PDA

View Full Version : Do people realize how good Dallas is going to be in 2014-2015?

masonanddixon
09-29-2014, 03:46 AM
One of the worst supporting casts ever in the Dirk era outplayed the Spurs, and now this season they have upgraded at the SF and C positions and have added depth at the PG spot.

Dirk is a year older but he's still a top 5 player.

This team should be winning it all.

Inferno
09-29-2014, 03:48 AM
Outplayed the Spurs?

masonanddixon
09-29-2014, 03:49 AM
Outplayed the Spurs?

yeah did you follow the series? They outplayed the Spurs in at least 5 of the games.

Inferno
09-29-2014, 03:52 AM
yeah did you follow the series? They outplayed the Spurs in at least 5 of the games.

Spurs won though :confusedshrug:

masonanddixon
09-29-2014, 03:53 AM
Spurs won though :confusedshrug:

Yeah they got more calls and executed better down the stretch.

OKC outplayed Dallas in 10-11 and lost in 5. Then Dallas outplayed them the next playoffs and got swept.

Milbuck
09-29-2014, 04:13 AM
Yeah they got more calls and executed better down the stretch.

OKC outplayed Dallas in 10-11 and lost in 5. Then Dallas outplayed them the next playoffs and got swept.
I get what you're saying, another example is when the Bucks outplayed the Heat in 2013. I really thought we were the better team, but Miami just executed better in the final 48 minutes of every game.

masonanddixon
09-29-2014, 04:17 AM
I get what you're saying, another example is when the Bucks outplayed the Heat in 2013. I really thought we were the better team, but Miami just executed better in the final 48 minutes of every game.

Except this series went 7 and Dallas held the lead the majority of the time in the series.

Cocaine80s
09-29-2014, 04:30 AM
mavericks are underrated but i think they just match up well with the spurs.

okc woulda raped them in 4 last year

brantonli
09-29-2014, 05:04 AM

:lol :lol :lol

The Mavs did surprisingly well last playoffs, but seriously, they ultimately lost. If they really outplayed the Spurs, they would've won, simple as that.

Spurs5Rings2014
09-29-2014, 05:16 AM

:biggums:

JonatanRey
09-29-2014, 05:22 AM
OP, I think everyone see your point. You are wrong, but not extremely wrong.

Are they better than last year? Yes.

Are they passing first round? Probably.

Are they going to The Finals? Probably no. Mavs are behind Spurs, OKC and Clippers.

Are they winning all, as you say? Absolutely no.

poido123
09-29-2014, 05:47 AM
If spurs get knocked out early this year, it will be this team or the warriors imo.

El Gato Negro
09-29-2014, 05:53 AM
Mavs should be fun to watch this year.:cheers:

QuebecBaller
09-29-2014, 07:23 AM
Tyson Chandler Parsons :rockon:

T_L_P
09-29-2014, 07:33 AM
Dallas' role players got incredibly hot in that Spurs series. They took us to 7 even though Dirk had a mini-shocker.

I can't doubt Rick Carlisle though. He and Pop are by far the two best coaches in the game.

lilteapot
09-29-2014, 10:41 AM
If the Spurs don't make it to the Finals, I got Dallas in the finals, and winning it all.

ArbitraryWater
09-29-2014, 10:44 AM
Check the WC preview sticky thread....

Like everyone has had Dallas in their top 5 rankings.. Most even top 4.

As a Fan you're either over confident, realistic or always a bit unsure and worried... I am just that.. So I have them "just" 5th, in a ridicilously stacked conference.

ArbitraryWater
09-29-2014, 10:45 AM
Dallas' role players got incredibly hot in that Spurs series. They took us to 7 even though Dirk had a mini-shocker.

I can't doubt Rick Carlisle though. He and Pop are by far the two best coaches in the game.

I know another Spurs fan who has went on record to say that Rick is the only guy ever to outcoach Pop in a playoff series.. :bowdown: :pimp:

T_L_P
09-29-2014, 10:54 AM
I know another Spurs fan who has went on record to say that Rick is the only guy ever to outcoach Pop in a playoff series.. :bowdown: :pimp:

Phil did it a couple of times. Avery butt****ed him hard in 06. A few have to be fair.

But yeah, Rick and Dirk continue to do well with not much raw talent. :cheers:

Either the Mavs will be a top 4 seed and WCF contender or they'll be the 8th seed again next year. All depends on how well Dirk plays and if Parsons is ready to play like a second option (though he'll really be third).

MavsPoke
09-29-2014, 11:34 AM
The Mavs have a lot of questions to answer before anyone can seriously consider them a contender.

Can Tyson stay healthy? What kind of impact will he have on our crappy D? How well will they execute on O without Calderon's floor spacing 3 pointers? Will they miss the veteran leadership of VC and Marion? We have a lot of PGs... will any of them not suck? How well will Parsons play in our system? Mavs need Parsons to play big time D like Marion... can he do it? (Some question a one year older Dirk's impact...not me...but some)

Mavs had a very interesting off-season and I'm excited to see how Carlise gets the team playing throughout the season. I have high hopes that by the end of the year they will be pretty damn good. But still there are too many questions we don't know the answers to at this point to pencil them in as contenders.

Lets just worry about making the playoffs in the brutal western conference.

ralph_i_el
09-29-2014, 11:51 AM
Even if they aren't the favorite to come out of the West, they'll be damn exciting to watch. Monta :bowdown: Dirk:bowdown:

A healthy Tyson Chandler might clean up that D

Haymaker
09-29-2014, 12:09 PM
Tyson Chandler Parsons :rockon:

:oldlol:

Haymaker
09-29-2014, 12:12 PM
They will shit on Houston, that's a given. The spurs/Mavs rematch will be a great series. Carlisle did so much with so little last season.

Smoke117
09-29-2014, 03:48 PM
Dallas matched up well with the Spurs...that's all that was last season. They are still going to be a terrible defensive team and terrible defensive teams don't win championships.

Crown&Coke
09-29-2014, 04:15 PM
That point guard rotation is going to be the weak link

Carlisle is a great coach but even he can't turn that shit into something good

imdaman99
09-29-2014, 04:20 PM
They still don't match up well with OKC.

Cali Syndicate
09-29-2014, 04:51 PM
That point guard rotation is going to be the weak link

Carlisle is a great coach but even he can't turn that shit into something good

I would go even further by saying it's their entire backcourt rotation. Could really use some length.

qrich
09-29-2014, 05:17 PM
Dallas has become overrated at this point, with people pegging them to finish as high as the second seed in the West, and even some, saying they should end up as the top seed in the conference. Yes, Dirk is amazing, but they still have a ton of questions, and I don't see adding Chandler/Parsons as being huge enough since they also did lose some key players off the bench in Vince and Marion from last season. Calderon was a pretty underrated subtraction as well.

I see them maxing out as the 4th seed, but most likely finishing 5th/6th. The Clippers, Thunder, Spurs and Warriors are all superior, then, you have squads like Memphis (should be fully healthy and added some actual offense) that will be there for the 4th slot as well.

SamuraiSWISH
09-29-2014, 05:23 PM
:biggums:

oarabbus
09-29-2014, 05:48 PM
One of the worst supporting casts ever in the Dirk era outplayed the Spurs, and now this season they have upgraded at the SF and C positions and have added depth at the PG spot.

:oldlol: ok buddy if you say so

That's not true

Carter_17
09-29-2014, 08:16 PM
They added depth in the SF position and lost depth in frontcourt. I really believe they will miss the rebounds and effort Blair provided.
Not to mention that felton can hurt the team even though there are Harris and Nelson (and Mekel?) on the bench.
They have none who can actually defend at 4 , their frontcourt is Old and without depth . Wright is pretty decent though and a really solid player for Mavs.

In the end it will all depend on Ellis performance and Chandler's health.

qrich
09-30-2014, 03:51 AM

So they outplayed a team 5 times out of 7, but still lost the series.

Man, in that case, a team just needs to outplay them two times in 7 games, and they are fine. :cheers:

josh99
09-30-2014, 04:46 AM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

masonanddixon
09-30-2014, 04:55 AM
To the people claiming Dirk was not top 5 last season, name me just one player (let alone 5) who could have gotten that Mavs squad to more than 49 wins in the West.

chips93
09-30-2014, 06:45 AM
To the people claiming Dirk was not top 5 last season, name me just one player (let alone 5) who could have gotten that Mavs squad to more than 49 wins in the West.

you're really underselling ellis's contribution last year. he was a great second banana

griffin, love, aldridge could have all approximated dirk's value last year.

kurple
09-30-2014, 09:00 AM
mavericks are underrated but i think they just match up well with the spurs.

okc woulda raped them in 4 last year
mavs are not underrated. everyone has them in their top4-5 in the west

i would not be shocked if they miss the playoffs. they are this years underpreforming team (D12 Lakers, KG Nets, Last years Knicks)

kurple
09-30-2014, 09:02 AM
one semi-long chandler injury and they are ****ed

and their PG's are really unimpressive

oarabbus
09-30-2014, 01:40 PM
So they outplayed a team 5 times out of 7, but still lost the series.

Man, in that case, a team just needs to outplay them two times in 7 games, and they are fine. :cheers:

Exactly qrich, just like the Warriors outplayed the Clips in 5 of 7 games last playoff :cheers:

ArbitraryWater
09-30-2014, 01:50 PM
mavs are not underrated. everyone has them in their top4-5 in the west

i would not be shocked if they miss the playoffs. they are this years underpreforming team (D12 Lakers, KG Nets, Last years Knicks)

How would that be underperforming? We're expecting 2 Players to take a big step Forward (1 of them rejuvenating himself) and 2 more to stay at their same Level.... While 1 of them is getting older and older, and the other is prone to be rather inconsistent.

tpols
09-30-2014, 01:52 PM
one semi-long chandler injury and they are ****ed

and their PG's are really unimpressive

They did just fine with a shit center last year.. and their PG's are about the same. Worst comes to worst dirk/parsons/ellis >> dirk/marion/ellis and they are a fringe second round team.. I guess if thats being 'fvcked' every team in the league outside the top 2-3 are ****ed as well.

Raytmond Felton will do better for this team I believe.. the knicks were as dysfunctional as it gets, Carlisle is like mini pop, he gets the best out of players.

I dont see this happening because in all those scenarios there was shit coaching/management. Dantoni, Woodson and Kidd? 3 of the worst/inexperienced coaches in the league.. carlisle wont let that shit happen.. unless dirk goes down theyll be a playoff team.

Fudge
09-30-2014, 01:59 PM
:roll:

SexSymbol
09-30-2014, 02:22 PM

:roll:

DirkNowitzki41
09-30-2014, 02:50 PM
Obvious troll thread, but Mavs are definitely better than last year. 4th-5th seed, and 2nd round is the most likely scenario but you never know.. if things just gel right, they could sneak to the wcf. They have the talent, now its just about chemistry and fit.

Dirk and Ellis were great together and adding Parsons and Tyson is gonna make them even better. More spacing for Ellis to drive with Parsons at the wing, and Tyson is actually able to catch the ball and finish. No more Dalembert stone hands

SCdac
09-30-2014, 03:04 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. Tons of hype from extreme Mavs homers is to be expected. Think Mavs got better but any team giving Raymond Felton minutes kinda makes me laugh. Mavs yesterday talked about a putting Devin Harris and Felton on the court at the same time. Good luck with that. But you never know in today's NBA (or any era for that matter). Evenly spread, deep teams can win it all. Chandler is a good pick up but is he better than Dalembert offensively. Can Dirk still take over a 7 game series? Is Chandler Parsons really a glorified role player? Lots of questions imo. But I'm all for good competition, and rivalries.

qrich
09-30-2014, 07:19 PM
Exactly qrich, just like the Warriors outplayed the Clips in 5 of 7 games last playoff :cheers:

I want you or Dallas in Round 1, we just have to outplay you guys twice and we'll advance :rockon:

Carter_17
09-30-2014, 07:25 PM
They need to trade felton (+ some pick ?) for a big who can defend and they will reach at least the WCF.

masonanddixon
09-30-2014, 10:06 PM
Obvious troll thread, but Mavs are definitely better than last year. 4th-5th seed, and 2nd round is the most likely scenario but you never know.. if things just gel right, they could sneak to the wcf. They have the talent, now its just about chemistry and fit.

Dirk and Ellis were great together and adding Parsons and Tyson is gonna make them even better. More spacing for Ellis to drive with Parsons at the wing, and Tyson is actually able to catch the ball and finish. No more Dalembert stone hands

And you probably though I was trolling in 2010-2011 when I said this Mavs team would be special?

I'm been following them since before you were born. I have forgotten more about them than you'll ever know. You're the troll.

RRR3
10-01-2014, 01:42 AM
OP has been banned on so many different accounts but keeps making new ones to spam his racist, biased and downright idiotic opinions on ISH. He's like a nasty little fly that you just can't swat fast enough

bigt
10-01-2014, 02:21 AM

Damn those last four quarters of every game, that's where the Bucks tend to fall down. :oldlol:

The Mavs are a nice team but the West is far too stacked for any team to be 'expected' to win it all. Second round team, maybe conference finals depending on matchups, but there's no guarantees. I do like the revised structure, they should be a good team to watch and will do some damage.

ROCSteady
10-01-2014, 03:25 AM
Vince Carter still part of the rotation?

Inferno
10-01-2014, 03:27 AM
Sas
Okc
Lac
Gsw
Por / Dal
Dal / Por
Mem
Hou

?

bigt
10-01-2014, 03:48 AM
Vince Carter still part of the rotation?

Pretty sure he's with Memphis now

Smoke117
10-01-2014, 03:50 AM
I didn't know we were going to make threads about teams that are "good" enough to be eliminated in the first or second round. I can't wait for the next plethora of threads on other teams who will do so. :coleman:

creepingdeath
10-01-2014, 04:19 AM
I'll believe it when I see it. Tons of hype from extreme Mavs homers is to be expected. Think Mavs got better but any team giving Raymond Felton minutes kinda makes me laugh. Mavs yesterday talked about a putting Devin Harris and Felton on the court at the same time. Good luck with that. But you never know in today's NBA (or any era for that matter). Evenly spread, deep teams can win it all. Chandler is a good pick up but is he better than Dalembert offensively. Can Dirk still take over a 7 game series? Is Chandler Parsons really a glorified role player? Lots of questions imo. But I'm all for good competition, and rivalries.
Dallas fans are usually among the most unexcitable buzzkillers out there. The Mavericks have improved their roster quite a bit, but that's about it. We'll see what happens.

masonanddixon
10-01-2014, 04:33 AM
I didn't know we were going to make threads about teams that are "good" enough to be eliminated in the first or second round. I can't wait for the next plethora of threads on other teams who will do so. :coleman:

No, the Mavs are a championship caliber team

ArbitraryWater
10-01-2014, 10:29 AM
Dallas fans are usually among the most unexcitable buzzkillers out there. The Mavericks have improved their roster quite a bit, but that's about it. We'll see what happens.

Seriously... He should call them out, because I ain't seeing it... :rolleyes:

Mavericks Fans = Realists

Pointguard
10-11-2014, 12:11 PM
I like their sets and options on offense. Bench is deep. I have them third out West and can make it to the conference finals. They got players who got something to prove and really good team players.