PDA

View Full Version : James Harden Admits His Defense Isn't Good, Wants to Improve

Smook A.
09-29-2014, 07:37 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/29/james-harden-admits-he-needs-to-be-better-on-defense-its-a-start-i-guess/

[QUOTE] Jenny Dial Creech @jennydialcreech

James Harden:

MP.Trey
09-29-2014, 07:46 PM
The first step is admittance. :applause:

He looked pretty good defensively at the World Championships this summer in what I saw. Hoping he can put it all together even if I'm not a huge fan of his game at times.

L.Kizzle
09-29-2014, 07:47 PM
Defense to me was the easiest part of the game. Stay in front of your man, deny the ball, stand your ground.

AboutBuckets
09-29-2014, 09:12 PM
Defense to me was the easiest part of the game. Stay in front of your man, deny the ball, stand your ground.

A big part of defense is the having a mental edge to you and 'wanting it'. Comes easily for some, not so easily for others.

poido123
09-29-2014, 09:34 PM
A big part of defense is the having a mental edge to you and 'wanting it'. Comes easily for some, not so easily for others.

Yeah, it's a selflessness and determination to stop your opponent for the team.

That desire come's with putting your team first. I think a lot of these ball hog type players lose focus on defense as they don't get the same glory or recognition from it.

Milbuck
09-29-2014, 09:35 PM
So he knows he sucks **** at defense.....and still sucks **** at defense. So cute :)

Derka
09-29-2014, 09:36 PM
This is about as impactful a statement as Malcolm X admitting he's black were he still alive.

Cocaine80s
09-29-2014, 09:45 PM
MVP this year if Davis/Lebron dont win it

UK2K
09-29-2014, 11:58 PM

Depends. I think passing is the easiest part of the game, but I have a lot more vision and skill passing than I do sliding my feet.

backb0ard
09-30-2014, 01:28 AM
James Harden:

"I'm the best all around player in the world. By the way, my defense sucks".

:rolleyes:

Fiasco
09-30-2014, 04:07 AM
At times?

Bruh.

fiddy
09-30-2014, 04:08 AM
MVP this year if Davis/Lebron dont win it
:roll:

Sakkreth
09-30-2014, 04:13 AM

He looked pretty good defensively at the World Championships this summer in what I saw. Hoping he can put it all together even if I'm not a huge fan of his game at times.
:wtf:

sirkeelma
09-30-2014, 04:21 AM

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353929
:wtf:

Combat Wombat
09-30-2014, 04:23 AM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Jx1dvMWG0gU/VASv1sFN4nI/AAAAAAAAJ5Q/Gri3XV7CUB0/s1600/harden.gif

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--4eBDxSA8--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/emfe6c6x1alujnwzgdo4.png

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistinctTatteredIchneumonfly.gif

:biggums:

Cold soul
09-30-2014, 04:29 AM
Well at least now Harden admits it, he knows his major weakness is defense and wants to improve on it. There's no need to hate on that, I wish him luck.

QuebecBaller
09-30-2014, 04:33 AM
He just have to try a little and it would be a huge improvement

AirFederer
09-30-2014, 05:08 AM
Worst NBA defender ever?

Has there ever been a player with a bigger margin between capability on D/O?

MP.Trey
09-30-2014, 05:49 AM
To people ripping me for saying his defense was pretty good @ the WC. I thought he played the lanes well and showed flashes of good to very good defensive effort. Especially at the beginning of games. It's Harden we're talking about and his standards are lower than most, of course he still had lapses of focus like he always does but I felt it was toned down in comparison and overall encouraging.

JonatanRey
09-30-2014, 06:32 AM
To people ripping me for saying his defense was pretty good @ the WC. I thought he played the lanes well and showed flashes of good to very good defensive effort. Especially at the beginning of games. It's Harden we're talking about and his standards are lower than most, of course he still had lapses of focus like he always does but I felt it was toned down in comparison and overall encouraging.

Thats true. First of all, some of his videos have become viral. That just makes you think that situation happens every game. It doesnt. I have to recognise he has become a worst defender in Houston than he was in OKC. I mean, its an attitude. Its not like Bargnani, who cant do it despite trying. Harden doesnt defend well because doesnt want to. He has proved his defensive abilities in the past, especially in OKC. He cant be elite, but he can be very good defender. Awareness is the first step.