PDA

View Full Version : The reason LeBron will NEVER be as good as Kobe or Jordan.

russwest0
10-06-2014, 01:57 PM
Footwork (https://vine.co/v/MvOYHngLT9t).

nathanjizzle
10-06-2014, 01:59 PM
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120510103940/invasorzim/es/images/8/88/Mother-of-god-template.jpg

russwest0
10-06-2014, 02:04 PM
Hell, I'd probably contend that ROOKIE Kobe had better footwork than Bran currently does.

Kblaze8855
10-06-2014, 02:04 PM
Hes better than Kobe for mostly physical reasons...but you dont grade on a curve. Hes just more physically capable in a game where your physical talent makes a difference.

But he isnt Jordan because he doesnt have the skill...and the physical differences dont show because Jordan was able to generate the same excellent shots at an even greater rate due to his explosive first step.

If Kobe didnt have to fall back on difficult shots due to being slower than Jordan and smaller/weaker than Lebron he would at least be better than Lebron. Hes clearly more skilled. Arguably as skilled a scorer as there could be.

But he developed that because he cent just walk past guys like they are standing still or bully his way into the lane and not feel contact.

Lebron is Karl Malone with handles, a jumper and passing off the dribble, and a solid spot up 3.

Kobe is Jordan minus a step, some inches off the vertical, and smaller hands but with an obsessive nature that drove him to develop skills to make up for it.

Kobe could be the most skilled of the 3.

But a physical game demands physical traits.

Kobe is a great athlete.

But athletically....those two are gods in human form.

It matters.

And it shows on defense too. Kobe was at his best...a mean defender...because of determination.

Jordan was just as determined or more so on that end...with better lateral speed, hops, and recovery speed.

Lebron is less determined than either...but hes a bigman with guard quickness so he covers hole in a defense like few ever could.

Again...physical differences decide it in the end.

Kobe cant be Jordan because of athletic ability.

Lebron cant be because of skill.

Nobody else hit the sweet spot yet.

juju151111
10-06-2014, 02:06 PM
LJ is already better then Kobe.

russwest0
10-06-2014, 02:06 PM
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120510103940/invasorzim/es/images/8/88/Mother-of-god-template.jpg

Someone posted a video a while ago of Durant hitting a turnaround step back fadeaway jumper in LeBron's face (kind of, he had LeBron so shook that the shot didn't even get contested), and then LeBron went down on the other end and tried the same move, traveled, lost his balance, almost got blocked, and then airballed the shot.

I wish I could find that video again. It was classic.

LongLiveTheKing
10-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Hell, I'd probably contend that ROOKIE Kobe had better footwork than Bran currently does.
All that footwork managed to about 7 points a game for rookie Kobe :lol
Just stop you undercover Kobe stan :oldlol:

russwest0
10-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Hes better than Kobe for mostly physical reasons...but you dont grade on a curve. Hes just more physically capable in a game where your physical talent makes a difference.

But he isnt Jordan because he doesnt have the skill...and the physical differences dont show because Jordan was able to generate the same excellent shots at an even greater rate due to his explosive first step.

If Kobe didnt have to fall back on difficult shots due to being slower than Jordan and smaller/weaker than Lebron he would at least be better than Lebron. Hes clearly more skilled. Arguably as skilled a scorer as there could be.

But he developed that because he cent just walk past guys like they are standing still or bully his way into the lane and not feel contact.

Lebron is Karl Malone with handles, a jumper and passing off the dribble, and a solid spot up 3.

Kobe is Jordan minus a step, some inches off the vertical, and smaller hands but with an obsessive nature that drove him to develop skills to make up for it.

Kobe is a great athlete.

It matters.

And it shows on defense too. Kobe was at his best...a mean defender...because of determination.

Jordan was just as determined or more so on that end...with better lateral speed, hops, and recovery speed.

Lebron is less determined than either...but hes a bigman with guard quickness so he covers hole in a defense like few ever could.

I agree with most of this, I just happen to think that Kobe's skill and mental advantage over LeBron gives him the nod (all "5>2" arguments aside). Sure, he's not as athletic, but he's also not Boris Diaw in terms of athleticism either. I'd also definitely have to put Kobe over LeBron as a defender throughout their careers.

russwest0
10-06-2014, 02:17 PM
All that footwork managed to about 7 points a game for rookie Kobe :lol
Just stop you undercover Kobe stan :oldlol:

How insane of a work ethic does Kobe have to have to go from averaging 7 points per game as a rookie to having a year where he averaged 35 points per game....

This guy's mental drive and competitive fire is INSANE.

LongLiveTheKing
10-06-2014, 02:18 PM
How insane of a work ethic does Kobe have to have gone from averaging 7 points per game as a rookie to having a year where he averaged 35 points per game....

The guys mental drive and competitive fire is INSANE.
Kobe still has a nice work ethic.
Still LeBron>>>Kobe>>>KD

russwest0
10-06-2014, 02:19 PM
Kobe still has a nice work ethic.
Still LeBron>>>Kobe>>>KD

2>5>0?

Kblaze8855
10-06-2014, 02:22 PM
Kobe is more skilled than Lebron. But the only purpose of offensive skill is generating a good shot.

Lebron can get a good one easier than Kobe.

A faceup drive for a layup isnt as iconic as a fadeaway...but it gets the job done at a higher rate.

Jordan had the benefit of getting the layup at a better rate than Lebron(on command at least) and being more capable than Kobe of getting the position he wants for a jumper.

Kobe might be(is) better making an equally difficult shot.

Jordan and Lebron are forced into less of them due to physical talent.

Kobe makes admirable shots and struggles to get easy ones.

Lebron makes easy ones and struggles on the hard ones(relative to Kobe and Jordan).

Jordan does whatever the defense makes the right decision.

He walks the line between worlds both of them are for the most part a prisioner in.

He has nothing you can take away.

russwest0
10-06-2014, 02:26 PM
I still think that Kobe's 2012/2013 season is one of the most underrated ever.

Averaging 26/6/6 on 46% at 35 years old on a highly dysfunctional, injured, and poorly coached team ain't no joke.

35 years old and doing things like this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQd2h4X0O2E)... Absolutely insane. We'll have to see if LeBron can put up that production at age 35.

fpliii
10-06-2014, 02:31 PM

Averaging 26/6/6 on 46% at 35 years old on a highly dysfunctional, injured, and poorly coached team ain't no joke.

35 years old and doing things like this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQd2h4X0O2E)... Absolutely insane. We'll have to see if LeBron can put up that production at age 35.
Incredibly underrated clutch performance. :applause:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Not a LeBron hater, but when you see sh*t like this, you cant help but think of player manufacturing. That is disrespectful to all that is fundamental about basketball.

Kblaze8855
10-06-2014, 02:32 PM
I...just cant see Jordan or Lebron having that bad a season wins wise with that roster.

Lebron and Dwight are clowns in ways(Dwight especially)...but you dont combine them and be a 7th-8th seed even in the west.

People just decided they were not talented after it didnt work.

Even with the injury issues that should have been a good team.

Probably would have been with a second healthy season together. They started to pull it together...

Prometheus
10-06-2014, 02:32 PM

:oldlol: for real looks like that retarded kid on the playground who doesn't understand travelling

SamuraiSWISH
10-06-2014, 02:33 PM

Lebron makes easy ones and struggles on the hard ones(relative to Kobe and Jordan).

He walks the line between worlds both of them are for the most part a prisioner in.

:eek:

ImKobe
10-06-2014, 02:39 PM

27/6/6, and Kobe started off on FIRE while the rest of the team just stunk it up BADLY

Kobe averaged 28/5/5/2 on 49/39/87 shooting in his first 20 games... Kobe had a 10-game stretch, where he scored at least 30 every game, averaged 34/5/5/1/1 on 46/39/83 shooting in those games, he had an amazing stretch from end of November to January 33 ppg on 47% shooting for a 17-game stretch, where he consistently had a 25-40 pt game.

if Kobe even had a half-decent team around him that year (that wouldn't constantly get injured with D-leaguers having to start), he would have won 50+ games and been in the MVP race, the heavy load of minutes thrown on him due to all the injuries limited his efficiency by the end of the season (though he still had some GREAT games, clutch games), he could have easily averaged 26/5/5 on 49% shooting on a contender that season, he was so great physically. Had some of the best dunks of the year, posterizing two bigger guys at once, dunking around Josh Smith mid-air, that poster on Pekovic :biggums:

I feel like that was Kobe's last year of greatness, and possibly his best individual year since 09, if only it wasn't wasted on a bad-back D12 and a roster filled with a bunch of tired old scrubs that missed every other game while Kobe played 40+ minutes a game after spraining his ankle badly (which most athletes would take weeks to recover from, Kobe went back the next game and tried to play on it, even though he could barely run...).

LongLiveTheKing
10-06-2014, 02:41 PM
2>5>0?
Yup.

CavaliersFTW
10-06-2014, 02:53 PM
I'm sorry but :roll:

russwest0
10-06-2014, 02:56 PM
I...just cant see Jordan or Lebron having that bad a season wins wise with that roster.

Lebron and Dwight are clowns in ways(Dwight especially)...but you dont combine them and be a 7th-8th seed even in the west.

Probably would have been with a second healthy season together. They started to pull it together...

LeBron would have been a better fit with Dwight because he wouldn't have held him as accountable as Kobe and would have screwed around with him more.

As soon as Kobe steps on the court, he only cares about one thing and thats winning. As soon as he saw where Dwight's priorities were it was clear that it just wasn't going to work out. I remember him publicly criticizing Dwight not playing through pain and also Dwight not taking practice seriously enough. Sure, maybe Kobe could have handled it better but when you have 5 rings like he does, I think you can say whatever the **** you want.

JT123
10-06-2014, 02:58 PM

QFT. For all the excuses about injuries Dwight still played in 76 games. Dwight and Kobe alone should warrant at least a top 4 seed. As much as the posters on this site try to diminish Harden, even he managed to get a top 4 seed with nothing more than Howard. :oldlol:

russwest0
10-06-2014, 03:01 PM
QFT. For all the excuses about injuries Dwight still played in 76 games. Dwight and Kobe alone should warrant at least a top 4 seed. As much as the posters on this site try to diminish Harden, even he managed to get a top 4 seed with nothing more than Howard. :oldlol:

The Harden/Kobe comparison there doesn't work right at all.

As bad as McHale is he's still better than Mike Brown. And while Dwight was a new addition to the team last year, they still had plenty of continuity with guys like Beverley, Lin, Harden, Parsons, Jones, Asik, etc. That Lakers squad was just thrown together overnight with a horrible coach left to help guide them through a bunch of injuries and chemistry problems.

I knew from the get go that that Lakers team wasn't going to do shit because they were too old and injury prone Mike Brown is just too bad of a coach.

Nowitness
LeBron would have been a better fit with Dwight because he wouldn't have held him as accountable as Kobe and would have screwed around with him more.

As soon as Kobe steps on the court, he only cares about one thing and thats winning. As soon as he saw where Dwight's priorities were it was clear that it just wasn't going to work out. I remember him publicly criticizing Dwight not playing through pain and also Dwight not taking practice seriously enough. Sure, maybe Kobe could have handled it better but when you have 5 rings like he does, I think you can say whatever the **** you want.

Bean cares about getting his shots and bullying team mates.

Difference between guys like Kobe and guys like KG? Opponents of Kobe love him, team mates despise him. Opponents hate KG, team mates adore him.

Then again, when you refuse to shoot against a team to prove a point and lose the game and series the only thing you care about certainly is not winning.

lilteapot
OP thinks the only way to have good footwork is to be able to do up and under moves in the low post

HurricaneKid
10-06-2014, 03:06 PM
As soon as Kobe steps on the court, he only cares about one thing and thats winning.

No. God no. Its insane anyone could even get this out without laughing.

russwest0
10-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Bean cares about getting his shots and bullying team mates.

Difference between guys like Kobe and guys like KG? Opponents of Kobe love him, team mates despise him. Opponents hate KG, team mates adore him.

Then again, when you refuse to shoot against a team to prove a point and lose the game and series the only thing you care about certainly is not winning.

Watching Bill Simmons try to PRAISE LeBron for that shit had me laughing my ass off. I'll give LeBron that, he ****ed up so bad with the "Decision" and got so much criticism that the media now sees it as their mission to praise everything he does, good or bad.

PJR
10-06-2014, 03:14 PM
LeBron out weights Jordan and Kobe by 50lbs each. He's also duck footed. It simply not realistic for him to operate in the same exact fashion.

And LeBron is better than Kobe ever was, regardless.

JT123
10-06-2014, 03:15 PM
The Harden/Kobe comparison there doesn't work right at all.

As bad as McHale is he's still better than Mike Brown. And while Dwight was a new addition to the team last year, they still had plenty of continuity with guys like Beverley, Lin, Harden, Parsons, Jones, Asik, etc. That Lakers squad was just thrown together overnight with a horrible coach left to help guide them through a bunch of injuries and chemistry problems.

I knew from the get go that that Lakers team wasn't going to do shit because they were too old and injury prone Mike Brown is just too bad of a coach.
You do realize that Mike Brown was fired after 5 games right? :no:
D'antoni is a solid coach, and has a much better resume than McHale. I'm also pretty sure that the 2010 Heat were "thrown together overnight." At the end of the day there is no excuse for a player of Kobe's caliber to barely make the playoffs with a teammate like Howard, who despite being injured was still the best big man in the league.

russwest0
10-06-2014, 03:16 PM
LeBron out weights Jordan and Kobe by 50lbs each. He's also duck footed. It simply not realistic for him to operate in the same exact fashion.

I agree with this, and this is why someone knowledgeable here made the Karl Malone comparison.

The problem with the media is that they always try to compare LeBron to guys like Kobe and Jordan instead.

SamuraiSWISH
10-06-2014, 03:26 PM
The problem with the media is that they always try to compare LeBron to guys like Kobe and Jordan instead.
Because along with those two guys, he's ones of the best two way perimeter players of all-time. Probably the 3 best period. MJ is the standard measuring bar universally, or all-time. Kobe was the bar of the current league. Safe to say LeBron has passed him, even without the same refined footwork, and scoring skill.

russwest0
10-06-2014, 03:26 PM
Because along with those two guys, he's ones of the best two way perimeter players of all-time. MJ is the standard universally. Kobe was the bar of the current league. Safe to say LeBron has passed him, even without the same refined footwork, and scoring skill

LeBron will "pass him" when over half of his finals series don't end with him getting outplayed by a role player and then either bailing on his team or publicly deflecting the blame.

JT123
10-06-2014, 03:33 PM
LeBron will "pass him" when over half of his finals series don't end with him getting outplayed by a role player and then either bailing on his team or publicly deflecting the blame.
You're getting Kobe and Lebron confused again. Lebron has NEVER blamed his teammates for a playoff series loss.

russwest0
10-06-2014, 03:40 PM
You're getting Kobe and Lebron confused again. Lebron has NEVER blamed his teammates for a playoff series loss.

Eh, I guess so, but the way he answers everything is always in such a way that takes the pressure completely off of him to perform. It's like the 2011 Finals when some reporter questioned his late game play and he got all pissy and said that "you aren't looking at my defense" or some shit like that while he was clearly playing like shit.

It's a large part of the reason he gets so much media love now. Because of the way he answers everything based on what would personally benefit him the most.

Meanwhile Kobe isn't afraid to throw it all out there and say shit like "A year I don't win a championship is a wasted year of my life" because he can handle the pressure.

KirbyPls
10-06-2014, 04:07 PM
Yea, he has his holes as a player. Or in his mentality. Some strong elements of cowardice too, or his own selfish agenda. But so does Kobe. They're both like two sides of the same coin.

Kobe spent most of his career being an entitled, spoiled douche. Many disliked him. He wasn't confident, he was cocky. A selfish, me first gunner. Whose ultimate agenda was his rank among the game's elite all-time. Every means was justified to him for that end. It wasn't always about winning.

As evidence by his beefs with Shaq, with Phil, with Dwight, and his general playing style. Inability to co-exist with Shaq, an easy route to mulitiple championships, no matter how childish we found out he ultimately is as well was the most tell tale sign of his selfish ahenda. Kobe almost bolted to the Clippers, or Chicago in 2004. Publically pouted and asked to be traded again in 2007. Lakers management always came through for him. It's an attractive destination for players.

LeBron was a coward, felt the pressure to win now, and win as easily as possible. Coupled with Cleveland's inability to get him a solid second option to legitimize the rest of the roster, and their ability to win championships. So he bailed for Miami. Then kind of did it again this summer after that cast became washed up. Sold it to the public under the guise of "coming home".

Kobe was too stubborn to make stuff work with Dwight, which would've allowed him to still compete for championships. As well as taking a max deal, that removed LA's chances for building a roster around him to compete for championships. It leads me to believe Kobe isn't about winning at this point. He's content with his 5 rings, and just wants max money per year, and to gun his way without much team resistance for the 2nd, or All-Time scoring leader. It's a legacy move.

Both Kobe, and LeBron have their strengths, as well as flaws. To praise one over the other for non basketball related issues is stupid, because both of their individual mentalities, even games have flaws. With that said, LeBron is the better player, and will porbably end up having the better resume as well.

:applause:

ArbitraryWater
10-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Hey Handsome

RoundMoundOfReb
10-06-2014, 04:52 PM
He's been better than Kobe has ever been for 5 seasons (09, 10, 12, 13, 14). And pretty much as good as Kobe has ever been since he was 20...

Hey Yo
10-06-2014, 05:04 PM
Someone posted a video a while ago of Durant hitting a turnaround step back fadeaway jumper in LeBron's face (kind of, he had LeBron so shook that the shot didn't even get contested), and then LeBron went down on the other end and tried the same move, traveled, lost his balance, almost got blocked, and then airballed the shot.

I wish I could find that video again. It was classic.
If the above actually happened, you would post it 3x a day and probably have 5 back-up copies of it.

russwest0
10-06-2014, 05:19 PM
If the above actually happened, you would post it 3x a day and probably have 5 back-up copies of it.

When I'm not as busy as I am now, I'll find it and then PM you a link.

pauk
10-06-2014, 05:24 PM
Hm...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=michael+jordan+traveling

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kobe+bryant+traveling

...lets see somebody beat Jordan's 6 steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yibQYwITuqA

russwest0
10-06-2014, 05:25 PM
:oldlol: for real looks like that retarded kid on the playground who doesn't understand travelling

It's about as bad as his "crab dribble" explanation :lol

Sportal
10-06-2014, 05:37 PM

Kobe is a great athlete.

It matters.

I think that's probably the best post on the subject I've seen, ever.

RonSwanson
10-06-2014, 05:52 PM

2 out of 5 were just him establishing position

CavaliersFTW
10-06-2014, 06:15 PM
2 out of 5 were just him establishing position
:lol

K Xerxes
10-06-2014, 06:21 PM
He's always been very clumsy with his footwork, but he has made great strides (pun intended) to improve his post game, which has come a long way since his Cavs days. It may not be very pretty but it's actually become a very effective tool in his arsenal, and he virtually requires a double team whenever he posts up. He deserves credit for this. He will probably never become Jordan, but he is an all time great player in his own right. As is Kobe.

ralph_i_el
10-06-2014, 06:39 PM
Yea, he has his holes as a player. Or in his mentality. Some strong elements of cowardice too, or his own selfish agenda. But so does Kobe. They're both like two sides of the same coin.

Kobe spent most of his career being an entitled, spoiled douche. Many disliked him. He wasn't confident, he was cocky. A selfish, me first gunner. Whose ultimate agenda was his rank among the game's elite all-time. Every means was justified to him for that end. It wasn't always about winning.

As evidence by his beefs with Shaq, with Phil, with Dwight, and his general playing style. Inability to co-exist with Shaq, an easy route to mulitiple championships, no matter how childish we found out he ultimately is as well was the most tell tale sign of his selfish ahenda. Kobe almost bolted to the Clippers, or Chicago in 2004. Publically pouted and asked to be traded again in 2007. Lakers management always came through for him. It's an attractive destination for players.

LeBron was a coward, felt the pressure to win now, and win as easily as possible. Coupled with Cleveland's inability to get him a solid second option to legitimize the rest of the roster, and their ability to win championships. So he bailed for Miami. Then kind of did it again this summer after that cast became washed up. Sold it to the public under the guise of "coming home".

Kobe was too stubborn to make stuff work with Dwight, which would've allowed him to still compete for championships. As well as taking a max deal, that removed LA's chances for building a roster around him to compete for championships. It leads me to believe Kobe isn't about winning at this point. He's content with his 5 rings, and just wants max money per year, and to gun his way without much team resistance for the 2nd, or All-Time scoring leader. It's a legacy move.

Both Kobe, and LeBron have their strengths, as well as flaws. To praise one over the other for non basketball related issues is stupid, because both of their individual mentalities, even games have flaws. With that said, LeBron is the better player, and will porbably end up having the better resume as well.
A+ post dude

SamuraiSWISH
10-06-2014, 09:42 PM
A+ post dude
Thanks bro

They both have their admirable attributes

Kobe: Metal toughness, work ethic, skill over athleticism
LeBron: Great teammate, endearing leader, willing passer

Both have their faults

Kobe: Cockyness, selfish
LeBron: Front runner, passiveness

Best of both worlds is in the middle, I believe.

Round Mound
10-06-2014, 10:05 PM

Kobe is a great athlete.

It matters.

:applause:

DatAsh
10-06-2014, 10:14 PM
Lebron's never really had great footwork, but he makes up for it in other ways.

unbreakable
10-06-2014, 10:15 PM
LOL @ KBLAZE

"durr durr Lebron is stronger so hes better DERP DERP"

if lebrons strength was so GREAT That it made up for his lack of skill, he'd have more than 2 rings right now. FACTS. As it stands, he only has 2 rings because his STRENGTH hasnt allowed him to develop a deadly outside JUMPER or killer ALPHA INSTINCT to take over games the way Kobe's SKILL has allowed him to.

checkmate, BLAZE :pimp:

j3lademaster
10-06-2014, 10:48 PM
...lets see somebody beat Jordan's 6 steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yibQYwITuqAThis is really reaching. Every perimeter player does this in triple threat. Lebron and Wade do this over ten times a game combined, if it were called every time a 48 min game would run for like 3 hours. Corey Maggette might have been worse than all of them, but he didn't have the ball as often and no one cared enough about him to put him under the same microscope.

Jameerthefear
10-06-2014, 10:56 PM
No. Just no. Lebron is much better than Kobe and Jordan.

Real14
10-07-2014, 12:04 AM
LeBron: Great teammate, endearing leader,

I don't know about all of this.

Real14
10-07-2014, 12:05 AM

REPORTED.

ball4life27
10-07-2014, 12:23 AM
Hakeem has better footwork than shaq but shaq is better, so lebron>kobe

Real14
10-07-2014, 12:26 AM
Hakeem has better footwork than shaq but shaq is better, so lebron>kobe
:facepalm

sportjames23
10-07-2014, 01:10 AM

Go to bed, little bitch.

aj1987
10-07-2014, 01:36 AM
Thanks bro

They both have their admirable attributes

Kobe: Metal toughness, work ethic, skill over athleticism
LeBron: Great teammate, endearing leader, willing passer

Both have their faults

Kobe: Cockyness, selfish
LeBron: Front runner, passiveness

Best of both worlds is in the middle, I believe.
How can you list work ethic for Kobe and not LeBron. Kobe is one of the hardest working players of all time, but so is LeBron. Dude literally improved almost every season of his career by adding something. Also, mental toughness? Come on, dude. This ain't 2011 anymore. Kobe choked as many times as LeBron.

FPJ
10-07-2014, 02:23 AM
I wonder if there's a competent person (bball related) left who thinks Kobe is/was better than Lebron.

AirFederer
10-07-2014, 02:40 AM
Kobe is more skilled than Lebron. But the only purpose of offensive skill is generating a good shot.

Lebron can get a good one easier than Kobe.

A faceup drive for a layup isnt as iconic as a fadeaway...but it gets the job done at a higher rate.

Jordan had the benefit of getting the layup at a better rate than Lebron(on command at least) and being more capable than Kobe of getting the position he wants for a jumper.

Kobe might be(is) better making an equally difficult shot.

Jordan and Lebron are forced into less of them due to physical talent.

Great post:applause:

Cold soul
10-07-2014, 02:40 AM
I wonder if there's a competent person (bball related) left who thinks Kobe is/was better than Lebron.

Actually there quite a few out there that believe Kobe was better than Lebron at his best and not just Laker fans believe that. I have no problem with people that say Lebron peak was better than Kobe peak, but my god those that say it isn't even close are way off base and wrong.

guy
10-07-2014, 10:34 AM
Lebron isn't on Jordan's level......and neither is Kobe. They are much closer to each other then they are to Jordan, so people sound completely stupid when they try to lump Kobe with Jordan and try to separate him from Lebron. They both have their fair share of embarrassing performances where they didn't come close to expectations, both have a relative lack of accomplishments in some category (Lebron - rings, Kobe - MVPs/FMVPs), and both fall short of Jordan in the majority of categories. So just stop it.

ArbitraryWater
10-07-2014, 10:43 AM
LeBron is much closer to MJ than Kobe...

Comparing Kobe to LeBron is pretty insulting.

unbreakable
10-07-2014, 10:48 AM

youre right. comparing the 2 is very insulting to Kobe, who has almost THREE TIMES as many championships as Lebron

Warfan
10-07-2014, 10:49 AM
LeBron is much closer to MJ than Kobe...

:facepalm :oldlol:

The_Pharcyde
10-07-2014, 10:55 AM
:facepalm :oldlol:

An insulted fool

Dragonyeuw
10-08-2014, 12:26 PM

Good overall post, but on the bolded point... if this is the case, then Kobe has it wrong in terms of what's best for his GOAT legacy. If the objective at this point is gunning for the all-time scoring record, that's not going to do as much for his legacy as winning another ring, IF the goal is to have a career on-par with him. Kareem has more points than MJ, so does Karl Malone, so clearly MJ isn't *generally* considered GOAT on the basis of having more points than anyone else. Winning a 6th ring as the man makes the MJ/Kobe conversation WAY more intriguing.