PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie will be seriously in the 'best PG' discussion by the end of the season

JtotheIzzo
10-03-2014, 07:43 AM
this is pretty much a given. LBJ will make him a star.

Book it, and bump and mock if wrong.

Nuff Said
10-03-2014, 07:47 AM
Not due to increased stats, but increased wins. Same with love. Media will be like "they finally figured it out," while playing their same games as before.

Dragic4Life
10-03-2014, 07:48 AM
No.

Cocaine80s
10-03-2014, 08:00 AM
Agreed, he'll be top 3 behind Cp3 and Westbrook

JonatanRey
10-03-2014, 08:30 AM
Disagree. Who was the last player who improved because of Lebron? Everything but his FG will decrease. I like the kid but he is the third bullet in Cleveland. Plus, he has to improve his defense to even start to consider him a top3 PG.

ImKobe
10-03-2014, 08:34 AM
I think he will be more effective, something along the lines of 17 & 8 on 47/38/86 shooting

And to be honest, he only took 17 shots per game last season, Wade took 14 a game last season and 17 the first year they won a ring, so Irving could still average that many points if Lebron is fine with scoring a little less.

RedBlackAttack
10-03-2014, 10:18 AM
Disagree. Who was the last player who improved because of Lebron? Everything but his FG will decrease. I like the kid but he is the third bullet in Cleveland. Plus, he has to improve his defense to even start to consider him a top3 PG.
...because Steph Curry is an awesome defender. Hate to keep going back to FIBA, but that is the most recent look we have at these guys and Kyrie was one of the most consistent perimeter defenders on the team. Will it carry over to the regular season? Only time will tell, but his effort level on that end increased last year. No reason to believe he won't continue to improve.

As for him being a Top 3 PG, I think it is still a little soon. He was the youngest starting PG in the entire league at the beginning of last season. He is still just 22. Guys like CP3, Curry and WB are in their prime years as players. Kyrie really isn't all that close to his prime yet.

I do think he will be very good, though, and down the road will be the best PG in the league.

kurple
10-03-2014, 10:22 AM
Lawson> Irving

at everything other than starring in pepsi commercials. and fancy ballhandling

FatComputerNerd
10-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Kyrie is already a star. Hell, he was a star as a rookie, and has been in the top 5 PG discussion for some time now.

Now he will have Lebron, and so many good shooters around him, with a real coach who runs an actual system. The sky is the limit.

choppermagic
10-03-2014, 10:39 AM
Absolutely, just like Lebron made Mario Chalmers into the best PG in the NBA.....

... oh wait....

HiphopRelated
10-03-2014, 11:06 AM
Not when he's putting up 16/5

Nuff Said
10-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Keep in mind, kyrie really shines when playing with other all stars. He's not afraid to take over and seize control. He will definitely be the go-to guy in the crunch.

JonatanRey
10-03-2014, 11:29 AM
...because Steph Curry is an awesome defender. Hate to keep going back to FIBA, but that is the most recent look we have at these guys and Kyrie was one of the most consistent perimeter defenders on the team. Will it carry over to the regular season? Only time will tell, but his effort level on that end increased last year. No reason to believe he won't continue to improve.

As for him being a Top 3 PG, I think it is still a little soon. He was the youngest starting PG in the entire league at the beginning of last season. He is still just 22. Guys like CP3, Curry and WB are in their prime years as players. Kyrie really isn't all that close to his prime yet.

I do think he will be very good, though, and down the road will be the best PG in the league.

We dont completely disagree. Im not saying he is a worse defender than Curry, but he has to improve a LOT both on offense and especially on defense if you wanna put him in the category: Westbrook-Paul-Curry. Now, he is below all three and also guys as Ty Lawson or John Wall are over him. Honestly, I dont think he is a top 5 PG right now. Still young, but not top5 yet. As you say, only time will tell.

Dragic4Life
10-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Keep in mind, kyrie really shines when playing with other all stars. He's not afraid to take over and seize control. He will definitely be the go-to guy in the crunch.
Salty Wade stan with that subtle trolling.:oldlol: :facepalm

Nuff Said
10-03-2014, 11:44 AM
Salty Wade stan with that subtle trolling.:oldlol: :facepalm
I'm sorry, I don't troll here. I've nothing to be salty about. Kyrie took over in the all star game when we were down and was the number one guy on the same floor as lebron. Is it trolling to suggest he may do the same again in the regular season?

Dragic4Life
10-03-2014, 12:21 PM
I'm sorry, I don't troll here. I've nothing to be salty about. Kyrie took over in the all star game when we were down and was the number one guy on the same floor as lebron. Is it trolling to suggest he may do the same again in the regular season?
You're clearly trying to steer the topic into Lebron being "unclutch".

Nice try troll.

RidonKs
10-03-2014, 12:37 PM

qft

the pg position is just so damn stacked. like rba said he wont be better than westbrook, paul, curry, rose if hes healthy, and then there's rondo, parker, dragic, lillard, wall, bledsoe. i'd say irving is running right in the middle of the pack of that second group but he'll be borderline top five by the end of the year as izzo is saying.

Beastmode88
10-03-2014, 01:48 PM

Nice try troll.

How is Lebron being unclutch a troll? How many game winners has he had? (Passing to Ray Allen or Chris Bosh does not count).

Nuff Said
10-03-2014, 01:51 PM

Nice try troll.
Okay red bar of death. I believe lebron is clutch but kyrie is even more clutch than lebron. He's better at isolations and can take his man off the dribble a lot better than lebron can. That's no knock on lebron. Kyrie is just better at it.

j3lademaster
10-03-2014, 02:19 PM
Not really going out on a limb. Kyrie's talent and abilities were never in question, just his willingness to put forth effort on defense and how injury prone he is.

ZeN
10-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Its going to be more like Kevin Love will be seriously in the 'best PF' discussion..

beastee
10-03-2014, 02:44 PM

Nice try troll.

For being best player in the world...he defers an awful lot. Also, Kyrie has had some nice game winners/enders and has the stones. This is why I feel like Cavs are going to be tough to beat. Kyrie fills in the one need that Lebron has shown to be weak in the finals.

JonatanRey
10-03-2014, 02:54 PM
Its going to be more like Kevin Love will be seriously in the 'best PF' discussion..

He already is in the discussion since its only Anthony Davis and Griffin over him. Irving has 5 point guards at least over him.

JonatanRey
10-03-2014, 02:58 PM
Actually, there is no discussion. Anthony Davis is gonna be the best PF in this decade.

JT123
10-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Can Kyrie enter the top 5 first? :confusedshrug:

qrich
10-03-2014, 03:59 PM
Can Kyrie enter the top 7 first? :confusedshrug:

:rolleyes:

LongLiveTheKing
10-03-2014, 04:09 PM
For being best player in the world...he defers an awful lot. Also, Kyrie has had some nice game winners/enders and has the stones. This is why I feel like Cavs are going to be tough to beat. Kyrie fills in the one need that Lebron has shown to be weak in the finals.
What need?

Graviton
10-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Paul and Westbrook are in a tier of their own, to get to that level Kyrie will need to improve in multiple categories.

When Paul doesn't score he still runs the offense perfectly, limits turnovers and feeds his dynamic big man (Blake) or the outside shooters (Reddick/Crawford). He also makes an impact defensively with his quick hands and disrupts the passing lanes. He is the complete package.

When Westbrook is in Westbrick mode, he still brings his unmatched energy and hustle. Plays hard for every second he is on the court. Dives on the floor for any loose balls, skies over bigs to secure rebounds, breaks down the defense and passes to the open man. Plays hounding perimeter defense and makes game winning plays on that end. He had 3 triple doubles in last years playoffs when no one else had any. He does it all at a high level.

Now what will Kyrie do when he doesn't score much with Lebron and Love on the team? He has to focus on something else, being versatile is the most important quality in a PG considering they have the least impact on the game and are the easiest to contain.

JT123
10-03-2014, 05:25 PM
:rolleyes:
I was being overly generous. A certain mod around here gets very sensitive when Lebron fans say anything critical about his teammates.

Bigsmoke
10-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Not due to increased stats, but increased wins. Same with love. Media will be like "they finally figured it out," while playing their same games as before.

Or LeBron showing them the ropes:applause:

Bigsmoke
10-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Lawson> Irving

at everything other than starring in pepsi commercials. and fancy ballhandling

Lawson got his ass handed to him by Curry.

Kyrie would at least put up a fight

TheMarkMadsen
10-03-2014, 05:57 PM
going forward the only point guards I would even consider taking over Irving are WB & Curry

but when you factor in Irvings age he's the guy..

IMO he's a top 4 point guard at worst right now, and the guys in front of him (WB, Paul, Curry) are all top 10 players in the league..

Fowl
10-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Going to be bumping this for the lols in a few months.

Every PG LeBron has had, has gotten worse. One of Dion or Kyire will be gone by the deadline.

If Kyrie gets traded to a different team, then there might be a chance for him to be considered at the top of his position but still, its ridiculous to say this as of now.

JT123
10-03-2014, 06:14 PM
Going to be bumping this for the lols in a few months.

Every PG LeBron has had, has gotten worse. One of Dion or Kyire will be gone by the deadline.

If Kyrie gets traded to a different team, then there might be a chance for him to be considered at the top of his position but still, its ridiculous to say this as of now.
Mods...

Fowl
10-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Mods...
Mo Williams 07-08 (BUCKS)
17 PPG 6.3 AST

Mo Williams (CAVS)
17 PPG 4.1 AST

Mo Williams (LAST SEASON WITH BRON)
15 PPG 5.3 AST

Mario Chalmers 09-10 (BEFORE BRON)
7 PPG 3.4 AST

Mario Chalmers 10-11 (WITH BRON)
6 PPG 2.5 AST

Dwyane Wade 09-10 (BEFORE BRON)
27 PPG 6.5 AST

Dwyane Wade 10-11 (WITH BRON)
25 PPG 4.6 AST

LeBron makes his teammates better right?

qrich
10-03-2014, 06:48 PM
Lawson got his ass handed to him by Curry.

Kyrie would at least put up a fight

Thomas outplayed Irving, won 3-2.

Lawson out played Thomas, won 7-1.

Therefore, Lawson > Thomas > Irving?

Legends66NBA7
10-03-2014, 07:03 PM

How is he not a star already ? Haven't you said that ASG MVP, all elite players won it, so does't that make him a star ? Or do you mean a superstar ?

But to the question, no. I doubt he's going to put up the production to be in the conversation. He'll probably be Top 10, though.

Nash
10-03-2014, 07:04 PM
lol, 'defers'.. more like the correct basketball play, but sure.

how many of these guys who don't defer even end up making the clutch basket?

Also, lol at us talking about lebron not being clutch when he has the highest ppg in history of nba in elimination games.

Nash
10-03-2014, 07:11 PM
Mo Williams 07-08 (BUCKS)
17 PPG 6.3 AST

Mo Williams (CAVS)
17 PPG 4.1 AST

Mo Williams (LAST SEASON WITH BRON)
15 PPG 5.3 AST

Mario Chalmers 09-10 (BEFORE BRON)
7 PPG 3.4 AST

Mario Chalmers 10-11 (WITH BRON)
6 PPG 2.5 AST

Dwyane Wade 09-10 (BEFORE BRON)
27 PPG 6.5 AST

Dwyane Wade 10-11 (WITH BRON)
25 PPG 4.6 AST

LeBron makes his teammates better right?
are you not very bright? do you know what field goals mean? you do understand that these guys field goals go down when one of the best players in history of the game becomes their team mate?

did you seriously expect Wade, Bosh and Mo Williams stats to go up when they become 2nd and 3rd options?

Anyway, a good way to measure how a star has effected a players game is usually through observing what happens with their fg%. Usually their fg% goes up because the game becomes easier throug much more easy baskets that your star teammate gets you.

Fowl
10-03-2014, 07:15 PM
are you not very bright? do you know what field goals mean? you do understand that these guys field goals go down when one of the best players in history of the game becomes their team mate?

did you seriously expect Wade, Bosh and Mo Williams stats to go up when they become 2nd and 3rd options?

Anyway, a good way to measure how a star has effected a players game is usually through observing what happens with their fg%. Usually their fg% goes up becomes the game becomes easier because of much more easy baskets that your star teammate gets you.
So you expect Kyrie Irving to be the best PG in the game because he'll have 5-10% higher FG on less points and assists?

You really think the best PG in the NBA is going to be the third wheel on a team hes not even going to be the primary dribbler on as a point guard.

You pretty much sealed this thread with the last sentence:
Usually their fg% goes up becomes the game becomes easier because of much more easy baskets that your star teammate gets you.

Yeah.. PGs playing with LeBron just wait for him to get them buckets yet they get "better". Since when does making easy buckets makes you better? When has "the best PG" ever been somebody who waits for open shots to come to him? I thought it was the other way around..

Kyrie is actually one of my favorite players but you LeBron dick riders are delusional if you really think anybody on that team apart from Bron is going to put up the numbers you expect them to.

:facepalm

Nash
10-03-2014, 07:16 PM
So you expect Kyrie Irving to be the best PG in the game because he'll have 5-10% higher FG on less points and assists?

You really think the best PG in the NBA is going to be the third wheel on a team hes not even going to be the primary dribbler on as a point guard.

You pretty much sealed this thread with the last sentence:
Usually their fg% goes up becomes the game becomes easier because of much more easy baskets that your star teammate gets you.

Yeah.. PGs playing with LeBron just wait for him to get them buckets yet they get "better". Making easy buckets makes you better?

:facepalm
wait, did I say anything about Kyrie becoming the best PG i the league? :biggums:

Fowl
10-03-2014, 07:31 PM
wait, did I say anything about Kyrie becoming the best PG i the league? :biggums:
Read the thread title dummy. Thats what i was replying to, you're over here arguing over nonsense because your boy Bron is being discredited.

I speak facts. Stats don't lie, deal with it. Want to know the most solid stat of all?

2/5

Nash
10-03-2014, 07:35 PM
Read the thread title dummy. Thats what i was replying to, you're over here arguing over nonsense because your boy Bron is being discredited.

I speak facts. Stats don't lie, deal with it. Want to know the most solid stat of all?

2/5
you blamed lebron for their stats going down as if Lebron MADE them worse, not because their field goals and touches got less.

mehyaM24
10-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Mods...

nothing wrong with what he said. im a big lebron fan, but guy doesnt play well with pointguards/players that need the ball in their hands (or at least it takes time for him to adjust).

people screaming for the mods are ****ing lame.

Fowl
10-03-2014, 07:39 PM
you blamed lebron for their stats going down as if Lebron MADE them worse, not because their field goals and touches got less.

OP Claims Kyrie going to be the best PG next year
---

I come in and say no PG has ever had better stats with LeBron on his team so he obviously won't be the best PG
---

You reply obviously butthurt about me talking about LeBron and bring in FG% as if thats somehow going to make Kyrie the best PG
---

I explain to you that you're a retard and need to get LeBron's dick out of your mouth
---

You continue to support my claim above ^

Fowl
10-03-2014, 07:40 PM
nothing wrong with what he said. im a big lebron fan, but guy doesnt play well with pointguards/players that need the ball in their hands (or at least it takes time for him to adjust).

people screaming for the mods are ****ing lame.
Thank you for having a brain.

HiphopRelated
10-03-2014, 07:42 PM

Anyway, a good way to measure how a star has effected a players game is usually through observing what happens with their fg%. Usually their fg% goes up because the game becomes easier throug much more easy baskets that your star teammate gets you.
Which is why Lebron ended up near 60%

Nash
10-03-2014, 07:45 PM
OP Claims Kyrie going to be the best PG next year
---

I come in and say no PG has ever had better stats with LeBron on his team so he obviously won't be the best PG
---

You reply obviously butthurt about me talking about LeBron and bring in FG% as if thats somehow going to make Kyrie the best PG
---

I explain to you that you're a retard and need to get LeBron's dick out of your mouth
---

you still don't get it :biggums:

Fowl
10-03-2014, 07:45 PM
you still don't get it :biggums:

russwest0
10-03-2014, 07:56 PM

1st overall pick, all star game MVP, FIBA tournament MVP, and just 22 years old but yes, playing with LeBron is the reason he'll be considered a star....

:applause:

Twiens
10-03-2014, 08:15 PM
In before Kyrie averages 15/5.

#Lebronsystem

Droid101
10-03-2014, 08:33 PM
1st overall pick, all star game MVP, FIBA tournament MVP, and just 22 years old but yes, playing with LeBron is the reason he'll be considered a star....

:applause:
this

cavsfanatic
10-04-2014, 01:32 AM
People are under the assumption the offense will be Lebron being the primary ball handler, and he won't be. Kyrie is going to run the show, and numbers won't have anything to do with who is the best pg.

All dude said is he'll be in the discussion lol. If I ever see Mario Chalmers name again in this thread I'm going to lose it.

JtotheIzzo
10-04-2014, 04:24 AM
People are under the assumption the offense will be Lebron being the primary ball handler, and he won't be. Kyrie is going to run the show, and numbers won't have anything to do with who is the best pg.

All dude said is he'll be in the discussion lol. If I ever see Mario Chalmers name again in this thread I'm going to lose it.

LeBron has already said Kyrie will be the primary ball handler.

Kyrie does better when the talent level on the floor is raised.

Kyrie will have more room to manoeuvre.

Kyrie will have better players to dish to.

Kyrie will be on a team pushing 60 wins.

LeBron will sit for longer stretches this season.

Kyrie will have multiple knockdown shooters to pass to.

This is actually a no brainer, and anyone who thinks otherwise has an agenda or mental retardation.

Paul George 24
10-04-2014, 04:34 AM
LeBron has already said Kyrie will be the primary ball handler.

Kyrie does better when the talent level on the floor is raised.

Kyrie will have more room to manoeuvre.

Kyrie will have better players to dish to.

Kyrie will be on a team pushing 60 wins.

LeBron will sit for longer stretches this season.

Kyrie will have multiple knockdown shooters to pass to.

This is actually a no brainer, and anyone who thinks otherwise has an agenda or mental retardation.

tell him learn how to play defence 1st :lol

Undisputed
10-04-2014, 04:53 AM
It would be cool to see that. He has the team to make him look even better than he already is.

JtotheIzzo
10-04-2014, 07:20 AM
tell him learn how to play defence 1st :lol

huh huh, yeah, OK good one!!!:facepalm