PDA

View Full Version : "Animal loving" meat eaters

millwad
09-29-2014, 04:16 PM
Nothing provokes me more than these fools.

I have a distant family member who always spam the living crap out of people about how horrible the fur industry is, how people in China are disgusting for eating cats and dogs and all these kinds of petitions on FB to save polar bears and other cute animals.

She is not the only one obviously but she is doing it quite often, meanwhile she is also posting pictures of how "delicious" her big ass chicken meal is and once I asked her what the difference between that chicken and all the other animals the consumes on daily basis and the animals she is trying to "save" through a facebook-petition. She freaked out and cussed at me and told me that she has the right to sympathize with any animal she likes to.

Yes, I get it, people don't eat their pets yadi yadi but different cultures have different ways of living. There's no difference between a cow, cat, chicken and a goat, sure, bigger creatures with more functional brains suffer more but the whole "don't touch cute animals" is so silly, when the same people eat cows, fishs, pigs etc. on daily basis.

JerrySeinfeld
09-29-2014, 04:17 PM
I love animals but I love meat as well.

It's why being top on the food chain is good :biggums:

-Jerry

millwad
09-29-2014, 04:19 PM
I love animals but I love meat as well.

It's why being top on the food chain is good :biggums:

-Jerry

I guess you love your mother as well, do you eat her?
There's something very messed up in claiming to love someone or something while having no problem in having it killed and then going on eating it.

KingBeasley08
09-29-2014, 04:20 PM
I don't know man, I love animals but I also love food. Humans as species have reached the top of the food chain. That's the game of the wild. Until Mother Nature knocks us down, we're at the top and there to stay :pimp:

JerrySeinfeld
09-29-2014, 04:23 PM
I don't know man, I love animals but I also love food. Humans as species have reached the top of the food chain. That's the game of the wild. Until Mother Nature knocks us down, we're at the top and there to stay :pimp:

Right?

If a fish wants to eat me, maybe it should learn to fish human for a day, heh....

:facepalm I'm on the food chain looking down :confusedshrug:

NumberSix
09-29-2014, 04:30 PM
It's the same reason why a lion will eat a zebra but won't eat a leopard. Some animals are food, some aren't. It's a matter of evolution.

We have went through a particular evolutionary process. In that process we have evolved for certain animals to be part of our diet, and other animals are not. It's just the way it is.

You'll notice in most of nature (especially among mammals), predators don't really eat each other. For good reason too. It's more likely to spread disease. We will eat things like cows, chickens or other vegetarian animals. Predatory animals like wolves (dogs), cats are generally not something we eat.

Do you really want to eat a cat who has been out there killing rats, birds, snakes, bats, etc... and picking up god knows what from them?

Shade8780
09-29-2014, 04:40 PM
I guess you love your mother as well, do you eat her?
There's something very messed up in claiming to love someone or something while having no problem in having it killed and then going on eating it.
My mom doesn't taste good.

Draz
09-29-2014, 04:41 PM
No matter what. I won't stop eating meat. But I get your point.

YouGotServed
09-29-2014, 04:43 PM
you can love some animals and still find others appetizing. not sure whats the problem. OP just being dense because not everyone has a soft spot for animals like him.

grow up.

ArbitraryWater
09-29-2014, 04:45 PM
Vegetarians ftw :applause:

I only eat bio meat doe

SunsN07BookIt
09-29-2014, 04:59 PM
Does this mean if you eat veggies, you hate plants, trees and all forms of flora?

millwad
09-29-2014, 04:59 PM
It's the same reason why a lion will eat a zebra but won't eat a leopard. Some animals are food, some aren't. It's a matter of evolution.

We have went through a particular evolutionary process. In that process we have evolved for certain animals to be part of our diet, and other animals are not. It's just the way it is.

You'll notice in most of nature (especially among mammals), predators don't really eat each other. For good reason too. It's more likely to spread disease. We will eat things like cows, chickens or other vegetarian animals. Predatory animals like wolves (dogs), cats are generally not something we eat.

Do you really want to eat a cat who has been out there killing rats, birds, snakes, bats, etc... and picking up god knows what from them?

I think you misunderstood me but I'll give a shot at your post anyway.

The current human diet is not even healthy to start with, neither for us humans or the environment and we are polluting the planet like never before because of the meat industry and we are over consuming meat to unhealthy standards.

With that said, that wasn't the point of my post, I don't judge people based on them eating meat. My whole family eats meat, my ex girlfriend ate meat and I have no close friends who are vegetarians either.

I was talking about those nutcases who spam about how much they love animals, about how we should save every cute animal while spamming about hundreds of bogus petitions while then going on eating their abused plate of animal acting like true hypocrites.

And regarding the predator stuff, that is pure fiction, my friend. Predators eat predators and have done so for all time.

millwad
09-29-2014, 05:03 PM
you can love some animals and still find others appetizing. not sure whats the problem. OP just being dense because not everyone has a soft spot for animals like him.

grow up.

Don't be so butthurt, cutie pie.
If you're not one of those hypocrites who spam about animal rights and about how horrible it is that we eat cute animals and go on daily rants, then you shouldn't be offended. I really hope I didn't hurt your feelings.

millwad
09-29-2014, 05:04 PM
Does this mean if you eat veggies, you hate plants, trees and all forms of flora?

Yes, that is exactly what I meant.
Finally someone who got the message!

millwad
09-29-2014, 05:10 PM
From my experience with "Animal lovers" (the ones who don't eat meat).. they seem to value animal life over human life.

I'd kill an animal every day of the week if I had to, just to survive. Really not what I was trying to discuss in the OP though, wasn't even about animal rights but how simple and ignorant some can be when it comes to what's cute and what's not as cute.

Cali Syndicate
09-29-2014, 05:10 PM
Free-range. I wouldn't consider myself an "animal-lover" but I do believe animals that are raised for consumption should be respected.

YouGotServed
09-29-2014, 05:30 PM
Don't be so butthurt, cutie pie.
If you're not one of those hypocrites who spam about animal rights and about how horrible it is that we eat cute animals and go on daily rants, then you shouldn't be offended. I really hope I didn't hurt your feelings.

did not read

BRB eating chicken pot pie

NumberSix
09-29-2014, 05:42 PM
And regarding the predator stuff, that is pure fiction, my friend.
:facepalm

Cali Syndicate
09-29-2014, 05:47 PM
Unfortunately the cows, chickens and other animal meat we get from the grocery stores are from factory farms, so they're not even real herbivores.

Those animals are fed by chemicals so they can fat and big fast enough to be slaughtered, processed and shipped to our grocery stores in time.

A freshly hunted deer meat is gonna be 10 times more healthier and better than cow meat we get at grocery stores because those deer are eating grass all the time.

Almost all cows, chicken, pigs and even fish we consume are fed corn which is usually accompanied with their own filth. this is one of the main reasons they are also regularly given antibiotics. Some farms also feed their pigs the unused parts of butchered animals.

the use of hormones are also pretty standard on most farms.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-29-2014, 05:49 PM
Yeah, I kind of delude myself into eating meat. Don't think about the animal it came from or the moral in eating something that was once alive.

I have cut a lot of red meat outta my diet, though. Chicken and salmon are necessities for me far as a good tradeoff in staying lean and protein consumption go.

NumberSix
09-29-2014, 06:22 PM
Yeah, I kind of delude myself into eating meat. Don't think about the animal it came from or the moral in eating something that was once alive.

I have cut a lot of red meat outta my diet, though. Chicken and salmon are necessities for me far as a good tradeoff in staying lean and protein consumption go.
When an eagle eats a fish, is the eagle being immoral?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-29-2014, 06:25 PM
When an eagle eats a fish, is the eagle being immoral?
Are you saying you're an eagle?!?

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3348/3415268929_02114e7349_n.jpg

NumberSix
09-29-2014, 06:28 PM
Are you saying you're an eagle?!?

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3348/3415268929_02114e7349_n.jpg
No, serious question. Is it immoral?

btw, Golden Eagles and Harpy Eagles are only a million times cooler than Bald Eagles.

ThePhantomCreep
09-29-2014, 07:07 PM
I have a friend like that. She gave me shit because I ate a meal with rabbit in it. But rabbits are so cute, she said, how could you? She tells me this while eating salmon pasta. That's just idiotic.

Having said that I'm all for animal conservation. If it's on the endangered or vulnerable lists they should be protected.

ThePhantomCreep
09-29-2014, 07:09 PM
Nv

DeuceWallaces
09-29-2014, 07:16 PM
There's nothing unnatural or immoral about both eating and loving animals.

RidonKs
09-29-2014, 07:43 PM
i don't think you've met enough animal lovers. most of the ones i am friends with, whether they eat anything, avoid meat, avoid all animal byproducts altogether.... they tend to know and understand full well exactly everything you said in your thread.

Myth
09-29-2014, 09:12 PM
Nothing provokes me more than these fools.

I have a distant family member who always spam the living crap out of people about how horrible the fur industry is, how people in China are disgusting for eating cats and dogs and all these kinds of petitions on FB to save polar bears and other cute animals.

Couldn't read further than this because of how stupid the OP seems to be. Do you honestly not understand how people can become emotionally attached to certain animals? And even worse, do you really not understand the concept of saving endangered or threatened species (which polar bears are) and how it is easy to justify eating animals that are not close to going endangered versus killing things to extinction?

I couldn't imagine the rest of your post was any better.

millwad
09-29-2014, 09:51 PM
Couldn't read further than this because of how stupid the OP seems to be. Do you honestly not understand how people can become emotionally attached to certain animals? And even worse, do you really not understand the concept of saving endangered or threatened species (which polar bears are) and how it is easy to justify eating animals that are not close to going endangered versus killing things to extinction?

I couldn't imagine the rest of your post was any better.

Don't bother to reply if you won't read it all, it's not about saving endangered animals and as far as I know cats and dogs aren't endangered. It's about going on rants about how cute animals should live and how horrible people who eat "pets" are meanwhile cows, pigs, fish and chickens are getting eaten by the same people on daily basis and they couldn't care less.

Next time, don't be stupid, read the whole post and don't make own assumptions and don't take stuff out of context. It wasn't about saving endangered species.

Quizno
09-30-2014, 12:47 AM

there's definitely an evolutionary element to out diets but what we eat is mostly dependent on our culture. lots of Asian countries eat dogs and bugs and some seafood that most westerners would consider disgusting and unsanitary, for example

ImKobe
09-30-2014, 12:57 AM
there's nothing wrong with being gay and loving animals as well

Jameer, for instance, LOVES meat, but he also loves those cute little furry animals http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/smugfavre.png

Pushxx
09-30-2014, 01:05 AM
It's mainly social conditioning and cultural/regional influence.

Political correctness and feeling better about one's self is another factor.

Swaggin916
09-30-2014, 02:06 AM
As far as I'm concerned, if people are going to spam you with all their stuff, then spam the anti right back at them if it gets you fired up.

But yea people are hypocrites.

Myth
09-30-2014, 11:01 AM
Don't bother to reply if you won't read it all, it's not about saving endangered animals and as far as I know cats and dogs aren't endangered. It's about going on rants about how cute animals should live and how horrible people who eat "pets" are meanwhile cows, pigs, fish and chickens are getting eaten by the same people on daily basis and they couldn't care less.

Next time, don't be stupid, read the whole post and don't make own assumptions and don't take stuff out of context. It wasn't about saving endangered species.

Don't bother to reply if you won't read all of my post then either. You obviously skipped the first line.