PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets extend Faried. 5yrs/$60mill

kurple
10-06-2014, 03:42 AM
very good deal. i thought for sure faried would get a payraise after the world cup (closer to 14 a season)

no pun intended
10-06-2014, 03:50 AM
I still don't understand why Shaw played him sub-30 minutes last year. He better utilize him more this season.

masonanddixon
10-06-2014, 03:58 AM
Thats a lot of $$$$$$$ for a hustle player with below average defense and no offense

kurple
10-06-2014, 04:02 AM
Thats a lot of $$$$$$$ for a hustle player with below average defense and no offense
where does the no offense myth come from?

he's also the by far most impractfull hustle player in the league, and one of the best if not the best offensive rebounder

he averaged 18/10 in 30+ mpg after the ASG last season. and that was while being the 1st/2nd option, therefor a lot of defensive attention.

masonanddixon
10-06-2014, 04:07 AM
where does the no offense myth come from?

he's also the by far most impractfull hustle player in the league, and one of the best if not the best offensive rebounder

he averaged 18/10 in 30+ mpg after the ASG last season. and that was while being the 1st/2nd option, therefor a lot of defensive attention.

He can't create his own shot and has no post game. He scores off of tip ins, cleaning the basket, fast breaks, etc.

I'm not trying to hate, he's a fun player to watch, and the Nuggets owned my Mavs, but I do not believe he can be a starter on an elite championship caliber squad.

kurple
10-06-2014, 04:19 AM
coach K seems to think otherwise

and he has a really nice right hook. that he uses pretty much every game

he doesnt have a flashy post game with up and unders and spinmoves, but he can back you down and put the ball in the basket when we need it.

masonanddixon
10-06-2014, 04:21 AM
coach K seems to think otherwise

and he has a really nice right hook. that he uses pretty much every game

he doesnt have a flashy post game with up and unders and spinmoves, but he can back you down and put the ball in the basket when we need it.

Yeah I guess we'll see this season. Nuggets should be a lot better with their best player back.

andremiller07
10-06-2014, 04:29 AM
I still don't get why they signed Hickson if they planned to give Faried an extension when they already have McGee on a 12mil + deal. Can't wait to see healthy Gallo + Lawson with Afflalo again, Denver is getting slept on hard.

masonanddixon
10-06-2014, 04:31 AM
I still don't get why they signed Hickson if they planned to give Faried an extension when they already have McGee on a 12mil + deal. Can't wait to see healthy Gallo + Lawson with Afflalo again, Denver is getting slept on hard.

Still can't believe Mcgee got that much $$$$$$$

andremiller07
10-06-2014, 04:32 AM
Somewhat understandable at the time cause he had insane potential and could impact the game with his shot blocking. DJ got the same deal and he only played well last season and was complete garbage the first 3 of his 11+mill deal.

UK2K
10-06-2014, 04:33 AM
I'd give him that deal in a heartbeat.

Nothing like having an athletic freak who plays 100% all game. You can't teach a good motor.

kurple
10-06-2014, 04:35 AM
because of that one game against the Lakers in the playoffs where he played like the 2nd coming of wilt

but we did actually miss his presence of the bench a lot last season

and 'dre. no one gets why we signed hickson, dude is hopeless. just two more years (5mill a yr).

we'll have a lot of cap space in two years, with only lawson and faried on the books

andremiller07
10-06-2014, 04:36 AM
because of that one game against the Lakers in the playoffs where he played like the 2nd coming of wilt

but we did actually miss his presence of the bench a lot last season

and 'dre. no one gets why we signed hickson, dude is hopeless. just two more years (5mill a yr).

we'll have a lot of cap space in two years, with only lawson and faried on the books
Yeah, Lawson/Affalo/Faried is solid building block, maybe go after Monroe next season or something, they got a lot of moveable pieces they are literally 2 deep at every position with starting level players.

kurple
10-06-2014, 04:41 AM
i think shaw wants to give this unit a shot while healthy. see what everyone brings to his system

4AM (eurotime) cant come soon enough.

JonatanRey
10-06-2014, 04:51 AM
Good deal for Denver. Faried is not a superstar and wont be, but he is a hustler and you want to have him in the team. He has improved his shot a lot and could be an All-Star in the next few years.

qrich
10-06-2014, 04:57 AM
Great move by Denver, I really like a duo of Lawson/Manimal, and if you can get Chandler/Gallo healthy, along with an actual C, they can sneak up as high as the fifth seed.

Darius
10-06-2014, 09:42 AM
Faired not a bad offensive player. He has a decent little post game.

12m is okay to pay a guy who could be a 3rd option on a championship team.

StephHamann
10-06-2014, 09:56 AM
Keep getting dem Checks Faried :applause:

gts
10-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Being reported they have to do a little tweaking on the deal... The years and money don't quite work with the current CBA for a player coming off a rookie contract

MP.Trey
10-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Good deal. Nice to see a young big man get his check but at the same time not getting too overpaid.

wally_world
10-06-2014, 12:16 PM
A little much for a roleplayer. But lets see how the new agreement turns out.

NugzFan
10-06-2014, 01:20 PM
With the contracts being given out these days and the new tv deal coming up this is gonna look like a steal in 2 years.

Brizzly
10-06-2014, 01:30 PM
overpaid, he doesn't impact the game, two stupid contracts now for denver.

NugzFan
10-06-2014, 02:20 PM
overpaid, he doesn't impact the game, two stupid contracts now for denver.

McGee? Yes

Faried? No

hawkfan
10-06-2014, 02:35 PM
Good contract, especially considering the cap will go up in a few seasons.
If they can trade away Hickson's contract, they should have enough money for a max player next summer.

Rooster
10-06-2014, 02:37 PM
Overpaid:facepalm

He can't anchor the team defensively and you can't run plays through him offensively nor does he attract defensive attention. Remind me of Brian Grant. Just not enough defense nor offense to be paid that much.

kurple
10-06-2014, 02:40 PM
He can't anchor the team defensively and you can't run plays through him offensively nor does he attract defensive attention. Remind me of Brian Grant. Just not enough defense nor offense to be paid that much.
are you kidding me? you dont have to be a shooter to attract defensive attention

offensive rebounds, vertical spacing (as Spo called it), much improved post game, great in the P'n'R

CeltsGarlic
10-06-2014, 02:48 PM
Good deal for Nuggets if you ask me.

WallIn
10-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Well, if Hibbert has a 60M contract...

Anyway, a decent move for the Nuggets and Kenneth obviously.

gts
10-06-2014, 03:49 PM
overpaid, he doesn't impact the game, two stupid contracts now for denver. overpaid for one season but when the cap rises in the summer of 2016 he'll be underpaid

PleezeBelieve
10-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Good deal for Denver. Faried is not a superstar and wont be, but he is a hustler and you want to have him in the team. He has improved his shot a lot and could be an All-Star in the next few years.
Faried an all star?? :roll::roll::roll: