PDA

View Full Version : Kobe looking good in his first scrimmage

ImKobe
10-02-2014, 02:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdZ48zOZVV0

that pass to Nash http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/whoa.png

nice dunk at the end too

lakerspng
10-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Both Kobe and Nash look great so far. I know it's probably the easy call to say you don't know what to expect from Kobe because of him coming back from injury, but I think people are going to be surprised how much impact he's going to have. People forget what a healthy Kobe can do.

I'm excited for the season to begin. Was really hard watching last year knowing that we weren't even close to competitive most games.

Haymaker
10-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Not bad, but he must be realizing that his 6th ring is a snowball's chance in hell. What a shitty team Buss has surrounded him with.

JohnMax
10-02-2014, 02:33 PM
had to mute the awful music

Jlamb47
10-02-2014, 02:37 PM
Lakers defense is gonna be a huge problem

Nash and boozer cant play D and Kobe is getting oldr

lakerspng
10-02-2014, 02:41 PM
Lakers defense is gonna be a huge problem

Nash and boozer cant play D and Kobe is getting oldr

I agree. Hopefully Davis, Wes Johnson, Jordan Hill, Lin and some of the younger guys can give some effort on D. Kobe will be ok defensively, Nash and Boozer I really expect nothing from, so anything's a bonus.

Offensively the Lakers are going to put up points... If they can hold opponents PPG to under 98-99 (just decent not great or elite) I think they can have a real shot at making the playoffs.

Cold soul
10-02-2014, 02:47 PM
I agree. Hopefully Davis, Wes Johnson, Jordan Hill, Lin and some of the younger guys can give some effort on D. Kobe will be ok defensively, Nash and Boozer I really expect nothing from, so anything's a bonus.

Offensively the Lakers are going to put up points... If they can hold opponents PPG to under 98-99 (just decent not great or elite) I think they can have a real shot at making the playoffs.

Yeah the playoffs are possible with this group it will come down to health and how the younger guys step up.

ImKobe
10-02-2014, 02:48 PM

I think about half of the games this season will be decided in the last 5 mins

We will often be down big early or blow big leads in the 3rd quarter as usual

I'm actually expecting us to be as successful as the 2012 Lakers (if no big injuries), being a Playoff team but not really a contender, just a team that can pull wins out of their asses in clutch situations.

ImKobe
10-02-2014, 02:49 PM
The moment Kobe back-peddled and almost collided with Steve Nash.. I cringed a little I must admit.. with this dude (and Nash), it doesn't take much for them to get another set-back.

What's with the negativity bro?

Jlamb47
10-02-2014, 02:52 PM

I think so as well...they just need to outscore there opponents.
kobe Lin Nash Boozer Young Johnson can all score

lakerspng
10-02-2014, 02:52 PM
I think about half of the games this season will be decided in the last 5 mins

We will often be down big early or blow big leads in the 3rd quarter as usual

I'm actually expecting us to be as successful as the 2012 Lakers (if no big injuries), being a Playoff team but not really a contender, just a team that can pull wins out of their asses in clutch situations.

I do expect them to be in most games down the stretch and I trust our vets to get it done in those situations.

As long as we get to the playoffs, we have a shot to do something.

ImKobe
10-02-2014, 02:54 PM
I do expect them to be in most games down the stretch and I trust our vets to get it done in those situations.

As long as we get to the playoffs, we have a shot to do something.

I think at the very least, this team will be exciting to watch. Kobe in the 4th quarter :bowdown: with the game on the line

ArbitraryWater
10-02-2014, 02:55 PM
Lmfao at Kobe's and-one.. Even in scrimmage he gets those touch calls :lol

HylianNightmare
10-02-2014, 03:01 PM
Look good

ImKobe
10-02-2014, 03:03 PM
If you recall their first year together, Nash got injured from collding with Kobe during their (4th I believe?) pre-season game.

I'm just speaking from a fans perspective.. would like to see both finally stay healthy.

no, he got injured vs Portland, Lillard accidentally colldied with him and broke his leg by kicking it...2nd game of the season :facepalm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTj01vox93Q

god that season...

and if you watched the video, he keeps trying to play after breaking it, dribbling and pivoting off it and shit, he probably made it 10x worse right there...

Optimus Prime
10-02-2014, 03:13 PM
He's essentially had a year and a half break from professional basketball. His body should be rested and rejuvenated. Unfortunately, Father Time is still undefeated. Hopefully Kobe can fight him off a bit longer with his GOAT work ethic.

:kobe:

Anyway, I'm not expecting much out of this year. It should be entertaining, and if the Lakers end up being competitive, I will consider that a bonus.

ralph_i_el
10-02-2014, 03:14 PM

Kobe is going to suck on D.
Lakers will be really bad
It is known

Quizno
10-02-2014, 03:16 PM
kobe actually does look really good

RRR3
10-02-2014, 03:23 PM
I'm pretty skeptical of Nash having much left.

Bean, OTOH, was still a stud in his last full season. However, even Kobe can't stay great forever. Hopefully he goes back to chucking this year, much more fun to watch than "teamplayerBe" :lol

I wish injuries wouldn't have happened though, as a "fair and relatively objective" Kobe hater, I don't want injuries to be the reason he does poorly. I feel like I am beginning to appreciate bean more these days though, maybe I won't even be a hater anymore

ImKobe
10-02-2014, 03:28 PM
I'm pretty skeptical of Nash having much left.

Bean, OTOH, was still a stud in his last full season. However, even Kobe can't stay great forever. Hopefully he goes back to chucking this year, much more fun to watch than "teamplayerBe" :lol

I wish injuries wouldn't have happened though, as a "fair and relatively objective" Kobe hater, I don't want injuries to be the reason he does poorly. I feel like I am beginning to appreciate bean more these days though, maybe I won't even be a hater anymore

Dude only has a couple years left man, drop the hate and appreciate what he has left to give...you'll miss him when he hangs em up.

RRR3
10-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Dude only has a couple years left man, drop the hate and appreciate what he has left to give...you'll miss him when he hangs em up.
I don't literally hate him. He's still a human being after all.
I acknowledge he's one of the best to ever lace em up

Still always begrudged Kobe for getting more attention than TMac and once I Became a LeBron fan, had to deal with all the kobe vs bron nonsense.

He looked excellent in the post in that video :applause:

Like I said in another thread, I recently watched one of Kobe's legendary games; trying to appreciate him more.

Yeah of course ill miss him. He's always been there since I've followed the NBA (casually until 2011, though). Won't be the same without him, everyone can agree on that I hope.

Myth
10-02-2014, 03:32 PM
OMFG! They made every shot that wasn't blocked or fouled on! CHAMPIONSHIP!

ImKobe
10-02-2014, 03:33 PM
OMFG! They made every shot that wasn't blocked or fouled on! CHAMPIONSHIP!

http://i.imgur.com/Qh8qGra.png

SpecialQue
10-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Kobe always looks good. He's always been a fine specimen.

Milbuck
10-02-2014, 05:06 PM
Lmfao at Kobe's and-one.. Even in scrimmage he gets those touch calls :lol
You never miss a chance.

ArbitraryWater
10-02-2014, 05:09 PM
You never miss a chance.

:roll:

Forreal though, Kobe's fade looked good.. Although I really don't know how much value you can give these Scrimmages, and considering they only showing makes..

And in all honestly, you need to appreciate these last few years of an ATG.

Real14
10-02-2014, 05:17 PM
Lakers might have a chance to be better than the pelicans if Kobe still have it.

Milbuck
10-02-2014, 05:22 PM
:roll:

Forreal though, Kobe's fade looked good.. Although I really don't know how much value you can give these Scrimmages, and considering they only showing makes..

And in all honestly, you need to appreciate these last few years of an ATG.
Agreed. Not much to expect from a 36 year old coming off an achilles rupture and knee fracture..These are his Wizards MJ years, he's gonna show he can still hang with the big boys but expecting anything significant like a deep playoff run or 1st team all NBA is just too much. If he can give us 20/4/4 with flashes of old Kobe, that's more than enough.

lakerspng
10-02-2014, 05:24 PM
barring any major health setbacks, he'll make 1st team all NBA. He's still the most skilled player at his position in the league by a good ways, if his health is good, he'll be the best as well.

SexSymbol
10-02-2014, 06:14 PM
inb4 another 25+ ppg season from Kobe and the haters go completely apeshit on this forum.

NustABut
10-02-2014, 06:22 PM
If Nash can average 9 points and 5 assists i'd say it was a successful comeback...

dudes 40 years old :wtf:

poido123
10-02-2014, 06:38 PM
Kobe is so skilled.

The little bit of MJ I can hold onto. :(

poido123
10-02-2014, 06:39 PM
inb4 another 25+ ppg season from Kobe and the haters go completely apeshit on this forum.

Do it Kobe :oldlol:

King Jane
10-02-2014, 06:41 PM
Kobe sued his mom, made up his own nickname, snitched on Shaq and dont not forget his rap career.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/2496/whatever2jpg.png

guy is a bum

PieceOfFelt
10-02-2014, 08:24 PM
barring any major health setbacks, he'll make 1st team all NBA. He's still the most skilled player at his position in the league by a good ways, if his health is good, he'll be the best as well.

Do you have to go strictly by position when choosing the all NBA first team though? Because choosing the best five players regardless of position makes the most sense and Kobe definitely will not be one of the top 5 players.

TheMarkMadsen
10-02-2014, 08:31 PM
Do you have to go strictly by position when choosing the all NBA first team though?

do you honestly not know the answer to this question...

3ball
10-02-2014, 08:34 PM
it's nice to see a guy who says he's going to play off-ball, not bs'ing and ACTUALLY PLAYING OFF-BALL IN THE SCRIMMAGE.

kobe looked good on that turnaround j, decent lift.

didn't see randle... he could be a force right away, but it depends a lot on if he can play his game and maintain confidence with Boozer in the primary role right now.

PieceOfFelt
10-02-2014, 08:35 PM
do you honestly not know the answer to this question...

I do. I just put it oddly. To suggest he'll be one the first team, let alone deserving of that honor is just ****ing stupid and sounds completely biased and delusional. Some Lakers fans need to get their head out of their ass.

lakerspng
10-02-2014, 08:41 PM
I do. I just put it oddly. To suggest he'll be one the first team, let alone deserving of that honor is just ****ing stupid and sounds completely biased and delusional. Some Lakers fans need to get their head out of their ass.

Westbrook Curry or CP3 will obviously get the first guard spot. it's possible one of the others gets the second guard spot, but it's more likely they'll give it to a SG. The threshold for a SG getting it will be lower than giving it to two PGs. Kobe's better than Harden or Thompson and more likely to get it, if he's even 80% of what he was in his last healthy season. that's not biased or delusional. If he's healthy he has a great chance.

Legends66NBA7
10-02-2014, 08:42 PM
Looked good. Is Shaw still sticking to reducing his minutes ?

PieceOfFelt
10-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Westbrook Curry or CP3 will obviously get the first guard spot. it's possible one of the others gets the second guard spot, but it's more likely they'll give it to a SG. The threshold for a SG getting it will be lower than giving it to two PGs. Kobe's better than Harden or Thompson and more likely to get it, if he's even 80% of what he was in his last healthy season. that's not biased or delusional. If he's healthy he has a great chance.

What does the honor even mean if they're putting a shooting guard on there just for the sake of putting a shooting guard on there. Harden will likely be at least as good as Kobe next season. Neither one will play any defense but Harden will more than likely be the more valuable and consistent offensive player. There are also several point guards that are better at this point. That's just guards. There are several forwards that are head and shoulders better at this point. Kobe belongs nowhere near the All NBA first team.

lakerspng
10-02-2014, 08:52 PM
What does the honor even mean if they're putting a shooting guard on there just for the sake of putting a shooting guard on there. Harden will likely be at least as good as Kobe next season. Neither one will play any defense but Harden will more than likely be the more valuable and consistent offensive player. There are also several point guards that are better at this point. That's just guards. There are several forwards that are head and shoulders better at this point. Kobe belongs nowhere near the All NBA first team.

I would say wait and watch before making that judgement. His last healthy season his was clearly top 5 in the league. He's healthy again for the first time since then. I'm very interested to see if he can return anywhere close to that prior level.

Forwards don't matter, just guards. It's always been slightly skewed towards a positional lineup, it's just natural, otherwise a team is redundant skill/talent wise. first/second/third team is not supposed to be an actual functioning team, but it's only human to still "build" a team that would function together when factoring choices, even if subconsciously.

Cocaine80s
10-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Looked good. Is Shaw still sticking to reducing his minutes ?
Lol Byron the coach bruh

Legends66NBA7
10-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Lol Byron the coach bruh

Oh yeah... My bad, I ****ed up. :oldlol:

TheMarkMadsen
10-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Lol Byron the coach bruh

Plus Brian Shaw hasn't worked for the lakers for 4 years

IllegalD
10-02-2014, 08:57 PM
MORE KOBE:

https://vine.co/v/OmTVUIOtOTw

http://instagram.com/p/tqkee8LMZ-/?utm_source=partner&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=video&modal=true

:rockon:

Legends66NBA7
10-02-2014, 08:59 PM
Plus Brian Shaw hasn't worked for the lakers for 4 years

I was thinking it was one of his ex-Laker teammates and thought of Shaw first.

By the way, it was nice seeing you in practice too.

Cold soul
10-02-2014, 09:00 PM
MORE KOBE:

http://instagram.com/p/tqkee8LMZ-/?utm_source=partner&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=video&modal=true

Keep the videos coming. :banana:

JimmyMcAdocious
10-02-2014, 09:00 PM
I forgot Boozer went to LA. Too bad he didn't get taken.

Cold soul
10-02-2014, 09:01 PM
Kobe had more lift than I thought he would have left. This is encouraging news for all Laker fans.

IllegalD
10-02-2014, 09:03 PM
Keep the videos coming. :banana:

http://instagram.com/p/tqj1UGLMY_/?utm_source=partner&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=video&modal=true

Milbuck
10-02-2014, 09:04 PM
He looks really good. Looks like James Harden's reign at the top of the SG position peaked at 0 days.

Cocaine80s
10-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Who's the guy that guarded Kobe? Not Nick Young

He looked pretty good, don't know his name tho

Cold soul
10-02-2014, 09:08 PM
He looks really good. Looks like James Harden's reign at the top of the SG position peaked at 0 days.

Kobe days of averaging 24/25 points a game are back! :pimp:

lakerspng
10-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Who's the guy that guarded Kobe? Not Nick Young

He looked pretty good, don't know his name tho

Jordan Clarkson I believe guarded him most of the scrimmage.

the "don't hurt yourself" comment / title... is what Kobe said to Clarkson after that crossover/jumpshot he nailed on him... he said "Don't hurt yourself kid" ..

Kobe still talking smack.

IllegalD
10-02-2014, 11:42 PM
Day 3 5-on-5 HIGHLIGHTS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSMBeoKEgCA

ImKobe
10-03-2014, 12:52 AM
MORE KOBE:

this is really encouraging, decent amount of elevation on his jump shots and if you didn't notice, he lands on the same leg he tore his achilles with... Looks like he's good to go.

Day 3 5-on-5 HIGHLIGHTS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSMBeoKEgCA

just got through watching this

- Kobe looked even better in this one on offense, that fadeaway against the double team (fading over a 7fter in Sacre).

- Kobe's D is rather suspect in this one, gives too much room and gives up a wide open 3, of course the guy drains it

- Kobe was pretty tough on the young guys & Swaggy, but you saw him hug Nick at the end like he's his lil bro.

AnaheimLakers24
10-03-2014, 02:04 AM
im expecting a lot from wes an hill.

Cali Syndicate
10-03-2014, 02:09 AM
Man, if players can stay healthy, it's gonna be a great season.

Soundwave
10-03-2014, 07:08 AM
His vertical looks like its taken a hit.

Or it could just be that he's 36, but he definitely doesn't look like he can get up with the same ease from pre-injury.

bigkingsfan
10-03-2014, 07:22 AM
Where's Iggy?

AirFederer
10-03-2014, 07:27 AM
Very pedestrian dunk, not higher than I was at 25 (and I`m no world class athlete lol).

I hope he`ll have a great year, they are underdogs so a hungry (and ball sharig Kobe) could be very fun. :cheers:

ImKobe
10-03-2014, 08:36 AM
His vertical looks like its taken a hit.

Or it could just be that he's 36, but he definitely doesn't look like he can get up with the same ease from pre-injury.

I think it's more about Kobe being a little rusty right now. Not playing as much basketball recently as he would have in 2012. He will look better in a month or two. Still more than 3 weeks to go before the first game, he will be in better shape.

JonatanRey
10-03-2014, 08:41 AM
Kobe will retire and we wont see his level of competiness or mentality in decades.

Please, give us two more years with no injuries, Vino.

Wally450
10-03-2014, 09:27 AM

The 6,7,8 seeds are winning somewhere between 40-45 games. Can the Lakers put together enough wins to push someone out?

I can see them being better than last year, but I'm not sure if they can put enough wins together to grab a low seed playoff spot. Possibly just missing out.

Especially in that grueling Western Conference.

red1
10-03-2014, 09:37 AM
:applause: the nba is a much better league with a healthy chuckbe playing

TheMarkMadsen
10-03-2014, 01:43 PM
How does Jeremey Lin make the money he does

Doesn't even look like he belongs out there

Does he watch the ball as he dribbles??

ArbitraryWater
10-03-2014, 09:12 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzD3B4PCcAI0AqG.jpg:large

good indeed

9erempiree
10-04-2014, 07:06 AM
Don't like Boozer getting tossed in one of those videos. Being as big of a name Boozer is, nobody really cares about him now, which means one thing. He is done.

ImKobe
10-05-2014, 05:06 AM
Kobe, at 36, is still outrunning these young cats and winning all the drills after coming off two serious injuries...

for those that missed it, here's some footage from the training camp, what kind of drills we're running, etc

A lot of conditioning drills are being run right now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOH62aqcR-0
Randle's having some problems with the drills, they are running this young cat as much as possible to make him work harder and improve quicker, Kobe out there killing everyone in suicides and looking the youngest, which is great news for Kobe stans, maybe a concern for Laker fans.

more footage

Randle guarding Kobe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlUSMAlIalI

Kobe refuses water :kobe:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUGx6LLZm_w

Full, 2 hour version of the Lakers training camp here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FdTp_hLTtE

I<3NBA
10-05-2014, 10:57 AM
Kobe is finished. Quote me on this when he goes down again right before Lakers miss playoffs.

ImKobe
10-05-2014, 11:22 AM
Kobe is finished. Quote me on this when he goes down again right before Lakers miss playoffs.

mods...

sammichoffate
10-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Kobe, at 36, is still outrunning these young cats and winning all the drills after coming off two serious injuries...

for those that missed it, here's some footage from the training camp, what kind of drills we're running, etc

A lot of conditioning drills are being run right now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOH62aqcR-0
Randle's having some problems with the drills, they are running this young cat as much as possible to make him work harder and improve quicker, Kobe out there killing everyone in suicides and looking the youngest, which is great news for Kobe stans, maybe a concern for Laker fans.

more footage

Randle guarding Kobe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlUSMAlIalI

Kobe refuses water :kobe:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUGx6LLZm_w

Full, 2 hour version of the Lakers training camp here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FdTp_hLTtEWatching that training camp made my legs hurt :lol I trust Byron to do the right job. He's running their asses into the ground now so that in games, they'll be much better defensively than last year. This team isn't as talented as the others in the west, but they'll be able to grind out a ton of close games if they keep busting their tails like this :cheers: