PDA

View Full Version : Have the Rockets peaked?

Kidbasketball20
09-30-2014, 09:03 PM
Zach Lowe think so. Fantastic article.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-windows-houston-rockets-james-harden-dwight-howard/

Cocaine80s
09-30-2014, 09:05 PM
No but Jeremy Lin has :roll:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-30-2014, 09:25 PM
Ive been sayin that..........nikkas are gon be surprised when they really struggle and prolly wont make the playoffs this year. They lost too many pieces even tho none of them were great players they add up. Specially Parsons who was awesome last year

Kidbasketball20
09-30-2014, 09:39 PM
Ive been sayin that..........nikkas are gon be surprised when they really struggle and prolly wont make the playoffs this year. They lost too many pieces even tho none of them were great players they add up. Specially Parsons who was awesome last year

Losing Parsons, Lin, Asik for a veteran average SF. :facepalm

YouGotServed
09-30-2014, 09:43 PM
Asik literally did not play the whole season how is losing him a negative? lmao

Houston will only get better as harden and ariza get better.

pnyozzzoo
09-30-2014, 09:43 PM
Lol, just imagine Who Harden's gonna pass the ball to when he dribbles the air of it and 3 seconds left on the clock. Ariza and Beverly to create a shot for themselves lol. And this situation comes up often in Houston's iso half court system.:roll:

HOoopCityJones
09-30-2014, 09:44 PM
He should make one for the Clippers next.

hawkfan
09-30-2014, 10:52 PM
They have expirers and draft picks to send to Boston in a potential deal for Rajan Rondo, so they can still get better this year.

oh the horror
09-30-2014, 10:53 PM

I keep telling people they lost too much and didn't gain back enough. They're going to have a somewhat tough time in the west.

I<3NBA
09-30-2014, 10:57 PM
peaked? they're in free fall right now.

SwishSquared
09-30-2014, 10:59 PM
I think they can certainly get better through FA. This season, they likely won't be as good (unless they struck gold with some of the guys they brought on short-term deals this summer) and may struggle to lock up a playoff spot.

I mean, next summer, signing Millsap and a trade (using Lin TPE) for an upgrade @ PG, with careful use of cap space/exceptions/pick(s) could improve the team, right? I don't think it's all doom/gloom in Houston for next couple years, but Morey will need to nail next summer to position this team for the future. Although a change at HC could certainly mix things up a bit...

Le Shaqtus
09-30-2014, 11:28 PM
Asik literally did not play the whole season how is losing him a negative? lmao

Houston will only get better as harden and ariza get better.

If Harden even plays even a little close to his regular season self they'll be fine in the playoffs, but this team rests on him not shitting the bed every post season, Howard can't do it by himself.

AnaheimLakers24
09-30-2014, 11:43 PM
they still have that Jones guy but hes undersized so who knows how he'll play out

Kidbasketball20
10-01-2014, 12:33 AM
they still have that Jones guy but hes undersized so who knows how he'll play out

ISH has a terrible poster who stans T-Jones sooo much. He got destroyed in the playoffs. :applause:

Smook A.
10-01-2014, 12:41 AM
ISH has a terrible poster who stans T-Jones sooo much. He got destroyed in the playoffs. :applause:
Give him some slack. It was his 2nd season as a pro and 1st as a starter...

RRR3
10-01-2014, 12:51 AM
I like Harden and hope he wrecks this year. Tired of millbuck spamming his irrational harden hatred. No different than Kobe or LeBron hating.

Smook A.
10-01-2014, 12:56 AM
I like Harden and hope he wrecks this year. Tired of millbuck spamming his irrational harden hatred. No different than Kobe or LeBron hating.
QFT and repped

Kidbasketball20
10-01-2014, 12:59 AM
QFT and repped

Kobe and LeBron PLAY DEFENSE.

The Hate on Harden is justified.

RRR3
10-01-2014, 01:01 AM
Kobe and LeBron PLAY DEFENSE.

The Hate on Harden is justified.
Kobe doesn't play defense anymore and LeBron didn't play defense last year :confusedshrug:

Kidbasketball20
10-01-2014, 01:02 AM
Kobe doesn't play defense anymore and LeBron didn't play defense last year :confusedshrug:

Harden has at least 3 plays a game where he gives up an easy shot or layup. He is the worst starting SG in the league. Imagine him with a PG who isn't an incredible energy defensive presence like Bev or Lin.

RRR3
10-01-2014, 01:04 AM
Harden has at least 3 plays a game where he gives up an easy shot or layup. He is the worst starting SG in the league. Imagine him with a PG who isn't an incredible energy defensive presence like Bev or Lin.
No he's the best starting SG in the league up you idiot

Cocaine80s
10-01-2014, 01:05 AM
Lin? The same guy that forced his coach to have Parsons guard the opponents PG when he was on the court?

pnyozzzoo
10-01-2014, 01:09 AM
Rofl, Now we comparing Harden to Kobe and Lebron,I hope no one but rockets fans are that delusional. Harden is lazy and overrated one trick pony offensive player, He'd be lucky to get past first round even with Howard. Watch the season goes on and his talking defensive effort shrinks. Dude was playing on team usa against other team worse than average nba team and he brings his D and his leadership talk. When facing similar competition he shits his bed. Rockets are doom next year on Dwight will be free agent again, cannot wait for him to get away from that loser.

Smook A.
10-01-2014, 01:09 AM
Defensively he is.

He'd be best suited as a 6th man.
Name another 6th man who could average 25/6/5 as a starter

RRR3
10-01-2014, 01:10 AM
Defensively he is.

He'd be best suited as a 6th man.
He's far and away the best offensive SG, which is what is prioritized more for the position anyways.

Kidbasketball20
10-01-2014, 01:11 AM

He's more like a 12/6/5 player because he gives up so many points because of his lack of D.

RRR3
10-01-2014, 01:11 AM
He's more like a 12/6/5 player because he gives up so many points because of his lack of D.
12/6/5 is still better than Lin.

pnyozzzoo
10-01-2014, 01:13 AM
Lin? The same guy that forced his coach to have Parsons guard the opponents PG when he was on the court?
Rofl rockets dummy, forgetting so soon, Mcfail is a dumb moron to never trust Lin, and Parson is a miss assignment called by your BELOVED Defensive moron James Haren.

Lin held Lillard scoreless 4th quarter oh wait Liliard score 3 point last second. Rockets lol:roll: .

Smook A.
10-01-2014, 01:18 AM
Dude your boy Lin would average something like 6/4/2 if you took away the points he gave up from his ppg from last season.

12/6/5 is still better than Lin.
:applause:

pnyozzzoo
10-01-2014, 01:23 AM
Manu at his age on Rockets with Harden's usage, people act like Harden is this offensive Genius, he is no KD he is a one trick pony chucking 3 and bumping into people for fouls, free throw shooting makes his shooting percentage looks good. He had game like 3/11 and score 25 point some how you see that taking 11 shots to score 25 points is effective. In reality He probably used 30+ possessions iso and pad his stat. He is a chucker and free throw hides it during the regular season. Playoff he shits the bed.

TBH, last year playoff, if rockets had manu, clay, hell monta, even arron afflalo they'd go past first round, that's how bad he is as a first option.

RRR3
10-01-2014, 01:26 AM
Because Klay Thompson can create like Harden can :rolleyes:

Kidbasketball20
10-01-2014, 05:26 PM
Dude your boy Lin would average something like 6/4/2 if you took away the points he gave up from his ppg from last season.

You are legitimately stupid. :no: Lin is an above average perimeter D player in the league. :facepalm :facepalm

You have sipped ALL the kool aid that the Houston Media/coaching staff used to spin that Bev was SO MUCH better at defense than Lin.

When in reality, they both play very good defense.

Smook A.
10-01-2014, 05:45 PM
You are legitimately stupid. :no: Lin is an above average perimeter D player in the league. :facepalm :facepalm

You have sipped ALL the kool aid that the Houston Media/coaching staff used to spin that Bev was SO MUCH better at defense than Lin.

When in reality, they both play very good defense.
Did you watch any Rockets games last season? He was at best an average defender. The biggest reason why Beverley started over Lin was because of his defense. Think about it you moron.

Mr Exlax
10-01-2014, 07:53 PM
I don't think we've peaked. Harden isn't in his prime, Dwight is still getting healthier and McFail just has next season and he's gone!!! We have some contracts we can trade for a package for Rondo this season. This season will be a down one I guess, but then we'll be right back close to the top.

Kidbasketball20
10-01-2014, 11:46 PM
I don't think we've peaked. Harden isn't in his prime, Dwight is still getting healthier and McFail just has next season and he's gone!!! We have some contracts we can trade for a package for Rondo this season. This season will be a down one I guess, but then we'll be right back close to the top.

What pieces do they have for Rondo??

Lin, Asik, and Parsons are all gone :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

T Jones is trash

Smook A.
10-01-2014, 11:52 PM
What pieces do they have for Rondo??

Lin, Asik, and Parsons are all gone :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

T Jones is trash
Explain why you think that

Kidbasketball20
10-02-2014, 12:03 AM
Explain why you think that

Have you seen him against top PF's? :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm He's a disaster

Smook A.
10-02-2014, 12:15 AM
Have you seen him against top PF's? :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm He's a disaster
Great reason :applause:. You really went deep with your point! Nice job! ... Lol gimme a break. You pick on him but I bet you don't even realize he was just in his 2nd season as a pro and not to mention it was his 1st year as a starter. He was 21 years old when the season began so he's still learning and getting better. Last season, Terrence Jones averaged 12 ppg/7 rpg/1.3 bpg on 54% shooting. That's pretty good for a player who was so young and was selected 18th in the 2012 NBA draft... What more do you expect out of a guy like that? Next season he'll start off the year as a more improved player.

Kidbasketball20
10-02-2014, 12:58 AM
Great reason :applause:. You really went deep with your point! Nice job! ... Lol gimme a break. You pick on him but I bet you don't even realize he was just in his 2nd season as a pro and not to mention it was his 1st year as a starter. He was 21 years old when the season began so he's still learning and getting better. Last season, Terrence Jones averaged 12 ppg/7 rpg/1.3 bpg on 54% shooting. That's pretty good for a player who was so young and was selected 18th in the 2012 NBA draft... What more do you expect out of a guy like that? Next season he'll start off the year as a more improved player.

And yet you hate Lin so much :facepalm :facepalm

Jones was dismantled by Aldridge in the playoffs and any very good PF he faced late in the season.

Smook A.
10-02-2014, 01:15 AM
And yet you hate Lin so much :facepalm :facepalm

Jones was dismantled by Aldridge in the playoffs and any very good PF he faced late in the season.
I don't hate Lin :oldlol:

I just don't like it when moronic fans like you overrate the crap out of him. I've made fun of him at times for turning the ball over too much, or air balling a wide open 3... but I still don't necessarily hate him. Hate is a strong word. I've had mixed feelings about him in the time he was a Rocket. I've liked him and disliked him. Right now since he's a Laker I don't like, dislike, love, or hate him but I wish him success.

UK2K
10-02-2014, 03:17 AM
This season, we will have:

Beverley as a second year starter.
Harden as a third year starter.
Ariza's shooting and defense to replace Parsons.
Jones as a second year starter.
Dwight as a second year Rocket.

You're right, how could they get any better?

Milbuck
10-02-2014, 03:24 AM
This season, we will have:
Less than what you had last season.

Beverley as a second year starter.
This would be great if he didn't suck ass.

Harden as a third year starter.Another year, another playoff collapse. Maybe he'll give a shit this year!

Ariza's shooting and defense to replace Parsons.Yeah, Ariza is known for his monster post-contract year seasons. Should be prime T-Mac level, at least.

Jones as a second year starter.Word has it he's still sobbing in the shower after getting raped by Aldridge.

Dwight as a second year Rocket.Gonna be 29 later this year. If there's one thing we know with 100% certainty, it's that big men who rely heavily on athleticism improve into their late 30s, right?

el gringos
10-02-2014, 03:36 AM
JR will go over 20/5/5 this year

I would love to see harden play pg so I can see how someone could think he'd be best as a 6th man (which in more than a few cases, even a majority of good teams) is a usually way better than the 6th most important role. It's just so important to have a guy come in that can take over and do most of it with the ball.

People get way too high on their definition of positions, and I know d is the problem, but I want to see him w the ball in his hands even more. F making him the 6th man, give him the go as the PG. Instead of playing him w a Beverly(just as a starter, begerly still a good fit and he'd be the backup pg and play w harden as well) you start an Iman Shumpert type.

Harden is one of the best players in the game. His effort D should embarrass him. Physical and mental laziness

coin24
10-02-2014, 04:08 AM
Peaked? Lol the rockets suck. Probably won't even make the playoffs next season. There "superstars" are scrubs:lol

UK2K
10-02-2014, 04:38 AM
Less than what you had last season.
Less Lin = more win

This would be great if he didn't suck ass.
Cause no first year starter ever improves in his second year. Fact.

Another year, another playoff collapse. Maybe he'll give a shit this year! Maybe, maybe not. Who knows, but nobody ever improves. This has been established in the line above.

Yeah, Ariza is known for his monster post-contract year seasons. Should be prime T-Mac level, at least. And Lebron was known as a choker, until he didn't choke anymore.

Word has it he's still sobbing in the shower after getting raped by Aldridge. How embarrassing it must have been, for a second year player to get beaten down by an all-star. The SHAME!! BOO THIS MAN!! /sarcasm. Since he can't improve in his second year as a starter (because from above, we know nobody improves), he is doomed for his career. May as well cut him now.

Gonna be 29 later this year. If there's one thing we know with 100% certainty, it's that big men who rely heavily on athleticism improve into their late 30s, right?
We know chemistry takes time to develop, and we know that injuries take time to heal. His per 36 scoring was higher last season than all but two seasons in Orlando, and his per 36 scoring, and his FG% was higher last year than his last season in Orlando, so he continues to improve. Oh, and when does 29 = late 30's?

Once again, you don't post anything useful, just mindless babble. It's okay, it gives you meaning in life, I understand. The Bucks are good.

backb0ard
10-02-2014, 07:35 AM
Rockets better hope it all falls into place this season because that's all the window they have for winning.

Ariza will play worse. He was the last offensive option in the starting lineup with the Wiz last year. This year, in the Rockets with Beverley and Jones, he will be the third option, and the defense will adjust to that. Unless he miraculously learns to create his own shot, his numbers will inevitably drop.

If they miss the playoffs, expect Dwight to get traded.

Good thing they still have Mchale as coach.