PDA

View Full Version : Nets 2014-2015 Game Discussion Thread

Nets fan 93
10-08-2014, 12:58 PM
http://k30.kn3.net/taringa/B/9/F/B/2/7/BiggestBoss/689.png

Lost some players and gained some players. The core of Williams, Johnson, and Lopez is still intact, including Kevin Garnett. Let's see what these nets have this season.

Feel free to talk about any game, pre-game, during-game, post-game.

Go Nets!
:cheers:

gigantes
10-08-2014, 05:09 PM
sounds like they had a very solid start against a respectable opponent, beating maccabi tel aviv 111 - 94.

dwill apparently looked like his old self, but that also leads to a bit of frustration... as in, why couldn't he have had his ankles cleared of bone fragments last offseason instead of this one? the nets might well have knocked off the heat, if so.

oh well, whatever.

somehow this season feels more promising to me than last year. more realistic expectations, more up-and-coming talent on the roster, a better system, a more sane budget, and a better plan going forward.

meanwhile paul pierce is doing the sour grapes thing in washington, while wizards fans are not pleased about how old he's looking. it might have gotten ugly with hollins if the nets had brought him back...

MTing
10-15-2014, 03:56 AM
With low expectations this season, hopefully we'll have less headaches this year. As long as everyone is healthy I think we can get a decent seed in the playoffs.

This is going to be the first season I can't watch every Nets game live because I moved to the West Coast :(. I did subscribe to Ball streams though which is basically league pass but cheaper.

Here's to another season with my fellow Nets fam:cheers:

gigantes
10-15-2014, 01:27 PM
Here's to another season with my fellow Nets fam:cheers:
sounds like you graduated and and went on to your next school or began a career. :cheers:

MTing
10-15-2014, 10:25 PM
sounds like you graduated and and went on to your next school or began a career. :cheers:
The latter :).

It's pretty crazy to think I've been part of this forum for almost 9 years. I know we haven't been as active as we were back in the NJ days but it's cool that a few of us are still around.

gigantes
10-15-2014, 10:52 PM
The latter :).

It's pretty crazy to think I've been part of this forum for almost 9 years. I know we haven't been as active as we were back in the NJ days but it's cool that a few of us are still around.
pardon any rudeness upon my part... but you make us proud, bro.

let's kick ASS this season! woof!

MTing
10-16-2014, 01:12 AM
pardon any rudeness upon my part... but you make us proud, bro.

let's kick ASS this season! woof!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-kqAdBumQCwg/T751amxxtjI/AAAAAAAABPA/0v6-CQ2kNQE/s1600/nets-fan.gif

Nets fan 93
10-17-2014, 01:18 AM
MTing- I use the same site. Cheaper league pass without blackouts. Also has an archive for every single game. Ballstreams is awesome :)

Nets fan 93
10-30-2014, 11:42 AM
So, let's just forget that game against Boston ever happened.... I have a bad feeling about the next game against the pistons. Their front like is ridiculous.

gigantes
10-30-2014, 06:03 PM
new coach, new system, brook dealing with an injury... this may take a few games.

Nets fan 93
10-31-2014, 03:06 AM
So okc has a lot of injuries.... Including Russel Westbrook who has a fracture in his hand. Should most likely be out for the game against the nets as well as Kevin Durant... In the nets home opener

MTing
10-31-2014, 05:35 AM
So okc has a lot of injuries.... Including Russel Westbrook who has a fracture in his hand. Should most likely be out for the game against the nets as well as Kevin Durant... In the nets home opener
Hope we'll have Brook back by that game. We need him really badly.

Nets fan 93
11-01-2014, 03:27 AM
No Brook Lopez against the Pistons tonight. Plumlee is gonna have his hands full with Drummond/Monroe/Smith.

gigantes
11-02-2014, 07:30 PM
seems to me that how brook is used by the staff is going to make a very large impact on the season.

i mean, do you try to improve his rebounding numbers at the expense of his better areas?

how far do you push him at all given his foot problems? maybe just let him do whatever he's comfortable with and adjust from there?

do you try to run a low-post offense through him or do you lean more towards his very good midrange game with plumdog and others down low to gobble rebounds?

what happens if he stagnates the offense, as he's sometimes done in the past?

is the PnR flex offense really a good fit for him in the first place?

we've got questions... do you have answers?

Nets fan 93
11-03-2014, 05:23 PM
The only one I can guess on, gigantes, is that there is no way Hollins doesn't go to Lopez is the low post. Iirc, Hollins said he wanted to utilize Lopez in the post and he wanted to see less jumpshots. Though Lopez does have a nice mid range jumpshot.

Game day today against the banged up Thunder. Brook Lopez returns to the starting lineup. Reggie Jackson( their sixth man) is expected to start to the injured Russell Westbrook after Jackson was just injured as well originally.

Kiddlovesnets
11-04-2014, 03:14 PM
It was a good win, just amazing. I dont remember seeing this team winning games like this last year. We may have a worse rosters than last year, but the chemistry is actually better.

MTing
11-07-2014, 05:11 AM
Crappy way to blow the TWolves game but at least there were positives. DWill continues to look healthy (knock on wood) and Joe is clutch as always. Brook still looks rusty and I'm glad we don't have to vs Pekovic more than twice. Brook gets manhandled by him every time they meet.

MTing
11-08-2014, 04:03 AM
Always feels good to beat the Knicks :cheers:

Nets fan 93
11-08-2014, 12:23 PM
Always feels good to beat the Knicks :cheers:
Feels even better watching Deron blow by Shumpert numerous times and light him up. :applause:

gigantes
11-08-2014, 05:47 PM
just as a side-wish, i hope the cavs get it together here. i gained respect for lebron for coming back, but i worry about people here setting too lofty goals for this season.

most of the time when i go to a bar and a game is on, it's going to be the cavs. rarely do i get to see the nets when i'm out. so you know... i don't want to be around a bunch of bitter, unhappy cavs fans. they're already kind of woe-is-me just because they're clevelanders.

It's A VC3!!!
11-08-2014, 07:16 PM
Nets need a win tomorrow vs the Magic before they embark on a three-game road stand against really good teams. We have the Suns and Warriors on a back-to-back followed by the Blazers two days later.

The Nets are looking real good offensively and are playing solid, but inconsistent defense. If they can tighten up the defense the season will be a good one.

gigantes
11-08-2014, 08:28 PM
dunno how good the defense is ever going to be with this year's team. AK47 has become too much of a liability to get much burn, s-dot is gone, and the rest of the team average on the old side and are pretty much mediocre defenders as individuals. maybe plumdog can make some defensive strides and hollins can get more from them as a group, i dunno...

MTing
11-08-2014, 08:44 PM
just as a side-wish, i hope the cavs get it together here. i gained respect for lebron for coming back, but i worry about people here setting too lofty goals for this season.

most of the time when i go to a bar and a game is on, it's going to be the cavs. rarely do i get to see the nets when i'm out. so you know... i don't want to be around a bunch of bitter, unhappy cavs fans. they're already kind of woe-is-me just because they're clevelanders.
You turning into a Clevelander gigs?

gigantes
11-09-2014, 06:21 AM
You turning into a Clevelander gigs?
growing up in three continents, but mainly philly PA... i don't think i'll ever feel at home here. but i try to make friends and be friendly wherever i go.

EDIT: btw, anyone who hasn't seen this dope-ass article:
http://www.netsdaily.com/2014/11/8/7178347/nets-beat-knicks-because-they-executed-the-game-plan

MTing
11-09-2014, 08:57 PM
growing up in three continents, but mainly philly PA... i don't think i'll ever feel at home here. but i try to make friends and be friendly wherever i go.

I know the feeling. West coast has been great to me so far but I miss the east every day.

Nets fan 93
11-10-2014, 04:29 PM
Nets need a win tomorrow vs the Magic before they embark on a three-game road stand against really good teams. We have the Suns and Warriors on a back-to-back followed by the Blazers two days later.

The Nets are looking real good offensively and are playing solid, but inconsistent defense. If they can tighten up the defense the season will be a good one.
Agreed. Especially from Lopez. He allowed 17 points to Vucevic in the third quarter yesterday. 27-11 through 3 quarters altogether. In the 4th Lopez was benched and Garnett played the 5. Vucevic was held to 0 points and one rebound that quarter....

Tough road stretch ahead this week.AND When the Nets return to Brooklyn they're gonna be going up against Miami. They're gonna have to find ways to win. The Nets have had a lot of close games besides the NYK and OKC games, against some pretty mediocre opponents. This is where it's time to play even harder. All the teams coming up playoff bound and are among the best in the whole association.

Legends66NBA7
11-11-2014, 07:55 PM
Just came across this.

Nets’ Joe Johnson rips teammates for ‘selfish’ play despite 4-2 start

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/11/nets-joe-johnson-rips-teammates-for-selfish-play-despite-4-2-start/

The Nets are off to a 4-2 start to the season, but all is not well, at least in Joe Johnson‘s eyes.

The player who leads the team in scoring (19.8) and field goal attempts (16) per game went on an unprovoked tirade at shootaround Tuesday, telling reporters that players have been looking out for themselves on the offensive end of the floor, and only look to involve others once they’ve run out of personal options.

From Devin Kharpertian of The Brooklyn Game:

“It’s just- as individuals, as players, (we have to) have each other’s backs out there,” Johnson vented to the media after the team’s Tuesday afternoon practice. “I just felt, I didn’t believe it. I go back, and I watch the tape, and I watch film just to try to get a different perspective, and I mean, my feelings haven’t changed.”

“It’s just kind of what it is. Defensively, we help from time to time, offensively, I just think guys kind of exhaust their options and then when there’s nothing else for them, then they’ll pass it when they have to. For the most part, we’ve been very selfish.” …

“It wasn’t like that in preseason,” Johnson added. “Preseason, the ball moved freely, it just seems like it’s really not doing that right now.” …

“I’m not hiding anything,” Johnson vented after the team’s practice Tuesday. “We’re 4-2 six games into the season, but it’s early. We haven’t played anybody, and the Minnesota game (is) obviously a game we should’ve won. I thought this last game that we played against Orlando was almost a carbon copy.”

There were no individual teammates called out during this rant, but it’s obvious Johnson hasn’t liked what he’s seen to this point in the season, despite the decent start from a won-loss perspective.

Brooklyn’s wins have come against Detroit, Oklahoma City, the Knicks and the Magic. One loss came in blowout fashion on opening night in Boston, and the other was a loss at home to the Timberwolves.

There’s plenty of work to do for this Nets team; Brook Lopez needs to improve to the point where Lionel Hollins trusts him in the fourth quarter, and there are likely cohesiveness issues on the offensive end that need to be ironed out as Johnson mentioned. Discussing those publicly aren’t likely to help the situation, but Johnson is normally more quiet about these things, so whatever’s going on must truly be troublesome in order for him to decide to speak out.

Not sure what Joe was getting at. He didn't really call anyone out, but this could either help or break the Nets this season. I say that because look what happened to the Pacers last year with Roy Hibbert's "There are some selfish guys in here" comments.

What do Net fans think about this ?

It's A VC3!!!
11-11-2014, 08:46 PM
I don't like the Joe comments solely because it might make Deron change his style of play and aggressiveness. Deron has been playing stellar basketball and these recent comments by Joe might make Deron play a more passive style of basketball. Hopefully that's not the case, though.

MTing
11-11-2014, 10:41 PM
I love it. When has Joe ever called out anyone in his career? I can't remember a single time he's been this vocal. I think he's stepping up to be more of a vocal leader, something we need (KGs great but we can't have him being the only guy). I don't think it'll break this team, in fact I think it'll help us. We're 4-2 and it's great to see that guys aren't satisfied with the record. I know last year and the year before that we would have just said "a win is a win" and moved on but guys are hungrier this year. To be honest we should have been 6-0 or 5-1 at least because we didn't face any playoff teams. It's just great to see Joe isn't satisfied with that.

Also I don't think he was talking about Deron. It was probably the bench. Mason has been a lot more aggressive this season looking for his shot which has been kind of frustrating. He had 3 or 4 oppourtunites to kick it out to a wing player for a wide open 3 yesterday but decided to shoot a contested layup with 3 players surrounding him. Jack has also been lack luster and Mirza took some low percentage shots too.

gigantes
11-11-2014, 11:41 PM
i think it's really cool... like joe cool... that the MVP of last season would go semi-public with this.

better to work it out now.

this time of year is exactly when you want these inevitable conflicts, and crunch time (late season and playoffs) is exactly when you don't.

niko
11-12-2014, 12:39 AM
I love it. When has Joe ever called out anyone in his career? I can't remember a single time he's been this vocal. I think he's stepping up to be more of a vocal leader, something we need (KGs great but we can't have him being the only guy). I don't think it'll break this team, in fact I think it'll help us. We're 4-2 and it's great to see that guys aren't satisfied with the record. I know last year and the year before that we would have just said "a win is a win" and moved on but guys are hungrier this year. To be honest we should have been 6-0 or 5-1 at least because we didn't face any playoff teams. It's just great to see Joe isn't satisfied with that.

Also I don't think he was talking about Deron. It was probably the bench. Mason has been a lot more aggressive this season looking for his shot which has been kind of frustrating. He had 3 or 4 oppourtunites to kick it out to a wing player for a wide open 3 yesterday but decided to shoot a contested layup with 3 players surrounding him. Jack has also been lack luster and Mirza took some low percentage shots too.

It's not the bench. It's Deron and Brook and Jack and the euros. People are playing very well offensively. Individually. Do you know Lopez has 1 assist in the last 4 games, something ridiculous like that. He doesn't get hockey assists either, he doesn't pass.

If there's a problem, him speaking about it is worlds better than him just sitting on it and letting it fester. IMO.

MTing
11-12-2014, 01:29 AM
It's not the bench. It's Deron and Brook and Jack and the euros. People are playing very well offensively. Individually. Do you know Lopez has 1 assist in the last 4 games, something ridiculous like that. He doesn't get hockey assists either, he doesn't pass.

If there's a problem, him speaking about it is worlds better than him just sitting on it and letting it fester. IMO.
How exactly do you know this? Deron has not stopped the ball or taken forced shots at all this season. I don't know why Joe would be calling him selfish.

It's A VC3!!!
11-13-2014, 12:14 PM
horrible loss. defense was crap in the second half. nets are so widely inconsistent that it hurts my brain and leaves me wondering why and how they can be so inconsistent. they played like the dream team in the first quarter, superb in the second quarter and then went to an anemic style of play in the second half. it all starts with defense. this entire league is predicated on defense. the nets played none in the second half and it allowed them to relinquish a 19 point lead. it's only going to go downhill from here.

Nets fan 93
11-13-2014, 02:54 PM
How exactly do you know this? Deron has not stopped the ball or taken forced shots at all this season. I don't know why Joe would be calling him selfish.
Because he wasn't. Most likely Lopez.

That loss last night was horrible. I mean I saw the whole first half and was very pleased. Only got to watch bits and pieces of the 2nd half. So I don't know what exactly happened... But it looks bad when the nets were up by 19. So I can only imagine.

Edit/also:
To everyone:
thanks for all of your analysis and thoughts! Glad we can all interact and accept each-others opinions! Makes us one of the better forums here :) -GO NETS :)

MTing
11-13-2014, 07:39 PM
The offense was a thing of beauty in the first half. Everyone was unselfish, looking for the extra pass and hitting the open looks. The second half was the complete opposite. I don't know what happened but suddenly it became a 1 on 1 fest where they gave the ball to Joe and got out the way.

Also Jarrett Jack was awful. I miss Shaun Livingston.

gigantes
11-13-2014, 08:30 PM
To everyone:
thanks for all of your analysis and thoughts! Glad we can all interact and accept each-others opinions! Makes us one of the better forums here :) -GO NETS :)

we're a small but quality group, i guess. and the nets fans who come through here and and are all "rah rah rah go nets, knicks suck! etc etc" don't seem to last very long. :lol

MTing
11-14-2014, 01:41 AM
Can someone tell me why Deron is playing off ball these last 2 games after dominating last week when he was the primary ball handler?

Nets fan 93
11-14-2014, 02:43 AM

we're a small but quality group, i guess. and the nets fans who come through here and and are all "rah rah rah go nets, knicks suck! etc etc" don't seem to last very long. :lol
Very true! I prefer it like that though.

Can someone tell me why Deron is playing off ball these last 2 games after dominating last week when he was the primary ball handler?
He was doing it a lot in the pre season as well. I'm not quite sure.

I am very disappointed in Lopez this season. His first season in Brooklyn he took a huge stride. Last season he was ballin with the best of them on both sides (besides rebounding) this year he looks very slow and can be sort of a liability on both ends. I have never really seen Lopez start off this poorly.

niko
11-14-2014, 12:53 PM
Very true! I prefer it like that though.

He was doing it a lot in the pre season as well. I'm not quite sure.

I am very disappointed in Lopez this season. His first season in Brooklyn he took a huge stride. Last season he was ballin with the best of them on both sides (besides rebounding) this year he looks very slow and can be sort of a liability on both ends. I have never really seen Lopez start off this poorly.
Give him time. He's essentially been told to walk differently. It must be awkward

gigantes
11-14-2014, 04:21 PM
Give him time. He's essentially been told to walk differently. It must be awkward
exactly. i can't imagine how weird it must be to be so tall and heavy that you have to be careful how to use your feet... not only that, but to do it playing a hyper-athletic sport like bball.

i'm still bummed that yao ming lost so much of his career to this stuff. IMO he was a legit competitor to howard for #1 center.

Nets fan 93
11-15-2014, 10:47 PM
Man I hope all it is, is a time issue.

So Nicolas Batum and Lamarcus Aldridge are out tonight. I hope the nets can take advantage

gigantes
11-16-2014, 08:46 PM
welp, that road trip sucked. :(

MTing
11-18-2014, 12:39 AM
Another loss to an undermanned team. Maybe Joe's comments messed up the locker room after all.

Nets fan 93
11-18-2014, 12:59 PM
All these teams playing under-manned and beating us sucks....

Nets fan 93
11-19-2014, 12:52 PM
Like a lot of Nets fans... I'll be attending the game against Milwaukee tonight. Wish the nets some luck. Milwaukee kinda choked at the end Against the Knicks last night but still won. They were up by 18-20.... They're a young athletic team.

gigantes
11-20-2014, 05:15 AM
i don't mind losing to my favorite player all-time, i just want the nets to work on their sets, teamwork, communication and all that stuff. if this loss lights a fire under their asses, then the infancy of a new season is a perfect time for that to happen IMO.

gigantes
11-21-2014, 04:47 PM
well this is getting pretty shaky. not just the losing streak, brook's slow pace and accusations of selfishness, but now the AK47 situation...

if kirilenko decided to sit out and wait for a trade / buyout, that makes he, king and prokhy look silly.

if he's healthy as the team claims and hollins hasn't found minutes for him yet, that makes hollins look rather sketchy, especially since defense is still a problem for this team.

if AK47 is truly done at the NBA level, why is he still with the team after all this time? that makes the nets look clueless and directionless.

any way you slice it... not good.

Nets fan 93
11-22-2014, 10:11 PM
He looked slow in the preseason and is a huge liability on offense from what I saw during preseason. But can't judge him too much from just preseason. I mean players practice too so maybe Hollins is seeing something in the practices too. Who knows

MTing
11-23-2014, 03:39 AM
The minutes he played this year, he didn't look good at all. But I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because I think AK is one of those players that legit fits in almost any system in the league (imagine him on the Spurs..). I'm not sure why Hollins hasn't given him more chances to prove that he still has some left in the tank, but he's the coach and he sees the players practice every day. Maybe he sees something we don't.

niko
11-23-2014, 09:15 AM
It's strange that the Nets are discussing a trade where they send out Karasev, a 2nd rd pick and Kirilenko for a worse 2nd rd pick. Unless they really are in cost cutting mode. Hard to figure out what is going on there unless it's more cost cutting?

gigantes
11-23-2014, 09:52 AM
the brooklyn game has a whole article explaining the trade. check it out.

the disappointing thing is that once again the org seems to be going in different directions. as in, one faction made a point about picking up karasev just a couple months ago, but hollins (and whoever else) is going in the opposite direction. or changed their minds, whatever. familiar story, eh...?

btw agreed about the logic of the 'practice' theory for AK47. still depressing, tho. another star player whose game expired right before we got him, apparently.

gigantes
11-23-2014, 09:17 PM
I think I was wrong about karasev. more like the sixers are being obligatory bishes and asking for someone they have no right to.

but I'm still very uncool about giving up a draft pick for a trade exception. (did you read the article, niko?)

last year we were told 'money meant nothing to this owner', now the team has flirted with being for sale and is apparently cutting costs here and there... as if money is a... major issue. and in the midst of a mediocre season, who gives a fluff about a trade exception anyway?

Nets fan 93
11-24-2014, 05:22 PM
I think I was wrong about karasev. more like the sixers are being obligatory bishes and asking for someone they have no right to.

but I'm still very uncool about giving up a draft pick for a trade exception. (did you read the article, niko?)

last year we were told 'money meant nothing to this owner', now the team has flirted with being for sale and is apparently cutting costs here and there... as if money is a... major issue. and in the midst of a mediocre season, who gives a fluff about a trade exception anyway?
I'm hearing more teams have emerged as possible trade partners for the Nets. One trade involving the Jazz giving up rarely used Jeremy Evans and Toure Murray for ak47

gigantes
11-24-2014, 06:22 PM
I'm hearing more teams have emerged as possible trade partners for the Nets. One trade involving the Jazz giving up rarely used Jeremy Evans and Toure Murray for ak47
yea it's suddenly making a lot more sense... phew! :rockon:

Nets fan 93
11-25-2014, 02:30 AM
yea it's suddenly making a lot more sense... phew! :rockon:
Yeah neither of them are anything special but it's better than giving up a pick plus Ak for a trade exception.

niko
11-26-2014, 08:58 PM
I've been banned by Netsdaily on twitter for saying Ferguson riots aren't similar to the civil rights movement riots. :lol I'm thinking maybe he just banned everyone who disagreed with him because some people were being really rude and i just got lumped in.

:lol Isola and Netsdaily have blocked me, both for pretty innocuous things.

gigantes
11-27-2014, 02:03 AM
way to contribute, bro!

Nets fan 93
11-28-2014, 11:40 AM
So I was in attendance at Philadelphia and man those 6er fans got loud when they went up.. Gotta love their passion even for the worst team in the league.

gigantes
11-30-2014, 10:04 PM
So I was in attendance at Philadelphia and man those 6er fans got loud when they went up.. Gotta love their passion even for the worst team in the league.
hehe, we philadelphians also just like to cut loose and get a bit rowdy. we're not really searching for deep excuses.

ever hear about how we threw batteries at a cowboy's WR and booed santa claus at NFL games?

one of the most beloved teams in philly were the mid 70's flyers, who won two NHL trophies. their identity? being bullies... i kid you not.

niko
11-30-2014, 11:25 PM
What do you think of Hollins? I don't blame him for the losing, but he seems to have alienated JJ and have very little use for Lopez and Plumlee. That seems problematic going forward, even with better results.

gigantes
12-01-2014, 02:02 AM
What do you think of Hollins? I don't blame him for the losing, but he seems to have alienated JJ and have very little use for Lopez and Plumlee. That seems problematic going forward, even with better results.
well, i probably think like the rest of us do, niko-- you seem to read little that actually matters, disappear from any and all challenges, like to pounce on recycled rumors, and yet somehow expect to be entertained as a 'healthy, dissenting, voice' upon nets affairs.

i mean... even full graduates of the steven a. smith school of obnoxious journalism still carry a certain reeking pride. let's go, let's go...!!

Nets fan 93
12-01-2014, 02:09 AM
I like how he doesn't take any laziness and makes it a point that players have to earn their time. It just has to translate to winning though.. It's been over a month. They have only won against teams who are under .500 so far.

niko
12-01-2014, 08:39 AM
well, i probably think like the rest of us do, niko-- you seem to read little that actually matters, disappear from any and all challenges, like to pounce on recycled rumors, and yet somehow expect to be entertained as a 'healthy, dissenting, voice' upon nets affairs.

i mean... even full graduates of the steven a. smith school of obnoxious journalism still carry a certain reeking pride. let's go, let's go...!!
I read very little in general. Hollins is Mike Keenan. He motivates but he has scapegoats. I think he might have picked the wrong the wrong people

You don't agree something is going on with JJ? Or is this just general malaise....The kind that affects New York sports teams for years and years and years and I'll stop now to go cry..

MTing
12-01-2014, 10:17 PM
Hollins tends to have his group of guys and alienates the rest. That's about the only thing that I dislike about him so far. Other than that, I think he's the mentally tough, no-nonsense coach we needed the last 2 years. I just hope these guys get used to that because the last few years we've had coaches that have basically let them do what they want on the court.

gigantes
12-03-2014, 12:26 PM
I read very little in general. Hollins is Mike Keenan. He motivates but he has scapegoats. I think he might have picked the wrong the wrong people

You don't agree something is going on with JJ? Or is this just general malaise....The kind that affects New York sports teams for years and years and years and I'll stop now to go cry..
i'm frustrated and i apologise... you may be on to something there, not sure as of yet

MTing
12-03-2014, 11:23 PM
All Hail Mirza Teletovic and his amazing hair!
http://redrockbasketball.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Mirza+Teletovic+Eupt-OAQJkSm.jpg

Nets fan 93
12-04-2014, 01:06 AM
All Hail Mirza Teletovic and his amazing hair!
http://redrockbasketball.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Mirza+Teletovic+Eupt-OAQJkSm.jpg
Oh Mirza. So streaky. he came up big tonight. I thought he was slowly getting back to what he was last year until this game. Glad he contributed so much. quite a double double in place of KG.

Feels good to get some payback on the Spurs and split the season series. Don't have to deal with them for a while:cheers: :cheers: :rockon:

MTing
12-04-2014, 02:11 AM
Oh Mirza. So streaky. he came up big tonight. I thought he was slowly getting back to what he was last year until this game. Glad he contributed so much. quite a double double in place of KG.

Feels good to get some payback on the Spurs and split the season series. Don't have to deal with them for a while:cheers: :cheers: :rockon:
Maybe we'll see them in the Finals?
http://i.imgur.com/HWT5NVS.gif

gigantes
12-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Lol, MT... anyway some health issues and some relationship issues right now. How y'all doing?

Glad the Cavs are picking up these days... it's a bit depressing being a Brooklyn fan who sees nothing but Cavs games when he goes out and nothing but sad faces / empty seats around me.

Nets fan 93
12-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Lol, MT... anyway some health issues and some relationship issues right now. How y'all doing?

Glad the Cavs are picking up these days... it's a bit depressing being a Brooklyn fan who sees nothing but Cavs games when he goes out and nothing but sad faces / empty seats around me.
Hope that continues tonight but it moset likely won't. Joe Johnson and Brook Lopez are out tonight. Johnson -Flu. Lopez- Back strain (uh-oh)

Miss Bella
12-22-2014, 01:13 AM
Plumlee is looking awfully good, looking forward to the game against the Kings, got tickets!!

Any word on Deron? Will he be back for the game against the Kings?

gigantes
12-22-2014, 02:14 AM
Plumlee is looking awfully good, looking forward to the game against the Kings, got tickets!!

Any word on Deron? Will he be back for the game against the Kings?
hi, miss bella! are you still alive? (lol sorry)

so what do you think about billy king offering up the big three for trade? actually i think d-will is the far-most skilled one of the three, and he's the last of the three i want to see go.

Miss Bella
12-22-2014, 02:45 AM
hi, miss bella! are you still alive? (lol sorry)

so what do you think about billy king offering up the big three for trade? actually i think d-will is the far-most skilled one of the three, and he's the last of the three i want to see go.

Haha why would I not be?

I hope we keep Dwill, I am indifferent when it comes to Brook or KG. KG deserves to finish his career with a team that has the chance to win, be nice to see him with the Wizards or Mavs. Hopefully not with the Clippers.

Brook, can't stay on the court and is making 15 millions. He has a player option that he probably will pick up.

I want to Deron, but only if we can convince Sloan to come back.

gigantes
12-22-2014, 07:14 AM
Haha why would I not be?
er, i don't know... um, domestic abuse... or something...... as long as you're putting me on the spot and all!

I hope we keep Dwill, I am indifferent when it comes to Brook or KG. KG deserves to finish his career with a team that has the chance to win, be nice to see him with the Wizards or Mavs. Hopefully not with the Clippers.

Brook, can't stay on the court and is making 15 millions. He has a player option that he probably will pick up.

I want to Deron, but only if we can convince Sloan to come back.
pretty much. :rockon:

Miss Bella
12-23-2014, 12:31 AM
er, i don't know... um, domestic abuse... or something...... as long as you're putting me on the spot and all!

pretty much. :rockon:

Glad we agree, while we are on the subject, Lionel Hollins needs to go. I wish Kidd stayed, he has potential to be an excellent coach.

gigantes
12-23-2014, 01:16 AM
honestly i don't think the problem is hollins or really any particular individual. problem is, this is an overpaid, poorly-built team with a difficult future ahead. you could bring in phil jackson or greg pop but i don't think it would make much difference at this point.

re: kidd,
i agree with you there. against long odds he had quite a successful rookie coaching campaign and it's probably inevitable that he wanted more say in matters. almost all superstars have that same mindset. i highly doubt that he really wanted the GM's job... probably just more support from above. well, he's confirming this season that he's a winner and that we're the ones that lost out.

niko
12-23-2014, 09:02 PM
Glad we agree, while we are on the subject, Lionel Hollins needs to go. I wish Kidd stayed, he has potential to be an excellent coach.
I agree but he's a dick. Same as he was a sick player, but a dick. It was probably inevitable this split happened unless he got a huge raise and all that he wanted.

So even if he becomes the best coach ever, i find it hard to fault the Nets for letting him go.

Nets fan 93
12-23-2014, 11:19 PM
Gotta love the win but I can't stand the fact the nets have so much difficulty rebounding the ball. They need a LOT of help on the boards. Plumlee can't do it alone. But talking about Plumlee.... Is it too early to start voting him into the allstar game??

gigantes
12-26-2014, 04:48 PM
interesting, this idea of plumlee starting and lopez coming off the bench. the nets get much more athleticism up front and lopez gets to bully second-stringers.

net income or someone was talking about this typically being the time of year the nets start to gel and bull their way to the playoffs. on one hand that guy usually drinks a little too much of his own koolaid... OTOH it does make some sense for this year's group.

niko
12-27-2014, 07:52 PM
interesting, this idea of plumlee starting and lopez coming off the bench. the nets get much more athleticism up front and lopez gets to bully second-stringers.

net income or someone was talking about this typically being the time of year the nets start to gel and bull their way to the playoffs. on one hand that guy usually drinks a little too much of his own koolaid... OTOH it does make some sense for this year's group.
I'd start Plumlee for the simple reason that it makes no sense to build around Lopez because he'll (sadly) probably be out for another month in a few weeks. How do you have any continuity? To a lesser degree it's why Amare can't start, what's the point? Plus Plumlee needs to become a more consistent rebounder and defender and that's not going to come except with time and playing. It's a no brainer. If Lopez is healthy and becomes super sub it's gravy.

I was watching the Clippers play today and thought, there's a trade somewhere between Nets and them. They need a massive shakeup and they have large salaries.

Miss Bella
12-28-2014, 02:14 AM
I'd start Plumlee for the simple reason that it makes no sense to build around Lopez because he'll (sadly) probably be out for another month in a few weeks. How do you have any continuity? To a lesser degree it's why Amare can't start, what's the point? Plus Plumlee needs to become a more consistent rebounder and defender and that's not going to come except with time and playing. It's a no brainer. If Lopez is healthy and becomes super sub it's gravy.

I was watching the Clippers play today and thought, there's a trade somewhere between Nets and them. They need a massive shakeup and they have large salaries.

I was surprised when I noticed that Amar'e just recently got his first rest/injury of the season. I guess the added playing time took a toll on him.

niko
12-28-2014, 10:05 AM
I was surprised when I noticed that Amar'e just recently got his first rest/injury of the season. I guess the added playing time took a toll on him.
He's shot. Knicks fans need to get over this year. We can't make any adjustments which hurt our flexibility going forward and we can't just toss away anyone with value AND Melo is hurt. Suck it up, sit Melo down, accept the losing and wait for our lottery pick and try to retool, be better next year, make a splash in 15/16 with a core of Melo/Pick/Hardaway/Shump/Calderon to start with (or trade for another piece). But the day to day "should this guy start, what trade should we make, is Fisher ok?" is insane. Season is over.

Miss Bella
12-28-2014, 12:25 PM
He's shot. Knicks fans need to get over this year. We can't make any adjustments which hurt our flexibility going forward and we can't just toss away anyone with value AND Melo is hurt. Suck it up, sit Melo down, accept the losing and wait for our lottery pick and try to retool, be better next year, make a splash in 15/16 with a core of Melo/Pick/Hardaway/Shump/Calderon to start with (or trade for another piece). But the day to day "should this guy start, what trade should we make, is Fisher ok?" is insane. Season is over.

I agree. I think Amar'e is still a decent player for say 5-6 million, so he could be a nice backup next year if he and the Knicks have the same thing in mind.

Once the new salary cap comes through Melo won't be as big of a cap holder as he is now which will free up a lot of space. I just think the main objective right now is to not get greedy or impatient.. Trading away the pick in a desperation move (see nets) to acquire an all star or something like that.

They need to be smart once the new cap takes effect, no big splashes for names, I think everyone outside of New York saw what a disaster a Melo/Amar'e pairing was going to be.

niko
12-28-2014, 01:34 PM
I agree. I think Amar'e is still a decent player for say 5-6 million, so he could be a nice backup next year if he and the Knicks have the same thing in mind.

Once the new salary cap comes through Melo won't be as big of a cap holder as he is now which will free up a lot of space. I just think the main objective right now is to not get greedy or impatient.. Trading away the pick in a desperation move (see nets) to acquire an all star or something like that.

They need to be smart once the new cap takes effect, no big splashes for names, I think everyone outside of New York saw what a disaster a Melo/Amar'e pairing was going to be.

Yep on all. It boggles the mind how people want the Knicks to make some sort of season saving move, we are too far gone for playoffs without a huge run, and we are sitting really well on a pick in a solid draft. People are just impatient.

gigantes
12-28-2014, 05:17 PM
is there anyone on the Knicks who seems to be grasping the triangle, or even excelling at it?

niko
12-28-2014, 06:19 PM
is there anyone on the Knicks who seems to be grasping the triangle, or even excelling at it?

I don't think the triangle is the problem. I think it's the lack of functional bigs. We used to cover it by playing small but you can't do that in the triangle. If we had a real center or a real PF then we could play it. Melo is fine, Calderon is fine, our bigs grasp it but are so limited in their skillsets its irrelevent.

gigantes
12-28-2014, 07:29 PM
I don't think the triangle is the problem. I think it's the lack of functional bigs. We used to cover it by playing small but you can't do that in the triangle. If we had a real center or a real PF then we could play it. Melo is fine, Calderon is fine, our bigs grasp it but are so limited in their skillsets its irrelevent.
okay, no idea. i recently read one of the natl writers say that the triangle has been hard for them because they currently don't have the best personnel to run it. haven't seen the knicks play when i go out tho, so no 1st hand experience. i don't understand the triangle very well anyway, haha.

niko
12-28-2014, 07:50 PM
okay, no idea. i recently read one of the natl writers say that the triangle has been hard for them because they currently don't have the best personnel to run it. haven't seen the knicks play when i go out tho, so no 1st hand experience. i don't understand the triangle very well anyway, haha.
It's not so complex, it's basically basic basketball, posting up, cutting, using a three man game wherever you are (thus the triangle). Some of the writers (like Berman) act like it's the secret to the universe. If you've ever played in the park and one of you is posting up and the other two are moving off that, you are running the triangle.

gigantes
12-28-2014, 08:04 PM
It's not so complex, it's basically basic basketball, posting up, cutting, using a three man game wherever you are (thus the triangle). Some of the writers (like Berman) act like it's the secret to the universe. If you've ever played in the park and one of you is posting up and the other two are moving off that, you are running the triangle.
i mean i get that part, but my rough understanding is that the details of movement and passing are complex and somewhat unusual. if you have vet players who've played in several systems and it's suddenly very hard to pick up this one, that seems to suggest that something's up.

niko
12-28-2014, 08:51 PM
i mean i get that part, but my rough understanding is that the details of movement and passing are complex and somewhat unusual. if you have vet players who've played in several systems and it's suddenly very hard to pick up this one, that seems to suggest that something's up.
That something would be a combination of players who suck (anyone who is a forward/center not named Carmelo) and players who know they are on the way out and are half assing it. We've scaled back and still lose every game. Our starting 4/5 is Acy/Dalembert. :lol I laugh to keep from crying.

gigantes
12-31-2014, 08:14 PM
wow... was not expecting lopez to start, to play well... for the team to beat the bulls in chicago... for this little hot streak.

could the hollins effect finally be kicking in?

Nets fan 93
01-01-2015, 05:05 PM
Didnt see the game but after Hollins comments about Brook an Deron, Brook really stepped it up according to the box score

MTing
01-01-2015, 07:39 PM
That was the Brook we all know and love. The Brook that was an all star 2 years ago. I hope this wasn't a fluke and he turns this season around. I don't want him to be traded for scraps.

P.S.
Happy New Year Nets fam!

gigantes
01-01-2015, 08:09 PM
happy new years, mate! also, i think it's year of the goat (yin wood goat) in late february. i love those awesome lanterns (http://www.unframedworld.com/journal/nagasakilantern-festival-highlights/).

anyway with brook, i assume that he's becoming more confident in his foot, pushing off harder and that sort of thing.

i'm glad we decided not to trade the big three for scraps just yet. billy king usually reads our minds pretty well. :P

niko
01-04-2015, 10:34 PM
True or false, if five grade school girls wore Miami Heat uniforms this year, they'd beat the Nets? It's funny that with Lebron, you owned them, and he leaves, and you can't beat them.

gigantes
01-05-2015, 12:36 AM
that is funny!

(teehee)

Miss Bella
01-05-2015, 09:44 PM
That was the Brook we all know and love. The Brook that was an all star 2 years ago. I hope this wasn't a fluke and he turns this season around. I don't want him to be traded for scraps.

P.S.
Happy New Year Nets fam!

Looking good tonight!

Miss Bella
01-05-2015, 09:45 PM
True or false, if five grade school girls wore Miami Heat uniforms this year, they'd beat the Nets? It's funny that with Lebron, you owned them, and he leaves, and you can't beat them.

LeBron brings out the best in his opponents.

Miss Bella
01-11-2015, 07:21 PM
Any takers on our big three yet?

gigantes
01-11-2015, 07:34 PM
if i was another team i'd be pretty wary about lopez' and deron's chronic injuries. it sucks that they can't even stay healthy enough to drive up their trade value.

johnson, at least he should be valuable to playoff teams who lack scoring punch. but who wants to pay him the $25m for next year...? :confusedshrug:

Miss Bella
01-11-2015, 08:48 PM
if i was another team i'd be pretty wary about lopez' and deron's chronic injuries. it sucks that they can't even stay healthy enough to drive up their trade value.

johnson, at least he should be valuable to playoff teams who lack scoring punch. but who wants to pay him the $25m for next year...? :confusedshrug:

Yeah you are right. Not looking good with Prok giving away all our picks.

gigantes
01-12-2015, 08:33 PM
Yeah you are right. Not looking good with Prok giving away all our picks.
on the positive tip, there are 5-6 young (or young-ish) fairly promising guys on the team... bogs, brown, jefferson, karasev, plum-dog, teletovvy.

would be good to get them as many minutes as possible and see where that leads. at least king seems pretty good at finding talent in the second round, so it's not impossible to have a good team sooner rather than later.

niko
01-12-2015, 08:48 PM
Any takers on our big three yet?
Deron the Sacramento deal. You MIGHT be able to make it if you substitute Bogs for Plumlee but that's about it.

Charlotte wants JJ for Lance + Bad Deals. Nets are understandably wary. It's a trade that probably lowers your talent which to me is a non starter.

Brook to me is a hard deal unless you take back equal salary, equal time, lesser talent. Which to me again is a non starter.

MTing
01-17-2015, 01:31 AM
So Brook nearly got traded yesterday and he responded pretty well tonight. It's just such a crappy situation that he needs to go through this almost every year with the trade rumors and he is the most loyal Net we've had in years. Never complains or whines about getting touches, getting benched, yet he seems to be on the block the most out of the core 3.

It probably won't happen but I hope he retires with us. It will be very painful to see the last NJ Net get traded.

gigantes
01-17-2015, 10:40 AM
Deron is a NJ net as well but I hear you MT.

at the same time, my sympathy is finite for the big guy. he makes a hell of a lot of money for a guy who 1) doesn't necessarily translate in to wins and 2) hasn't developed for ages. welcome to Carmelo country, guess.

haha maybe the nets and Knicks can put together an all-overpaid team to... take on the globetrotters?

Miss Bella
01-17-2015, 08:19 PM
Why Garnett hates Howard. Told by Scal.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/video/scalabrine-d-12-s-all-star-bragging-one-of-many-reasons-kg-doesn-t-like-him-011315?vid=383908931632

niko
01-19-2015, 07:39 PM
Why Garnett hates Howard. Told by Scal.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/video/scalabrine-d-12-s-all-star-bragging-one-of-many-reasons-kg-doesn-t-like-him-011315?vid=383908931632
Garnett hates 97% of everyone in the universe. The only difference is most of the rest of the world hates Howard too. Did you see the other day him tell the reporter to **** off because he didn't like the question? Bontemps said that's no big deal because it's common, if Garnett doesn't like you, your question, or feel like talking to you he just tells you to **** off.

Knicks had a bunch of those guys, it's good to have guys like that on a team. The difference with Garnett is people are determined to argue (for reasons i never understand) that he's a nice guy.

Miss Bella
01-20-2015, 01:20 AM
Garnett hates 97% of everyone in the universe. The only difference is most of the rest of the world hates Howard too. Did you see the other day him tell the reporter to **** off because he didn't like the question? Bontemps said that's no big deal because it's common, if Garnett doesn't like you, your question, or feel like talking to you he just tells you to **** off.

Knicks had a bunch of those guys, it's good to have guys like that on a team. The difference with Garnett is people are determined to argue (for reasons i never understand) that he's a nice guy.

I have seen him at games, and he is really cool with the fans and from interviews I have seen by his teammates they totally love him. I guess he is the guy you love to have but hate to face.

I think people argue that he is a good guy because he seems genuine, he is not fake and his teammates always back him up. He explains some of that in his interview with Scal, link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGCQP8dX3cc

niko
01-21-2015, 10:37 PM
I have seen him at games, and he is really cool with the fans and from interviews I have seen by his teammates they totally love him. I guess he is the guy you love to have but hate to face.

I think people argue that he is a good guy because he seems genuine, he is not fake and his teammates always back him up. He explains some of that in his interview with Scal, link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGCQP8dX3cc
I know people who work at Barclays, they said Pierce is high maintenance but nice a human being as you'll know and Garnett treats you nice if he's in the mood. He regularly curses out the nets beats writers. He told them when Kidd was in town to wait for him until he finished talking to Kidd, talked to Kidd for a long while, then walked out middle fingers in the air.

I get he's nice at times but he's a dick. I don't see why he gets a pass. Knicks had plenty of guys like that (Mason, remember him?) and Garnett for some reason has a lot of people rationalizing his behavior.

gigantes
01-22-2015, 01:01 AM
bball is one of those dysfunctional exercises that revels in rewarding psychopaths.

study chamberlain and jordan, then disagree.

niko
01-23-2015, 09:43 AM
bball is one of those dysfunctional exercises that revels in rewarding psychopaths.

study chamberlain and jordan, then disagree.
I don't disagree at all. My point with Garnett is people feel the need to insist he's a wonderful human when we've all seen what he is sometimes. I'd take him on knicks even now when he can't move.

gigantes
01-23-2015, 11:55 AM
I don't disagree at all. My point with Garnett is people feel the need to insist he's a wonderful human when we've all seen what he is sometimes. I'd take him on knicks even now when he can't move.
not sure who is insisting he's a wonderful person, but I take your point.

I kind of feel the same about Jon Jones in MMA. a real a-hole who has millions of sympathizers and apologists.

I get that athletic competition is a kind of war, and in war, the best fighters are probably the half-crazies... but sports is also a business. you might not be able to change some of these guys, and you can't stop fans from being sycophants and idiots, but but but...

Miss Bella
01-23-2015, 04:40 PM
I know people who work at Barclays, they said Pierce is high maintenance but nice a human being as you'll know and Garnett treats you nice if he's in the mood. He regularly curses out the nets beats writers. He told them when Kidd was in town to wait for him until he finished talking to Kidd, talked to Kidd for a long while, then walked out middle fingers in the air.

I get he's nice at times but he's a dick. I don't see why he gets a pass. Knicks had plenty of guys like that (Mason, remember him?) and Garnett for some reason has a lot of people rationalizing his behavior.

I am not saying he is an angel, I think we all can agree on that. But I still don't see him as an class A a-hole. He just doesn't put on an act, like a lot of NBA players. For instance, I think we can all agree LeBron just reeks of douchiness despite putting on an act to portray himself as an humble guy. I am not even talking about his coming home or ESPN fiasco, just has that kind of demeanor.

On the other hand I don't blame him, or well I understand why he is like he is. I remember in HS our star in the football team thought he was god, he did get a scholarship to a D1, but nothing more than that. Didn't do great in college etc. Reason I am saying this is just because if a guy like that, just the star of a not so big HS thought he was some kind of king just because everyone sucked up to him, imagine LeBron, being touted the "Chosen one" or "The King" since he was 15 years old on top of getting documentaries made, getting on the cover of magazines before he even finished HS. It creates a special kind of a-hole.

I got a bit off topic, lol but I guess I got out what I wanted to say.

gigantes
01-23-2015, 04:58 PM
a special kind of a-hole! :banana:

this is the kind of thing that ppl like me have some difficulty understanding. i had it bad with allen iverson, back when i lived in philly. i kept torturing myself with "if only he could make a little more effort here and there, i could be on board with him as a fan"... and of course he always let me down. also part of why i gave up on the 76ers and joined the nets crowd 15 years ago.

but yea... the ones who make it to this level are mostly pre-programmed to be the biggest egomaniacs and jackasses. it's like me opening a bag of peanuts and getting mad every time because i was hoping an almond had slipped in there by accident.

gigantes
01-24-2015, 02:52 AM
wanna swap some cards?

http://40.media.tumblr.com/9be7ffdfb12ca1970d2b666ee759b97d/tumblr_nijn6pmHHC1ts48sxo1_250.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/a539cb0786098a7d512ce1135e65aed1/tumblr_ni6kgyUtOq1ts48sxo1_250.jpg

http://36.media.tumblr.com/8c25cc0a1022c11dc0389a93d5166c86/tumblr_ndx04dm4Um1ts48sxo1_250.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/f82be4f58c651852f09c6710865490ef/tumblr_ncdt4xKUkF1ts48sxo1_250.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/ed53498aede049826cc619ac03b938dd/tumblr_n165rcMQj81ts48sxo1_r3_250.jpg

http://everyplayerintheleague.tumblr.com/archive

MTing
01-25-2015, 06:47 PM
wanna swap some cards?

http://40.media.tumblr.com/9be7ffdfb12ca1970d2b666ee759b97d/tumblr_nijn6pmHHC1ts48sxo1_250.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/a539cb0786098a7d512ce1135e65aed1/tumblr_ni6kgyUtOq1ts48sxo1_250.jpg

http://36.media.tumblr.com/8c25cc0a1022c11dc0389a93d5166c86/tumblr_ndx04dm4Um1ts48sxo1_250.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/f82be4f58c651852f09c6710865490ef/tumblr_ncdt4xKUkF1ts48sxo1_250.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/ed53498aede049826cc619ac03b938dd/tumblr_n165rcMQj81ts48sxo1_r3_250.jpg

http://everyplayerintheleague.tumblr.com/archive

Looks awesome! Sadly these don't deserve to be printed out right now. No one would want them.

gigantes
01-26-2015, 07:21 AM
Looks awesome! Sadly these don't deserve to be printed out right now. No one would want them.
haha, i know. oh well. at least we can enjoy the cards of the other players around the league...

niko
01-26-2015, 08:22 PM
Nets are evaluating how Hollins is doing as coach. My goodness. Billy King is teflon.

gigantes
01-27-2015, 01:55 AM
Nets are evaluating how Hollins is doing as coach. My goodness. Billy King is teflon.
i can see king playing the fall guy for the russians, but then who could they possibly persuade to take over this mess? someone unproven or with a worse track record, most likely.

the coach at least has a more direct, immediate influence on the fortunes of the team.

MTing
01-30-2015, 04:35 AM
Turns out to be untrue.
http://www.netsdaily.com/2015/1/26/7918117/stein-and-youngmisuk-nets-evaluating-lionel-hollins

niko
02-01-2015, 10:07 AM
Turns out to be untrue.
http://www.netsdaily.com/2015/1/26/7918117/stein-and-youngmisuk-nets-evaluating-lionel-hollins

Netsdaily gives Nets spin, you don't know that at this point? Do you think it's a huge coincidence anytime something bad happens he only reports it after the fact? It's like Berman. I'd never say "Berman denied it - it must be false!".

The Nets leaked that story to give Hollins a warning and when it came back so bad (the reaction) they denied it. Who else would leak that?

gigantes
02-01-2015, 10:28 AM
it's not bob windrem (NI) running that site. sure he's the lead writer and all, but he does have a day job (or used to until recently). netsdaily started with a group of ppl and it's always been a group, even before coming to SBN. nowadays his co-main lead is tom lorenzo and they have these college interns rounding out the daily group.

NI sometimes spins to an extent, but there's a big difference between having a moderate bias and being a bill o'reilly or whatever. most of the time he doesn't spin since he's been taught that he'll get roasted down the line for being too ridiculous. his resistance to calling out prokhy's foolishness is one of the exceptions IMO.

yeah, he's an older dude who gets cranky and stubborn at times, but you won't find a better public source of nets information. nobody comes close, and we do all have a POV in life... ansolutely everyone.

anyway, almost everything is reported 'after the fact' there. they generally just write capsules for all the articles coming out in the local and national scene.

niko
02-01-2015, 02:58 PM
it's not bob windrem (NI) running that site. sure he's the lead writer and all, but he does have a day job (or used to until recently). netsdaily started with a group of ppl and it's always been a group, even before coming to SBN. nowadays his co-main lead is tom lorenzo and they have these college interns rounding out the daily group.

NI sometimes spins to an extent, but there's a big difference between having a moderate bias and being a bill o'reilly or whatever. most of the time he doesn't spin since he's been taught that he'll get roasted down the line for being too ridiculous. his resistance to calling out prokhy's foolishness is one of the exceptions IMO.

yeah, he's an older dude who gets cranky and stubborn at times, but you won't find a better public source of nets information. nobody comes close, and we do all have a POV in life... ansolutely everyone.

anyway, almost everything is reported 'after the fact' there. they generally just write capsules for all the articles coming out in the local and national scene.
I don't think Netsdaily is this terrible biased thign we shouldn't listen to (or i wouldn't bother). I said a Netsdaily "denial" of a story is them supporting the party line and not proof of anything, like Berman basically saying "Knicks didn't do whatever". It's exactly the same to me, they call the person (team) being accused, the team denies it, they report it.

Gigantes, did you kill that person we found the body of in your basement? NO. Ok, must be true... :lol

Did you watch the Nets/Raptors game? That was as good a back and forth fourth quarter and OT as they've had this year. I don't see Lopez love, Nets fans, give him some love.

gigantes
02-01-2015, 03:18 PM
i'm not sure what you mean by party lines and denial, since the story in question was basically a nets exec commenting off the record about the national article saying hollins was being evaluated. ND did not manufacture that on their own far as i know.

actually all they really were doing was a capsule of what a local writer wrote in response to a national writer breaking the first story, right? whuffo the tinfoil hat?

i haven't watched the nets for a few games now. i'm one of those trying to cut lopes some slack for coming back from a significant operation, so... cool. go team.

niko
02-01-2015, 06:15 PM
i'm not sure what you mean by party lines and denial, since the story in question was basically a nets exec commenting off the record about the national article saying hollins was being evaluated. ND did not manufacture that on their own far as i know.

actually all they really were doing was a capsule of what a local writer wrote in response to a national writer breaking the first story, right? whuffo the tinfoil hat?

i haven't watched the nets for a few games now. i'm one of those trying to cut lopes some slack for coming back from a significant operation, so... cool. go team.
Lopez was for lack of a better word last game, bouncy. Like Lopez of a few years ago.

gigantes
02-01-2015, 06:39 PM
Lopez was for lack of a better word last game, bouncy. Like Lopez of a few years ago.
did you see the recent article about the nets rejoining the d-league?

when we saw that article i think most of us thought the nets were moving the whole franchise over. :D

MTing
02-02-2015, 04:46 AM
Netsdaily gives Nets spin, you don't know that at this point? Do you think it's a huge coincidence anytime something bad happens he only reports it after the fact? It's like Berman. I'd never say "Berman denied it - it must be false!".

The Nets leaked that story to give Hollins a warning and when it came back so bad (the reaction) they denied it. Who else would leak that?

I think you're reading to much into it. Do you honestly think the Nets would fire their 4th coach in 3 years? That would make management look bush league, not to mention they are already the laughing stock of the league. Chill with the conspiracy theories.

niko
02-02-2015, 06:13 PM
I think you're reading to much into it. Do you honestly think the Nets would fire their 4th coach in 3 years? That would make management look bush league, not to mention they are already the laughing stock of the league. Chill with the conspiracy theories.

I don't think Hollins is in trouble but if you think that leak wasn't someone in the Nets office to Stein then you're naive. And you don't think the Nets make rash decisions? They wouldn't offer Blatche even minimum to stay, King said very publicly they didn't want him, and now, they want him. Nets change their mind more than a women at a shoe sale.

niko
02-02-2015, 06:14 PM
did you see the recent article about the nets rejoining the d-league?

when we saw that article i think most of us thought the nets were moving the whole franchise over. :D
I saw article about Knicks in D-League and said the same things. :facepalm NY Basketball.

gigantes
02-02-2015, 06:47 PM
I don't think Hollins is in trouble but if you think that leak wasn't someone in the Nets office to Stein then you're naive. And you don't think the Nets make rash decisions? They wouldn't offer Blatche even minimum to stay, King said very publicly they didn't want him, and now, they want him. Nets change their mind more than a women at a shoe sale.
re: blatche,
i'm sure it's more desperation than being fickle. dude is apparently a major knucklehead who nobody else wanted either, because... he was apparently a major knucklehead.

with the demise of kirilenko, KG's age, and the chronic uncertainty surrounding brook, blatche is undoubtedly more attractive than he was before. it's like getting hit in your weak spot.

sometimes i think you enjoy soap opera much more than you admit. :D

niko
02-02-2015, 07:37 PM
re: blatche,
i'm sure it's more desperation than being fickle. dude is apparently a major knucklehead who nobody else wanted either, because... he was apparently a major knucklehead.

with the demise of kirilenko, KG's age, and the chronic uncertainty surrounding brook, blatche is undoubtedly more attractive than he was before. it's like getting hit in your weak spot.

sometimes i think you enjoy soap opera much more than you admit. :D

I do, that's why i watch the Nets so closely. Watching Blatche most definitely is like getting hit in the weak spot. That's the best way i've ever seen to describe him. He's weird. He did an interview on christmas day once on wfan which i wish i had to play for you because it was strange. He didn't come off as a bad guy but he is on a different planet.

MTing
02-03-2015, 12:52 AM

I'm just saying there's no way you would know that the Nets purposely leaked the "warning" to Hollins. That sounds like a very scummy thing to do. And yes I think we make very rash decisions or we wouldn't be in the situation we are in right now. But scummy=/=rash.

MTing
02-05-2015, 02:22 AM
F*CK TORONTO :banana:

Nets fan 93
02-05-2015, 02:42 AM
F*CK TORONTO :banana:
Blatche may have been a knuckle head but the dude was really skilled and was very nice on offense, I'm surprised you left out the fact mirza Teletovic is out for the season for one of the reasons to bring him back.

Anyway Jarrett Jack has been the leader of this team. Love him running the show and deron playing off the ball. Also I've been pulling for anderson to start the whole season and the nets finally did it resulting in some wins :)

MTing
02-05-2015, 04:05 AM
Blatche may have been a knuckle head but the dude was really skilled and was very nice on offense, I'm surprised you left out the fact mirza Teletovic is out for the season for one of the reasons to bring him back.

Anyway Jarrett Jack has been the leader of this team. Love him running the show and deron playing off the ball. Also I've been pulling for anderson to start the whole season and the nets finally did it resulting in some wins :)
I think you meant to quote niko but I agree with you. I was always a fan of "Double A" Alan Anderson as well. Glad he's finally playing well. He got a lot of unfair criticism from Nets fans in the beginning of the season.

Nets fan 93
02-06-2015, 04:16 AM
I think you meant to quote niko but I agree with you. I was always a fan of "Double A" Alan Anderson as well. Glad he's finally playing well. He got a lot of unfair criticism from Nets fans in the beginning of the season.
Yeah I meant to quote gigantes and I noticed it but I was too lazy to fix it. lol my bad.
But yeah Alan Anderson has been nice with the starters.

gigantes
02-06-2015, 11:47 AM
i noticed AA and JJ getting reviled on the daily. i guess you guys aren't the usual netsdaily folks. :eek:

Nets fan 93
02-06-2015, 12:58 PM
i noticed AA and JJ getting reviled on the daily. i guess you guys aren't the usual netsdaily folks. :eek:
I left nets daily after they switched over to sbnation. Anderson started off shaky but we all know how he could play and that he was a vet. A vet who started along the starters before. Bojan is the one I have issues with. His confidence issues kill the team

niko
02-06-2015, 07:19 PM
As per Blatche, i don't think it's a bad idea to bring him back. It's just an indicator that they are flying by the seat of their pants.

Tonight is the clash of the titans. I want the Knciks to lose, and all of you want the nets to win, so the Knicks will win.

gigantes
02-06-2015, 08:00 PM
I left nets daily after they switched over to sbnation...
wow, i hope school is really keeping you busy. i would have no idea how to be a nets fan without ND.

Tonight is the clash of the titans. I want the Knciks to lose, and all of you want the nets to win, so the Knicks will win.
haha, if we win it means we're closer to getting smashed by a top seed in the playoffs. if we lose, we're improving the hawks #1 pick a little more.

i need a smiley of someone playing russian roulette right about now.

MTing
02-07-2015, 02:10 AM
haha, if we win it means we're closer to getting smashed by a top seed in the playoffs. if we lose, we're improving the hawks #1 pick a little more.

Getting smashed in the playoffs sounds like a better way to go lol

gigantes
02-07-2015, 08:02 AM
Getting smashed in the playoffs sounds like a better way to go lol
every gigantes in life needs an MT, come niko or hellwater.

:rockon:

MTing
02-09-2015, 02:27 AM
every gigantes in life needs an MT, come niko or hellwater.

:rockon:
And vice-versa good buddy :cheers:

Nets fan 93
02-09-2015, 04:47 PM
wow, i hope school is really keeping you busy. i would have no idea how to be a nets fan without ND.

Haha well yeah it has but you can find anything you wanna know on Twitter, a lot of New York writers and fans. The Brooklyn Game and Devin Kharpertian are good sources

Nets fan 93
02-09-2015, 04:49 PM
Anyway, Milwaukee today. Hopefully the Nets get some revenge on the Bucks/Former coach tonight.

gigantes
02-09-2015, 05:16 PM
Anyway, Milwaukee today. Hopefully the Nets get some revenge on the Bucks/Former coach tonight.
i hope it's the other way around, frankly. he's the one who deserves revenge for the actions of this jackass collection of nets executives.

kidd has already proven himself to be a very gifted NBA coach, but we're left trying to celebrate the fact that our GM didn't want to get him more players that worked with his system? because once you dismiss the BS idea that kidd suddenly insisted upon grabbing the GM's job, that's pretty much what's left. dude is ambitious maybe, but why would he be insane?

bottom line, jason kidd makes every player better, especially the ones who are defense and pass-first. do you know how inexpensive that type of roster is? and then you hire a primetime scorer or two and you're talking about endless playoffs appearances and better.

sure what's done is done, but it's past time to admit that prokhy's and king's plan has been a complete disaster. the team is for sale, the russians are backing out tails between their legs, we've lost endless prime draft picks... now how's our "five year plan to win the championship" working out...?

jason kidd has flaws, but bottom line he wins at every level he's involved with.

sorry NF93, this is moreso directed at ND... just kind of set me off a bit. not your fault.

Nets fan 93
02-09-2015, 06:41 PM
i hope it's the other way around, frankly. he's the one who deserves revenge for the actions of this jackass collection of nets executives.

kidd has already proven himself to be a very gifted NBA coach, but we're left trying to celebrate the fact that our GM didn't want to get him more players that worked with his system? because once you dismiss the BS idea that kidd suddenly insisted upon grabbing the GM's job, that's pretty much what's left. dude is ambitious maybe, but why would he be insane?

bottom line, jason kidd makes every player better, especially the ones who are defense and pass-first. do you know how inexpensive that type of roster is? and then you hire a primetime scorer or two and you're talking about endless playoffs appearances and better.

sure what's done is done, but it's past time to admit that prokhy's and king's plan has been a complete disaster. the team is for sale, the russians are backing out tails between their legs, we've lost endless prime draft picks... now how's our "five year plan to win the championship" working out...?

jason kidd has flaws, but bottom line he wins at every level he's involved with.

sorry NF93, this is moreso directed at ND... just kind of set me off a bit. not your fault.

It's alright. Opinion is opinion. Let's see what he and the Bucks do
in the playoffs first. And while yes the management could have potentially let a really nice coach go, he still was only a rookie coach going on to his sophomore year. They only had one year down to take on their views of him. Luckily they got something in return for him.

gigantes
02-09-2015, 07:00 PM
It's alright. Opinion is opinion. Let's see what he and the Bucks do
in the playoffs first. And while yes the management could have potentially let a really nice coach go, he still was only a rookie coach going on to his sophomore year. They only had one year down to take on their views of him. Luckily they got something in return for him.
past the bumpy start of last season, he's been on an absolute tear as a head coach.

playoffs, really? now the bucks need to see what they can do in the playoffs before we give the man some credit...?

wow, okay.

niko
02-10-2015, 07:37 PM
Kidd is a good coach. Look back at what I said when he left and I was totally totally wrong. How he left remains scummy. But (for himself) it clearly was the right move and questioning his coaching seems silly. It's twice with two different rosters he's turned teams around. And that Bucks team is an odd fit, yet it works pretty well.

MTing
02-12-2015, 04:10 PM
Kidd had some great moves last season. Putting Shaun at the 2 and moving KG to center/Paul to PF was essential to our 2nd half resurgence. I'll always love him as a player, he's the person that got me to love this team for crying out loud. But I actually agree with niko, the way he left was not very professional. I understand he was looking at the 2 situations and the Bucks certainly have a better future than us, but taking another head coach's job like he did Larry Drew's isn't very nice.

Also I think it's just frustration on the fans in ND. He was "promised" to be our long term head coach and he's potentially the greatest player in our franchise. It was a match made in heaven but it failed after 1 season. Just the luck of being a Nets fan.

gigantes
02-12-2015, 08:09 PM
byron scott said last week that kidd was an a-hole. maybe that was spot on. maybe he has that isiah thomas quality of being all polite and friendly in certain situations and being a manipulative dickhead in other scenerios. maybe. TBH this also describes a wiiide range of people in life... such as business execs, bosses, politicians, highly-talented ppl of all kind, salespeople, traders, etc.

it does suck about larry drew getting frozen out. even when new owners come in, there is supposed to be that courtesy of firing upfront, not in stealth. at the same time kidd was almost certainly right about billy king-- he's probably the NBA's biggest joke of a trader, not to mention prokhy is probably tied with dolan as world's most incompetent at deciding who to pay.

the guy was callous but he -did- have a point.

i'm still a kidd admirer, so i became interested in the mavs and now the bucks. i think the joumana thing (major superb-tch) was overblown, but the drunk-driving thing was really bad for putting others' lives in danger. we'll see. i do have a big appreciation for bosses who can turn underachievers in to gold by power of the right motivation / plan. it is such an important part of life to me.

just for comparison, i'm *quite* sure i'll always be a phil jackson admirer, so i'd love to see what he can do with the knicks even tho he has a complete jackass for a boss. sorry fellow nets fans, but we all need secondary hobbies in life. :P

this also brings us to owners who aren't in the game because of ego and know how to defer (and identify) those with much greater knowledge. the incorruptibles one might say. peter holt and jerry buss are pretty good examples i think. meanwhile, the apple got ICBM'd two continents away, eh jim buss?

Nets fan 93
02-13-2015, 12:25 AM
past the bumpy start of last season, he's been on an absolute tear as a head coach.

playoffs, really? now the bucks need to see what they can do in the playoffs before we give the man some credit...?

wow, okay.
The east is super weak. In fact most of the league is weak in my opinion. Kyle Korver is an allstar. Let that sink in. Over talent like Vucevic and Brandon Knight. I didn't say Kidd is a bad coach. Lets look at George Karl for example. His team's were always around 50 wins with Denver. Even when they traded their two best players in Melo and Billups. But in the playoffs he was always a first round exit. Denver fired him after he won coach of the year because he just never got it done in the playoffs.

I'd like to see what kidd could do in the playoffs, but that's just me.

gigantes
02-13-2015, 07:43 PM
The east is super weak. In fact most of the league is weak in my opinion. Kyle Korver is an allstar. Let that sink in. Over talent like Vucevic and Brandon Knight. I didn't say Kidd is a bad coach. Lets look at George Karl for example. His team's were always around 50 wins with Denver. Even when they traded their two best players in Melo and Billups. But in the playoffs he was always a first round exit. Denver fired him after he won coach of the year because he just never got it done in the playoffs.

I'd like to see what kidd could do in the playoffs, but that's just me.
the east is weak, but it's the same conference they played in last year. checking the record, it says they were the worst team in the league last year at 15-67. i see they're now listed at 30-23, already doubling their win total from last season even tho they've lost a couple of their best players this season. if that's not very, very impressive then i don't know what is.

kyle korver has worked his ass off (http://www.usatoday.com/longform/sports/nba/hawks/2015/02/02/kyle-korver-vs-perfection-atlanta-three-point-shot/22693565/) from what i've read. he's on track to have the greatest shooting season in league history (50 - 50 - 90) from what i've read. who says the deadliest sharpshooter in the league shouldn't be in the allstar game...?

IIRC the nuggets actually got better when they got rid of melo and iverson. i also think that karl is one of those guys who sometimes suffers from overachieving with flawed rosters. when the playoffs roll around, there is more time and information for other clubs to attack the team's weaknesses, but that doesn't necessarily mean the coach is flawed. larry brown was another guy like that.

MTing
02-24-2015, 05:15 PM
Nice back to back wins against the Lakers and Nuggets. I can't believe we actually have a young, athletic team that runs now. We finally found a team that fits D-Will's game.

Nets fan 93
03-03-2015, 06:49 PM
Even nicer back to back wins against the Mavs and Warriors. Jarrett Jack has been the player with ice in his veins this season. Gotta love it

MTing
03-03-2015, 11:08 PM
Even nicer back to back wins against the Mavs and Warriors. Jarrett Jack has been the player with ice in his veins this season. Gotta love it
Joe Jesus gave his powers to Jehovah Jack.

gigantes
03-14-2015, 11:44 AM
i like this woj article "in defense of billy king" that just came out.

IMO it's one of the more accurate assessments of the situation, basically pointing out that it's very hard to evaluate king based on the imperatives he was under from the russians... the most obvious example being the celtics disaster of a trade.

in other words, we have utterly no idea where we'd be now if king had been left to his own devices to build a team around derrick favors and whoever else.

another good point raised in the comment section is that even considering all that, why the hell did king not include protections on the mountain of picks he gave away? that's arguably the worst he's done here as a GM.

overall i do think ratner should get most of the credit for the nets being upgraded so to speak. THE MOVE and the new arena were both his babies, and he took endless shit for that. prokhy was the deep-pockets guy who waltzed along and bailed out the project, but it could have been any rich guy at all, really.

when prokhy first came along he was naturally treated as a savior. partly because he was already the boss of a championship team in the euroleague. in other words, we all assumed the f-cker knew what he was doing.

turns out he was pretty much just another crazy russian in a world full of crazy russians.

MTing
03-18-2015, 12:54 AM
i like this woj article "in defense of billy king" that just came out.

IMO it's one of the more accurate assessments of the situation, basically pointing out that it's very hard to evaluate king based on the imperatives he was under from the russians... the most obvious example being the celtics disaster of a trade.

in other words, we have utterly no idea where we'd be now if king had been left to his own devices to build a team around derrick favors and whoever else.

another good point raised in the comment section is that even considering all that, why the hell did king not include protections on the mountain of picks he gave away? that's arguably the worst he's done here as a GM.

overall i do think ratner should get most of the credit for the nets being upgraded so to speak. THE MOVE and the new arena were both his babies, and he took endless shit for that. prokhy was the deep-pockets guy who waltzed along and bailed out the project, but it could have been any rich guy at all, really.

when prokhy first came along he was naturally treated as a savior. partly because he was already the boss of a championship team in the euroleague. in other words, we all assumed the f-cker knew what he was doing.

turns out he was pretty much just another crazy russian in a world full of crazy russians.

This 100x. I usually defend Billy against the people that want his head because it isn't 100% his fault. He was under the influence from Proky and his right hand man to make the sexy moves and acquire the big names. However, one thing that is his fault is not protecting all those picks. One would think Billy King must have a lot of illegitimate kids because he never uses protection lol.

gigantes
03-18-2015, 05:16 AM
lol... good one, there. :oldlol:

MTing
03-25-2015, 10:19 PM
Brook the last few games:
http://img.pandawhale.com/83365-puny-god-gif-Hulk-The-Avengers-o7Tn.gif

Nets fan 93
03-29-2015, 10:46 PM
Back at #8

MTing
04-01-2015, 12:31 AM
I don't want to jinx it but what a turnaround. A few weeks ago I thought the season was long gone. The advantages of playing in the Leastern Conference.

Nets fan 93
04-01-2015, 03:38 PM
I don't want to jinx it but what a turnaround. A few weeks ago I thought the season was long gone. The advantages of playing in the Leastern Conference.
Wouldn't blame it on you anyway. Really really tough schedule for this last month. Gotta take care of business tonight

gigantes
04-03-2015, 07:49 PM
hollins had some interesting comments about KG and leadership in this article (http://www.netsdaily.com/2015/4/2/8337845/lionel-hollins-credits-thaddeus-young-trade-with-helping-deron):

I have nothing but the great memories and thoughts of the great Kevn Garnett as a person, a player and as a leader, but leadership comes in a lot of ways. And definitely, Kevin was a strong foice in the locker room but everyone can lead by example by doing your job and going out an playing. I think as a team, they're bonding as a group. They're leading each other as a group without vocal domination but with just going out and doing your job and playing. Guys have grown through the year. Markel has grown, Bogie (Bojan Bogdanovic) has grown. Jarrett Jack is a good leader in the locker room. Alan Anderson is a good leader in the locker room. And Joe has stepped up and been more of a verbal leader than everyone says he ever was. So you lose one dominating voice and all of a sudden, there's a lot of voices that step up.
maybe garnett was not all that helpful of a presence for the nets, even in the locker room.

MTing
04-05-2015, 04:37 AM
hollins had some interesting comments about KG and leadership in this article (http://www.netsdaily.com/2015/4/2/8337845/lionel-hollins-credits-thaddeus-young-trade-with-helping-deron):

maybe garnett was not all that helpful of a presence for the nets, even in the locker room.
I think it did this team good to have him here. Remember our first year in Brooklyn, people were saying how there was no definite vocal leader on our team and we lost to the Bulls because we weren't tough? Well I definitely feel like we were tougher last year. Guys like D-Will and Joe, who are notorious for being quiet and emotionless, have both shown a lot more emotion since KG was here. Hell last night D-Will got mad at the ref on a no-call, got pissed and proceeded to drop 10 straight points and bring us back in the game. Let's not forget KG also helped with Mason's development and helped motivate Brook whenever he was having an off night.

Just my opinion but I really think KG helped this team find a spine.

gigantes
04-05-2015, 12:36 PM
I think it did this team good to have him here. Remember our first year in Brooklyn, people were saying how there was no definite vocal leader on our team and we lost to the Bulls because we weren't tough? Well I definitely feel like we were tougher last year. Guys like D-Will and Joe, who are notorious for being quiet and emotionless, have both shown a lot more emotion since KG was here. Hell last night D-Will got mad at the ref on a no-call, got pissed and proceeded to drop 10 straight points and bring us back in the game. Let's not forget KG also helped with Mason's development and helped motivate Brook whenever he was having an off night.

Just my opinion but I really think KG helped this team find a spine.
those are very good points.

maybe both things are true-- that he was an excellent influence but he also had to move on for the team to take that next step.

MTing
04-05-2015, 05:21 PM
those are very good points.

maybe both things are true-- that he was an excellent influence but he also had to move on for the team to take that next step.
Don't get me wrong as much as I love KG, I'm glad we have Thad Young now instead of him.

gigantes
04-05-2015, 06:11 PM
Don't get me wrong as much as I love KG, I'm glad we have Thad Young now instead of him.
it's amazing how the trade deadline turned out.

one moment we're giving up lopez and stuff to get a ballhog PG... the next, we're somehow getting thad young for an ancient KG. talk about disaster narrowly averted.

in a fantasy realm in my head, king is in charge of drafting, the russians never again interfere with the GM's job, and a co-GM is hired who's an expert at trades.

Nets fan 93
04-06-2015, 05:52 PM
it's amazing how the trade deadline turned out.

one moment we're giving up lopez and stuff to get a ballhog PG... the next, we're somehow getting thad young for an ancient KG. talk about disaster narrowly averted.

in a fantasy realm in my head, king is in charge of drafting, the russians never again interfere with the GM's job, and a co-GM is hired who's an expert at trades.
That fantasy would be nice lol

MTing
04-08-2015, 03:16 AM
Would you guys rather vs the Hawks or the Cavs?

gigantes
04-08-2015, 12:56 PM
i read somewhere that the cavs have been the hottest team since the all-star break, while the hawks have been slowing down lately. so i'm leaning towards the hawks.

considering the difficulty of these last five games, #8 seems like a pretty likely spot.

MTing
04-08-2015, 10:20 PM
Almost pulled out a huge comeback win tonight against the Hawks. They are a helluva team man. The ball movement is so crisp and everyone plays great defense. They'll be very tough if we do face them. But to answer my own question I think I'd rather go Hawks too. I think playing consecutive games against them, we'd eventually figure out how they work and put up a decent fight. Also it's best to avoid LeBron James as much as possible.

gigantes
04-14-2015, 11:49 PM
wow, things sure turned around in a hurry. i wonder if the nets are allergic to pressure?

so now if i understand correctly, the nets have to win their last game and indy needs its six-game win streak snapped in order for us to retake the #8 seed and sneak in to the playoffs.

atlanta about to get in to the draft lottery. :(

and when it rains, it pours. PP just slammed the nets and various players pretty hard. but i think his comments would have gone over a lot better if he and KG had shown more on the actual court.
http://www.netsdaily.com/2015/4/14/8416689/paul-pierce-slams-deron-williams

:confusedshrug:

MTing
04-15-2015, 03:37 AM
wow, things sure turned around in a hurry. i wonder if the nets are allergic to pressure?

so now if i understand correctly, the nets have to win their last game and indy needs its six-game win streak snapped in order for us to retake the #8 seed and sneak in to the playoffs.

atlanta about to get in to the draft lottery. :(

and when it rains, it pours. PP just slammed the nets and various players pretty hard. but i think his comments would have gone over a lot better if he and KG had shown more on the actual court.
http://www.netsdaily.com/2015/4/14/8416689/paul-pierce-slams-deron-williams

:confusedshrug:

Being a Nets fan is never easy huh?

I feel Pierce is still salty about not getting offered a contract last off season but a lot of what he said is true. Joe and Deron are not leaders.

Go Grizzlies.

MTing
04-16-2015, 12:21 AM
WE'RE IN FELLAS!:banana: :banana: :banana:

gigantes
04-16-2015, 04:53 AM
:eek:

Nets fan 93
04-17-2015, 01:42 AM
I was at the game last night. Plumlee did an awesome job on Nikola Vucevic in the fourth until the magic intentionally fouled him. Then hollies took him right out for Brook. Just thought it went unnoticed. I was impressed.

The grizzles were down last night until the spurs game was over and they saw they lost. Then they knew they had a real chance at a good seed. Thank goodness they were still playing for something or gasol would have probably say out with his hurt ankle. He put up great numbers in that game.

Well it wasn't the best season they've had in Brooklyn. Somehow they make the playoffs though. The biggest difference from this season compared to years past was that they didn't have a consistent bench. Mirza kinda regressed this season and then had that horrible lung situation. Blanche gone. Kirilenko couldn't even play well enough for the rotation. Markel wasn't used until the end of the allstar break. Bojan has played well off the bench in April and this may be the answer for where he fits. 6th man role. How about 28 off the bench in a must win important game.

Hope the nets are at least somewhat competitive. Unless they improve their bench this offseason somehow.... Good luck trying to sneak into the playoffs next year with this core...

gigantes
04-25-2015, 05:39 PM
cool! #8 nets (1-2) are so far doing better than:

#4 toronto (0-3)

#6 milwaukee (0-3)

#7 boston (0-3)

...playing against the team with the second-best record in the NBA. :rockon:

Miss Bella
04-25-2015, 06:13 PM
Backdoor sweep? Can we do it? CAN WEE? Go brook.

gigantes
04-25-2015, 08:31 PM
brook had another nice game but i was getting seriously worried when he started breaking out those dirk and kareem moves later in the game and killing the momentum from that awesome 19-0 run.

know your game, son. :no:

Nets fan 93
04-26-2015, 03:29 AM
Nets did this last year against the Heat. Let's see if this year they can pull off back-to-back home wins

Miss Bella
04-27-2015, 09:45 PM
Seems like Pierce fired up Dwill. Keep it coming. A backdoor sweep on the way!

Nets fan 93
04-28-2015, 06:37 AM
Please don't just be a fluke game Deron, PLEASE

gigantes
04-28-2015, 05:01 PM
Please don't just be a fluke game Deron, PLEASE
well, the real problem is that he's been having bad tendinitis. that's something that's likely to nag him the rest of these playoffs.

last night he probably said "eff-it, just give me a big dose of cortisone and local pain killers."

can't expect him to do that every game.

Nets fan 93
04-30-2015, 12:59 PM
I wish There was something to get rid of tendinitis:(

gigantes
05-01-2015, 11:08 PM
oh well... good season, i guess.

i hope plumlee can learn to shoot this offseason, because brook could use some help.

nice to see bogs become more adjusted to the game over the season.

hopefully johnson can be moved this offseason and the team can start to recover from the horrible stretch of bad trades, re-signings and lost draft picks. maybe deron can somehow be moved as well...

MTing
05-02-2015, 11:39 AM
I'm glad our boys fought back. I'm sure a lot of people expected us to get swept but we took 2 games. Also prevented the Hawks from getting a lottery pick. I'd say that's pretty successful considering how bad we've been this season.

Nets fan 93
05-02-2015, 11:56 PM
I'm glad our boys fought back. I'm sure a lot of people expected us to get swept but we took 2 games. Also prevented the Hawks from getting a lottery pick. I'd say that's pretty successful considering how bad we've been this season.
Exactly. Might be the last time we see the nets in the playoffs for a year or two. Unless the re-up Thad and Brook.