PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo: I'm the most underrated superstar

Kidbasketball20
10-01-2014, 07:31 PM
"I'm the most underrated superstar that's out there," Anthony told ESPN's Chris Broussard.

"I know what I'm capable of doing. I know the grind and the hard work I put in to this," Anthony said. "So as far as caring about if I'm underrated as a superstar, and getting the respect I deserve, I don't worry about that."

"These (analysts) are all people that maybe never accomplish anything. That just sit back and write articles all day long about what they see. They're kind of living through us out there on the basketball court."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/11624895/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-says-most-underrated-star-player

:applause: :applause: :applause:

AnaheimLakers24
10-01-2014, 07:32 PM
You're not underrated if you're a superstar

Ca$H
10-01-2014, 07:33 PM
"I'm the most underrated superstar that's out there," Anthony told ESPN's Chris Broussard.

"I know what I'm capable of doing. I know the grind and the hard work I put in to this," Anthony said. "So as far as caring about if I'm underrated as a superstar, and getting the respect I deserve, I don't worry about that."

"These (analysts) are all people that maybe never accomplish anything. That just sit back and write articles all day long about what they see. They're kind of living through us out there on the basketball court."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/11624895/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-says-most-underrated-star-player

Salty, butthurt, and insecure af.

dazzer87
10-01-2014, 07:33 PM
underrated probably the most overrated player ever.

Akrazotile
10-01-2014, 07:37 PM
:applause: Absolutely agree with Anthony, he is by far the league's most undeserving superstar. I'm proud and impressed he came out and admitted it.

outbreak
10-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Makes no sense to me. If melo is labelled a superstar i'd actually say he is being over rated more than under rated if anything. If people had him listed not as a super star but as a regular star maybe he'd have a case.

SpecialQue
10-01-2014, 07:44 PM

They're getting paid to take potshots at your joke of a career, Melo. That they're getting paid to talk shit about it is more impressive than what you bring to the court.

Legends66NBA7
10-01-2014, 07:47 PM
How can you be underrated as a superstar ? What exactly about Melo's career and as a player is underrated ?

He's mostly known as a scorer and the majority recognize that. So, what am I missing that's underrated ?

fpliii
10-01-2014, 07:57 PM
:facepalm

bluechox2
10-01-2014, 08:03 PM
he means, that among all the labeled superstars, hes considered last amongst them all in the eyes of media/writers

Collie
10-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Career highlights and awards

SouBeachTalents
10-01-2014, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=Collie]Career highlights and awards

Mr Exlax
10-01-2014, 08:13 PM
I hate Melo, but he is either extremely overrated or extremely underrated.

Collie
10-01-2014, 08:21 PM
No MVP's, Finals MVP's, rings, All-NBA First Teams, All-Defensive Teams? Not a "superstar" resume

Yep.

Milbuck
10-01-2014, 08:23 PM
:applause: Absolutely agree with Anthony, he is by far the league's most undeserving superstar. I'm proud and impressed he came out and admitted it.
And thank you, for finally giving Melo his props and admitting he's a superstar.

JT123
10-01-2014, 08:27 PM
So am I missing something or did he basically call Broussard a loser right to his face? :lol
Calling out the media is NOT smart, especially when you don't have any rings. Now the media are just going to crucify him even more for his shortcomings this season.

ILLsmak
10-02-2014, 01:01 AM
No MVP's, Finals MVP's, rings, All-NBA First Teams, All-Defensive Teams? Not a "superstar" resume

It's close. Not all superstars win rings. Would be nice to have some all-nba 1sts tho...

I think he can still win a ring. I think it's v possible. If he does, yall gon b salty.

He's pretty underrated because there are only like 5 dudes in the NBA that are legit stars and he's one of them. People who say he can't be the best player on a championship team are shitting themselves.

-Smak

Smoke117
10-02-2014, 01:02 AM
:rolleyes: Fcuk Carmelo. I have never liked this fool. I guess I could be classified as a "hater" when it comes to him. shrug

Real14
10-02-2014, 01:05 AM
Melo's right. I called it weeks ago in this thread link below..

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353144

hawksdogsbraves
10-02-2014, 01:10 AM
It's close. Not all superstars win rings. Would be nice to have some all-nba 1sts tho...

I think he can still win a ring. I think it's v possible. If he does, yall gon b salty.

He's pretty underrated because there are only like 5 dudes in the NBA that are legit stars and he's one of them. People who say he can't be the best player on a championship team are shitting themselves.

-Smak

Why? What has he ever done in his career to make you think he can be the best player on a championship team?

He couldn't even make the playoffs in one of the weakest seasons by a conference we've seen in the past 20 years.

Real14
10-02-2014, 01:12 AM
:rolleyes: Fcuk Carmelo. I have never liked this fool. I guess I could be classified as a "hater" when it comes to him. shrug
:coleman:

Real14
10-02-2014, 01:14 AM
Why? What has he ever done in his career to make you think he can be the best player on a championship team?

He couldn't even make the playoffs in one of the weakest seasons by a conference we've seen in the past 20 years.
Melo made it further than the hawks did in the hawks' past 50 years.

el gringos
10-02-2014, 02:12 AM
He is. For a lot of different reasons. Some justified, most just from a lack of understanding the game from fans to the media and sometimes beyond

-refereed horribly. Prob the most unfairly officiated player since Shaquille

-low ball iq of majority of fans. Stats, speed, jumping high. That's what anyone can see. Pressure put on defenses, inside out game, footwork- nobody expects most to see these things

-biggest reason. Coaching. (Don't laugh, I know it's the nba). George Karl never had his back and that is relayed to officials. If the coach doesn't have his guys back the refs never will. So you go from spitefull (Karl) to dumb and no respect themselves (Woodson/d'antoni). This makes a huge difference. Refs don't want to call as many fouls as are happening and if nobody is trying to make them they won't.

There are going to be so many hurt feelings and bitterness around here this season because of Carmelo, jr, and bargnani. A lot of people are going to be pretty uncomfortable watching how perfect the triangle is for them.

Cold soul
10-02-2014, 02:27 AM
[QUOTE=Collie]Career highlights and awards

Real14
10-02-2014, 02:30 AM
No doubt it. Melo does get somewhat underrated time to time.
He gets more underrated simply because he's on the knicks.

Cold soul
10-02-2014, 02:34 AM
He gets more underrated simply because he's on the knicks.

Yes, and his lack of playoffs success since Denver hurts too. I think back in 08 or 09 I seem to remember Melo made WCF once against the Lakers. It was such a great battle seeing Kobe vs. Melo going back at it. I might need to rematch that series.

KyleKong
10-02-2014, 02:34 AM

To be fair on the All-NBA Team selections, he is competing against Durant and LeBron. Those two will always be locks for 1st team.

Real14
10-02-2014, 02:38 AM
Yes, and his lack of playoffs success since Denver hurts too. I think back in 08 or 09 I seem to remember Melo made WCF once against the Lakers. It was such a great battle seeing Kobe vs. Melo going back at it. I might need to rematch that series.
yea meanwhile chris paul gets overrated which is a damn crime for sure.

tpols
10-02-2014, 02:38 AM
it sucks melo's on such a shit team tbh..

Real14
10-02-2014, 02:40 AM
it sucks melo's on such a shit team tbh..
You act like the lakers are locked for top 5 in the west or something:coleman:

tpols
10-02-2014, 02:41 AM
You act like the lakers are locked for top 5 in the west or something:coleman:
melo on so many tems could showcase so much more.. imagine him on the bulls, or love-kyrie-melo, or him on the mavs instead of monta, or on the grizzlies or clippers.. hes stuck in no mans land but he wanted the money and NY fame(which no one cares about because knicks dont contend at all)

Cold soul
10-02-2014, 02:42 AM
yea meanwhile chris paul gets overrated which is a damn crime for sure.

Yup. CP3 only been past second round once his entire career yet nobody talks about it or brings it up. The double standard effect.

Real14
10-02-2014, 02:48 AM
melo on so many tems could showcase so much more.. imagine him on the bulls, or love-kyrie-melo, or him on the mavs instead of monta, or on the grizzlies or clippers.. hes stuck in no mans land but he wanted the money and NY fame(which no one cares about because knicks dont contend at all)

Knicks were unhealthy last year man. We just have to see this this year plus with new coaching staff and president, the knicks might bring 2013 back. Don't be surprised.

Real14
10-02-2014, 02:50 AM
Yup. CP3 only been past second round once his entire career yet nobody talks about it or brings it up. The double standard effect.
yea it sure is, I wonder whats his excuse for next summer.

el gringos
10-02-2014, 02:58 AM
To be fair on the All-NBA Team selections, he is competing against Durant and LeBron. Those two will always be locks for 1st team.
And had Duncan, Dirk, and kg for the 1st half of career

ILLsmak
10-02-2014, 06:02 AM

Well a couple things.

One being he is good enough that if he wasn't the best player on the championship team, the team would be all-time stacked. It's much more likely that he had a team of good players + him. He can lead a team as a scorer, so why can't he be the best player?

He missed the playoffs in the east... that sucks. However, that was the first time it had ever happened. NY has been bad lately, talent wise. No direction, either.

Also, I believe in things like "it"... where dudes just have some intangible ability, and I think Melo has it. I know you remember him putting it on Bron many times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_MY0qUt5CM I remember that live... sure that's one shot but that's all day, effortless. Dude is a monster. People just love to hate. They said the same shit about Dirk before he won, even tho he got an MVP. "LOL MVP BUT GOT BEAT IN FIRST ROUND. CAN'T BE BEST PLAYER ON A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM." But he was...

The sad thing is that if it ever happens, dudes will just ignore it or act like they didn't say it. Or even say something like "Well, up until that point."

If we're talking about guys who can get you 30 and you can win a ring with, he's on a very short list. Of those people, he is the most underrated. What he said was true.

Time will tell if he can get a ring though. Chances don't seem good, but I still don't see why that makes it so that hypothetical Melo can't win a ring on any team that he is the best player on. You could throw Melo on a lot of teams and he would be the best player on a lot of them. They would also be contenders.

Melo on the Bulls would have been the best player, even.

-Smak

Lebronxrings
10-02-2014, 06:19 AM
how da fcuk is he overrated? Everyone puts him in their top 5 list, some even top 3. He didn't do jack squat in his career even with a stacked denver team. He always gets passes because its apparently his teamates fault. Its funny cause the hawks made the playoffs with al horford injured, but melo can't win with a healthy knick squad. Doesn't matter though, the media and everyone will overrate him as usual.