PDA

View Full Version : Tom Thibodeau explains the myth: "Running players into the Ground"

poido123
10-02-2014, 11:02 AM
Here's the link.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/30202575-579/thibodeau-criticized-for-running-bulls-into-ground-remains-defiant.html#.VC1nBCiy4eV

Looks like more of the same :lol

coin24
10-02-2014, 11:05 AM
Bulls will be running there standard DLeague lineup due to injuries by all star break:lol

Haymaker
10-02-2014, 11:07 AM
Stubborn mofo. :applause:

juju151111
10-02-2014, 11:15 AM
Stubborn mofo. :applause:
He right through. Stars use to get run to the ground with 38-40 mins a game. Only the last 2-3 years this is a problem. Through I guess you have to make sure that certain player can handle it.

lilteapot
10-02-2014, 11:33 AM
How's it a myth when it's exactly what he does?

swagga
10-02-2014, 11:36 AM
given the bulls roster this is just lol worthy. :lol

melo knew he wouldn't win a ring with this team so he considered that at least he'll get to walk properly when he hits 40 :roll:

Harison
10-02-2014, 11:53 AM
Myth? What myth? :confusedshrug:

I thought Thibs have learned the lesson, I guess not.

Milbuck
10-02-2014, 12:22 PM
This might be his only clear weakness as a coach...but it's pretty damn significant.

We can talk about context, specifically how the Bulls' depth has been killed by injuries, and he's been forced to play his quality players huge minutes..but there is absolutely zero excuse for guys like Hinrich and Dunleavy 30+ mpg, Rose and Noah 36+ mpg, and Butler 39+ with the depth they have now.

Honestly, if the Bulls are 100% or close to 100% healthy (including Rose) and lose to any team besides Cleveland in the playoffs...and it's because Thibs played old guys like Hinrich/Dunleavy huge minutes and let potentially valuable younger guys rot on the bench like Mirotic/McDermott/Snell/Moore/Brooks...he might be looking for new employment, whether it's deserved or not. He's a brilliant, brilliant coach. But he's just way too set in his ways, way too stubborn at times. He's like the Kobe of coaches minus the rape, narcissism, and borderline sociopathy.

JohnMax
10-02-2014, 12:26 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/950318/Thibsmeme.jpg

sundizz
10-02-2014, 07:57 PM
But honestly...is even playing 48 mpg that big of a deal? It is literally just 48 minutes total of actual hoops. With the amount of time outs, free throws, etc there is plenty of rest time. The real question is whether his practices are strategy walk through or some sort of full speed conditioning. I dont see why anyone under 35 couldnt handle it. I see 30 to 35 year olds play hoops 2 hours a day almost everyday at my local park. Nba players should be able to handle that for the money they are paid. Its more the fault of the players for not knowing their own body. Trying to explode past what.they.are.capable.of.leads to.injury. gotta learn when to.use a.pump fake.

Real14
10-02-2014, 08:04 PM
Bulls will be running there standard DLeague lineup due to injuries by all star break:lol
funny but true:oldlol:

Kaspah
10-02-2014, 08:07 PM
Y'all so stupid bitching about minutes among nba players

These dudes live eat and breathe basketball, they aren't interested in sitting on the bench. You can play ball every day.

Nba players are super athletes with the best of the best recovery systems in place that are utilized most likely every day during the season.

Sound like a bunch of pansies crying about too many minutes. If you're good, thibs plays you. Players don't bitch.

LONGTIME
10-02-2014, 08:09 PM
This might be his only clear weakness as a coach...but it's pretty damn significant.

We can talk about context, specifically how the Bulls' depth has been killed by injuries, and he's been forced to play his quality players huge minutes..but there is absolutely zero excuse for guys like Hinrich and Dunleavy 30+ mpg, Rose and Noah 36+ mpg, and Butler 39+ with the depth they have now.

Honestly, if the Bulls are 100% or close to 100% healthy (including Rose) and lose to any team besides Cleveland in the playoffs...and it's because Thibs played old guys like Hinrich/Dunleavy huge minutes and let potentially valuable younger guys rot on the bench like Mirotic/McDermott/Snell/Moore/Brooks...he might be looking for new employment, whether it's deserved or not. He's a brilliant, brilliant coach. But he's just way too set in his ways, way too stubborn at times. He's like the Kobe of coaches minus the rape, narcissism, and borderline sociopathy.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1199271/scottt.gif