PDA

View Full Version : People think rose and gasol will turn the worst offense in the league into contenders

rlsmooth775
10-05-2014, 08:42 PM
are you people insane

lilteapot
10-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Bulls stans will look for any silver lining behind the massive cloud that is Lebron James

BasedTom
10-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Gasol is pretty good.

The_Pharcyde
10-05-2014, 08:44 PM
You don't know what you are talking about... You just want to make a statement to rile up fans...
Bulls were contenders when they won 62 games in 2011 and 49 out 66 in 2012
That's with boozer and bogans in the starting lineup

Go do your hw and study kid...
Trolling online gets you nowhere in life

JT123
10-05-2014, 08:45 PM
OP has a point. Even when Rose has been healthy the Bulls were never a great offensive team. Gasol has been washed up for a few years now, and if Thibs convinces him to play hard of defense he will have even less energy for offense.

nathanjizzle
10-05-2014, 08:47 PM
mirotic:hammerhead:

nathanjizzle
10-05-2014, 08:47 PM
OP has a point. Even when Rose has been healthy the Bulls were never a great offensive team. Gasol has been washed up for a few years now, and if Thibs convinces him to play hard of defense he will have even less energy for offense.

when has rose been healthy, his 3rd year in the league :roll: :roll: :roll:

no one gives rose a fair shake. he was the youngest mvp in the league.

CoastalRyan
10-05-2014, 08:51 PM
I still don't understand this signing. They're going to ride the wheels off Gasol...I doubt he'll play over 70 games.

From a career standpoint I just don't see why you would go to a team that has no interest in extending your career. SA would have been a much more logical place to sign. They would have eased him in, preserved his health for the postseason and probably added an extra year or two to his career.

rlsmooth775
10-05-2014, 08:55 PM
You don't know what you are talking about... You just want to make a statement to rile up fans...
Bulls were contenders when they won 62 games in 2011 and 49 out 66 in 2012
That's with boozer and bogans in the starting lineup

Go do your hw and study kid...
Trolling online gets you nowhere in life

Look how easy the first year big 3 got rid of them

Dengness9
10-05-2014, 09:05 PM
I still don't understand this signing. They're going to ride the wheels off Gasol...I doubt he'll play over 70 games.

From a career standpoint I just don't see why you would go to a team that has no interest in extending your career. SA would have been a much more logical place to sign. They would have eased him in, preserved his health for the postseason and probably added an extra year or two to his career.

I literally couldn't believe my eyes reading this post. You are far off.

Taj Gibson and Nikola Mirotic are also on the roster, heard of em? Also Aussie big man rookie Bairstow and Nazr to eat up garbage minutes.

The Bulls next 2 big man off the bench are starter caliber to say the least, and can each play 30 mpg each if needed.

Thibs can rest Pau as often as he wants to. Pau is in a great situation flanked by Noah, Taj, and Niko.

brandonislegend
10-05-2014, 09:06 PM
:biggums:

The_Pharcyde
10-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Look how easy the first year big 3 got rid of them

Lost in 5 all in games decided late in the 4th minus game 1 and 2

And that's against prime bron bosh and Wade

You really expect a 3rd year player to take that team out??
No one gets on Lebron for losing an obviously better team in the Spurs so why do we shit on Rose for not winning the MVP and title+ finals MVP in his 3rd year

I promise some people love being stupid

Dengness9
10-05-2014, 09:17 PM
Btw OP

If you can't recognize the collective impact adding Rose, Pau, Mirotic, & McDermott does to a near 50 win playoff team then I see that you are an idiot and I see why you asked the question.

outbreak
10-05-2014, 09:21 PM
They were a near 50 win team without those guys so why wouldn't they become better adding in Rose, Gasol, Mirotic and Mcbuckets? :biggums:

JT123
10-05-2014, 09:23 PM
They were a near 50 win team without those guys so why wouldn't they become better adding in Rose, Gasol, Mirotic and Mcbuckets? :biggums:
Why would the Lakers become worse after adding Steve Nash and Dwight Howard? Adding big names to your team doesn't automatically mean you will be more successful.

ballinhun8
10-05-2014, 09:31 PM
This is the stupidest thread in a long time.

And the ones agreeing with the OP, obviously even bigger morons.

ThemBombs
10-05-2014, 09:37 PM
this Bulls team >>>>> the Bulls team that won 62 games in 2011. barring injuries they should be competing for the best record in the NBA with Cleveland.

anyone who believes that the Bulls won't be elite status after all these added pieces have never watched the Bulls play and don't know what they're talking about.

CoastalRyan
10-06-2014, 11:27 AM

Taj Gibson and Nikola Mirotic are also on the roster, heard of em? Also Aussie big man rookie Bairstow and Nazr to eat up garbage minutes.

The Bulls next 2 big man off the bench are starter caliber to say the least, and can each play 30 mpg each if needed.

Thibs can rest Pau as often as he wants to. Pau is in a great situation flanked by Noah, Taj, and Niko.You're correct Thibs can rest him but judging by how he manages minutes I don't see it happening.

Not counting Rose there were 8 players averaging over 28 minutes a game last season. 7 if you don't count Deng.

Again if you don't count Rose and Deng there were 4 players who averaged over 30 minutes per game and Butler was second in the league in minutes per game.

In comparison the Spurs only had 3 players average over 28 minutes per game and 0(zero) players averaged over 30 minutes per game.

I'm not being critical of Thibs but its clear that he doesn't manage the minutes as much as he leans on his rotation.

Going back to my point about extending the career of players I don't think there's much to compare here. Can you cite any examples of Thibs extending the career of any players through game and minute management? Whereas we can easily point to a half dozen or dozen or so players who have finished off the last 2-3 years of their career playing limited but meaningful minutes for Pop.

Again...I like Thibs, great coach just not the kind of coach that is going to manage minutes. If he can keep Pau's minutes under 25 per game and limit him on back to backs then I'll retract but I don't see that happening.

He will ride him if he's healthy and Pau hasn't exactly been the best of health the last few seasons. He hasn't played 82 games in some 4 or so years.

uber
10-06-2014, 11:48 AM

Thibs can rest Pau as often as he wants to. Pau is in a great situation flanked by Noah, Taj, and Niko.

He's not so far off. Thibs let's his starters play big minutes in the regular season. Pop is the exact opposite.