PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brooks says Westbrook is the best PG in the NBA

JohnMax
09-29-2014, 03:22 PM
http://newsok.com/scott-brooks-russell-westbrook-is-the-best-point-guard-in-basketball/article/5346724

JerrySeinfeld
09-29-2014, 03:24 PM
Well he did just showcase a lot of talent in the playoffs vs 3 really good point guards.

but since he plays with Durant the media will never give him the credit he deserves

Smoke117
09-29-2014, 03:26 PM
What is he supposed to say? I think he's the best pg in the world after Chris Paul? :rolleyes: This is such a pointless thread.

JimmyMcAdocious
09-29-2014, 03:28 PM
Well he's pretty damn close, if he isn't. Not like Brooks is saying Chris Duhon is the best PG in basketball.

JerrySeinfeld
09-29-2014, 03:33 PM
Well he's pretty damn close, if he isn't. Not like Brooks is saying Chris Duhon is the best PG in basketball.

Chris Paul is the better PG but Westbrook is the better player.

kells333
09-29-2014, 03:38 PM

I never understood this arguement. Both play point guard and russell is the better player then russell is the better point guard.

scm5
09-29-2014, 04:35 PM
I never understood this arguement. Both play point guard and russell is the better player then russell is the better point guard.

Chris Paul is the better floor general and a better passer/playmaker.

Westbrook is a better scorer, defender, and rebounder

ImKobe
09-29-2014, 04:39 PM
IIRC, Westbrook completely outplayed CP3 when they met in the Playoffs

http://turnernbaallball.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/westbrook.gif

Cold soul
09-29-2014, 04:44 PM
Westbrook had a great playoff run maybe the best of his young career. As far as best PG in the NBA I'm not so sure just yet. I'd say top 3 or so right now, but CP3 is a better passer, playmaker, floor general than Westbrook is.

JerrySeinfeld
09-29-2014, 04:49 PM
Westbrook had a great playoff run maybe the best of his young career. As far as best PG in the NBA I'm not so sure just yet. I'd say top 3 or so right now, but CP3 is a better passer, playmaker, floor general than Westbrook is.

Yeah but can you imagine Westbrook playing with Doc Rivers coaching and with better floor spacing and and in an actual offense?

:lol -jerry

ImKobe
09-29-2014, 04:49 PM

And look where it got him so far :kobe:

And before you say KD, Blake put up 24/7/4 on 50% shooting in the POs. Paul is just not great at winning big games, he tends to fold when it matters the most, especially in the Playoffs and that horrible performance in the clutch in the OKC series :facepalm :facepalm

not to mention that CP3 has the better coach, system and the overall supporting cast. Blake + Deandre > KD + Ibaka in the POs last season. DeAndre averaged 10/13 with 2.5 bpg on 73% for crying out loud.

TheReal Kendall
09-29-2014, 05:31 PM
It's close but his shot selection is holding him back from being the "best PG". IMO

But yea you expect him and his coach to say this.

kells333
09-29-2014, 05:45 PM
Chris Paul is the better floor general and a better passer/playmaker.

Westbrook is a better scorer, defender, and rebounder

So is taj gibson a better power forward than dirk because he defends and rebounds better? Like when will people realize you can great at your position even as an unconventional player?

oarabbus
09-29-2014, 05:46 PM

Westbrook is also the better playoff PG.

beastee
09-29-2014, 09:47 PM
If Westbrook is as alpha as we all think, he should come out and say Scott Brooks is a bottom 10 coach in the league...

inclinerator
09-29-2014, 09:59 PM
he was the best pg in the playoffs but he basically played half a season

let's see how he does during this full season