PDA

View Full Version : Is KD all but gone if OKC doesn't win it all in the next 2 years?

Fudge
10-06-2014, 11:01 PM
I was thinking about this in class all day. It just crossed my mind. Knowing 2016 is right around the corner, this shit got a niga stressin. Blanked out on a midterm today just thinking about the feels i'm gonna get.

I'm worried. WORRIED AF. I'm on the verge of a mental collapse already because NBA ball hasn't started, what more if Kevin leaves my city for some shitty team like the Wizards...or Raptors? I don't know what I would do. I'm gonna lose sleep for weeks, which results in me skipping class the next morning, which will lead to severe depression...again. :facepalm

What say you, guys? Y'all think he's gonna bounce if OKC as a team pulls a 2011 LeBron these next few years? I need some legitimate opinions on this. No fufu shit.

Genaro
10-06-2014, 11:03 PM
If he doesn't win a ship until there is quite possible.

Jameerthefear
10-06-2014, 11:04 PM
Who cares?

Legends66NBA7
10-06-2014, 11:05 PM
I honestly can't see him leaving. He has a good cast and they draft very well.

Fudge
10-06-2014, 11:06 PM
If he doesn't win a ship until there is quite possible.
Shits has me worried. What you think he gunna do?

Cocaine80s
10-06-2014, 11:06 PM
Im not one to switch teams but theres always that option brother

SOD 21
10-06-2014, 11:07 PM
This is a fun talking point but I doubt that Kevin Durant leaves Oklahoma City.

Their core group of players around him from Russell Westbrook, Ibaka, Reggie Jackson, Stephen Adams, Jeremy Lamb, Andre Roberson, Perry Jones, McGary are all going to be two years older and either in their prime or on the verge of entering it. I don't think going to another team will offer him the supporting cast that he has in Oklahoma City.

He will have a top-five player on his team, the best shot blocker in the league, maybe the best sixth man in the league, one of the best three-point shooters in the league, and numerous young and talented players on the roster.

In addition to the accumulation of talent and development other young players, Oklahoma City can also offer him an extra year and additional money. He also seems very invested in the franchise and the community.

Fudge
10-06-2014, 11:09 PM
This is a fun talking point but I doubt that Kevin Durant leaves Oklahoma City.

Their court group of players around him from Russell Westbrook, Ibaka, Reggie Jackson, Stephen Adams, Jeremy Lamb, Andre Roberson, Perry Jones, McGary are all going to be two years older and either in their prime or on the verge of entering it. I don't think going to another team will offer him the supporting cast that he has in Oklahoma City.

In addition to the accumulation of talent and development other young players, Oklahoma City can also offer him an extra year and additional money. He also seems very invested in the franchise and the community.
:cheers: :banana:

Thank you for this.

You're cheering me up, dude. You smart. You loyal. You grateful. I appreciate that.

j3lademaster
10-06-2014, 11:11 PM
Where would he go?

pg- WB
sg- Lamb
sf- KD
pf- Iblocka
c- Adams

Can't ask for a much better squad than that moving forward.

SOD 21
10-06-2014, 11:13 PM
Sam Presti has been preparing for this day for several years and accumulating young talent to have a roster ripe for a championship when he becomes a free agent in two years.

People on these message boards like to give Kevin Durant and Oklahoma City crap for their failure in the last two postseasons since the James Harden trade. But honestly, they have been very unfortunate with injuries in these last two years that have definitely impacted their ability to return to the finals.

All they really need is a little bit of luck in staying healthy in the postseason and Scott Brooks doing a better job of developing his young players during the regular season.

Fudge
10-06-2014, 11:22 PM
Where would he go?

pg- WB
sg- Lamb
sf- KD
pf- Iblocka
c- Adams

Can't ask for a much better squad than that moving forward.
Cleveland

Kyrie Irving
Dion Waiters
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Kevin Love

Legends66NBA7
10-06-2014, 11:24 PM
Cleveland

Kyrie Irving
Dion Waiters
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Kevin Love

These servers would never recover if this happened.

hawksdogsbraves
10-07-2014, 12:55 AM
I think there's a decent chance. It helps that Presti has done such a good job building that team around him for sure, but when they're really the only contender who won't go into the luxury tax to try and make that final push, it worries you.

Plus OKC isn't really the biggest draw as a town.

He seems like a loyal dude though, I would think he wants to stay and win a ring with that core.

navy
10-07-2014, 01:05 AM
Durant will leave if

A) The team loses continually early
B) He doesnt like Westbrook
C) Team implodes from injury/mismanagement

Safe to say he will stay. The future still looks good for OKC because the core is young.

RoseCity07
10-07-2014, 01:09 AM
If I'm KD I want them to trade Ibaka and get a real big that can score down low. If they don't start making moves to get OKC into true elite status then I'd want to leave. That being said, I think he's a loyal guy. I don't think he's ever leaving OKC. Even if he wants to leave secretly, he'll stay.

I<3NBA
10-07-2014, 05:52 AM
cue the "I'm tired of being 2nd" speech.

then he says "I'm taking my service to _____ city."

Mr Exlax
10-07-2014, 06:15 AM
I don't get why people keep bringing up loyalty. You don't think KD got to see just how unloyal the OKC front office is? They trade not 1, but 2 of your closest friends in Jeff Green and then James Harden. That had to show him that they look out for their best interests and he will do the same. How or why do you people expect players to stay with the teams that drafted them, but be ok with teams trading other players they've drafted?

NZStreetBaller
10-07-2014, 06:30 AM
Cleveland

Kyrie Irving
Dion Waiters
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Kevin Love

then they all lose to an old ass spurs :roll:

Nash
10-07-2014, 06:53 AM
Cleveland

Kyrie Irving
Dion Waiters
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Kevin Love
Kobe to Cleveland after his contract expires.

Irving
Kobe
Durant
Lebron
Love

No hate, just love. ISH unite :applause:

Dresta
10-07-2014, 06:55 AM
He gonna take his talents to south beach

Lateralus
10-07-2014, 03:55 PM
He coming to htown. Harden and KD are BFF :rockon:

Fudge
10-07-2014, 04:12 PM
He coming to htown. Harden and KD are BFF :rockon:
:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Mr Exlax
10-07-2014, 04:17 PM
:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

I honestly think that too

J Shuttlesworth
10-07-2014, 04:18 PM
It's true. KD/JH are great friends. BTW, check this article that just came out

:lol

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24741917/report-rockets-plan-on-recruiting-kevin-durant-with-james-harden

thefatmiral
10-07-2014, 04:26 PM
they are too good to keep losing for the next few years

Fudge
10-07-2014, 04:27 PM
It's true. KD/JH are great friends. BTW, check this article that just came out

:lol

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24741917/report-rockets-plan-on-recruiting-kevin-durant-with-james-harden
But they ain't BFF's. Not some Fudge/Budadiiii type shit tho.

JimmyMcAdocious
10-07-2014, 04:56 PM
Cleveland

Kyrie Irving
Dion Waiters
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Kevin Love

Durant adds weight to become a center like ISH speculates he can. Then Wiggins comes back to Cleveland because it was all a ruse, a la LeBron.

Kyrie Irving
Andrew Wiggins
LeBron James
Kevin Love
Kevin Durant

smoovegittar
10-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Wait til he gets that phone call from Fish in June. You gonna root for the Knicks, Fudgie?

Fudge
10-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Wait til he gets that phone call from Fish in June. You gonna root for the Knicks, Fudgie?
It's possible, bro. I'm going wherever he goes.

ayy lmao

10-07-2014, 06:53 PM
As a Seattle Sonics fan, I would like to see KD (and Russell Westbrook) leave and see if those OKC fans will continue to support lottery bound seasons.

r15mohd
10-07-2014, 07:09 PM
He may just be this generation Karl Malone :rolleyes:

retaxis
01-11-2015, 08:24 AM
I was thinking about this in class all day. It just crossed my mind. Knowing 2016 is right around the corner, this shit got a niga stressin. Blanked out on a midterm today just thinking about the feels i'm gonna get.

I'm worried. WORRIED AF. I'm on the verge of a mental collapse already because NBA ball hasn't started, what more if Kevin leaves my city for some shitty team like the Wizards...or Raptors? I don't know what I would do. I'm gonna lose sleep for weeks, which results in me skipping class the next morning, which will lead to severe depression...again. :facepalm

What say you, guys? Y'all think he's gonna bounce if OKC as a team pulls a 2011 LeBron these next few years? I need some legitimate opinions on this. No fufu shit.
Dude ur 33 and still studying ? Bit late no?

navy
01-11-2015, 10:13 AM
No. Unless they sign Westbrook to an extension and we learn he doesnt actually like Westbrook.

Which doesnt seem true at all.