PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's Legacy will SKYROCKET if Lin's numbers increase

Kidbasketball20
10-05-2014, 01:07 AM
And I think it's VERY possible he helps Lin become even better than Linsanity (at least from a long term perspective).

- I trust him more than Melo/Harden as a player AND and going for the W over the ego.
- Kobe's old.
- Kobe's old.
- Kobe is the most mentally sharp and gifted leader in the NBA.
- Lin is the best and most respectful teammate in the NBA.

Just saying.

Dragic4Life
10-05-2014, 01:10 AM
No.

PsychoBe
10-05-2014, 01:11 AM
mods?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?! !

Kidbasketball20
10-05-2014, 01:17 AM
mods?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?! !

What is so "trollish" about what I'm saying?

If Lin has a productive season, Kobe's legacy will obviously grow since he is showing for the first time (at least notably) he is a FANTASTIC MENTOR AND TEAMMATE.

oarabbus
10-05-2014, 02:49 AM
I think it can happen - Kobe can make Lin peak at like 20/8.

Linsanity was like 23/9 though, which he obviously isn't going to replicate.

Cocaine80s
10-05-2014, 03:01 AM

lol what? 20/8?

youre just throwing that stat out like nothing. Thats top 5 pg level. Lin wont be anywhere near that

oarabbus
10-05-2014, 03:17 AM
lol what? 20/8?

youre just throwing that stat out like nothing. Thats top 5 pg level. Lin wont be anywhere near that

Yeah 20/8 is a bit unrealistic. Very possible and much more likely that he will put up 14/7 this year. But I do think best case scenario, if he tries to train with Kobe as much as possible, gets in shape, and has the coach's trust, he could put up 18/8 or 19/7 type numbers in a year or two at his peak.

Fowl
10-05-2014, 04:37 AM
Yeah 20/8 is a bit unrealistic. Very possible and much more likely that he will put up 14/7 this year. But I do think best case scenario, if he tries to train with Kobe as much as possible, gets in shape, and has the coach's trust, he could put up 18/8 or 19/7 type numbers in a year or two at his peak.
Lin still has potential to do what he did during Linsanity. He has all the tools, don't doubt him.

ImKobe
10-05-2014, 08:34 AM
OP makes no sense but let me clear this up

- as of right now, Lin is going to run with the 2nd unit, so him and Kobe might not play together much early in the season, barring a Nash injury

- What does Kobe's legacy have to do with Lin's production? It's on Jeremy to become a better player and play his role well, Kobe can only make it easier for him by finding him in certain spots and demanding double teams, which should give Lin better opportunities to score, but the rest is all on Lin himself.

Mr Exlax
10-05-2014, 09:27 AM
Will Kobe's legacy plummet if Lin's numbers decrease?

Real Men Wear Green
10-05-2014, 09:41 AM
Scoring title, MVP, 5 Championships, Jeremy Lin, ?!!, Profit.

Kidbasketball20
10-05-2014, 12:38 PM
OP makes no sense but let me clear this up

- as of right now, Lin is going to run with the 2nd unit, so him and Kobe might not play together much early in the season, barring a Nash injury

- What does Kobe's legacy have to do with Lin's production? It's on Jeremy to become a better player and play his role well, Kobe can only make it easier for him by finding him in certain spots and demanding double teams, which should give Lin better opportunities to score, but the rest is all on Lin himself.

Is this 100%? Just b/c he's running with the 2nd unit in practice doesn't mean anything.

And of course it falls mostly on Lin's shoulder's. But I will give Kobe a lot of credit if the Lakers mesh and Lin's numbers go up given he's the leader of the team (obviously).

I'm just pointing out distinctions between him and Harden/Melo, since all 3 are known as ball hogs but I trust Kobe the most.

navy
10-05-2014, 12:41 PM
Mods.

Kidbasketball20
10-05-2014, 12:43 PM
Mods.

Once again, what about what I'm saying is "trollish" or lockable? :facepalm

Besides winning another ring (Kobe prob. has 2-3 more productive seasons left), the best thing Kobe can do is mentor a young player to be the new face of the Lakers. Lin can be that guy, and if Kobe does his job he will look incredible especially compared to other "superstars" who lead their teams that Lin has played with.

Unless you have a counter argument shut up.

red1
10-05-2014, 12:44 PM
And I think it's VERY possible he helps Lin become even better than Linsanity (at least from a long term perspective).

- I trust him more than Melo/Harden as a player AND and going for the W over the ego.
- Kobe's old.
- Kobe's old.
- Kobe is the most mentally sharp and gifted leader in the NBA.
- Lin is the best and most respectful teammate in the NBA.

Just saying.
op done smoked all the crack

Lebronxrings
10-05-2014, 12:52 PM
yes but it can work both ways.

Kidbasketball20
10-05-2014, 01:00 PM
op done smoked all the crack

Lin would easily produce better stats than Lowry with his role so you need to STFU or post logical counter points. :applause:

Real Men Wear Green
10-05-2014, 01:07 PM
Lin would easily produce better stats than Lowry with his role so you need to STFU or post logical counter points. :applause:
On his last team Lin wasn't a starter and he won't start in LA until Nsah gets hurt. Other than the Linsanity stretch of games there's no reason to put him on par with Lowry.

Kidbasketball20
10-05-2014, 01:31 PM
On his last team Lin wasn't a starter and he won't start in LA until Nsah gets hurt. Other than the Linsanity stretch of games there's no reason to put him on par with Lowry.

You obviously didn't follow the Rockets last season.

Lin didn't start b/c of fit with Harden (they have the same style of game) and the media/coaches put Bev on a pedestal to make him seem substantially better than Lin which isn't the case.

FKAri
10-05-2014, 01:36 PM
I have a hard time picturing old man Nash starting all games. A backcourt of Nash/Kobe is a problem defensively. I guess I'll have to wait and see where Nash's at.

As for Kobe's legacy? That's already in stone at this point. The only thing he could do is some off the court drama to make it worse.

Kidbasketball20
10-05-2014, 01:47 PM
I have a hard time picturing old man Nash starting all games. A backcourt of Nash/Kobe is a problem defensively. I guess I'll have to wait and see where Nash's at.

As for Kobe's legacy? That's already in stone at this point. The only thing he could do is some off the court drama to make it worse.

And where is this idea coming from that Lin isn't starting? Nash is on LIMITED minutes anyway, and Lin will end up playing more each game.

So many people who want to discredit Lin :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Real Men Wear Green
10-05-2014, 01:48 PM
You obviously didn't follow the Rockets last season. What part of what I wrote was wrong? I realize you're arguing from a position of extreme weakness due to the fact that you're wrong and attempting to defend a topic that makes no sense whatsoever but you're going to have to do better than accusing me of not purchasing league pass.

Lin didn't start b/c of fit with Harden (they have the same style of game) and the media/coaches put Bev on a pedestal to make him seem substantially better than Lin which isn't the case.So Patrick Beverly=Tim Tebow?:rolleyes:

Lin and Harden both need the ball to be their most effective but it's a stretch to say that they're so similar that it makes them incompatible. The best defense that can be made for the death of Linsanity in Houston is that McHale didn't care for his game. But if Lin has it in himself to be the star he briefly was for the Knicks I highly doubt they'd hold that back for the sake of Patrick Beverly.

Kidbasketball20
10-05-2014, 03:05 PM
What part of what I wrote was wrong? I realize you're arguing from a position of extreme weakness due to the fact that you're wrong and attempting to defend a topic that makes no sense whatsoever but you're going to have to do better than accusing me of not purchasing league pass.

So Patrick Beverly=Tim Tebow?:rolleyes:

Lin and Harden both need the ball to be their most effective but it's a stretch to say that they're so similar that it makes them incompatible. The best defense that can be made for the death of Linsanity in Houston is that McHale didn't care for his game. But if Lin has it in himself to be the star he briefly was for the Knicks I highly doubt they'd hold that back for the sake of Patrick Beverly.

Bev is a decent player.

But you are an idiot and basically admitted my point that you did NOT watch the Rockets last season. :applause: :applause:

The fact is Harden wanted to play with Bev because of fit and not Lin. Anyone with a brain who watched the Rox last season knows this (not you).

CavaliersFTW
10-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Only way Lin's numbers can go up is if he worked on rebounding...

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/05/05b7626dee0981604704162d8ead9cfa9cf6fd529406508124 4de3168ec3b93f.jpg

Kidbasketball20
10-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Only way Lin's numbers can go up is if he worked on rebounding...

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/05/05b7626dee0981604704162d8ead9cfa9cf6fd529406508124 4de3168ec3b93f.jpg

I think Kobe will give the "team system" at least 2 weeks before deciding to go stat padding for the season.

Brizzly
10-05-2014, 09:09 PM

I think it can happen, Kobe can me Kobe peak at 39/5/5

Kobesanity was like 42/5/4 in in 13 straight games 02/03 though, which he obviously isn't going to replicate.

Kidbasketball20
10-05-2014, 11:29 PM

Yeah I don't see Lin averaging 23 pts with Kobe in the lineup.

18/8 isn't unreasonable.

I can't wait to see the egg on Rocket fans faces when Lin is playing like a maniac. :banana: :banana:

Real Men Wear Green
10-06-2014, 06:39 AM
But you are an idiot and basically admitted my point that you did NOT watch the Rockets last season. :applause: :applause: Talking shit and making up crap does not a real argument make. Next time why don't you try dealing in fact.

Bandito
10-06-2014, 06:55 AM

18/8 isn't unreasonable.

I can't wait to see the egg on Rocket fans faces when Lin is playing like a maniac. :banana: :banana:
Lin isn't averaging 23 pts with or without Kobe. His peak is 14 at best.

Smook A.
10-06-2014, 06:55 AM

18/8 isn't unreasonable.

Not happening. Something like 14/6 is much more realistic.