PDA

View Full Version : 2014-15 Chicago Bulls Preview

CelticBalla32
09-29-2014, 11:28 AM
Over the next three weeks, I’ll be posting full 2014-15 previews for all 30 NBA teams over at CelticsBlog.com in SBNation's annual team preview project. Each article includes a breakdown of last season, a recap of the team’s summer, a full depth chart, keys to this season and predicted standings. This morning, the project kicked off with the Chicago Bulls and will be followed up with the Denver Nuggets this afternoon.

Snippet:

X-FACTOR – Derrick Rose
There is no secret here. The number one key to Chicago advancing to the NBA Finals for the first time since 1998 is the health of Derrick Rose. As we’ve already eluded to, the Bulls have been forced to attempt their last three postseason runs with their best player on the sidelines in a suit. If Rose can bounce back and reestablish himself as an All-Star ballplayer, this team is going to be scary, but the only way this group can ever maximize their potential is if Derrick Rose is still Derrick Rose.

WHAT TO EXPECT IN 2014-15
If you’re a Chicago Bulls fan, you’ve got to be excited about the chance to regain form as a legitimate contender. The general consensus throughout the basketball world is that the Bulls pose the biggest threat to LeBron James and his Cavaliers for the Eastern Conference crown. Even if Rose isn’t quite himself, the Bulls certainly improved their roster over the summer. The additions of Pau Gasol, Doug McDermott and Nikola Mirotic significantly upgrades their frontcourt rotation and arsenal of weaponry to complement their elite defensive prowess.

With or without Rose at 100%, the 2014-15 Bulls are going to be one heck of a team that may very well have the best chance of keeping Cleveland out of the Finals. There are no guarantees and anything can happen but barring another catastrophic injury, it is probably safe to peg the Bulls as a top two team in the East.

PREDICTED STANDINGS
2nd – Central Division
2nd – Eastern Conference

FULL ARTICLE --- CHICAGO BULLS 2014-15 PREVIEW - CAN DERRICK ROSE BOUNCE BACK? (http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/9/29/6854525/chicago-bulls-2014-15-preview-can-derrick-rose-bounce-back)

What do you guys think of the Bulls this season? What are your expectations? Will Rose bounce back?

ljsbb27
10-02-2014, 10:15 PM
I'm excited at the start of every season, but this season has a different feel to it and I'm even more excited than usual.

Reading all these articles and watching all these videos and interviews from training camp has me wishing the season started tomorrow.

The team certainly has a buzz around it and you can tell even the players are extremely excited about their new teammates and the roster as a whole.

They are confident, but they know its going to be a long season full of hard work.

Let's go Bulls!!!!!