PDA

View Full Version : Millsap to raps as 2015 free-agent.

barkleynash
10-04-2014, 11:38 PM
If the raps have a great year, get into the second round, what is are the chances that the raps could lure Paul Millsap as a FA?
I would love this roster.
lowry, vaz
derozen, Lou Williams? He is a free-agent
Ross James Johnson
Millsap Patterson
Val Amir He is also a free-agent

That is a great 10 man rotation and does not include our draft picks. And not including Caboclo or Bebe in the rotation, as they are still major projects, imo.

What I love about this is roster flexibility, Amir is fully capable of playing back-up center. Millsap is a great all-around basketball player and is easy to play with. He can also swing down to the three and you might be able to play him, Patterson and Val together.
Thoughts?
Could that team get to the NBA finals?

Lebronxrings
10-05-2014, 12:06 AM
dam another super team in the east?

We already have bulls, wizards, nets, hornets, heat.

If the raptors added milsap, this would be a VERY tough conference to get through.

hawksdogsbraves
10-05-2014, 12:07 AM
If the raps have a great year, get into the second round, what is are the chances that the raps could lure Paul Millsap as a FA?
I would love this roster.
lowry, vaz
derozen, Lou Williams? He is a free-agent
Ross James Johnson
Millsap Patterson
Val Amir He is also a free-agent

That is a great 10 man rotation and does not include our draft picks. And not including Caboclo or Bebe in the rotation, as they are still major projects, imo.

What I love about this is roster flexibility, Amir is fully capable of playing back-up center. Millsap is a great all-around basketball player and is easy to play with. He can also swing down to the three and you might be able to play him, Patterson and Val together.
Thoughts?
Could that team get to the NBA finals?

As much as I love Millsap, that team isn't sniffing a finals. Would be lucky to ever make an ECF.

The Raps have a good core but unless one of Derozan/Valanciunas takes about 3 big steps forward, I don't think they're ever going to actually contend with it.

barkleynash
10-05-2014, 09:34 AM
I agree that their internal growth is the key to making the jump to contender status. If they got millsap, I still think they need both derozen, to remain an all-star year in and year out. They need Val to develop into a top 5 center. Continued improvement from Ross and this team could be a 2004 pistons type team. If they somehow hit the homeroom with Caboclo, and in two years time he turns into a young Nicolas batum then we are talking.
They do have three first round picks in the next two years. It's not impossible to reach a finals, but many things would have to come together for that to happen. I do think that millsap and val would be a deadly combo up front.

BuffaloBill
10-05-2014, 09:36 AM
dam another super team in the east?

We already have bulls, wizards, nets, hornets, heat.

If the raptors added milsap, this would be a VERY tough conference to get through.

:hammerhead: