PDA

View Full Version : hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens): Boston and Dallas

hawkfan
10-06-2014, 02:22 AM
Danny Ainge may look to move Rondo, who will want a big contract at the end of this season and may be tired of the rebuild in Boston, which didn't yield any big free agents this summer.

Boston gets

2 first round picks (top 5 protected)
Brandan Wright (expirer)
Raymond Felton (expirer)
Maybe one more contract as filler

Dallas gets

Rajan Rondo (expirer)
Joel Anthony (expirer)

The Celtics get 2 first round picks and two expires. Wright can be re-traded out - has a reasonable contract and is a solid talent. Felton would probably just be released.

Dallas gets Rondo to help Dallas against Parker, Paul, Westbrook, Conley, et al. Rondo is a star talent and could help push Dallas back into the Finals.

JonatanRey
10-06-2014, 05:02 AM
Rondo is worth more than Brandan Wright and a couple of #25 or #26 draft picks. If you are a team as Dallas plus the addition of Rajon, those first round picks are not too much.

bigt
10-06-2014, 06:18 AM
They won't be great first round picks, kinda think Boston can get better for Rondo if he is set on leaving, at least at this stage

StephHamann
10-06-2014, 06:39 AM
Deal

raiderfan19
10-06-2014, 06:41 AM
No interest in this as a mavs fan. Rondo and Ellis can't play together and Ellis is better than rondo

Walker
10-06-2014, 07:08 AM
Rondo is worth more than Brandan Wright and a couple of #25 or #26 draft picks. If you are a team as Dallas plus the addition of Rajon, those first round picks are not too much.
In todays NBA is he? He can't be considered an elite modern PG due his poor shooting and I'm struggling to think of a single team that 1. doesn't already have a good PG/developing PG and 2. have any "good" assets to move for a player like him :confusedshrug:

I see him in the Monroe boat, would have been a superstar in bye gone eras but their games don't fit into the current, shoot heavy NBA.

JonatanRey
10-06-2014, 07:10 AM
Ellis is better than rondo

Please...

ballup
10-06-2014, 07:41 AM
I'd like to see the overall of how many times a poster has liked your trade ideas compared to the number of times they have hated your trade ideas. I'm willing to bet the ratio is no higher than 1:20.

Terribad trade btw.

raiderfan19
10-06-2014, 07:50 AM
Please...
Can't shoot, most overrated defender in the league(though obviously still better than Ellis) can't really finish, can obviously pass but makes offense worse due to above mentioned issues and he's injury prone.

code green
10-06-2014, 10:21 AM
Can't shoot, most overrated defender in the league(though obviously still better than Ellis) can't really finish, can obviously pass but makes offense worse due to above mentioned issues and he's injury prone.

Rondo doesn't make a team worse, come on. :oldlol:

As long as you have shooters around him, there's no better point guard that can penetrate the D and set his teammates up for easy looks than Rondo (except for maybe Paul). His shooting ability is underrated at this point...people think this is the same Rondo that was playing in 2007. While you can't count on him to can a 3, I'm comfortable with him in the midrange game, and he's one of the best at getting to the rim.

He, Ellis, Dirk, and Parsons would be a great tandem. But if I were Ainge, I'd hang up the phone unless Ellis was in that deal, which would never happen anyway. They're all right with Nelson too.

EDIT: Not to mention expirers are only good if free agents want to come to your team, which players clearly don't for some reason.

JonatanRey
10-06-2014, 11:43 AM

Rondo is definitely a better passer, better leader, better defender, has more basketball IQ, better ballhandling and has been the floor general on a team that has accomplished something. Plus, he has that champion mentality you dont see frequently.

Ellis is just a better scorer, not sure if he is the better shooter. Everything else...

hawkfan
10-06-2014, 02:36 PM
Rondo is better at running the point than Nelson and Harris, and is still a very good defensive player.
So it is an improvement at the point guard position.

Boston should go ahead and move Rondo now, and then tank this year and get a high first round pick.

ralph_i_el
10-06-2014, 04:06 PM
Dallas would be the most exciting team to watch if they made that trade. No better situation for Rondo than that. They aren't giving up enough tho IMO unless Boston is serious about tanking this year