PDA

View Full Version : D-Will fires back at Kobe:

Legends66NBA7
09-28-2014, 05:33 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/28/deron-williams-fires-back-at-kobe-if-im-0-for-f-9-im-not-shooting-20-more-shots/

[QUOTE]Deron Williams struggled in Game 2 of the playoff series the Nets ultimately lost to the Heat, going 0-9 from the floor.

This summer in a Sports Illustrated story Gotham Chopra (the director of an upcoming Kobe documentary) said Kobe Bryant said Williams psyched himself out in that game:

Heavincent
09-28-2014, 05:35 PM
Deron Williams has a loser's mentality. He loses confidence way to easily. He admitted it himself last year. KG said it too.

Cocaine80s
09-28-2014, 05:36 PM
Not really firing back. Just mad that Kobe chose to pick on him out of everyone else in the league :lol

Wade3
09-28-2014, 05:41 PM
I always knew Deron would never reach that "next level" said it back when hipsters used to say he was better than Paul back in 06-09.

Although its cool to see somebody fire back at Kobe. Lord Bean gives his opinion on everybody in the league with not a single **** given of the consequences and everybody just takes it like they Kobe's bitch :roll:

JT123
09-28-2014, 05:42 PM
:applause: Good for D Will. He is smart enough to realize that if your shot is off you do other things to help your team win ie passing, rebounding, defense. Kobe on the other hand keeps shooting to try and boost his stats. :rolleyes:
The truth that no one in the media will ever admit is that Kobe's never stop shooting mentality has cost the Lakers far more games than it has won them.

ralph_i_el
09-28-2014, 05:46 PM
on the flip side, when he's hot you can't stop D-will from shooting :roll:

IGOTGAME
09-28-2014, 05:50 PM
DWill needs to get his shit together before responding to anyone. Bc he looks like shit now

moe94
09-28-2014, 05:52 PM
He said absolutely nothing wrong.

SexSymbol
09-28-2014, 05:54 PM
That's the difference between 5 rings and zero playoff success, folks.

Legends66NBA7
09-28-2014, 05:54 PM

Kobe or Deron ?

rmt
09-28-2014, 05:58 PM
Just imagine if everybody in the league took on Kobe's attitude and kept chucking - the NBA would be unbearable to watch.

moe94
09-28-2014, 05:59 PM
Kobe or Deron ?
Deron

TheMarkMadsen
09-28-2014, 06:01 PM

I cringe when Deron said his way works for him and Kobes way works for Kobe.

miles berg
09-28-2014, 06:14 PM
And that right there is why Shaq only won 3 titles with the Lakers.

SexSymbol
09-28-2014, 06:19 PM
I cringe when Deron said his way works for him and Kobes way works for Kobe.
Yeah, me too.
Deron's a complete bitch.
Ran out an all-time great coach out of town, sucked major ass as a Net, now says it worked for him.

tpols
09-28-2014, 06:21 PM
But.. it doesnt work for you dwill.. you suck.

Young X
09-28-2014, 06:28 PM
He didn't say anything wrong. He's a PG, why would he take 20 more shots when he can set up his teammates aka playing smart, unselfish basketball? Going 0-30 is putting yourself over the team.

EDIT: My fault, my computer froze smh

TheMarkMadsen
09-28-2014, 06:28 PM

Compared to all the titles he won before and after the Lakers?

SpecialQue
09-28-2014, 06:30 PM

And why Shaq had so much more success when he didn't play with Kobe. :bowdown:

bizil
09-28-2014, 06:34 PM
D-Will at his best is a pass first PG who can also takeover a game scoring. Just like CP3 does too. So I agree with D-Will in that sense. But I also agree with Kobe that he should have put up more shots. I say that because the Nets weren't really the potential threat to the Heat that they were supposed to be due to injuries. So in that sense, I think Deron should have put up more shots. If Brook Lopez was there and KG had more gas in the tank I would agree with Deron. But I don't think it was a lack of confidence either. It could be he's still battling pain due to injuries in the past that still nag him.

FlashDwyaneWade3
09-28-2014, 06:37 PM
This is why Deron is a loser. No heart. He's like Vince and T-Mac.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-28-2014, 07:03 PM
0-30 is a stretch, but Deron going 0-9 was pretty weak (he averages ~14 FGA and has seasons of 16 and 17 FGA per). At his absolute BEST, dude is a scoring point guard. Been that way since Utah.

Derka
09-28-2014, 07:05 PM
That's why Kobe's an all-time great, DWill...and you will be no such thing. :confusedshrug:

oh the horror
09-28-2014, 08:59 PM
On any other team but the Lakers, Kobe's best case scenario for a career is Iverson.

He can wax heroic and have people eat it up solely because of Jerry Buss. He literally owes everything to dude.

Stop posting for awhile champ. You're tiring yourself out.

And on a team like the Nets where they didn't have Lopez and they need offense as well id say Deron should have stepped up more on the offensive end. He has the talent. Just the lack of any hunger.

lilteapot
09-28-2014, 09:26 PM
He's right though.

hawksdogsbraves
09-28-2014, 10:52 PM
He didn't say anything wrong. He's a PG, why would he take 20 more shots when he can set up his teammates aka playing smart, unselfish basketball? Going 0-30 is putting yourself over the team.

EDIT: My fault, my computer froze smh

Because the point is that Deron should be an alpha dog. He should see himself as the best player on the floor. He should realize that going 0-9 is an anomaly and that him continuing to put shots up is the best option for his team and the best way to give his team a chance to win.

The fact that Deron isn't actually an alpha dog and isn't (at this point) ever the best player on the floor is why Kobe was wrong. Deron chucking doesn't help his team win.

theoneneo
09-28-2014, 11:46 PM
Because the point is that Deron should be an alpha dog. He should see himself as the best player on the floor. He should realize that going 0-9 is an anomaly and that him continuing to put shots up is the best option for his team and the best way to give his team a chance to win.

The fact that Deron isn't actually an alpha dog and isn't (at this point) ever the best player on the floor is why Kobe was wrong. Deron chucking doesn't help his team win.

It's not about chucking, but if your the best damn player on the team you can't just stop shooting because you missed a few :facepalm

Mr. Jabbar
09-29-2014, 01:02 AM
hes right exept it doesnt work for him :facepalm

brandonislegend
09-29-2014, 01:17 AM
I almost completely forgot Deron Williams was still in the league....

outbreak
09-29-2014, 01:17 AM
Deron is a bitch but he's 100% right there. Kobe is on the team to be an elite scorer, Deron is on the team to score and facilitate. If he isn't scoring his job is to create for others.

MMM
09-29-2014, 01:44 AM
What I take from Kobe's view is remaining aggressive despite a poor shooting night but a player can be aggressive without jacking up shots especially at the pg position.

The PG has a lot of responsibility on his hands; keeping his teammates happy, finding the hot hand, maintaining the pace of the game. In a playoff game I feel like those responsibility take on extra importance.

Could you imagine how ugly it would have been if Deron really went 0-30 in a playoff game???

That would have been ugly and I would not be sure if his team would bounce back from that type of game.

Brokenbeat
09-29-2014, 03:20 AM
More like D-Wont... AMIRITE? :banana:

:(

coin24
09-29-2014, 03:33 AM
Deron is a complete scrub now, time to stfu..:oldlol:
Mentally weak beta

Chrono90
09-29-2014, 04:33 AM

He said nothing wrong if he's a role player. KG is out of his prime. PP is out of his prime. Brook is injured and not even playing. It's all ONLY D-WILL AND JJ. He HAS to step up and be the leader. Be an all star. Be the one that steps up. Not take a back seat.

Kobe doesn't mean what he said for Mario Chalmer. But for leaders of your team, you have to keep your confidence and step up.

Chrono90
09-29-2014, 04:38 AM
Basically for Mario Chalmers, you shouldn't be 0-30 period.

But for Lebron, you rather be 0-30 and lose than to be 0-9 and lose.

To close the case, D-Will was best as a scoring PG. Never known for high assists.

Spurs5Rings2014
09-29-2014, 05:29 AM
**** LeShit, that's the only overrated piece of shitty ass player I hate.. Why?

1. After a huge loss against the Orlando Magic in the Eastern Conference Final, he didn't shake hands to the winning team and bitch out like a crybaby and yet fans still call him "King James?" More like Queen James.

2. A sophomore college kid dunk over LeShit James, and nike confiscated a ****ing tape of LeShit getting dunk over by a Xavier college boy.

3. No kids should look up to LeShit as a role model.

:lebronamazed:

ArbitraryWater
09-29-2014, 10:19 AM
Kobe would rather go 0-30 than 0-9....

Williams disagrees.

LOLZ WILLIAMS IS A BUM! CHOKER THAT COULD NEVER WIN SHITTY AZZ MENTALITY LOLOL!!

#Killer #Beast #Mamba #OneBiteYouDead #24

Miss Bella
09-29-2014, 10:22 AM
Nothing wrong with what he said, Deron is pass first PG if his shot is not falling he have other skillsets. He can impact the game in other ways than just scoring.

Miss Bella
09-29-2014, 10:23 AM
Kobe would rather go 0-30 than 0-9....

Williams disagrees.

LOLZ WILLIAMS IS A BUM! CHOKER THAT COULD NEVER WIN SHITTY AZZ MENTALITY LOLOL!!

#Killer #Beast #Mamba #24

:oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
09-29-2014, 10:43 AM
:oldlol:

Check the Edit :pimp:

CeltsGarlic
09-29-2014, 10:51 AM
I always knew Deron would never reach that "next level" said it back when hipsters used to say he was better than Paul back in 06-09.

Although its cool to see somebody fire back at Kobe. Lord Bean gives his opinion on everybody in the league with not a single **** given of the consequences and everybody just takes it like they Kobe's bitch :roll:

No shit bro. He was scoring 20 ppg dishing out 10ast while shooting 50 40 80%

All that while being 23.. Dude was supposed to be more than amazing.

atljonesbro
09-29-2014, 02:13 PM
Yeah, tons of prime hall of gamers to support one of them.

Stringer Bell
09-29-2014, 03:40 PM
I get Kobe's point in terms of having unshakeable confidence, but it's really an extreme in an example of going 0 for 30.

If you're shooting that terribly, then you should be finding other ways to help your team win.

And isn't that what he basically did in the 4th quarter of game 7 against Boston that seemingly everyone either bashes or defends him relentlessly for?

Shoot less jumpers, go to the basket more, focus on other areas of the game to help them win?

imdaman99
09-29-2014, 04:16 PM
What does he mean it's working for him? Is he satisfied never having done anything in the playoffs post Utah?
This guy has such a beta mentality :facepalm

niko
09-29-2014, 04:29 PM
Because that's what Kobe meant, shoot more.

ILLsmak
09-29-2014, 08:05 PM
No shit bro. He was scoring 20 ppg dishing out 10ast while shooting 50 40 80%

All that while being 23.. Dude was supposed to be more than amazing.

I dunno.

I never thought he was gonna get 25 15 60% 50% 90%. When you are good, you just change little things. Your stats may not even change.

Deron was a ****ing monster on Utah. Utah was a pretty mediocre team in a conference where their bigs could not contend with LAs.

Sure, Deron got injured, but something else happened. I don't think that erases that he was actually a great player. It's two different things.

Deron did have an argument over Paul when he was playing well. His good moments, which didn't last as long as we thought they would, were on a Utah team that was never a contender. In no universe, no matter what Deron did, could they ever be a contender. They just weren't built right for the NBA at the time. You can't have a stretch 5 and Boozer as your PF and go deep in the playoffs. And have no go-to wing scorer other than your PG...

-Smak

DrunkenDave
09-29-2014, 10:12 PM
What does he mean it's working for him? Is he satisfied never having done anything in the playoffs post Utah?

Today I learned on ISH: Taking more ill advised shots while on a cold streak is "alpha", helping the team to win is "beta".

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-29-2014, 10:20 PM
Today I learned on ISH: Taking more ill advised shots while on a cold streak is "alpha", helping the team to win is "beta".
Are you suggesting that all of Kobe's shots are ill advised?

All Kobe meant was that Deron should have been more aggressive and looked for his own. Smarten up, people.

JT123
09-29-2014, 10:44 PM
Deron is a complete scrub now, time to stfu..:oldlol:
Mentally weak beta
These Kobe stans get super sensitive when anyone dares call out their boyfriend. :oldlol:

Burgz V2
09-29-2014, 10:53 PM
that's "firing back"?

Cold soul
09-30-2014, 01:05 AM

D-Will was a career loser and undachiver that never did anything in playoffs post Utah like you said. This dude was mad overrated and overhyped when people said he was better than CP3 years ago I always find that to be funny.

Norcaliblunt
09-30-2014, 01:19 AM
What about when Kobe gave up in game 7 of the first round in 2006?