PDA

View Full Version : Report: Sony may reboot Spider-Man to crossover with Avengers if...

Jordan-esque
10-07-2014, 11:32 PM
Assuming their latest spin-off movie "Sinister Six" in 2016 completely bombs...

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/10/07/spider-man-marvel-sony/?hootPostID=7c1b038a8036f7014d52339388e16826

[quote]Entertainment Weekly

Will Spidey be joining Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, and Black Widow on the big screen in the near future? No. Sources on both sides confirm that much. But a few years from now

outbreak
10-07-2014, 11:36 PM
I'm getting sick of all the reboots going on. Marvels cancelling the fantastic four comics as well so that the film makers can't take their stories to try and force them to give the rights back so they can be in the avengers universe.

BurningHammer
10-08-2014, 12:15 AM
The comic-based movie will soon oversaturate.

ZeN
10-08-2014, 12:23 AM
Will never happen

Droid101
10-08-2014, 12:43 AM
Marvel was stupid to sign that ridiculous contract over to Sony in the first place. Same thing with their X-Men contract.

Imagine the goddamn possibilities.

Qwyjibo
10-08-2014, 01:41 AM
Why?

Spider-man is too strong of a character to get lumped in with the Avengers. They would be spreading themselves too thin between him, Iron Man, and Captain America as primary characters. Characters like Thor and Hulk, yeah, they definitely need to be side-players and, IMO, can't carry interesting films on their own. This would be a waste of the Spider-man character.

Droid101
10-08-2014, 01:59 AM
What possibilities? X-Men films have been good, for the most part. Besides, I wouldn't want crossovers with them. :coleman:
They've been great.

Also, all the big universal storylines The Avengers/Guardians of the Galaxy are introducing involve many of the X-Men characters.

So... we need Marvel to control what's happening going forward, so we can combine characters where necessary.

Droid101
10-08-2014, 02:00 AM
Characters like Thor and Hulk, yeah, they definitely need to be side-players and, IMO, can't carry interesting films on their own.
Both of whom have 2 solo films. "Interesting" or not, I watched all of them and none of the new Spiderman movies (in fact, I never watched the third Spiderman of the first trilogy; too stupid).

Don't underestimate Marvel.

Kblaze8855
10-08-2014, 07:33 AM
Spider-man is too strong of a character to get lumped in with the Avengers.

I might agree if it were just a movie thing....

Spiderman actually was an Avenger. Twice I think.

He and Wolverine. There are existing stories covering it.

Not like they pulled it out of their ass in a "How can we mash more stars into this?" way.

Half the marvel universe has been an avenger. I think Blade was an avenger.

They have a little credibility on this one.

rezznor
10-08-2014, 09:05 AM
Marvel was stupid to sign that ridiculous contract over to Sony in the first place. Same thing with their X-Men contract.

they were going bankrupt in the 90's. they had no choice.

Jailblazers7
10-08-2014, 09:14 AM
Why?

Spider-man is too strong of a character to get lumped in with the Avengers. They would be spreading themselves too thin between him, Iron Man, and Captain America as primary characters. Characters like Thor and Hulk, yeah, they definitely need to be side-players and, IMO, can't carry interesting films on their own. This would be a waste of the Spider-man character.

They already have the "Civil War" storyline that they could use to incorporate all 3 characters really well. The story basically pitted Iron Man vs Captain America and Spiderman faced a moral dilemma while he tried to pick a side.

Bandito
10-08-2014, 09:49 AM
Both of whom have 2 solo films. "Interesting" or not, I watched all of them and none of the new Spiderman movies (in fact, I never watched the third Spiderman of the first trilogy; too stupid).

Don't underestimate Marvel.
Except the last two Spiderman trumps Thor and Hulk and you obviously have bad tastes in movies. :facepalm:

ZeN
10-08-2014, 09:59 AM

Stupid? They were going bankrupt. The only reason they survived was by selling the right to all their major titles. It sucks that they ended up in that position. However we wouldn't have the Marvel world we have now if they hadn't done it. Plus, the fact that Disney ended up buying them up and like Pixar still allowed them to spearhead all creative.

rezznor
10-08-2014, 10:14 AM
Except the last two Spiderman trumps Thor and Hulk and you obviously have bad tastes in movies. :facepalm:

you're crazy. the last spiderman was terrible. it was almost as bad as the sandman/venom one

ZeN
10-08-2014, 10:18 AM
you're crazy. the last spiderman was terrible. it was almost as bad as the sandman/venom one
+1

Droid101
10-08-2014, 11:47 AM
Norton's Hulk is lowkey one of the best Marvel films
Agree. Really sad they didn't get Norton for Avengers. I really dislike the other guy (well, guys... wasn't a big fan of Bana either).

rezznor
10-08-2014, 12:07 PM
Agree. Really sad they didn't get Norton for Avengers. I really dislike the other guy (well, guys... wasn't a big fan of Bana either).

Norton was a pain to work with and clashed with the Marvel people during the filming of the Hulk. That plus his salary demands meant he wasn't ever coming back.

ErhnamDjinn
10-08-2014, 01:03 PM
I disliked the new rebooted spiderman. I hope the rights go back to marvel.

Qwyjibo
10-08-2014, 01:19 PM
I thought it was average and unnecessary, much like the first Amazing Spider-man. But "average" still beats out both Thor movies every single day, IMO.

YaoArizaClutch
10-08-2014, 01:57 PM
Most marvel movies in general are butt or at best average.
:facepalm

rezznor
10-08-2014, 02:30 PM
I thought it was average and unnecessary, much like the first Amazing Spider-man. But "average" still beats out both Thor movies every single day, IMO.

I felt like the Thor movies were average but spiderman3 and ASM2 were wretched.

niko
10-08-2014, 09:24 PM
There is no chance of this happening. None.

LongLiveTheKing
10-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Amazing Spiderman 2 was terrible.
There is to many awkward/cringe-worthy moments in the movie.

Jordan-esque
10-14-2014, 02:28 AM
Just anncounced (re-announced)...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/Civil-War-2015-a2b41.jpg

Spider-man played a huge role in the Civil War storyline, which now looks to be set for Captain America 3.

Bandito
10-14-2014, 06:48 AM
Still better than Thor and the Hulk...

Lebron23
10-14-2014, 07:11 AM
Garfield is a good spiderman, but he's too old to play Peter Parker. Cast some actor who at least in their early 20's. He's 31 yrs.old already.

Bandito
10-14-2014, 07:52 AM
Garfield is a good spiderman, but he's too old to play Peter Parker. Cast some actor who at least in their early 20's. He's 31 yrs.old already.
Garfield in his thirties 0.o

He doesn't seem to be that old...

Lebron23
10-14-2014, 08:01 AM
Garfield in his thirties 0.o

He doesn't seem to be that old...

If they are planning to reboot the film. They need to cast a younger spiderman.

Bandito
10-14-2014, 08:13 AM
If they are planning to reboot the film. They need to cast a younger spiderman.
They should cast a negro spiderman after showing the death of Garfield as Spiderman.

Jordan-esque
12-12-2014, 01:45 PM
IGN: Parent company Sony Japan not happy with Sony USA's handling of Spider-Man, may still want to renegotiate with Marvel

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/12/10/more-on-the-sonymarvelspider-man-situation

[quote][size="2"]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/-o1CcXGJ5Wo/hqdefault.jpg

While that revelation came via leaked e-mails and documents (more fallout from the Sony hacking scandal) uncovered by The Wall Street Journal, today Latino Review reports on some additional inside info on the subject.

For starters, LR

DeuceWallaces
12-12-2014, 01:46 PM
There is no chance of this happening. None.

Actually looks like it almost did happen, and it's likely to happen unless Sinister absolutely kills at the box office.

rezznor
12-12-2014, 02:00 PM

marvel was bankrupt. it was out of necessity

rezznor
12-12-2014, 02:08 PM
IGN: Parent company Sony Japan not happy with Sony USA's handling of Spider-Man, may still want to renegotiate with Marvel

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/12/10/more-on-the-sonymarvelspider-man-situation
this would be great. Sony is hurting right now, not just their movies but company-wide. hell, they've even resorted to crowdfunding to fund one of their upcoming projects.

this deal puts most of the risk on marvel's shoulders, but give marvel back creative control. win/win. i don't care who makes the money, but marvel getting spidey back in their stable is something we can all agree with.