PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Republic of Iran executes man for interpreting story in the Quran as symbolic

MavsSuperFan
10-04-2014, 03:51 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/29/iran-executes-man-heresy-mohsen-amir-aslani

[QUOTE]A 37-year-old man has been executed in Iran after being found guilty of heresy and insulting prophet Jonah, according to human rights activists.

Mohsen Amir-Aslani was arrested nine years ago for his activities which the authorities deemed were heretical. He was engaged in psychotherapy but also led sessions reading and reciting the Qur

millwad
10-04-2014, 03:53 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/29/iran-executes-man-heresy-mohsen-amir-aslani

You know the story of Jonah, the one where he gets swallowed by a whale/big fish.

Interrupting that story as non-literal can get you executed in Iran.
The current government of Iran is at best a lateral move from the shah.

Thank the US for giving them power and strength.

NumberSix
10-04-2014, 03:53 PM
This has nothing to do with religion. Stop being racist OP.

imdaman99
10-04-2014, 03:54 PM
True. We should fund more Sad-damn Husseins and Osama Bin Ladens to take Iran on.

millwad
10-04-2014, 03:56 PM
True. We should fund more Sad-damn Husseins and Osama Bin Ladens to take Iran on.

Exactly.
Fund more crazy dictators with billions of dollars so they can start a war against Iran for no reason.

HitandRun Reggie
10-04-2014, 04:02 PM
That entire region minus Israel is still living in the middle ages, what do you expect?

DonDadda59
10-04-2014, 04:03 PM
You know the story of Jonah, the one where he gets swallowed by a whale/big fish.

Interrupting that story as non-literal can get you executed in Iran.
The current government of Iran is at best a lateral move from the shah.

They have to learn somehow. All praise be to Allah/Yahweh/Jehovah/God etc and so on.

millwad
10-04-2014, 04:04 PM
That entire region minus Israel is still living in the middle ages, what do you expect?

Yeah, since it's so modern to occupy land that doesn't belong to you and abuse it's people.

DonDadda59
10-04-2014, 04:12 PM
Yeah, since it's so modern to occupy land that doesn't belong to you and abuse it's people.

Using drones and smart missiles though. Jetsons level shit. Other side throws rocks. Flintstones level shit.

Trollsmasher
10-04-2014, 04:16 PM
Quran is a direct word of God, as revealed by Allah to Mohammed.

There is no room for interpretation of symbolism. Allah meant for his curtains to be ****ing blue.

DonDadda59
10-04-2014, 04:23 PM
Pm'd you

Saw it. Ignored it. Figured it was some butt munching tomfoolery.

DonDadda59
10-04-2014, 04:37 PM
Naw

Just read it. Gonna be in the Poconos next week. Now I don't want you to take that as I would've let you sleep on my couch had I been around. Doesn't mean that. But it doesn't not mean that either.

Godzuki
10-04-2014, 05:03 PM

you're dumb as fukk, maybe the dumbest mf'er here. no joke.

just awhile back you were acting like Iran is no threat and everyone else are the bad guys, like they were so unfairly labeled. and you're always reinventing ancient history never being honest about the contexts of those situations, to blame America. really hpe u join ISIS soon and get blown the fukk up.

these mf'ers arrested people for dancing to Happy lol....and ISH has like 3~ really dumbass pro muslim mf'ers, borderline terrorists, always stickinig up for them and the other terrorist organizations here. i swear this place should be investigated by Homeland Security.

DonDadda59
10-04-2014, 06:16 PM
I'll house sit

Post a pic of yourself first. Let's start there. I don't even know who you are.

Dresta
10-05-2014, 06:56 AM
What the **** are you talking about eh? The US supported the Shah and not the Islamic Republic, hence why they supported Saddam's invasion of Iran. Iran had its Islamic revolution against Western backed dictatorship far earlier, and unsurprisingly, it was a combination of religious leaders, Marxists and nationalists who combined to overthrow the Shah. Unfortunately, the Islamic State then went about executing those who had helped overthrow the Shah so as to have absolute power. Looks like leftists will never learn that these religious fanatics want nothing to do with them and would kill them if they got the chance.

NumberSix
10-05-2014, 03:44 PM
What the **** are you talking about eh? The US supported the Shah and not the Islamic Republic, hence why they supported Saddam's invasion of Iran. Iran had its Islamic revolution against Western backed dictatorship far earlier, and unsurprisingly, it was a combination of religious leaders, Marxists and nationalists who combined to overthrow the Shah. Unfortunately, the Islamic State then went about executing those who had helped overthrow the Shah so as to have absolute power. Looks like leftists will never learn that these religious fanatics want nothing to do with them and would kill them if they got the chance.
I'll tell you the absolute worst religion on earth.

Organized atheism. These people are cultists. I'm an atheist myself, but anytime you see an organization of atheists, you're quick to see that it's never about science or reason or pursuit of truth. It's always about EXTREME leftist politics, extreme feminism, anti westernism, anti-Christianity and "anti-Israel" while also always being pro-Islam.

Atheism organizations are never about atheism. It's really just. Collection of Marxists who are "atheist" as a byproduct, not because they're rational people who understand science and logic but because they're cultists who blindly believe Marxist/communist ideology which happens to promote atheism. Not because of rationality. Because it removes another layer of cultural identity.

Dresta
10-06-2014, 05:38 AM
I'll tell you the absolute worst religion on earth.

Organized atheism. These people are cultists. I'm an atheist myself, but anytime you see an organization of atheists, you're quick to see that it's never about science or reason or pursuit of truth. It's always about EXTREME leftist politics, extreme feminism, anti westernism, anti-Christianity and "anti-Israel" while also always being pro-Islam.

Atheism organizations are never about atheism. It's really just. Collection of Marxists who are "atheist" as a byproduct, not because they're rational people who understand science and logic but because they're cultists who blindly believe Marxist/communist ideology which happens to promote atheism. Not because of rationality. Because it removes another layer of cultural identity.
Agreed. Those types are always as fanatical and ideological (quasi-religious really) as any religious sect. The problem is they promote an extreme and illogical rational constructivism (the belief that human beings can design the world they live in), and this belief in rationality and reason and progress simply replaces religious belief - it claims to be based on scientific rationalism, yet it is completely unscientific and as faith-based as any religion. It's that Grand March: the need for a grand uniting cause to provide purpose and meaning - it is just a new form of faith.

Nazism, Communism, contemporary Liberalism and the triumph of corporatism: all consequences of this unjustified belief it rational contstructivism

Nick Young
10-06-2014, 10:27 AM
Religion of peace doe

millwad
10-07-2014, 11:32 AM
you're dumb as fukk, maybe the dumbest mf'er here. no joke.

just awhile back you were acting like Iran is no threat and everyone else are the bad guys, like they were so unfairly labeled. and you're always reinventing ancient history never being honest about the contexts of those situations, to blame America. really hpe u join ISIS soon and get blown the fukk up.

these mf'ers arrested people for dancing to Happy lol....and ISH has like 3~ really dumbass pro muslim mf'ers, borderline terrorists, always stickinig up for them and the other terrorist organizations here. i swear this place should be investigated by Homeland Security.

I've had this discussion before with you and I always educated you and will do so this time as well.

Stop making up lies, you are cherry picking now. I have always stated that the leaders in Iran deserve to be jailed and prosecuted for their crimes towards their people. With that said, they are not a threat to other nations but their own.

Which situations haven't I been honest about? Like how USA and the UK overthrew the democratically elected prime minister who wanted to nationalize the oil? How the US funded Iraq with billions of dollars worth resources when Saddadm decided to attack Iran?

You're not very intelligent.

Nowitness
10-07-2014, 12:29 PM
This has nothing to do with religion. Stop being racist OP.

Damn you're foolish. That or you've been blinded by religion.