PDA

View Full Version : Do the Nets have the worst future in the NBA?

Shade8780
10-05-2014, 02:29 PM
And do the Celtics have the best future? Brooklyn's best players are Brook Lopez who is incredibly injury prone, might even be gone in FA next year depending on how the Nets play this season, and will probably play less than 70 games next season, Deron Williams who is 30 years old and is already a shadow of his former-self, and Joe Johnson who's 33 years old, past his prime and will probably leave in 2016 for a ring after his huge contract is over.

The worst part for the Nets is they have virtually no good young pieces apart from Mason Plumlee, who'll probably only end up a 10/8/1 player anyway, and have zero 1st round draft picks in 2016 and 2018, and will have to swap their pick anyway in 2015 with the Hawks if they get a good pick and with the Celtics in 2017. The Celtics have nearly two-three 1st round draft picks every year and a lot of them are from the Nets. With the new Draft Lottery system giving the top 4 teams all equal chances to win the #1 pick, these could be very very valuable for the Celtics.

This is an exciting time to be a Celtics fan if you are patient, and a pretty damn depressing time to be a Nets fan.

Le Shaqtus
10-05-2014, 02:30 PM
Magic are looking pretty good down the road if the picks pan out.

mattvNJ
10-05-2014, 03:23 PM
i mean its not looking bright haha. But well always have someone willing to spend in the FO... so i guess it could possibly be worse. In the mean time just kinda gotta deal with it. But thats the life of any fan

Now i just wish they stayed in NJ despite the huge boom in value, new fans. ****ing hate going to Brooklyn. Its either a shithole or the other parts are just jam packed with hipster fans

chips93
10-05-2014, 03:48 PM
the nets are definitely in a tough spot, probably the worst in the league long term.

as for the celtics, id rather have some exciting young players, than a bunch of draft picks where you dont know where they will fall.

the cavs had a bunch of extra 1st rounders a couple years back, and in the end all we really got was tyler zeller (we had to package picks to move up) and sergey karasev, both of whom became trade fodder.

from that perspective id rather have the bucks young duo of giannis and jabari.

the magic and jazz both have a bunch of solid young players, without having a obvious star-in-the-making, they should both become good teams in the next few years.

SuperCereal
10-05-2014, 04:28 PM
What future?

Shade8780
10-05-2014, 05:30 PM
A future with a top 6 PG when healthy in Rondo, another guard in Smart with a lot of potential, a top young PF in Sully, and a shitload of future draft picks.

RRR3
10-05-2014, 05:39 PM
A future with a top 6 PG when healthy in Rondo, another guard in Smart with a lot of potential, a top young PF in Sully, and a shitload of future draft picks.
Shade who's in your avy?

Milbuck
10-05-2014, 05:40 PM
Knight
Giannis
Jabari
Henson
Sanders

Shade8780
10-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Shade who's in your avy?
Irish Queen, Georgia Salpa.

So many people have asked me who that is :oldlol:

Shade8780
10-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Knight
Giannis
Jabari
Henson
Sanders
Ok yeah, the Bucks probably have the best future in the league, but the Celtics are pretty close.

Milbuck
10-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Ok yeah, the Bucks probably have the best future in the league, but the Celtics are pretty close.
I like the C's future with Smart, Young, Olynyk, Sully, Bradley, etc. but you really think Rondo's there for the long term? I don't know how your pick situation is, but wouldn't it be better for the future to just tank this season and develop Smart at PG than let Rondo win you games?

Unless you guys were planning on a Phoenix-like 2 PG lineup, in which case that could be sick. Also think I remember reading somewhere that Ainge was looking at Marc Gasol.

Booz Vivic
10-05-2014, 06:00 PM
what about the wolves?

RRR3
10-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Irish Queen, Georgia Salpa.

So many people have asked me who that is :oldlol:
Thank :) <3

MiseryCityTexas
10-05-2014, 08:52 PM
I dont even think the Nets are better than the Atlanta Hawks right now.

mattvNJ
10-05-2014, 08:55 PM
I dont even think the Nets are better than the Atlanta Hawks right now.

Thats not true at all lol. We had a 44