP.png

dead

Spurs5Rings2014
09-28-2014, 03:45 AM

Goodness gracious.

PickernRoller
09-28-2014, 03:53 AM

:roll: :roll: :oldlol: :lol :roll:

Dragic4Life
09-28-2014, 03:53 AM
Why is everyone laughing at that line?

Lebron has been on only 2 teams in his entire career, that's hardly leaving.

Marchesk
09-28-2014, 04:12 AM
Well in fairness as Lebron said he has never played with a PG anywhere near the quailty of Kyrie. Will be interesting.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/yelling-at-mario-chalmers-11.png

DJ Leon Smith
09-28-2014, 06:25 AM

He's been part of two teams.

He's left two teams.

100 percent leaving rate.

Further proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRAp00SxP30

Dresta
09-28-2014, 06:35 AM
This is just another fabrication of Lebron James's mind that won't materialise into reality: it's the Cleveland equivalent of his 'not 5, not 6, not 7...' bullshit.

Anyone who believes the crap that comes out of this man's mouth has to be a chump.

bigt
09-28-2014, 06:48 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/dude.gif

1 post knockout :cheers:

BuffaloBill
09-28-2014, 07:35 AM
Letting Kyrie be ball handler is a good idea. Even though he has great players around him he still has a long way to go before he reaches his peak. He still has to develop his skills. Playing Lebron ball would definitely hinder his growth

chips93
09-28-2014, 11:04 AM
Hmmm lets see.
2011 Wade>>>>>>>> Kyrie
2012 Wade>>> Kyrie

who cares as long as the team wins?

Le Shaqtus
09-28-2014, 11:15 AM

Rep for the Andy gif :oldlol:

Rose'sACL
09-28-2014, 11:47 AM
This is just another fabrication of Lebron James's mind that won't materialise into reality: it's the Cleveland equivalent of his 'not 5, not 6, not 7...' bullshit.

Anyone who believes the crap that comes out of this man's mouth has to be a chump.
why are you so mad at the best miami heat player of all time? i used to think that you are a heat fan.

chips93
09-28-2014, 12:04 PM
anyways, lebron didnt come to cleveland to put up stats. hes still gonna be the number one option, but id expect him to be more of a roll man, and a post up player.

with love and kyrie he has even more outside shooting to facilitate this, than he had in miami.

at this stage in his career, im sure hes aware of how he needs his body to be in the best shape possible in june and july, and that means taking a small step back in the offensive load he is gonna carry.

why do you have to try make such simple ideas more complicated? very odd

pegasus
09-28-2014, 02:04 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Darius
09-28-2014, 03:08 PM

JT123
09-28-2014, 03:30 PM

Jesus Christ you are bitter. :oldlol: I know you are disappointed that he chose to leave, but how about showing a little appreciation? Lebron gave your franchise the best 4 year stretch in it's history, and quite honestly there is a good chance your team will NEVER again have a 4 year stretch that even comes close to the Lebron era.
You seriously sound like a jilted ex girlfriend every time you talk about Lebron. :facepalm

VengefulAngel
09-28-2014, 03:38 PM
Jesus Christ you are bitter. :oldlol: I know you are disappointed that he chose to leave, but how about showing a little appreciation? Lebron gave your franchise the best 4 year stretch in it's history, and quite honestly there is a good chance your team will NEVER again have a 4 year stretch that even comes close to the Lebron era.
You seriously sound like a jilted ex girlfriend every time you talk about Lebron. :facepalm

Losing a once in a generation player tends to hurt an NBA team particularly the fans. Weren't you a heat fan a couple of months ago?

GrapeApe
09-28-2014, 03:43 PM
why are you so mad at the best miami heat player of all time? i used to think that you are a heat fan.

No, LeBron is the 2nd best and 2nd greatest Heat player of all time. Shaq is the best Heat player of all time in terms of GOAT rankings. LeBron is 2nd. Wade is the greatest Heat player of all time in terms of overall career with the franchise. LeBron is 2nd.

JT123
09-28-2014, 03:54 PM
No, LeBron is the 2nd best and 2nd greatest Heat player of all time. Shaq is the best Heat player of all time in terms of GOAT rankings. LeBron is 2nd. Wade is the greatest Heat player of all time in terms of overall career with the franchise. LeBron is 2nd.
He was clearly talking about peak play while ON THE TEAM! :facepalm
Lebron's stay might not have been very long, but he IS the best player in your franchise's history. Wade is your greatest player from a longevity perspective.

RedBlackAttack
09-28-2014, 03:54 PM
Exactly the way it should be. Kyrie is a point guard. He should be running the offense. Meanwhile, both guys should be working on maximizing each others' talents. Quite honestly, it shouldn't be that difficult. John Stockton and Karl Malone were both able to dominate on the floor together.

When you have this kind of talent, you don't try to do it by yourself. This is going to be a challenge for both LeBron and Kyrie, but if they play it the right way -- with Kevin Love standing next to them -- it really should make for beautiful basketball.

tpols
09-28-2014, 03:59 PM
Exactly the way it should be. Kyrie is a point guard. He should be running the offense. Meanwhile, both guys should be working on maximizing each others' talents. Quite honestly, it shouldn't be that difficult. John Stockton and Karl Malone were both able to dominate on the floor together.

When you have this kind of talent, you don't try to do it by yourself. This is going to be a challenge for both LeBron and Kyrie, but if they play it the right way -- with Kevin Love standing next to them -- it really should make for beautiful basketball.

Lebron and karl malone play nothing alike though.. is lebron gonna go from the guy who has picks set for him all the time to the primary pick setter? I cant see it..

also I dont see why he wouldve lost all that weight if he was going for the big guy role posting/setting picks and playing off ball.

dreamwarrior
09-28-2014, 04:06 PM
Now we know who he's passing to when the game's on the line

RedBlackAttack
09-28-2014, 04:09 PM
Lebron and karl malone play nothing alike though.. is lebron gonna go from the guy who has picks set for him all the time to the primary pick setter? I cant see it..

also I dont see why he wouldve lost all that weight if he was going for the big guy role posting/setting picks and playing off ball.
He doesn't have to play "like" Karl Malone. But, if you're going to tell me that -- with his talent, physique and work ethic -- he's only really effective with the ball in his hands 80-percent of the time, I'm just not buying into it... yet.

Now, if it turns out that he is only effective that way, I will be the first to admit I was wrong. It will also impact the way I look at James in a historical sense. Great players need to be able to adapt and adjust their games given the situation. There's no reason for him to have a 30+ percent usage rate on this team. It isn't only about Kyrie, either. Waiters is tremendous with the ball in his hands and so is Kevin Love.

He needs to figure it out. I'm hoping he does, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried that he'll resort to isolation basketball if things don't go perfectly from the start.

If nothing else, they should be one of the greatest transition teams of all-time.

GrapeApe
09-28-2014, 04:11 PM
He was clearly talking about peak play while ON THE TEAM! :facepalm
Lebron's stay might not have been very long, but he IS the best player in your franchise's history. Wade is your greatest player from a longevity perspective.

Calm down :oldlol:

I know '11-'14 LeBron was better than '05-'07 Shaq. I was just using semantics to rustle LeBron stans. Apparently it worked.

NattyPButter
09-28-2014, 04:11 PM
Hmmm lets see.
2011 Wade>>>>>>>> Kyrie
2012 Wade>>> Kyrie

Kyrie isn't worried about his points. He want them dimes.

JT123
09-28-2014, 04:25 PM
Calm down :oldlol:

I know '11-'14 LeBron was better than '05-'07 Shaq. I was just using semantics to rustle LeBron stans. Apparently it worked.
Touche GrapeApe, touche. :lol

beastee
09-28-2014, 05:29 PM
Why is everyone laughing at that line?

Lebron has been on only 2 teams in his entire career, that's hardly leaving.
Why are you using an alt to try and question how hard the ether was against your original post. Damn.

westsideozzie
09-28-2014, 06:32 PM
Lebron does not have the offensive arsenal to play off the ball like Melo or Durant. Cant wait for this cluster**** in Cleveland.

Meticode
09-28-2014, 06:41 PM
Lebron does not have the offensive arsenal to play off the ball like Melo or Durant. Cant wait for this cluster**** in Cleveland.
You're so upset.

PJR
09-28-2014, 06:41 PM
Pigs will fly before LeBron becomes primarily an off ball cutter and post up player.

This negro out there selling dreams in Cleveland again, this is the same dude who once said "Being in the post gets boring" and that he prefers to "Shake and bake on perimeter" :oldlol:

He'll be the same ball dominant, high usage player he's been for the past 10 or so seasons. And Irving, and Love will have to make that adjustment.

AirTupac
09-28-2014, 06:44 PM

RIP OP :roll: :roll: :roll:

bizil
09-28-2014, 06:50 PM
This means that Lebron is gonna let the PG DO HIS JOB which is be the primary ball handler. His other PG's in the past were PG's that HE SMOKED in terms of the PG facets. That's the beauty of a point forward like Bron who has world class PG type handles and pace to his game. Bird was a point forward IN TERMS of his IQ and passing ability. But Bird wasn't really the primary ball handler on his teams. But Bird was so EPIC that he got huge assists numbers WITHOUT being the primary ball handler. So look for Bron to be more on the baseline and wing getting his Dr. J-Dominique freak athletic scoring on. While also combining more of the point forward style of Bird to go with it in those areas. But don't get it twisted, when Kyrie goes out or at times, Bron will be more in that point forward at the top of the key role we are used too!

Eric Cartman
09-28-2014, 07:06 PM

http://s3.jrnl.ie/media/2013/03/shaq-gif.gif

chips93
09-28-2014, 07:27 PM

and the fact that they are all good passers and shooters makes it a lot easier than it otherwise would be.

JT123
09-28-2014, 07:33 PM
Pigs will fly before LeBron becomes primarily an off ball cutter and post up player.

This negro out there selling dreams in Cleveland again, this is the same dude who once said "Being in the post gets boring" and that he prefers to "Shake and bake on perimeter" :oldlol:

He'll be the same ball dominant, high usage player he's been for the past 10 or so seasons. And Irving, and Love will have to make that adjustment.
Well that would be a huge waste of his talent don't you think? :facepalm
Letting Kyrie be the primary ball handler doesn't mean Lebron will never have the ball in his hands on the perimeter. Lebron's greatest strength is that he is a threat from EVERYWHERE on the court. Why would he make things easier on the opposition by only playing in the post? :hammerhead:

ralph_i_el
09-28-2014, 07:46 PM
Well that would be a huge waste of his talent don't you think? :facepalm
Letting Kyrie be the primary ball handler doesn't mean Lebron will never have the ball in his hands on the perimeter. Lebron's greatest strength is that he is a threat from EVERYWHERE on the court. Why would he make things easier on the opposition by only playing in the post? :hammerhead:

^exactly

Imagine Kyrie-Bron Pick and Roll or Pop. All else fails (aka Kyrie doesn't get an easy shot or dump off for a dunk) Bron gets it at the elbow and can triple threat from the high post. Blatt is apparently really creative. I'm excited to see what he'll do with Love/Bron/Irving...3 guys who can shoot and are highly creative.

tpols
09-28-2014, 07:52 PM
He doesn't have to play "like" Karl Malone. But, if you're going to tell me that -- with his talent, physique and work ethic -- he's only really effective with the ball in his hands 80-percent of the time, I'm just not buying into it... yet.

I mean, thats been the case for his entire career.. lol

ralph_i_el
09-28-2014, 07:53 PM
I mean, thats been the case for his entire career.. lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ4GA3GB3Wk

RedBlackAttack
09-28-2014, 07:54 PM
^exactly

Imagine Kyrie-Bron Pick and Roll or Pop. All else fails (aka Kyrie doesn't get an easy shot or dump off for a dunk) Bron gets it at the elbow and can triple threat from the high post. Blatt is apparently really creative. I'm excited to see what he'll do with Love/Bron/Irving...3 guys who can shoot and are highly creative.
I agree, which is why I'm cautiously optimistic that Kyrie, LeBron, Love and Waiters will adapt their games to make this work. Blatt is very creative and is known for his motion offense and devising his scheme around his players' strengths. Well, there has never been a better sampling of talents assembled for him to go to work.

I do think it will take a little time. This isn't going to be a finished product overnight. It may even take a season, but the really exciting part is that all of these guys are relatively young. Even LeBron doesn't turn 30 until Demember. The other key guys -- Irving (22), Love (25) and Waiters (23) -- probably aren't even in their respective primes yet.

It makes sense to do this slow and methodically... for the long haul. If the correct system is put into place, James is in a position to compete for titles well into his mid-30s. The great thing about this roster is, as he gets older, guys like Irving and Waiters can take more and more of the playmaking and scoring burden.

tpols
09-28-2014, 07:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ4GA3GB3Wk

so.. one play, where he catches an oop.:lol :facepalm

Im not saying lebron hasnt gotten points off putbacks, postups, cutting, etc. hes gotten plenty. But in terms of his style of play and percentage of all plays wise, he mostly dominates the game with the ball in his hands. When he goes without it for a long time thats ussually when we start to see lepassive.

MavsSuperFan
09-28-2014, 08:51 PM
:roll: :lol :oldlol: :roll: :roll: :applause:

RedBlackAttack
09-28-2014, 08:58 PM
so.. one play, where he catches an oop.:lol :facepalm

Im not saying lebron hasnt gotten points off putbacks, postups, cutting, etc. hes gotten plenty. But in terms of his style of play and percentage of all plays wise, he mostly dominates the game with the ball in his hands. When he goes without it for a long time thats ussually when we start to see lepassive.
The numbers don't lie. He has a career 31.6% usage rate, which I'd guess would be the highest in the whole league over that stretch of years (2003-14). Last season, his usage rate was 31.0% and in the playoffs it went up to 31.6%.

Meanwhile, Kyrie had a usage rate of 28.2% last season. LeBron was 9th in the NBA in usage rate... Kyrie was 21st.

Something (or someone) has to give. You can't have two guys on the same team handling the ball that much. I'm hoping LeBron keeps good on his word. I think it'd be a great thing for the team and for his career going forward.

bluechox2
09-29-2014, 12:07 AM
how long until kyrie's show gets pulled off the air?

or is this lebrons safety net for when things dont go well...so he can blame it on "kyrie's show" and "must" regain control to right the shop

Cocaine80s
09-29-2014, 12:10 AM

Cold soul
09-29-2014, 12:52 AM

:lol :lol :lol

juju151111
09-29-2014, 08:02 AM
The numbers don't lie. He has a career 31.6% usage rate, which I'd guess would be the highest in the whole league over that stretch of years (2003-14). Last season, his usage rate was 31.0% and in the playoffs it went up to 31.6%.

Meanwhile, Kyrie had a usage rate of 28.2% last season. LeBron was 9th in the NBA in usage rate... Kyrie was 21st.

Something (or someone) has to give. You can't have two guys on the same team handling the ball that much. I'm hoping LeBron keeps good on his word. I think it'd be a great thing for the team and for his career going forward.
Maybe this would be a problem in 09, but current LeBron can play without the ball fine. He was making plenty of cuts and having putbacks from Wade. He shot an absurd 48% on catch and shoots. Kyrie the opposite. He actually shoots better after taking dribbles from long distance.

Bandito
09-29-2014, 09:25 AM
You just killed me.

ImKobe
09-29-2014, 09:34 AM

http://cdn.niketalk.com/d/d0/d04748db_HtiEc.gif

ralph_i_el
09-29-2014, 09:36 AM
Lebron as primary ball handler: "OMG he turns his teammates into spot up shooters"
Lebron wants to play off the ball: "Oh look he's already making excuses"

Lebron chooses vanilla ice cream: "Wow vanilla? Way to be boring...2/5"
Lebron chooses chocolate ice cream: "WTF chocolate? Racist"

Leaves home: "Traitor!"
Comes back: "Attention whore"

Joins stars in their prime: "Ringchaser!!!"
Joins young guys: "Oh so now you need to be carried in your old age?"

Never misses more than 6 games in a season: "Meh"
Miss one quarter due to cramps: "***** ass Queen James strikes again!"

Thorpesaurous
09-29-2014, 09:54 AM
I'm a big Lebron fan. I love his instincts, and I have him in my elite top tier all time.

And I also don't like to get too nuts about what people say to the media in the offseason. Especially about other players.

But if he's not gonna be the primary ballhandler, and he lost all this weight that seemingly will effect him in his post game, does he just become a really awesome everyday SF?

And Kyrie two seasons ago was such a good shooter, he's almost an ideal off ball PG option. He can space the floor and once people are running at him off the ball his ball handling and playmaking becomes a more instant weapon.

Detroit
09-29-2014, 10:04 AM

http://cdnl.complex.com/assets/CHANNEL_IMAGES/SPORTS/2013/03/content/1363023424_djgif.gif
Knight = JT
Jordan = Lord Bean

KyrieTheFuture
09-29-2014, 02:39 PM
You can tell who has never watched Kyrie play because they talk about how hes a great shooter who should play off ball

riseagainst
09-29-2014, 03:28 PM
**** LeShit, that's the only overrated piece of shitty ass player I hate.. Why?

1. After a huge loss against the Orlando Magic in the Eastern Conference Final, he didn't shake hands to the winning team and bitch out like a crybaby and yet fans still call him "King James?" More like Queen James.

2. A sophomore college kid dunk over LeShit James, and nike confiscated a ****ing tape of LeShit getting dunk over by a Xavier college boy.

3. No kids should look up to LeShit as a role model.

riseagainst
09-29-2014, 03:30 PM

top 3 greatest slays of all time.

SHAQisGOAT
09-29-2014, 03:32 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Mz2QFBZrdEg/U0bTrim8OOI/AAAAAAAAW9U/vnULcSrzP_Q/s1600/paul-newman-smile+%281%29.gif

tpols
09-29-2014, 03:44 PM
Never misses more than 6 games in a season: "Meh"
Miss one quarter due to cramps: "***** ass Queen James strikes again!"

the fact that bran never gets hurt only makes it look even worse that the only major cramp/injury he's ever really had where he left the game came in the 4th quarter of a finals game

Suspiciously after both elbow gate and cramp gate he left his team for another...

ralph_i_el
09-29-2014, 04:07 PM
the fact that bran never gets hurt only makes it look even worse that the only major cramp/injury he's ever really had where he left the game came in the 4th quarter of a finals game

Suspiciously after both elbow gate and cramp gate he left his team for another...

I can't be the only person on this site who has had a leg cramp completely lock up on you. You think he actually wanted to be out of that game?

TheMarkMadsen
09-29-2014, 04:14 PM
I can't be the only person on this site who has had a leg cramp completely lock up on you. You think he actually wanted to be out of that game?

i think the bigger issue is why is he cramping up so bad that he has to leave the game..

ralph_i_el
09-29-2014, 04:20 PM
i think the bigger issue is why is he cramping up so bad that he has to leave the game..
You've played a sport right? Its a little hard to run when your leg muscles are stuck contracted.

Usually its less than 100 degrees when they play an NBA game

ImKobe
09-29-2014, 04:25 PM

Have you ever had leg cramps bro? :kobe:

I don't remember 100% what cramps he had, but when my calf muscles cramp up, it's damn near impossible to put any weight on that leg at all and it takes a lot of hydrating for me to get back again. When you try to move your leg, it feels like a knife is cutting you, you have to be completely still, which is something you obviously can't do in a game of basketball....

There simply wasn't enough time for Lebron to return to the game... IIRC, he cramped up earlier in the game and returned, and it cramped up again to a point where it just wasn't going away. Try playing out in the sun at a 100 degrees, shit catches up to you eventually.

RedBlackAttack
09-29-2014, 04:26 PM
Cramps can be completely debilitating. No doubt in my mind he was in the kind of pain you cannot play through. I don't care who you are.

Anyone who has ever suffered a severe leg cramp during an athletic competition will tell you the same. Sometimes they go away with a little stretching and water... sometimes they don't.

ralph_i_el
09-29-2014, 04:33 PM
Have you ever had leg cramps bro? :kobe:

I don't remember 100% what cramps he had, but when my calf muscles cramp up, it's damn near impossible to put any weight on that leg at all and it takes a lot of hydrating for me to get back again. When you try to move your leg, it feels like a knife is cutting you, you have to be completely still, which is something you obviously can't do in a game of basketball....

There simply wasn't enough time for Lebron to return to the game... IIRC, he cramped up earlier in the game and returned, and it cramped up again to a point where it just wasn't going away. Try playing out in the sun at a 100 degrees, shit catches up to you eventually.

^all this is true.

That being said, if Bron knew the AC was going to go out he'd definitely have taken measures to make sure he was as hydrated and full of potassium and such before hand.

Who else covers as much ground in a game and weighs over 250? (Nobody)

Nuff Said
09-29-2014, 04:36 PM
How come ppl didn't pay this much attention the last time he cramped up and sat out and Mario mutha****in chalmers came thru and won the game.

tpols
09-29-2014, 04:41 PM
Nah I think that was legit.. terrible timing bit legit nonetheless. The elbow thing I think was completely made up though.

ImKobe
09-29-2014, 04:44 PM
How come ppl didn't pay this much attention the last time he cramped up and sat out and Mario mutha****in chalmers came thru and won the game.

Because last time he came back and hit a clutch 3?

Nuff Said
09-29-2014, 05:06 PM
Because last time he came back and hit a clutch 3?
And went right back out? Exactly what he did this past finals. Came in and went right back out. I again ask, why wasn't he as criticized then as he is now?

sirkeelma
09-29-2014, 09:59 PM

poido123
09-29-2014, 10:14 PM
You've played a sport right? Its a little hard to run when your leg muscles are stuck contracted.

Usually its less than 100 degrees when they play an NBA game

I've played basketball for years and I've never had a cramp in my leg until after the game when I was sitting down and my legs got cold.

I was mystified when I saw lebron having these problems...

ralph_i_el
09-29-2014, 10:18 PM
I've played basketball for years and I've never had a cramp in my leg until after the game when I was sitting down and my legs got cold.

hmmmm....do you deepthroat a banana before every game?

poido123
09-29-2014, 10:34 PM
hmmmm....do you deepthroat a banana before every game?

Only if I get your consent...not totally necessary though.

Why are you asking me this? I could ask you the same thing...

JT123
09-29-2014, 10:38 PM
And went right back out? Exactly what he did this past finals. Came in and went right back out. I again ask, why wasn't he as criticized then as he is now?
He wasn't really criticized, he just got made fun of on social media. Same thing happened in 2012, it just wasn't as bad because his team won the game.

Cocaine80s
09-29-2014, 10:42 PM

it makes a big difference when the other guy is 6'8 260+lbs playing 82 games a year and 4 straight finals

3ball
09-29-2014, 10:46 PM
Lebron can try to be like Mike all he wants by playing off-ball more, but some things won't ever change, like Lebron's lack of explosion jumping off two legs.

Lebron is just not explosive off two feet at all.... He'll never be able to jump like Michael, and it costs his team games.

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Lebron_Stuffed_after_Jumping_o_3ab12cd053656a6016f 9ea4e26ad4fa5.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/a88b76f03bde2d1e73d6223789b0968a.gif

poido123
09-29-2014, 10:48 PM
it makes a big difference when the other guy is 6'8 260+lbs playing 82 games a year and 4 straight finals

I know it happens, particularly to athletes playing high intensity sports.

I was still shocked though, maybe thats a credit to lebron never getting injured. He's very durable.

poido123
09-29-2014, 10:51 PM
Lebron can try to be like Mike all he wants by playing off-ball more, but some things won't ever change, like Lebron's lack of explosion jumping off two legs.

Lebron is just not explosive off two feet at all.... He'll never be able to jump like Michael, and it costs his team games.

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Lebron_Stuffed_after_Jumping_o_3ab12cd053656a6016f 9ea4e26ad4fa5.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/a88b76f03bde2d1e73d6223789b0968a.gif

What has this got to do with jordan?

If you are implying that lebron isnt able to get the same kind of elevation off two feet based off one youtube highlight, then you are a moron.

:facepalm

Cocaine80s
09-29-2014, 10:53 PM

lol this ****ing guy bringing up two feet jumping again :lol

Jordan is a much better 2 feet jumper but Lebron is just fine since hes about 6'8 with a high standing reach

ralph_i_el
09-29-2014, 10:56 PM

The mods should give you a sticky so you can keep all your agenda posts to one thread.

3ball
09-29-2014, 10:59 PM
What has this got to do with jordan?

If you are implying that lebron isnt able to get the same kind of elevation off two feet based off one youtube highlight, then you are a moron.

:facepalm
One youtube highlight??... You haven't watched Jordan apparently.. :facepalm

Show me ONE highlight of Lebron dunking off two feet on someone without having taken ANY dribbles, like Jordan does below.

Show me ONE... just ONE.

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_over_Orlando_Woolridge_2992ff3b66bec8217afc 9045864e3b42.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_dunks_on_Defender_off_42e80f0371b2ccd1311ad dc612220fdc.gif

Cocaine80s
09-29-2014, 11:03 PM
One youtube highlight??... You haven't watched Jordan apparently.. :facepalm

Show me ONE highlight of Lebron dunking off two feet on someone without having taken ANY dribbles, like Jordan does below.

Show me ONE... just ONE.

goodnight sweet prince

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1115621/lebron-dunks-on-damon-jones-o.gif

3ball
09-29-2014, 11:21 PM
goodnight sweet prince

Typical of a Lebron fan - I post Jordan dunking on 7-footers off a straight vertical - no run-up or dribbles - and a Lebron fan comes on here and posts Lebron running full speed in transition over a 6-footer.... So typical - Lebron does something INFERIOR and is praised as if he's equaled Jordan.

Why not just admit that Lebron isnt a good leaper off two feet - because posting a gif of lebron dunking over a 6-footer in transition just looks very desperate and makes my point.

Post one of Lebron IN THE HALFCOURT where there is no room for a run-up.... just like the ones I posted.

moe94
09-29-2014, 11:24 PM
Did LeBron bust in your girl? Be real.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-29-2014, 11:26 PM
3ball is making even the biggest Jordan fans cringe. Best to ignore this deranged troll.

Cocaine80s
09-29-2014, 11:26 PM
Show me one of Lebron in the halfcourt where there is no room for a run-up LIKE THE ONES I POSTED...

Lebron has no explosion off a straight vertical and its proven by his lack of no-dribble vertical posters, IN THE HALFCOURT obviously.

3ball
09-29-2014, 11:27 PM
Typical of a Lebron fan - I post Jordan dunking on 7-footers off a straight vertical in the halfcourt - no run-up or dribbles - and a Lebron fan comes on here and posts Lebron running full speed in transition over a 6-footer....

So typical - Lebron does something INFERIOR and is praised as if he's equaled Jordan.

Why not just admit that Lebron isnt a good leaper off two feet - because posting a gif of lebron dunking over a 6-footer in transition just looks very desperate and makes my point.

Post one of Lebron IN THE HALFCOURT where there is no room for a run-up.... just like the ones I posted.

Cocaine80s
09-29-2014, 11:29 PM
Typical of a Lebron fan - I post Jordan dunking on 7-footers off a straight vertical in the halfcourt - no run-up or dribbles - and a Lebron fan comes on here and posts Lebron running full speed in transition over a 6-footer....

So typical - Lebron does something INFERIOR and is praised as if he's equaled Jordan.

3ball
09-29-2014, 11:30 PM
post one in the halfcourt... i left that out originally because i figured it was understood.

you can't... all you can do is post one of Lebron running full speed over a 6-footer.

Milbuck
09-29-2014, 11:35 PM
post one in the halfcourt... i left that out originally because i figured it was understood.

you can't... all you can do is post one of Lebron running full speed over a 6-footer.

Cocaine80s
09-29-2014, 11:35 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I7PngLE3AU&spfreload=1

Watch #9 and 7.....

3ball
09-29-2014, 11:37 PM
The fact that Lebron cannot posterize anyone off two feet in the halfcourt without taking any dribbles means he isn't nearly as explosive a finisher in traffic, which will always prevent him from being in the same league as Jordan as an off-ball player.

Cocaine80s
09-29-2014, 11:39 PM
The fact that Lebron cannot posterize anyone off two feet in the halfcourt without taking any dribbles means he isn't nearly as explosive a finisher in traffic, which will always prevent him from being in the same league as Jordan as an off-ball player.
because dunking=everything

Lebron is also taller and longer than Jordan. He doesnt need to jump as high

Milbuck
09-29-2014, 11:39 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/image/51b5fa89ecad04c73100000d/lebron-james-bulls-dunk.gif

Pretty sick off ball dunk imo. Almost seems like he gets up higher than MJ.

Cocaine80s
09-29-2014, 11:40 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/image/51b5fa89ecad04c73100000d/lebron-james-bulls-dunk.gif

Pretty sick off ball dunk imo. Almost seems like he gets up higher than MJ.
"b-b-but he had a running start and a teammate passed him the ball :no: "

SpecialQue
09-29-2014, 11:41 PM
A bit late to the party, but

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img542/6350/4g4u.gif

3ball
09-29-2014, 11:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I7PngLE3AU&spfreload=1

Watch #9 and 7.....
Lebron DRIBBLES in both of those....

It's important because this thread is about Lebron changing his game to play primarily OFF-BALL, and I'm saying his off-ball ability is forever limited by his inability to explode off a vertical WITH NO MOMENTUM.. SO NO RUN-UP OR DRIBBLES.

Post one of Lebron doing this..

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_dunks_on_Defender_off_42e80f0371b2ccd1311ad dc612220fdc.gif

Cocaine80s
09-29-2014, 11:45 PM
Lebron he DRIBBLES in both of those....

The reason that's important is because this thread is about Lebron changing his game to play primarily OFF-BALL, and I'm saying his off-ball ability is forever limited by his inability to explode off a vertical WITH MOMENTUM, SO NO RUN-UP OR DRIBBLES.

Post one of Lebron doing this..

you do realize off ball doesnt mean he wont get a dribble in right?

btw have you heard of something called a layup before? Lebron is one of the best finishers in the league and can use both hands with ease. please stfu already

poido123
09-29-2014, 11:45 PM
Back on topic.

Part of cavs success this year will be how well kyrie and lebron share the ball handling responsibilities.

Lebron will need to give up a lot of control, more than he would be comfortable with.

Milbuck
09-29-2014, 11:47 PM
Lebron DRIBBLES in both of those....

This one? He's playing off the ball, in the corner, takes just 2 steps to jump literally OVER someone for a lob.

Cocaine80s
09-29-2014, 11:48 PM
btw thoughts on this dunk?

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/9-29-2014/f86R_U.gif

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/9-29-2014/2ZIu4a.gif

Milbuck
09-29-2014, 11:51 PM
http://youtu.be/3o4JDxQ0IE8?t=2m30s

Another off ball dunk.

3ball
09-29-2014, 11:53 PM

This one? He's playing off the ball, in the corner, takes just 2 steps to jump literally OVER someone for a lob.
great dunk, but he gets takes off one leg... we all know he and Jordan goat-level off one leg...

but jumping off two legs is just as important as one leg because it's required anytime there is no room for a run-up one-legger, which is often... actually two-foot leaping happens more often in a game than one-legged leaping.

3ball
09-29-2014, 11:57 PM
http://youtu.be/3o4JDxQ0IE8?t=2m30s

Another off ball dunk.
perfect case in point... he takes off one leg again and no one contests.

there are ONLY so many times the defense allows enough room for a one-legger in the halfcourt... MUCH more often, it will be the two-legged jump that is available.

anytime there isn't room for a run-up, the two-legger must be used... which is why Jordan got so many more posters than Lebron does, because he was so much more explosive two-foot leaper.

rlsmooth775
09-29-2014, 11:57 PM
great dunk, but he gets takes off one leg... we all know he and Jordan goat-level off one leg...

but jumping off two legs is just as important as one leg because it's required anytime there is no room for a run-up one-legger, which is often... actually two-foot leaping happens more often in a game than one-legged leaping.

Lebron jumps higher than jordan get over it

Milbuck
09-29-2014, 11:58 PM

And yet Lebron has countless off ball dunks jumping off one leg. This is just you finding something that Lebron doesn't do as well as Jordan, and hyping the shit out of it as if not being better than Jordan at it means he sucks at it.

Warfan
09-29-2014, 11:59 PM
Bron had a 2 foot and-1 dunk in the finals. Either game 3 or 4 from the right baseline. Yeah....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3asH2NzxAMM

11:55

Duncan got the fukk outta the way quickly though :lol

Bron will never be as good of an off-ball player as MJ, but he's already improved a lot in that area the past few years. He's particularly good at catch and shooting, using his size to get good position down low for easy looks etc.

3ball
09-30-2014, 12:12 AM
And yet Lebron has countless off ball dunks jumping off one leg. This is just you finding something that Lebron doesn't do as well as Jordan, and hyping the shit out of it as if not being better than Jordan at it means he sucks at it.
"finding" something??

i don't have to "find" anything.... there are tons of obvious things (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10448178#post10448178) that no one can deny - no need to "find" things Jordan is better at... they abound..

the two-foot leaping is very important though - do you realize that ANYTIME there isn't room for a run-up, two-foot leaping is used??... Two-footed leaping occurs FAR more often than one-footed leaping.

Jordan's more versatile leaping ability was a part of his more versatile offensive scoring ability and allowed him to better mitigate a wider range of defenses and higher levels of congestion.

Cocaine80s
09-30-2014, 12:15 AM
"finding" something??

i don't have to "find" anything.... there are tons of obvious things (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10448178#post10448178) that no one can deny - no need to "find" things Jordan is better at... they abound..

the two-foot leaping is very important though - do you realize that ANYTIME there isn't room for a run-up, two-foot leaping is used??... Two-footed leaping occurs FAR more often than one-footed leaping.

Jordan's more versatile leaping ability was a part of his more versatile offensive scoring ability and allowed him to better mitigate a wider range of defenses and higher levels of congestion.
lol so youre just gonna completely ignore me and warfan's posts?

Also:

"the two-foot leaping is very important though - do you realize that ANYTIME there isn't room for a run-up, two-foot leaping is used??... Two-footed leaping occurs FAR more often than one-footed leaping."

thats not true at all. How many people do you see finish layups by jumping with two feet? majority of the time its off one foott

Kvnzhangyay
09-30-2014, 12:20 AM
lol so youre just gonna completely ignore me and warfan's posts?

Also:

"the two-foot leaping is very important though - do you realize that ANYTIME there isn't room for a run-up, two-foot leaping is used??... Two-footed leaping occurs FAR more often than one-footed leaping."

thats not true at all. How many people do you see finish layups by jumping with two feet? majority of the time its off one foott

this lol wtf

pretty hard to take posts seirously when they say something like two foot takeoffs occur more often than one foot leaps

poido123
09-30-2014, 12:22 AM
"finding" something??

You're beating a dead horse here dude.

Nobody needs to be convinced on jordan and his different abilities, its been talked about enough already.

Its even more silly doing it in a thread about lebron and irving when not even prompted to do so.

3ball
09-30-2014, 12:26 AM
btw thoughts on this dunk?

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/9-29-2014/f86R_U.gif

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/9-29-2014/2ZIu4a.gif
Like, i guess this is okay, but it has to be a POSTER, like chest-to-chest, not just a fly-by or reach-in by the defender..

None of these dunks by Lebron are true posters off two feet in the halfcourt where he didn't take any dribbles... this kind of straight-up vertical explosiveness is important if he wants to have MJ-type effectiveness off-ball.

Regarding what i mean by "real posters".... like, here are GIF's of 105 chest-to-chest posters by MJ.... they are actually all chest-to-chest.. all 105 of them... just to give you an idea of what i'm talking about by "poster".

Top 15 MJ Dunks Over Multiple Contesting Defenders (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=40414797#p40414797)
Random Posters 1 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10508118&postcount=237)
Random Posters 2 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10512996&postcount=255)
Random Posters 3 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10487292&postcount=48)
Random Posters 4 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10494322&postcount=198)
Random Posters 5 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10513143&postcount=256)
Random Posters 6 (for 6) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10273035&postcount=86)
Old-Man Chest-to-Chest Posters (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10512074&postcount=27)
Partial Collection of MJ Dunks Over All-Time Great Centers (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=40382395#p40382395)
Various Two-Handed Posters Over Defenders (two-foot takeoffs) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10441991&postcount=40)

Milbuck
09-30-2014, 12:27 AM
"finding" something??

Again, you're spewing crap about Jordan that has no real basis in this discussion....so exactly what you always do in EVERY Lebron thread you enter. The fact of the matter is, Lebron has shown tons of times in his career that he can complete off ball plays off one foot. And he's more than capable jumping off two feet. He doesn't have to be Jordan jumping off two feet to be a successful off ball player.

Cocaine80s
09-30-2014, 12:28 AM
Like, i guess this is okay, but it has to be a POSTER, like chest-to-chest, not just a fly-by or reach-in.. none of these by Lebron are true posters off two feet in the halfcourt where he didn't take any dribbles... this kind of straight-up vertical explosiveness is important if he wants to have MJ-type effectiveness off-ball.

Regarding what i mean by "real posters".... like, here are GIF's of 105 chest-to-chest posters by MJ.... they are actually all chest-to-chest.. all 105 of them... just to give you an idea of what i'm talking about.

Top 15 MJ Dunks Over Multiple Contesting Defenders (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=40414797#p40414797)
Random Posters 1 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10508118&postcount=237)
Random Posters 2 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10512996&postcount=255)
Random Posters 3 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10487292&postcount=48)
Random Posters 4 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10494322&postcount=198)
Random Posters 5 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10513143&postcount=256)
Random Posters 6 (for 6) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10273035&postcount=86)
Old-Man Chest-to-Chest Posters (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10512074&postcount=27)
Partial Collection of MJ Dunks Over All-Time Great Centers (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=40382395#p40382395)
Various Two-Handed Posters Over Defenders (two-foot takeoffs) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10441991&postcount=40)
how many times do i have to say this... dunking does not mean everything.

Are you saying Ray Allen is a shitty off ball player because he cant dunk without a running start? If you cant dunk theres always a lay up open.

Milbuck
09-30-2014, 12:30 AM

Are you saying Ray Allen is a shitty off ball player because he cant dunk without a running start? If you cant dunk theres always a lay up open.
Don't waste your time with him. Don't know why I engaged him, done after this.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-30-2014, 12:32 AM

This should put an end to that clown's madness. There is no rebuttal to this.

3ball
09-30-2014, 12:42 AM
He doesn't have to be Jordan jumping off two feet to be a successful off ball player.

To have MJ's level of off-ball effectiveness - yes, he's screwed from being at that level if he can't leap off two feet like MJ... among other things too - like, having an inferior turn-around jumpshot, pull-up mid-range jumpshot, and a much smaller repertoire of post moves in general will also hurt Lebron's off-ball effectiveness in comparison to Jordan.

Keep in mind that the dunks are just an indicator of the two-foot leaping ability because obviously, guys can't go up strong enough to dunk it every time - but superior two-foot explosiveness means that ANY shot in traffic off two feet will result in Jordan going up stronger and better than Lebron does.

I mean look at what Jordan can do off-ball - and yes, each of the shots below are in traffic and require TWO-FOOT LEAPING - you can see how explosive Jordan is off-ball... It's a totally different dimension from the rudimentary abilities Lebron has.. it really is.

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_drop_step_vs_bullets_cc366afc62cd900f934c8d f929b61549.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_upfake_baseline_spin_ha_1c67b79b5d1df94cd23 9d290b3690a33.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_Drop_Step_Reverse_on_Vs_8e8f88c095881b6a85b a3f8166d38f88.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_Goat_Skill_bf583bc986f5cc7cf7d8a49cae0bfe7e .gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/One_Step_and_Jump_Off_Vertical_aebcc2c8a0afcc9de26 8a3087ee78bba.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_Ridiculous_vs_Knicks_3106ba32859a8e178352db 0a81e442cb.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_quadruple_pump_7d9c8b7725e19d0b4904871b5b43 c902.gif

THIS is what GOAT off-ball play looks like, and obviously, doing all that in traffic requires great two-foot leaping...

Of course, Jordan could get 50 points playing entirely off-ball... he could actually get 50 playing in any fashion you wanted... he once got 50 on ALL ON PULL-UP JUMPSHOTS against the best defense in the league.. :confusedshrug:

Legends66NBA7
09-30-2014, 12:42 AM
^This has nothing to do with Jordan. Please stop derailing the thread.

3ball
09-30-2014, 12:50 AM
^This has nothing to do with Jordan. Please stop derailing the thread.

It shows Jordan's superior off-ball ability, which is what the thread is about.. Lebron doesn't play anything like that.

And in all those clips of Jordan doing GOAT plays off-ball, you see how two-foot leaping is needed to finish those plays, another thing Lebron doesn't do.

Cocaine80s
09-30-2014, 12:51 AM
It shows Jordan's superior off-ball ability, which is what the thread is about.. Lebron doesn't play anything like that.

And in all those clips of Jordan doing GOAT plays off-ball, you see how two-foot leaping is needed to finish those plays, another thing Lebron doesn't do.
Lebron is so baller he only needs one foot to do what Jordan does with two :pimp:

Legends66NBA7
09-30-2014, 12:54 AM
It shows Jordan's superior off-ball ability, which is what the thread is about

No, it really isn't anything about that. The OP:

And in the article, there is nothing about Jordan anywhere.

Nuff Said
09-30-2014, 12:57 AM

You honestly deserve a ban at this point.

RedBlackAttack
09-30-2014, 12:59 AM

I'm trying to figure out what this thread had to do with Michael Jordan before you brought him into it. If you can, please show me with clarity how we got to this point. If not, please stop derailing threads.

Thanks.

tpols
09-30-2014, 01:00 AM

Hes not as explosive vertically, but hes more explosive horizontally.. he can bully guys off him down low better than jordan could

3ball
09-30-2014, 01:01 AM
No, it really isn't anything about that. The OP:

And in the article, there is nothing about Jordan anywhere.

Lebron is trying to play off-ball like Jordan but can't do the GOAT off-ball things seen below because he isn't as explosive off two legs (in addition to not having the repertoire of moves and footwork, or the GOAT turnaround/mid-range jumper).

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_drop_step_vs_bullets_cc366afc62cd900f934c8d f929b61549.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_upfake_baseline_spin_ha_1c67b79b5d1df94cd23 9d290b3690a33.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_Drop_Step_Reverse_on_Vs_8e8f88c095881b6a85b a3f8166d38f88.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_Goat_Skill_bf583bc986f5cc7cf7d8a49cae0bfe7e .gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/One_Step_and_Jump_Off_Vertical_aebcc2c8a0afcc9de26 8a3087ee78bba.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_Ridiculous_vs_Knicks_3106ba32859a8e178352db 0a81e442cb.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/Jordan_quadruple_pump_7d9c8b7725e19d0b4904871b5b43 c902.gif

Lebron is chasing Jordan... why do you think he stared at him in the Bobcats game... and now Lebron is trying to play more like Jordan by playing off-ball.... so the above GOAT off-ball standard IS relevant.

RedBlackAttack
09-30-2014, 01:03 AM
Lebron is trying to play off-ball like Jordan but can't do the GOAT off-ball things seen below because he isn't as explosive off two legs (in addition to not having the repertoire of moves and footwork, or the GOAT turnaround/mid-range jumper).

Lebron is chasing Jordan... why do you think he stared at him in the Bobcats game... and now Lebron is trying to play more like Jordan by playing off-ball.... so the above IS relevant.

Official warning. Stop trolling/derailing. The thread has nothing to do with Jordan. Move along. Thanks.

Milbuck
09-30-2014, 01:03 AM
Yes, the only reason Lebron is trying to play off ball is because he's chasing Jordan, trying to be like Mike.

Not at all because of the way his team is constructed, playing to the strength of his teammates or anything, or adapting to getting older like every great before him did.

It's all about Jordan.

3ball
09-30-2014, 01:06 AM
Yes, the only reason Lebron is trying to play off ball is because he's chasing Jordan, trying to be like Mike.

Not at all because of the way his team is constructed, playing to the strength of his teammates or anything, or adapting to getting older like every great before him did.

It's all about Jordan.
Not always... but in this thread - where the thread is about a guy that's now planning on playing off-ball who stared at the off-ball GOAT during the Bobcats game before getting his a** handed to him in historical fashion - it's relevant to bring up how Lebron's off-ball game compares to Jordan's... and in doing so, it obviously makes sense to point out that it doesn't... :confusedshrug:

RedBlackAttack
09-30-2014, 01:11 AM
Not always... but in this thread - where the thread is about a guy that's now planning on playing off-ball who stared at the off-ball GOAT during the Bobcats game before getting his a** handed to him in historical fashion - it's relevant to bring up how Lebron's off-ball game compares to Jordan's... and in doing so, it obviously makes sense to point out that it doesn't... :confusedshrug:
There's absolutely no connection. Move along.

3ball
09-30-2014, 01:18 AM

adapting to his teammates?... you have to admit, you bs'd there a bit..

adapting to his teammates is not something Lebron has historially done, so this would be a first.

historically, Lebron's teammates adjust to HIM, even if it means big men must turn into floor-spreaders.

also, playing off-ball is simply optimal anytime he plays with other guys that are capable of playmaking - he doesn't need any other reason to play off-ball... he should have learned to dominate off-ball in Miami, and he'd probably still be there.... which brings up another point, Lebron has never dominated off-ball before - that will be a first too, assuming he TRIES to dominate (that has also been a problem historically).

poido123
09-30-2014, 01:32 AM
adapting to his teammates?... you have to admit, you bs'd there a bit..

adapting to his teammates is not something Lebron has historially done, so this would be a first.

historically, Lebron's teammates adjust to HIM, even if it means big men must turn into floor-spreaders.

also, playing off-ball is simply optimal anytime he plays with other guys that are capable of playmaking - he doesn't need any other reason to play off-ball... he should have learned to dominate off-ball in Miami, and he'd probably still be there.... which brings up another point, Lebron has never dominated off-ball before - that will be a first too, assuming he TRIES to dominate (that has also been a problem historically).

Dude stop. You just got an official warning, this thread isnt about jordan.

Tried re railing the thread with this.

The key to cavs success this year will hinge on how much lebron is willing to sacrifice in order to win.

Irving needs the ball to be most effective, so if lebron can play more off the ball, look out.

game3524
04-05-2015, 02:57 PM