PDA

View Full Version : Are Muslims the new Blacks/Gays?

sweggeh
10-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Easy targets for racists and those who discriminate? Most demonized? I think so. I guess society always needs to have at least one group as its punching bag.

Nowitness
10-06-2014, 03:10 PM
Easy targets for racists and those who discriminate? Most demonized? I think so. I guess society always needs to have at least one group as its punching bag.

Nope. You see, black people have no choice but to be black. Gay people claim they have no choice in choosing their sexual orientation.

Muslims CHOSE to follow Islam. An ideology, and as such it is liable to be scrutinized and destroyed if it is redundant or wrong, just as was done with Communism.

Islam is the biggest threat to the Western World today. Just as the Catholic Church was in the 1930s, just as Christianity has.

I agree most people who hate on Islam are racist in disguise who are fine with other religions. But there are many who simply see that it is more violent than other religions today.

sweggeh
10-06-2014, 03:17 PM
Nope. You see, black people have no choice but to be black. Gay people claim they have no choice in choosing their sexual orientation.

Muslims CHOSE to follow Islam. An ideology, and as such it is liable to be scrutinized and destroyed if it is redundant or wrong, just as was done with Communism.

Islam is the biggest threat to the Western World today. Just as the Catholic Church was in the 1930s, just as Christianity has.

I agree most people who hate on Islam are racist in disguise who are fine with other religions. But there are many who simply see that it is more violent than other religions today.

I could argue it would be easier to turn a gay person straight than to turn a devout Muslim into an Atheist.

I personally dont believe in most of the religions out there today but I believe in the right of every man and woman to believe what they want to be believe and live how they want to live free of discrimination as long as they do not hurt others. Terrorists hurt people and they are rightly punished and seen in a bad light by everybody including Muslims. What kinda makes me sad is normal Muslim people who making a living for their family just like anyone else being the victim of physical abuse or slander for something that is out of their control.

Dresta
Are Nazis the new blacks? Are KKK members the new blacks?

What an idiot you are.

KyrieTheFuture
Kind of but they're not really a minority

Patrick Chewing
10-06-2014, 03:21 PM

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10600838&postcount=20

Attacking Islam for having violence in it coming from a ****in Jew is enough to make me piss myself with laughter.

sweggeh
10-06-2014, 03:22 PM
Are Nazis the new blacks? Are KKK members the new blacks?

What an idiot you are.

Who the **** are you :oldlol:

sweggeh
10-06-2014, 03:23 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10600838&postcount=20

Whats racist about what I said? I just said I found it funny that a Jew was talking about the violence in the Quran when you think about all the crazy shit in the Torah. I have no problems with Jews.

Nowitness
10-06-2014, 03:23 PM
I could argue it would be easier to turn a gay person straight than to turn a devout Muslim into an Atheist.

I personally dont believe in most of the religions out there today but I believe in the right of every man and woman to believe what they want to be believe and live how they want to live free of discrimination as long as they do not hurt others. Terrorists hurt people and they are rightly punished and seen in a bad light by everybody including Muslims. What kinda makes me sad is normal Muslim people who making a living for their family just like anyone else being the victim of physical abuse or slander for something that is out of their control.

Of course it would be easier. One likes to sleep with men, the other believe if they don't surrender to Islam eternal punishment awaits.

As do I, and if you want to quietly believe in one of the three Abrahamic Gods, or the Greek Pantheon, or Zoroastrianism go ahead, just don't tell me.

I disagree however with wish thinking, with claims like there is a better reason to believe than not to, to mutilate children, mistreat women, consider Atheist infidels... All religions do these kind of things.

99% of religious people will commit an evil act in their life based on faith.

.Circumcision
.Mental torture (claiming someone will go to hell)
.Anti-contraception/stem cell research/abortion
.Faith schools
.Mistreating women
.Refusing to adapt to modern life

Most religious people follow some of these things, all of which affect more than simply the believer.

sweggeh
10-06-2014, 03:34 PM
Of course it would be easier. One likes to sleep with men, the other believe if they don't surrender to Islam eternal punishment awaits.

As do I, and if you want to quietly believe in one of the three Abrahamic Gods, or the Greek Pantheon, or Zoroastrianism go ahead, just don't tell me.

I disagree however with wish thinking, with claims like there is a better reason to believe than not to, to mutilate children, mistreat women, consider Atheist infidels... All religions do these kind of things.

.Circumcision
.Faith schools
.Mistreating women

Most religious people follow some of these things, all of which affect more than simply the believer.

I understand all of what you are saying and we are going a little off topic here but the fact is none of us know for sure what will happen when we die. Nobody. We may think we know or believe it fully but no one knows for sure. So we cant go around telling people what they can or cant believe. This issue isnt so black and white, and to get a properly functioning society it is important to integrate peoples personal beliefs while also maintaining a level of sensitivity to the needs of each citizen and trying to keep a balance of giving people their own free will and allowing them to do what they think is best for their children and their family while also trying do whats best for each individual. Its a fine line and its very difficult to juggle these things and for the balance to be perfect, but if you start telling people what they can and cant believe, how to raise their children and generally taking control of their lives then suddenly your motives would seem a lot more sinister.

Nick Young
10-06-2014, 04:34 PM
Islam is not a race. It is a religion, like Mormonism and Scientology.

Nanners
10-06-2014, 04:35 PM
Islam is not a race. It is a religion, like Mormonism and Scientology.

gay is not a race either...

sweggeh
10-06-2014, 04:48 PM
gay is not a race either...

Exactly. Im talking about groups of people. Why exactly he is spouting off about race is a bit perplexing.

Patrick Chewing
10-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Exactly. Im talking about groups of people. Why exactly he is spouting off about race is a bit perplexing.

You brought race up in your thread title you dolt. You're equating Muslims with Blacks and then mentioning racists in your post as if the only people that discriminate are racists.

sweggeh
10-06-2014, 05:22 PM
You brought race up in your thread title you dolt. You're equating Muslims with Blacks and then mentioning racists in your post as if the only people that discriminate are racists.

Blacks are a group. Gays are a group. Muslims are a group. They all have that in common.

Racists do hate Muslims just like they hate Blacks. I've seen Indians who arent Muslim being abused and discriminated against because of Islamaphobia and they arent even Muslim! Of course theres a racist element involved, I dont know how you can deny that.

Burgz V2
10-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Blacks are a group. Gays are a group. Muslims are a group. They all have that in common.

So are the beach boys, boys II men and the ****ing backstreet boys. But it doesn't necessarily mean they belong in the same breath. Sure, those examples maybe taken out of context of what you are tabling for discussion, but that is in essence what you have done here as well, and that doesn't absolve you from making a completely ridiculous thread.

What if you belong to more than one of those groups? They are not mutually exclusive groups. The very fact that you haven't even acknowledged that means you've set the bar so low for this conversation that it would take too long to even get to the point where anything more than vapid drivel could be posted.

russwest0
10-06-2014, 05:34 PM
I don't have a problem with blacks or gays as a whole. Muslims, eh, I guess not though I consider all religious people to be ignorant to some degree.

Religion makes normal people do crazy, stupid, hurtful, and insane things. And Muslims sure as hell ain't free from that.

theballerFKA Ace
10-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Don't compare a Muslim with gays please, that could be a literal death sentence to that person if he or she is tied to homosexuality in some Muslim countries.

poido123
10-06-2014, 06:18 PM

You spend a lot of time defending Islam.

Jet
10-06-2014, 07:14 PM
Gay people don't cut off your head if you refuse to turn gay.

97 bulls
10-06-2014, 07:39 PM

.Circumcision
.Faith schools
.Mistreating women

Get off your high horse. Theres just as many evil atheists (per capita) as there are religious people.

You atheists need to cut the elitist bull crap.

Dresta
10-06-2014, 07:59 PM

Racists do hate Muslims just like they hate Blacks. I've seen Indians who arent Muslim being abused and discriminated against because of Islamaphobia and they arent even Muslim! Of course theres a racist element involved, I dont know how you can deny that.
And Nazis are a group and white supremacists are a group, even the Manson family was a group.

What is your point?

Burgz V2
10-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Get off your high horse. Theres just as many evil atheists (per capita) as there are religious people.

well said.

religion is what you bring to it.

Nowitness
10-06-2014, 09:29 PM

See this is where fools like you step in. I did not claim that there are no evil Atheists, nor did I say Atheist are better people. The only difference is when I commit an evil act I have no justification. Religious people do.

Name me one good action or moral statement made by a believer that I could not do. (You can't).

Then name me just one evil thing a religious person does which can only be justified by religion (I listed many above) and thus I could not get away with and get back to me. Religion is an excuse used to commit terrible acts simply by saying "My God said so".

97 bulls
10-06-2014, 11:50 PM
QUOTE=Nowitness]See this is where fools like you step in. I did not claim that there are no evil Atheists, nor did I say Atheist are better people. The only difference is when I commit an evil act I have no justification. Religious people do.
No. Religious fanatics do. Based on your statements, its clear you penalize Religion/God for everything a religious person does.

Name me one good action or moral statement made by a believer that I could not do. (You can't).
I agree. But believing in God helps. Again. It's the elitist attitude that I'm confronting.

Then name me just one evil thing a religious person does which can only be justified by religion (I listed many above) and thus I could not get away with and get back to me. Religion is an excuse used to commit terrible acts simply by saying "My God said so".
What you're missing is that most of these fanatics hide behind religion to do evil. And honestly, anyone can take just about any circumstance to twist and justify their actions. Atheist included

The quote in bold was made by Jeffery Dahmer. An admitted atheist. He justified his actions by feeling atheism doesn't hold one accountable for their actions. Should we lump you in with him? Im sure if he was a Christian, you would blame christianity for his actions.

"If a person doesn’t think there is a God to be accountable to, then—then what’s the point of trying to modify your behavior to keep it within acceptable ranges? That’s how I thought anyway. I always believed the theory of evolution as truth, that we all just came from the slime. When we, when we died, you know, that was it, there is nothing…"

senelcoolidge
10-07-2014, 12:00 AM
I think overweight people and old people are the new muslims..so much hate towards them.

Dresta
10-07-2014, 05:49 AM
See this is where fools like you step in. I did not claim that there are no evil Atheists, nor did I say Atheist are better people. The only difference is when I commit an evil act I have no justification. Religious people do.

Rubbish. Non-religious idiots commit evil acts all the time in the name of things like general utility. Every evil act will be justified by the doer, and most will be justified so as to not make the doer evil, to provide him with justification for his nasty actions - all human beings do this. That's why all dogmatic (and therefore intolerant) ideologies are dangerous.

****, i mean to me, some of the stuff people who aim to 'better the public health' do to others in the name of their cause is disgusting and evil, and also a dogmatic and ideological crusade against people who are different.

Nowitness
10-07-2014, 10:47 AM
Rubbish. Non-religious idiots commit evil acts all the time in the name of things like general utility. Every evil act will be justified by the doer, and most will be justified so as to not make the doer evil, to provide him with justification for his nasty actions - all human beings do this. That's why all dogmatic (and therefore intolerant) ideologies are dangerous.

****, i mean to me, some of the stuff people who aim to 'better the public health' do to others in the name of their cause is disgusting and evil, and also a dogmatic and ideological crusade against people who are different.

If I take a stone to my kids dick and cut it up I'm pretty sure if I told you I was Atheist you'd be disgusted.

Yet when someone says the Bible or God told me to no-one bats an eye. Of course if I did something evil I would try to justify it, but it wouldn't be accepted. Yet, most of what Ii listed earlier is accepted by mass society. See the difference?

And what exactly do Atheists do in the name of Atheism?

Nick Young
10-07-2014, 10:49 AM
http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/gl506b4960.jpg

Nowitness
10-07-2014, 10:51 AM
No. Religious fanatics do. Based on your statements, its clear you penalize Religion/God for everything a religious person does.

Everything I listed - as I clearly stated - are things most religious people will do in their life. I didn't mention suicide bombing and those who murder apostates for a reason.

And no I don't. When it is done in the name of faith - again, everything I listed above are justified by faith. I also give credit, if they give to charity I will accept that it is because of their faith. Which at the same time is an insult to the human race. Thinking with out a totalitarian being in the sky we'd not give to charity, or give blood, or have morals....

Dresta
10-07-2014, 11:37 AM
If I take a stone to my kids dick and cut it up I'm pretty sure if I told you I was Atheist you'd be disgusted.

Yet when someone says the Bible or God told me to no-one bats an eye. Of course if I did something evil I would try to justify it, but it wouldn't be accepted. Yet, most of what Ii listed earlier is accepted by mass society. See the difference?

And what exactly do Atheists do in the name of Atheism?
I would be disgusted if anyone did that. Why are you equating me with people who think those things? They are idiotic and also completely irrelevant to the point of yours i criticised.

Atheists frequently create their own destructive and quasi-religious ideologies in their own search for meaning and purpose.

HitandRun Reggie
10-07-2014, 12:21 PM
I sometimes chat with Indian owner of the 7-11 I get my coffee at in the morning. He's a Sikh. I asked him if anyone ever confuses him with a Muslim. He says to me(in a perfect Simpsons Apu voice)," Fvck those Muslims, I'm from the Punjab Province, there are very few Muslims in my state but they are breeding like rabbits in the south. I fear they are going to take over my country one day and they cause all kinds of problems, they don't get along with Hindus and Sikhs. Most them are poor and can't even read."

It's almost like he was talking about people of a different race.

97 bulls
10-07-2014, 01:41 PM
Everything I listed - as I clearly stated - are things most religious people will do in their life. I didn't mention suicide bombing and those who murder apostates for a reason.
Lol. And you classified that list (which was comical at best) as being "evil acts". My rebuttal was that all people commit evil acts and justify it in some form or fashion.

And no I don't. When it is done in the name of faith - again, everything I listed above are justified by faith.
You don't have to religious in order to do the things on your list. Come on.

I also give credit, if they give to charity I will accept that it is because of their faith. Which at the same time is an insult to the human race. Thinking with out a totalitarian being in the sky we'd not give to charity, or give blood, or have morals....
Lol you atheist are incredible. Morals??????? Totalitarian??????? Who sets these morals? Should there be penalties for not following them? And if so wouldn't that be one of the "evil acts" you listed? "Mental touture". What if my morals dictate that its ok to not take care of my children? Should I be forced to do it? Even threatened? Technically, im not hurting anyone.

Nick Young
10-07-2014, 01:42 PM
I sometimes chat with Indian owner of the 7-11 I get my coffee at in the morning. He's a Sikh. I asked him if anyone ever confuses him with a Muslim. He says to me(in a perfect Simpsons Apu voice)," Fvck those Muslims, I'm from the Punjab Province, there are very few Muslims in my state but they are breeding like rabbits in the south. I fear they are going to take over my country one day and they cause all kinds of problems, they don't get along with Hindus and Sikhs. Most them are poor and can't even read."

It's almost like he was talking about people of a different race.
India is like the most racist and prejudiced country in the world dawg.

Nowitness
10-07-2014, 01:50 PM
Lol. And you classified that list (which was comical at best) as being "evil acts". My rebuttal was that all people commit evil acts and justify it in some form or fashion.

You don't have to religious in order to do the things on your list. Come on.

Lol you atheist are incredible. Morals??????? Totalitarian??????? Who sets these morals? Should there be penalties for not following them? And if so wouldn't that be one of the "evil acts" you listed? "Mental touture". What if my morals dictate that its ok to not take care of my children? Should I be forced to do it? Even threatened? Technically, im not hurting anyone.

You still aren't getting it. Fine, tell me how I can justify telling people they will go to hell as an Atheist, or circumcise my kid as an Atheist, or be against contraception as an Atheist...

No, you don't have to be religious, you have to be religious however to get away with it. What the hell are you talking about?

JEFFERSON MONEY
10-07-2014, 02:26 PM
Lulz.

I wonder if a Gay Black Muslim Male has a shot at earning life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

The first image that comes to mind is a cross between early 90s Tyson and the burger guy from True Blood.

Can't even imagine someone other than a macho top at this point.

sweggeh
10-07-2014, 02:40 PM
Lulz.

I wonder if a Gay Black Muslim Male has a shot at earning life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

The first image that comes to mind is a cross between early 90s Tyson and the burger guy from True Blood.

Can't even imagine someone other than a macho top at this point.

There must be a black muslim struggling with homosexuality out there who enjoys Nickelback and dabbles in the Brony fandom. God bless him.

97 bulls
10-07-2014, 02:43 PM
You still aren't getting it. Fine, tell me how I can justify telling people they will go to hell as an Atheist,
As an Atheist? You can't obviously. But you called telling people what Gods punishment is for those who don't follow his command, an evil act. Where we disconnect is when you say that thats wrong. Why? Because you have no problem punishing people for doing what YOU deem as an evil act. You're a hypocrite.

or circumcise my kid as an Atheist, or be against contraception as an Atheist...
Doctors encourage parents to circumcise their children. Because its healthier and cleaner. But the bible says we no longer have to be circumcised. And show me where the bible says that contaception is wrong.

No, you don't have to be religious, you have to be religious however to get away with it. What the hell are you talking about?
Come on. They use religion as a means to justify their greed. Its obvious a lot of them dont believe what they preach. If Osama Bin Laden really believed he had a reward of 72 virgins, slaves and riches etc, why hide in some obscure dump, jacking off to Witney Houston vids? Why not strap a bomb to his back and get that reward? Islam is nothing more than the toll used to justify his need for power. Hell he was working with Christians at one point.

Wake up.

Nick Young
10-07-2014, 03:03 PM
http://contrecourant1.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/palestine-drapeau-reich.jpg